PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup SF: USA v RUS (USTA Considering Vermont,Indy or Hawaii For This Tie :help:)

pierce0415
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
great SF matchup here ... it is the week after Wimbledon but I hope the top players show up from both sides, including Sharapova making her Fed Cup debut

the ideal situation:

location:New York (Louis Armstrong Stadium, 2nd biggest court at USO), Winston-Salem or somewhere in California

surface: hard outdoors

USA Squad: S Williams, V Williams, V King, L Raymond

RUS Squad: Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Petrova, Dementieva

who would win this tie?

goldenlox
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Sharapova isn't playing for Russia.

Vlover
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
Fantastic!! I thought it was going to be in Russia again on clay:devil: If Venus and Serena play I will be going. :banana: It would be nice if they also have redced tickets here.:p

Viktymise
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
Its such a bad position being right after Wimbledon :o, it means much less chance that either Venus or Serena will play unless they make an early exit at Wimbly :shrug: i expect Sharapova won't play either with it being so close to Wimbledon, maybe Dementieva and Kuznetsova for Russia

goldenlox
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
The Russian team will be strong. I don't know if the US team will be any good.

Josh.
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
The Russian team will be strong. I don't know if the US team will be any good.

agreed :)

Brooks.
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
If the Williams Sisters play then the USA will win...they have great records against all the russians..especially Serena

goldenlox
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
Nothing is for sure, except that the Russian team will be strong.

RJWCapriati
Usa

4-1

Viktymise
It all depends on who plays, i think USA will need both Vee and Serena, just 1 of them would be tough because Russia are likely to have a least 2 of their top players and either King or Jackson would have a real uphill battle in beating any of them

southpaw58
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
What if they played in on grass? Just an idea. I remember US Davis Cup played Chile on grass last year.

schorsch
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
i dont know. i hope russia wins. i hope they win it all actually :p

iPatty
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
i hope they play in winston-salem. :drool:

LudwigDvorak
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:44 PM
I'd love for the Fed Cup SF between Russia and the USA to be on an indoor carpet surface, perhaps where the Chase Championships were held in New York.

I'd want:
Dementieva v. V. Williams
Dementieva v. S. Williams
Petrova v. V. Williams
Petrova v. S. Williams
Zvonareva/Vesnina v. Raymond/King

Just my dream.

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:45 PM
If they could make the match on grass then I would bet the Williams sisters would play! ;)

That would be :drool:

schorsch
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:47 PM
i dont know, i have a feeling the WS wont play the semis. the russians always have enough good players, so they'll definately have a good team. remember ree is playing team world tennis as well ! so maybe venus will.

faboozadoo15
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
I'd love for the Fed Cup SF between Russia and the USA to be on an indoor carpet surface, perhaps where the Chase Championships were held in New York.

I'd want:
Dementieva v. V. Williams
Dementieva v. S. Williams
Petrova v. V. Williams
Petrova v. S. Williams
Zvonareva/Vesnina v. Raymond/King

Just my dream.

If Venus is on the team it probably won't be indoors or on carpet.

I wonder if Sharapova plays. That would be a huge story if she did.

Nevertheless I think this tie could be everything FedCup really needs to sort of take off. It would certainly garner a lot of attention if all the big names are present. Why do you not have kuznetsova on your RUS team, if I may ask?

schorsch
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:53 PM
demi pet kuzzy masha :) now that would rock.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:54 PM
U S A

LudwigDvorak
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Why wouldn't Venus play on an indoor carpet? I didn't put Kuznetsova on the team since Petrova is, in my opinion, a better player, especially on carpet, which is where I would want the tie to be on.

goldenlox
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Sharapova won't play. She already kept herself Olympic eligible.
This tie will have players who want to represent their country.

schorsch
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:01 AM

but you dont know if she will play, you only assume that she wont :devil: so stuf plz.

oh, what if myskina will play REALLY well and make her fedcup comeback ? she sure does want to have a glimpse at the oliympics as well i guess.:bounce:

schorsch
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:02 AM
Why wouldn't Venus play on an indoor carpet? I didn't put Kuznetsova on the team since Petrova is, in my opinion, a better player, especially on carpet, which is where I would want the tie to be on.

apparently venus doesnt like carpet all too much. i dont know, i think there were some stats that showed that she struggled on it a bit.

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Sharapova has never played. I'll go by her past performance until I see different.

schorsch
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
ya we know your opinion on that. but you still cant say that she wont play unless she says so herself.

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:07 AM
She might play for the US. She has to sign her citizenship papers first.

terjw
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:10 AM
ya we know your opinion on that. but you still cant say that she wont play unless she says so herself.

Well Maria has said so. She said she'd like to play Fed Cup for Russia but would not be available for the semi-finals. Whether her injury which ruled her out in the first round would make her change her mind. I doubt it.

Effy
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:12 AM

here we go again...:rolleyes: are u going to repeat it all the time?

MH0861
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:12 AM
They should play on GRASS. :D

venus_rulez
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:13 AM
What if they played in on grass? Just an idea. I remember US Davis Cup played Chile on grass last year.

I was thinking the same thing. I think if Venus and Serena play, it should be on grass. They are head and shoulders above all the Russians on that surface, especially since the chances of Sharapova playing are pretty much nil.

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:14 AM
here we go again...:rolleyes: are u going to repeat it all the time?
Yeah, I am. Until she plays, she's never played. And that covers years of never playing.

Effy
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
She might play for the US. She has to sign her citizenship papers first.

u r pathetic and obsessed

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
I'm not obsessed with Sharapova. I hope she plays for the US.
I'm rooting for the Russian team. And Sharapova has never been involved with them.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:24 AM
Regardless of who plays, I think it's important for Lisa Raymond to make sure she starts to change her schedule towards the Olympics.

Vania King is probably her best choice and chance at a medal at the Olympics.

They need to show good potential against Russia.

ys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:35 AM
West Coast and New England are about the only places where it can be played in comfortable conditions at that time outdoors.. Something tells that they might eventually put it on grass..

Mightymirza
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
I dont think serena would wanna play on indoor clay right after wimbledon..:shrug:

Mightymirza
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
oops..:o so tie is in USA!!!! Russian team better select LenaD!! She rocks on american hardcourts..:rocker2:

laurie
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
Much too early to have a poll considering we have no idea who will be available for either team come July.

50Sense
Apr 23rd, 2007, 01:40 AM
Without at least one Williams sister, the USA squad wouldn't stand a chance. I really hope they do though.

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 23rd, 2007, 01:50 AM
The outcome depends on whether Serena is gonna play or not. If she is (and she is in form) USA will win. Venus is absolutely beatable. But if it's on grass Americans' chances increase considerably.
And it's pretty obvious Sharapova won't play.

IanRadi
Apr 23rd, 2007, 01:52 AM
I do not know. Russia is very dangerous in hard (Kuznetsova, Dementieva and Myskina) but USA with Venus and Serena is favourite. Also, with Meghann and Lisa in doubles.

Stamp Paid
Apr 23rd, 2007, 01:55 AM
Unless Serena plays, the USA has little chance.

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 23rd, 2007, 01:59 AM
I do not know. Russia is very dangerous in hard (Kuznetsova, Dementieva and Myskina) but USA with Venus and Serena is favourite. Also, with Meghann and Lisa in doubles.

Please, forget about Myskina! :tape:
She's not playing this summer. And she sucks at US tournaments anyway. And Dementieva went into downfall after her LA title. Kuznetsova and Petrova are the only Russians who are capable to upset USA.

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:02 AM
I can't forget about Myskina. I don't expect her to play that tie, although I'm hoping she plays well on grass this year.
Nastya had good grass results last year. Things happen quickly. Players come good suddenly.

We have a great summer of tennis coming. And this tie will depend on who's there.

darrinbaker00
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:06 AM
The ITF, USTA and WTA Tour need to get together and bribe--I mean, persuade both Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova to play this tie. They would have no problem selling tickets for that. ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:08 AM
I can't believe so many people actually believe (sorry for tautology) that Myskina will play anytime soon... :o
She is still three or four months away from getting into shape of any kind.

IanRadi
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:09 AM
I'd like to see Sharapova vs. S.Williams in the Fed Cup.

AnnaK_4ever: Is not bad to be positive in the life.

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:11 AM

That match will never be played.

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:12 AM

AnnaK_4ever: Is not bad to be positive in the life.

It's bad to be delusional though...

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:16 AM
Myskina playing isn't that wild. If she does play at Wimbledon, and there's a spot open on the team, then it's a possibility.
Neiland is her coach and she will be with the Fed Cup team.

friendsita
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:18 AM

Me too, would be interesting.
How would be this time 6-1 6-0? :lol: ... sorry Masha.

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:20 AM
Myskina playing isn't that wild. If she does play at Wimbledon, and there's a spot open on the team. Then it's a possibility.

Myskina out of shape. She put on some weight, not much but still. Her footwork is off due to injury.
And how she plays when her fitness and footwork are down you could see at RG-2005.

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:24 AM
RG 2005 she was also thinking about her mom's health.

vettipooh
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:26 AM
Don't worry. By July, Sharapova will be an American citizen, so we'll have a strong team ;).....she was just waiting for her 20th B/day.:lol: And I agree with Goldy...she ain't playing no darn fedcup for Russia. It's all about her, remember?? ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:29 AM
RG 2005 she was also thinking about her mom's health.

And this year she will be thinkng about her own health. Result will be the same unless she trains hard for several months before returning on court.

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:33 AM
I think Nastya will probably want to go home after Wimbledon. Not go straight to the US.
But you never know. Nastya has played WTT in the US. And once trained with Lansdorp.
So she might go to the US with Neiland.
It depends on how she plays and her health after Wimbledon.
Chakvetadze is going to train with Lansdorp this summer, so she's going to the US. So is Lena D.

ys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:39 AM
I can't believe so many people actually believe (sorry for tautology) that Myskina will play anytime soon... :o
She is still three or four months away from getting into shape of any kind.

The event is exactly three month away. It's a Grand Slam champion we are talking about, is it? Nastya was a soul of this team before her 2005 slump.

ys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:40 AM
I think Nastya will probably want to go home after Wimbledon. Not go straight to the US.
But you never know. Nastya has played WTT in the US. And once trained with Lansdorp.
So she might go to the US with Neiland.
It depends on how she plays and her health after Wimbledon.
Chakvetadze is going to train with Lansdorp this summer, so she's going to the US. So is Lena D.

It is all about Nastya's mottivation, if her motivation is back, she'll be a force to reckon with very soon. Otherwise all this is really moot..

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:41 AM
Nastya has to get through Wimbledon healthy. After what happened in January, her health is a concern.
Having a tennis discussion about Nastya is great. This used to be HER team.

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:48 AM
The event is exactly three month away. It's a Grand Slam champion we are talking about, is it? Nastya was a soul of this team before her 2005 slump.

She is different player today. Nowhere near to what she was in 2004, or 2003, or 2002. Worse player. Player with no confidence.
And if she is serious about comeback attempt, IMO, she should begin with trying herself at lower-tiered events after US Open: Seoul - Tokyo - Bangkok.

moon
Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:13 AM
Nastya or no, if either Williams sister plays they will win. :p
If they both play, it'll be a sweep.

MS_FP
Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:41 AM
Russia no matter who plays for either side

Please come to Winston-Salem :hatoff:

pierce0415
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:07 AM
There’s no definitive word as to where the United States will host the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas semifinal in July, but Stowe, Vermont, is considered the strong favorite at this time. But the USTA is also looking at sites in Indianapolis and Hawaii.

Garrison believes she is likely to field the same team as she did this weekend against the Russians.

“We know Venus, Serena, Lisa,” Garrison said. “I’m not putting any pressure on Vania, but that’s always a spot you always have to kind of work with. But I thought Lisa and Vania played extremely well in doubles today.”

Venus Williams said barring injuries that she expects to be on the squad in July. Serena Williams also said she’d like to play, but was a bit more hesitant, saying, “Yeah, we’ll see. It’s a long season. I think it’s right after Wimbledon. I think there’s a good possibility.”

pierce0415
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:09 AM
I thought the CTA was brainless but it looks like the USTA is not much better

putting a tie in the middle of nowhere (Vermont) right after Wimbledon and before the hard court tournaments or in Hawaii is a sure way NOT to get Venus or Serena to play

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:11 AM
Usa

4-1
I love your avatar. Even though I was always for Venus or Serena, I really miss Jen. :crying2:

tucker1989
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:33 AM
LOL, Stowe is a tiny ski town in Vermont; I was there last summer. I have a very hard time seeing any top players showing up if they choose to play there. I wish they would come back to DC. They played Italy here in 2003 and the attendance was great. Venus and Monica were both supposed to play, but both pulled out.

vejh
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:36 AM
If the tie is in NYC, I hope to go :) But they wouldn't put the tie here, not with us having the USO.

pierce0415
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
If the tie is in NYC, I hope to go :) But they wouldn't put the tie here, not with us having the USO.

well France put their Fed Cup tie in the Roland Garros stadium one year because it was the Fed Cup final against Russia ... I think it was sold out

if Sharapova and both Williams play, I don't see anything wrong with putting it in NYC

timafi
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:22 PM
well France put their Fed Cup tie in the Roland Garros stadium one year because it was the Fed Cup final against Russia ... I think it was sold out

it was packed

ewbangkok
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Russia should keep : Petrova,Kuznetzova,Chadvetadze or Kirilenko and Dementieva

USA : The Williams, King and Lisa

Vlover
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:37 PM

putting a tie in the middle of nowhere (Vermont) right after Wimbledon and before the hard court tournaments or in Hawaii is a sure way NOT to get Venus or Serena to play

I agree with your assessement here! One wonders what is the motivation behind these stupid suggestions.:( Why are tennis suits so f***ed up?:help:

Craigy
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Don't see Serena playing there.

ptkten
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:38 PM

Well, I think one of the major reasons is the weather. Playing somewhere like DC in July is brutal because of the heat and humidity. I've never understood how the ATP holds a tournament there in the middle of the summer.

dybbuk
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
If Serena plays, the USA will win. She is simply much better than anyone on the Russian team.

If she doesn't, Venus might be able to pull out a win, I doubt it however. I don't think Maria is playing, so the Russian team would likely be Petrova and Kuzy. Venus would beat Petrova, but I could see Kuzy giving the US fits.

griffin
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM

they played in Lowell, Mass - Stow at least is pretty.

iWill
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM

Do we have any grass courts here in the US???? I havent heard of any because I think they would've used it every time they pick a surface.

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Do we have any grass courts here in the US???? I havent heard of any because I think they would've used it every time they pick a surface.

yea.... do we have grass courts? cuz i think if we dont, we should make some lol.

griffin
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM

Newport and Longwood.

most of the courts in Stowe are clay, but it wouldn't be the first time a country MADE grass courts for a contest.

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Making grass courts for who? Zina won't know who's playing until the latter part of Wimbledon, if not later.
And Nadia and Sveta can play on grass.

Slutiana
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:31 PM
If it comes down to the deciding rubber, i expect serena and vee to play the doubles..or at least one of them with raymond...do you think that would happen?

jazar
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
hawaii. its gotta be.

dybbuk
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Making grass courts for who? Zina won't know who's playing until the latter part of Wimbledon, if not later.
And Nadia and Sveta can play on grass.

Neither have even near the ability of Serena or Venus on grass. If Venus and Serena both play, I don't think grass is such a bad idea. Myskina and Sharapova are the only players from Russia that spring to mind that could give them trouble on grass.

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
I don't care what the surface is. But if they spend money to make a one weekend grass court, the USTA might be disappointed by who's playing for the US.
If they want grass, bring it on

moon
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
They have grass courts in Houston. Isn't that where the Davis Cup was played, and Sampras lost to Corretja?

Trying to be unselfish here, but they should probably play the tie, where people don't normally get to see the top players.

archie4
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I think it would be wise for the USTA to ask the Williams sisters where they would be willing to play the USA-RUS Fed Cup. If the Williams sisters would be more inclined to play if the tie were in New York, Miami, or wherever (even Delray Beach), the USTA would be wise to listen to them. I think the USA can win the tie with Russia with Venus, Serena, Lisa, and Vania, but they really need the Williams sisters! I know the sisters always enjoy playing in Miami (it's close to home), so maybe the Tennis Center at Crandon Park (Sony Ericsson Open) would be a good choice.

In The Zone
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:16 AM
The USTA will obviously be working with Venus and Serena, courting them for this before deciding. The week after Wimbledon: grass is ideal. If grass, the Russians are not particularly strong on it -- Venus and Serena would triumph. Even only one William Sister would do the trick, teaming up with Lisa for the 3rd point.

ys
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:29 AM
most of the courts in Stowe are clay, but it wouldn't be the first time a country MADE grass courts for a contest.

Not really.. I am practicing in Stowe like 10 times an year.. know the palce very well.. They have hardcourts all over the palce, a lot of hartru, even red-clay at Inn at the Mountain.. But I still wonder about venue..Where are they going to play? At Topnotch Tennis Club? And , frankly, what about attendance?

ys
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Neither have even near the ability of Serena or Venus on grass. If Venus and Serena both play, I don't think grass is such a bad idea. Myskina and Sharapova are the only players from Russia that spring to mind that could give them trouble on grass.

I must be forgetting soemthing, but I believe that Sveta is very good on grass and won Eastbourne or something like that..

goldenlox
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I say Hawaii. Nadia can hang out on the beach before she kicks ass.

Lapin
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Hope you'll forgive me being slightly :topic: here, but if USA beats Russia and France beats Italy in the semis, does anyone know if the final would be held in the States or in France? :confused:

Thanks if anyone know the answer! :p

Derek.
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I'd be stoked if it was in Indianapolis.

I'd be going there for sure.

maryc
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, California. Davis Cup
was played there last spring.

Mary

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I hope Vee and Ree play :hearts:

If they do, it's a guarantee that the US is in the final.

PointBlank
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Those 3 venues? Do they want an audience?

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM
TBH, Indy makes the most sense. :shrug: I mean Serena's already going to be there, and it the least amount of uncessesary jet-lag

I hope they play Indy on grass :drool::hearts:

moon
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Hope you'll forgive me being slightly :topic: here, but if USA beats Russia and France beats Italy in the semis, does anyone know if the final would be held in the States or in France? :confused:

Thanks if anyone know the answer! :p

I don't know for sure.
but USA has been home for the last two ties (quarter & upcoming semi). Don't they have to be away at least once? I've never heard of any team play every tie at home.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Stowe would be nice because Vermont has NO kind of professional tennis events whatsoever. Hawaii at least has a mens and womens challenger (and several future events) and Indianapolis has a giant ATP Masters event.

Hawaii is also a sure bet to get Venus and Serena not to play. They will not get on a plane from London and fly halfway around the world directly after Wimbledon. Not a chance.

I've always thought a big part of Davis Cup and Fed Cup was bringing professional tennis to places that normally don't get a chance to see it.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:47 PM

Well the problem is Newport, RI which is the most known place in the US with grass courts will be occupied with an ITF and ATP tournaments the same week as FED CUP.

Unlike the DAVIS CUP it seems the USTA isn't feeling the idea of making a grass court for FED CUP.

I like the idea of FED CUP being in a place like Vermont.

Lapin
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I don't know for sure.
but USA has been home for the last two ties (quarter & upcoming semi). Don't they have to be away at least once? I've never heard of any team play every tie at home.

Thanks moon! :) I was wondering when the two teams last played each other but couldn't remember. Since then I've found out it was in the final in 2003, which of course was held in Moscow, so actually neither team was 'at home' for the most recent meeting; they usually alternate I think. So now I'm thinking that either they will decide by tossing a coin or something like that, or they may decide to look back to where the previous meeting of the two teams was held, before 2003 :confused: Does a team have to play 'away' once in the year? I'm not too good with the Fed Cup rules! :rolleyes: ;) Anyway, if it's a France/USA final I would be very happy if this was the rule! ;) :lol:

It would be great for me if they decided it could be in France :cool: (IF both teams, I hope, make it to the final! :p ) I'm in France on holiday the previous week, so was thinking that I could go to the Fed Cup final on my way home.... :p (Yes, all very wishful thinking on my part I know :rolleyes: ;) , but I like to make my tennis plans in advance!! And especially not to miss any opportunity to go to a tournament! :lol: )

goldenlox
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Russia went to France to play the 2005 final. So Russia-France should be in Russia this year.

moon
Apr 24th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Russia went to France to play the 2005 final. So Russia-France should be in Russia this year.

IF it's Russia-France. It might be USA-France :p

btw--maybe it's me. but it seems like they have a lot of ties in Russia.

goldenlox
Apr 24th, 2007, 11:08 PM
That's because Russia does well in Fed Cup. They always have a strong team.
They played in France, in Belgium, now US.

ewbangkok
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:10 AM
USA should meet Russia in Final??!!!?!

goldenlox
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:13 AM
No. France plays Italy in a SF, and Russia plays US.
Italy won in 2006, Russia in 2005 & 2004, and France in 2003.
The last time the US won, Monica was on the team in 2000.

FrenchY52
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:26 AM
USA so we won't have a final in Russia !

darrinbaker00
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Personally, I hope the USA-Russia tie is held in Stowe, VT. Then we'll see which players on both sides are serious about Fed Cup, and who was just fulfilling the Olympics requirement.

selyoink
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Russia will win. I doubt the US will get both Serena and Venus again especially if one or both goes deep at Wimbledon.

Sexysova
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:06 AM
I think USA!!! if both Williams will be right ;)

veesbest
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:20 AM
usa if the williams sisters participate

Direwolf
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Russia will win. I doubt the US will get both Serena and Venus again especially if one or both goes deep at Wimbledon.

:o
in 05...
Venus Williams won Wimbledon on Grass...
played fedcup the following week on Clay
then played stanford a week later on HardCourt...
:confused:

this year
Venus played Miami-AI-Charleston
back-to-back-to-back
:tape:

Venus can win with Raymond if its on hard...

Direwolf
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:48 AM
it would be cool
if they played in Hawaii with
the sea volcanoes erupting inthe background

goldenlox
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I hope they play in Hawaii. I want to see pics of the Russian girls on the beach

ys
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I hope they play in Hawaii. I want to see pics of the Russian girls on the beach

I hope it is in Stowe.. It's my favourite place in Eastern United States.. Surely will take few days off if it is there..:)