PDA

View Full Version : S. Peer def. S. Dubois 6-4 6-4 (Isarel 1 Canada 0)

itzhak
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:23 PM
good start for Israel. It was tough match but Shahar was calm in closing the sets....

gocanadago
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM
Still a good fight from Steph :)

.Andrew.
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM
Shahar :D

Steph :eek: Good effort :)

d_s
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM
Not that bad of a loss for Steph.
It's good that she's getting more experience against top players.

itzhak
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:16 PM
from what we hear, it is more than half empty in Kamloops, stupid idea to play there with no crowd at all...

FLL
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:19 PM
from what we hear, it is more than half empty in Kamloops, stupid idea to play there with no crowd at all...

:fiery: I'm pissed to hear that...

4 girls from Quebec on the team and they choose to play in BC :yeah::rolleyes::weirdo: If it would've been played in Montreal or Quebec City, I can assure you the stadium wouldn't be more then half empty!

gocanadago
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:21 PM

It should have been held in the province of Quebec but Tennis Canada for multiple stupids reasons decided it wouldn't be here.

Monica_Rules
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:33 PM
Go isreal:)

Bremen
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:34 PM
Kamloops? They should have had it in Calgary, where we had davis cup and the crowds were really into it.

drory
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM
shahar said that she was nurvers and tight thats why it was so close, and steph was playing up her level and the crowed helped her

matthieu_tennis
Apr 22nd, 2007, 12:01 AM
In B.C, i'm sure it was a small crowd ;)

Bremen
Apr 22nd, 2007, 12:11 AM
Well at least Steph made it a respectable score...hopefully Al will do even better.

Or Levy
Apr 22nd, 2007, 12:23 AM
Well, the Canadian desire to escape the Israeli/Jewish communities of the big cities seemed to have backfired big time, LOL.

Probably a good thing, though, for us. I think Shahar was nervous enough as it is without a partisan crowd OR feeling the pressure from too many Israeli fans.

doris_hdz
Apr 22nd, 2007, 12:46 AM
Congrats Shahar!!

Prep_boii
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:31 AM
Well, the Canadian desire to escape the Israeli/Jewish communities of the big cities seemed to have backfired big time, LOL.

Probably a good thing, though, for us. I think Shahar was nervous enough as it is without a partisan crowd OR feeling the pressure from too many Israeli fans.

wow dont even go there.

im sure theres jewish people in kamloops too.

so fuck off.:wavey:

shirgan
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:41 AM

a smiling wave and a "fuck off" - good combination :lol:

Prep_boii
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:46 AM
a smiling wave and a "fuck off" - good combination :lol:

welli didnt want to be too rude.

i was just miffed at his generilizating that tennis canada was placing this based on "jewish numbers" making it a racial thing...which is bullshit.

not to mention that there are jewish people ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY...INCLUDING kamloops.

thanks alot...this guy is an idiot. clearly.

:wavey: :worship:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:44 AM
Sadly, it isn't such bullshit. It was one of the principal reasons why tennis canada made it there. They are scared that in bigger cities, the home advantage will be *lost* by the israeli community who could fill the crowds.

Willam
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:01 AM
Go SHAHAR way to go girl

Or Levy
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:35 AM
wow dont even go there.

im sure theres jewish people in kamloops too.

It's not an accusation, for heaven sake. I'm not taking it seriously/badly or whatever, I don't think it has nothing to do with it being a racial thing, it has to do with the canadians wanting to keep the edge of the Fed cup being in Canada. Fair enough, just like playing on carpet, which Shahar doesn't like.

BTW, if not it - why DID they choose Kamloops? It's way harder to reach than a big city. If I'm getting it wrong, do explain.

shirgan
Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:14 AM
It's not an accusation, for heaven sake. I'm not taking it seriously/badly or whatever, I don't think it has nothing to do with it being a racial thing, it has to do with the canadians wanting to keep the edge of the Fed cup being in Canada. Fair enough, just like playing on carpet, which Shahar doesn't like.

BTW, if not it - why DID they choose Kamloops? It's way harder to reach than a big city. If I'm getting it wrong, do explain.
I don't know anything about Canadian geography but I saw this in one of the articles about the upcoming fed cup tie that could perhaps provide an alternate explanation:

" It's a shame Montreal wasn't chosen to host the tie, especially given the makeup of the team. It would have ensured a rabid home-field advantage they won't come close to matching at Kamloops's brand-new, $22-million Fieldhouse.

But Tennis Canada is committed to spreading events across the country to increase exposure. And with Montreal already hosting the Rogers Cup and Quebec City the popular Bell Challenge, it chose a location as far from home as could be. "

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/columnists/story.html?id=22cac6e8-1e94-41a8-83e6-acd396d8dde1

stevos
Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:16 AM
Good scoreline Steph. :D

Mark Spruce
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_3556_gallery.JPG

Mark Spruce
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_3555_gallery.JPG

Mark Spruce
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_3558_gallery.JPG