PDA

View Full Version : New Tori Amos- American Doll Posse

Pheobo
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:57 PM
I think it's amazing. Has anyone else had the chance to listen to it yet? My favorite songs on it so far are Digital Ghost, Bouncing Off Clouds, Secret Spell and Code Red.

zut16
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:34 AM
I've been restraining myself so I've heard very few songs but I love Bouncing off Clouds. It's so catchy but I think her pronunciation's getting worse.. :help:

Can't wait to get the album though! :worship:

Pheobo
Apr 22nd, 2007, 07:01 AM
It's always been pretty bad. I had to learn to get past of that, so it took me a while to warm up to Tori's music.

I looked at your signature and it reminded me that PJ Harvey is coming out with a new one this year (I think it's this year) as well.

+ the new smashing pumpkins and Courtney Love. exciting year in music.

fnuf7
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
I adore it! :yeah: Seriously I can't find a bad song on the album (there are of course songs that haven't grabbed as much as others but they are all good songs in my opinion ;) ) My favs at the moment are (and it'll be a long list :lol: )

Girl Disappearing
Roosterspur Bridge
Father's Son
Digital Ghost
Code Red
Smokey Joe
Secret Spell
Beauty of Speed
Big Wheel
Body & Soul
Bouncing Off Clouds
Teenage Hustling

And I loooove all the fun little interludes & "silly" songs like Mr Bad Man & Programmable Soda :yeah:

:inlove: this album

Randriantastic!
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:24 AM
I'm currently listening to it! I loved Big Wheel, so I thought I would have a listen to the rest of the album. I like it so far, and I'm not normally a big Tori fan. :)

mapaliey
Apr 23rd, 2007, 01:17 AM
i can't wait.........

AbeD
May 4th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I've only listened to it once through but it's safe to say it's infinitely better than The Beekeeper.

It's a bit of an eclectic hotchpot ranging from strange ditties (Velvet Revolution, Devils and Gods, Fat Slut) to sombre pieces (Girl Disappearing, Father's Son, Smokey Joe) to bluesy-rock (Big Wheel, You Can Bring Your Dog) to pop-rock (Bouncing Off Clouds, Secret Spell)...

My favourite track has to be Girl Disappearing - a true tori classic.

northern lad
May 4th, 2007, 01:47 AM
I looked at your signature and it reminded me that PJ Harvey is coming out with a new one this year (I think it's this year) as well.

say WHAT!??!@^!@#2o51#ILOVEPJOMGZ

and yes, american doll posse is completely amazing. i'm so glad she still has an edge. the beekeeper scared me.

Pheobo
May 6th, 2007, 02:19 AM
say WHAT!??!@^!@#2o51#ILOVEPJOMGZ

and yes, american doll posse is completely amazing. i'm so glad she still has an edge. the beekeeper scared me.

everyone told me to not listen to the beekeeper because it's incredibly off-putting, so i didn't. american doll posse is, in my opinion, tori's best.

and yeah, i'm really excited about pj. she said she wrote her new stuff almost entirely on the piano so i really want to hear how it comes out.

northern lad
May 6th, 2007, 03:46 AM
everyone told me to not listen to the beekeeper because it's incredibly off-putting, so i didn't. american doll posse is, in my opinion, tori's best.

and yeah, i'm really excited about pj. she said she wrote her new stuff almost entirely on the piano so i really want to hear how it comes out.

the beekeeper is just so... soft. and not in the good way. there are some good tracks, but overall... meh.