PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Williamses but honestly...

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:55 AM
it's not like Flipkens and Maes had a chance to begin with. Some people here reacted as if the result was unexpected or something :confused:
I mean come on, Maes is outside the Top 200 guys!!
And many of you said Serena played unbelievable, I didnt think so... she played good enough to win it IMO - she probably would have played much better against a stronger opponent!
Anyway my point is... this QF is really boring unless you're american (or belgian!) or a WS fan i guess? (not even sure) But they all acted like it was a final or something! (I watched the TTC)

MikeJones
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:56 AM
it's not like Flipkens and Maes had a chance to begin with. Some people here reacted as if the result was unexpected or something :confused:
And many of you said Serena played unbelievable, I didnt think so... she played good enough to win it IMO - she probably would have played much better against a stronger opponent!
Anyway my point is... this QF is really boring unless you're american (or belgian!) or a WS fan i guess? (not even sure) But they all acted like it was a final or something! (I watched the TTC)

Its a team event, let thme be happy. :cool:

Thkmra
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:45 AM
Boo to you!!!! A win is a win, so stop trying to lessen their victories, you hater:devil:

Prep_boii
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:49 AM
exactly, they knew they would win, but regardless this is the closest thing to "team sports" tennis has...plus its for there country, so ya....it IS a kinda big deal.

Zweli
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:24 AM
SHUT -UP,it is not Venus or Serena who chose the Belgian Team.Do you mind?:devil:

harloo
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:28 AM
I just find it odd you didn't go after all the other top players who won gimme matches, but that's typical of a Williams hater. Carry on buddy!:o

HippityHop
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:32 AM
No matter what Venus or Serena accomplish, some folks simply will always try to downplay it.

When Serena won AO there were those who tried to find excuses as to why she beat the "better" players. Since rankings mean so much, Serena should not have stood a chance at either AO or Miami. :devil:

I'm sure that had they chosen not to play, some would have gone on and on about that too.

mykarma
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:36 AM
No matter what Venus or Serena accomplish, some folks simply will always try to downplay it.

When Serena won AO there were those who tried to find excuses as to why she beat the "better" players. Since rankings mean so much, Serena should not have stood a chance at either AO or Miami. :devil:

I'm sure that had they chosen not to play, some would have gone on and on about that too.
I think you have a point. :worship:

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:32 AM
Boo to you!!!! A win is a win, so stop trying to lessen their victories, you hater:devil:

Where is the hate in what i said?? :rolleyes:

WonderfulLee
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:35 AM
i love that venus hair...

Willam
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:37 AM

It dosent mean that it makes a worthless win of the williamses, very inmature

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:39 AM
SHUT -UP,it is not Venus or Serena who chose the Belgian Team.Do you mind?:devil:

1) who are u to tell anyone here to shut up? Freedom of speech :confused:
2) your comment is completely irrelevant... of course Venus and Serena didnt choose the Belgian team, not my point at all...

Anyway, my post was nothing against the Williamses, but why am i even surprised to have all Williams fans on my back when as a non-fan i simply mention their name? :rolleyes:
My post was about that mediatic QF, when really there is nothing exceptional, except the fact that both sisters are playing.

StarDuvallGrant
You mean congrats to the US team...

Hachiko
I think some of the Williams fans on here just have a tendency to go over the top. It's got nothing to do with "downplaying" their victories at all, it's just not in the least bit suprising for the rest of us that they won.

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:42 AM
I just find it odd you didn't go after all the other top players who won gimme matches, but that's typical of a Williams hater. Carry on buddy!:o

What other top players won against top 300 players today? And what other top players was on tv?
you guys just love that "hater" word dont u... :rolleyes: Its so easy to simplify things, congrats!

Willam
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:44 AM
What other top players won against top 300 players today? And what other top players was on tv?
you guys just love that "hater" word dont u... :rolleyes: Its so easy to simplify things, congrats!

Oh cmon !!!!!!!!!!!!! you made a mistake with this thread, because it makes people think that you want to do worthless their victories, so try to figure out how to correct what cha said!

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:46 AM

Why cant you stick to JUST what I was saying??? I would never say such things, like Serena not deserving her AO win, or Miami or whatever...
AGAIN, this has nothing to do with the WS!
Serena accomplished huge things in her career, included this year... but i find it funny that u compare her AO or Miami win to her win over Maes, thats all!
Do any of u get my point or what?

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:48 AM
It dosent mean that it makes a worthless win of the williamses, very inmature

read again, i never said worthless, i just said not a big deal... Why immature please?

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:51 AM
I think some of the Williams fans on here just have a tendency to go over the top. It's got nothing to do with "downplaying" their victories at all, it's just not in the least bit suprising for the rest of us that they won.

:worship: Chevina, THANK YOU!!! I was re-reading my post for the 5th time looking for any sign of disrespect or something...
Finally somebody who gets my point, I love you LOL;)

Willam
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:54 AM
read again, i never said worthless, i just said not a big deal... Why immature please?

But why is not a big deal? THATS WHERE YOUR ARE SAYING THAT ITS LIKE A NON IMPORTANT win!

its like... Amelie won AO06 because Justine retired, whats the big deal?....

mykarma
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:56 AM
1) who are u to tell anyone here to shut up? Freedom of speech :confused:
2) your comment is completely irrelevant... of course Venus and Serena didnt choose the Belgian team, not my point at all...

Anyway, my post was nothing against the Williamses, but why am i even surprised to have all Williams fans on my back when as a non-fan i simply mention their name? :rolleyes:
My post was about that mediatic QF, when really there is nothing exceptional, except the fact that both sisters are playing.
:eek:

Experimentee
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:56 AM
Its not like they could choose the Belgian team :rolleyes:
I'm sure they would have preferred to play Henin or Clijsters if those players could be bothered to play. At least they were making an effort to ensure their country had the best team.

Experimentee
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:57 AM

If it isnt a big deal, theres no need to make another thread about it, is there?

Willam
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:58 AM
If it isnt a big deal, theres no need to make another thread about it, is there?

YES!

theres NO need to make this thread if its not a big deal, youre criticizen everyone for celebrating their victory!!!

Im right experimentee?

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:59 AM
Oh cmon !!!!!!!!!!!!! you made a mistake with this thread, because it makes people think that you want to do worthless their victories, so try to figure out how to correct what cha said!

Its not my problem if some people dont know how to read, and jump on any occasion to be aggressive and call u a hater.
Ive been here for a while now, and its always the same... You just cant discuss here - people (kids?) will simplify what you're saying and call you names. It's really sad - and to use a word somebody called me earlier, immature.

Willam
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:02 AM
Its not my problem if some people dont know how to read, and jump on any occasion to be aggressive and call u a hater.
Ive been here for a while now, and its always the same... You just cant discuss here - people (kids?) will simplify what you're saying and call you names. It's really sad - and to use a word somebody called me earlier, immature.

That was me! And i consider you Immature for making a thread to critize the people who is celebrating the Williamses victories because you consider its not a big deal.

its my opion sorry

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:05 AM

Far be it for me to take your persecution complex away, but here you are jumping and being aggressive yourself. How nice to set yourself apart.

Hachiko
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:11 AM
:worship: Chevina, THANK YOU!!! I was re-reading my post for the 5th time looking for any sign of disrespect or something...
Finally somebody who gets my point, I love you LOL;)

That's fine :yeah: I completely understand the point you made. It's pretty evident to me at least that you're not trying to take their victories away, it just put things into perspective. It wasn't some kind of harsh, uncalled for attack on the Williamses and their fans. I should think a lot of other people would agree with this.

cellophane
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:13 AM
:lol: floco

I see the rotten tomatoes have been brought out. :tape:

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:15 AM
That was me! And i consider you Immature for making a thread to critize the people who is celebrating the Williamses victories because you consider its not a big deal.

its my opion sorry

Dont be sorry, everyone is entitled to an opinion!
I'll just explain my point one last time in case it was misunderstood. What I meant is that first it's only a QF, and there was just no way this Belgian team was gonna win over the US team (with the WS). You can celebrate though...
But isnt it a routine round more than an accomplisment or something??

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:18 AM
Far be it for me to take your persecution complex away, but here you are jumping and being aggressive yourself. How nice to set yourself apart.

where was i aggressive?? kids? yes, that kind of behavior (not being able to read a post, jump to conclusion, and call u a hater) makes me wonder how old some posters are. Genuine question, no aggressivity.

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:20 AM
:lol: floco

I see the rotten tomatoes have been brought out. :tape:

LOL tell me about it
why am i even still posting... :help:

cellophane
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:21 AM
LOL tell me about it

Oh, like me, you are hoping that some day in the future... :tape: Yeah, I don't know why I'm posting here either. :o

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:22 AM
where was i aggressive?? kids? yes, that kind of behavior (not being able to read a post, jump to conclusion, and call u a hater) makes me wonder how old some posters are. Genuine question, no aggressivity.

It's fine you feel it's okay for you to call others names, but it only makes you a hypocrite with that type of behavior.

Willam
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:25 AM
I'll just explain my point one last time in case it was misunderstood. What I meant is that first it's only a QF, and there was just no way this Belgian team was gonna win over the US team (with the WS). You can celebrate though...

Ok, i get it

now ill explain my point. i think that youre saying to people that theres no reson for celebrating, that the win was an easy win, a expected win!

A win is a win (excluding W.O :lol:) so they can celebrate all they want, its a victory. you always celebrate victories, always complain loses, but thats how always have been..

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:32 AM
Ok, i get it

now ill explain my point. i think that youre saying to people that theres no reson for celebrating, that the win was an easy win, a expected win!

A win is a win (excluding W.O :lol:) so they can celebrate all they want, its a victory. you always celebrate victories, always complain loses, but thats how always have been..

Hey!! I think we understood each other! And didnt call each other names, or? :wavey:
I agree, a win is a win, and of course u can celebrate... but i still think its not a big win! :p

Willam
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:35 AM
Hey!! I think we understood each other! And didnt call each other names, or? :wavey:
I agree, a win is a win, and of course u can celebrate... but i still think its not a big win! :p

i know!! its a not a big win!! but you have to understand that making this kind of threads piss off some people because they can misunderstood what you said, like what happened today. let them leave and celebrate, were all agre its not a big win, but ITS A WIN! :lol:

PS: Check out my Blog, the link its in my signature

vettipooh
Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:27 AM

Hope we can celebrate even more today!:devil: :lol: :bounce: :worship: :wavey:

ico4498
Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:29 AM
why am i even surprised to have all Williams fans on my back

don't be a drama queen. you're not worthy of "all Williams fans" attention. don't be angry if a few of us say hi :wavey:.

fans celebrate in their own manner, silly to critique a few and think its all. i agree with yah though, USA v Belgium is a snoozefest.

améliemomo
Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
I was watching some points of the serena match and yes it was boring,I was thinking poor girl,your country has the chance to have 2 top10,among them the actual n°1 and they chose you to be the victim of serena.
And the comments of this match were just "too much".
Come on, thats true, Mae had no chance so why doing like it was a real opposition??:rolleyes:

Zweli
Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:59 AM

It doesn't matter how old u've been on this board,that does not give you the lisence to attack the Williamses uneccesary,and expect the Williams fans to tap you on your back and say thank you.We've had enough of naysayers like you .Simply your thread was inmature and provocative in a way.You just got what you deserved MR OLD in the board but inmature enough to start a row.

hotandspicey
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
It doesn't matter how old u've been on this board,that does not give you the lisence to attack the Williamses uneccesary,and expect the Williams fans to tap you on your back and say thank you.We've had enough of naysayers like you .Simply your thread was inmature and provocative in a way.You just got what you deserved MR OLD in the board but inmature enough to start a row.

;) :D

Mileen
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:23 PM

Yes, me neither. And I haven't seen anyone expecting Belgium to win. What's your problem, (thread starter)? By the way and for your knowlegde, Kirsten Flipper is a very good and tallented player (she is a Justine type of player, I said: type), but the reason she isn't ranked any higher, is because there are many other factors needed to reach the top, like physical health and strength (I mean in an extreme way, more so than we need to live our lives), motivation to practice and professional selfconfidence (although the latter gets build up by playing well), all of which Flipper lacks. She has not been motivated to practice for a few years, but has promised her coach to pick that up now.
I don't see the need to start this thread and bagatalize this meeting. Undermine the whole fed cup then. It comes as it comes, and this time Kim and Justine aren't playing, so what's your point? You would have preferred Justine and Kim to play and beat Serena and Venus? :lol: At least we would have had exciting matches, I agree with you on that.

Mileen
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:27 PM
don't be a drama queen. you're not worthy of "all Williams fans" attention. don't be angry if a few of us say hi :wavey:.

fans celebrate in their own manner, silly to critique a few and think its all. i agree with yah though, USA v Belgium is a snoozefest.

:wavey: back

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM

OK OK, let me take the "all" back... :wavey: I was a bit upset by all these posts at first.

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:34 PM
I was watching some points of the serena match and yes it was boring,I was thinking poor girl,your country has the chance to have 2 top10,among them the actual n°1 and they chose you to be the victim of serena.
And the comments of this match were just "too much".
Come on, thats true, Mae had no chance so why doing like it was a real opposition??:rolleyes:

Exactly my point. On TTC, they were like, next is Serena against Maes of Belgium, who's a good doubles player, it can be a tricky match bla bla bla! Come on! :lol:
I felt bad for Flipkens and Maes too.. really a shame Clijsters or Henin chose not to play (are they even injured??)

Olórin
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:36 PM

Because you like to stir:rolleyes:

Sugar_Kane
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Floco you have made the biggest mistake of wtaworld. You must learn that one is never allowed to mention the Williams sisters unless you are a Williams sister fan (which must be approved by their fan clan), or if you are butt licking them. In any other circumstance you are leaving yourself open to much abuse and bad repping, no matter how harmless your comments are.:rolleyes:

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:40 PM

Im gonna answer that but it will be the last time I'm talking with you since clearly you dont wanna understand what I was trying to say here. I think I said it at least 5 times now, and again, re-read my thread / my posts... i never "attacked" the Williamses in any way. If you feel like i did, you have a big problem my dear.
Now interpret all you want, and feel attacked if you want, I DONT GIVE A :tape: ! BYE

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
Floco you have made the biggest mistake of wtaworld. You must learn that one is never allowed to mention the Williams sisters unless you are a Williams sister fan (which must be approved by their fan clan), or if you are butt licking them. In any other circumstance you are leaving yourself open to much abuse and bad repping, no matter how harmless your comments are.:rolleyes:

I know and I've come to experience that quite a few times now. The funny that I root for them in some matches, and they call me a hater.
Now it makes me so mad, you have no idea. The worst thing is nothing can be done about it. Oh well, I'll just stop mentioning their names I guess... :rolleyes:

Sugar_Kane
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
I know and I've come to experience that quite a few times now. The funny that I root for them in some matches, and they call me a hater.
Now it makes me so mad, you have no idea. The worst thing is nothing can be done about it. Oh well, I'll just stop mentioning their names I guess... :rolleyes:

It is sad because this is meant to be an objective women's tennis board, and I do understand that players are needlessly attacked by posters but it's got to the point where we can't objectively talk about the William's sisters anymore because you'll get labelled a hater. People need to remember that this is General Messages not the William's sisters fan's forums. :o

I would like to say though that there are some great fans of the Sisters but it seems the more sensitive ones are also the most vocal ones.

Mileen
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Exactly my point. On TTC, they were like, next is Serena against Maes of Belgium, who's a good doubles player, it can be a tricky match bla bla bla! Come on! :lol:
I felt bad for Flipkens and Maes too.. really a shame Clijsters or Henin chose not to play (are they even injured??)

Totally agreed! And "tricky match"?? Kim has back injury, but that's not the reason she's not playing, since she declined to play the FC before her match against Na Li when she got injured. A shame they don't play, and not understandable if you ask me.

hacberto
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:13 PM
i love that venus hair...

I love her hair in your avatar :sad:

I miis the long hair, I can't hide it :sad: :sad: :sad:

:hysteric:

schorsch
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:22 PM

lol

well i dont like the Tennis Channel commentators all too much. British Eurosport has got the best ones.

Slutiana
Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM

i understand what your saying aswell but i think people are just happy to see both williamses playing not only for their country but at the same time...they both promised to try and play a full schedule when they aren't injured and i guess us williams' fans are just happy to see them back on court again and for serena, playing exceptionally and venus, starting to find her form and look like she could be a contender for RG..i guess its just exicting times for williams' fans right now and they/we want to celebrate..do u get me?

Asaph
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:07 PM
Excuse me but the point of this thread was to dismiss as inconsequential this fed cup tie. Vania king won the final match for the tie win not the williams. This was a fun tie to watch which I did live. I enjoyed every minute of it and the other people in the stands who paid to see it did as well. By the way, freedom of speech does not mean freddom from any one disagreeing with you. you stated your position and the others have disagreed. That is freedom of speech. freedom to agree or disagree. williams fans have every right to support them. just as you have every right to support mauresmo. trying to make williams fans seem as unreasonable for supporting their favs will not work. others have tried worse but they still support them.

THIS WAS A GREAT TIE. VENUS , SERENA, VANIA ARE ALL TO BE COMMENDED FOR AN ENTERTAINING TIE. yes, I do mean to shout.

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:27 PM
i understand what your saying aswell but i think people are just happy to see both williamses playing not only for their country but at the same time...they both promised to try and play a full schedule when they aren't injured and i guess us williams' fans are just happy to see them back on court again and for serena, playing exceptionally and venus, starting to find her form and look like she could be a contender for RG..i guess its just exicting times for williams' fans right now and they/we want to celebrate..do u get me?

I completely understand that - and even as a non-fan, I think it's a great thing that they're finally both back at the same time and at a good level.

Orion
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
It's Fed Cup. People go crazy about it.

floco
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Excuse me but the point of this thread was to dismiss as inconsequential this fed cup tie. Vania king won the final match for the tie win not the williams. This was a fun tie to watch which I did live. I enjoyed every minute of it and the other people in the stands who paid to see it did as well. By the way, freedom of speech does not mean freddom from any one disagreeing with you. you stated your position and the others have disagreed. That is freedom of speech. freedom to agree or disagree. williams fans have every right to support them. just as you have every right to support mauresmo. trying to make williams fans seem as unreasonable for supporting their favs will not work. others have tried worse but they still support them.

THIS WAS A GREAT TIE. VENUS , SERENA, VANIA ARE ALL TO BE COMMENDED FOR AN ENTERTAINING TIE. yes, I do mean to shout.

First, let me agree with you. King/Flipkens was a very entertaining match - and obviously it was a big deal for Vania. Congrats to her!!! She really handled the pressure well (I thought Flipkens had a chance against her), and made this QF round a bit more fun to watch(to me!).
About freedom of speech, of course it's also freedom of disagreeing with me, and I have absolutely no problem with that. Isnt it what this board is for. But I have a problem when I'm aggressively and abusively called a hater or other names. To use your own words, this is to me unreasonable.

mykarma
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
OK OK, let me take the "all" back... :wavey: I was a bit upset by all these posts at first.
Thanks for retracting the all statement and the rest of my post is not specifically to you. We Williams fans here that all shit every time any of us try and defend the sisters against a statement or post we disagree with. If someone doesn't like something a Williams sister fans says to them, have the balls to challenge that particular person.

mykarma
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:28 PM
First, let me agree with you. King/Flipkens was a very entertaining match - and obviously it was a big deal for Vania. Congrats to her!!! She really handled the pressure well (I thought Flipkens had a chance against her), and made this QF round a bit more fun to watch(to me!).
About freedom of speech, of course it's also freedom of disagreeing with me, and I have absolutely no problem with that. Isnt it what this board is for. But I have a problem when I'm aggressively and abusively called a hater or other names. To use your own words, this is to me unreasonable.
Then you should have challenged that particular individual.

Paneru
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
Well, who told you to watch? :lol:

All the Fed Cup threads made by
various posters, yet this one about
WS has to be the snipey one!

Surprise! :haha:

Zweli
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:55 AM
Im gonna answer that but it will be the last time I'm talking with you since clearly you dont wanna understand what I was trying to say here. I think I said it at least 5 times now, and again, re-read my thread / my posts... i never "attacked" the Williamses in any way. If you feel like i did, you have a big problem my dear.
Now interpret all you want, and feel attacked if you want, I DONT GIVE A :tape: ! BYE

:mad: ,:cuckoo: