PDA

View Full Version : Sybille BAMMER def Alicia MOLIK 75 64... Austria leads 2-0 over Australia!

.Andrew.
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:15 PM
Great stuff, BamBam!1 :bounce: :banana:

Alicia :sad: :hug:

Good effort by Alicia. Sybille was too tough.

ViennaCalling
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:17 PM
Sybille played crap in the first set - but Alicia played really well! :yeah:

Austria :woohoo:

narrisch
Sybille :bounce:
Alicia :hug:
Austria :woohoo:

Alicia Rocks
Very pleasant match to watch :)

Great fight by both ladies :D

Alicia played well just couldn't win the big points :hug:

Groenefelder25
alicia :hug:

sybille :D

Xian
well done Sybille:kiss: Dont know why they put Molik to play anyway :confused:

ViennaCalling
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:18 PM

She played well (Stosur :help:)

Wedgie619
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:18 PM
IM disappointed in sam and extremely proud of alicia.... if sam can come back hard tomorrow and somehow beat bammer.... i think australia will win hands down (with the way alicia played and australias double ability)

so it all rests on sam

azza
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:19 PM

Coz retard Pratt wud get her ass kicked by Bammer Alicia played very very good today

ViennaCalling
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:19 PM
IM disappointed in sam and extremely proud of alicia.... if sam can come back hard tomorrow and somehow beat bammer.... i think australia will win hands down (with the way alicia played and australias double ability)

so it all rests on sam

You forgot Tamira .... i think she can beat Alicia :p ;)

.Andrew.
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:20 PM

:lol:

Exactly... With the way Tamira played against Stosur I think she can beat Alicia too :p

Wedgie619
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:21 PM

From what i have been told.... sam played extremely bad... however Tamira would have had to play better then sam so who know... but i believe alicia will win

azza
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:23 PM

so it all rests on sam

Sorry hun but with complete honesty i think the aussies will go down 0-5 Yes everyone Australia WILL lose the doubles whats new...

Hellion
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:23 PM
expected this outcome ..

Frode
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Is this shown on Austrian TV? If so what channel?

ViennaCalling
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:29 PM
ORF 1 and ORF Sport Plus (TW 1)

Frode
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:42 PM
ORF 1 and ORF Sport Plus (TW 1)

Thanks. Looks like I only got ORF 2:mad:

Mark Spruce
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070421/capt.vie14404211439.austria_tennis_fed_cup_vie144. jpg

Mattographer
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:00 PM
I really enjoyed watch the match on TV :)

Well done, Sybille! :D Good effort, Alicia :)

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Yey Bam Bam!!!

Mark Spruce
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/4d/fullj.getty-tennis-austria-australia_11_10_42_am.jpg

Mark Spruce
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:16 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ab/fullj.getty-tennis-austria-australia_11_12_11_am.jpg

~Carsten~
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:17 PM
well I saw the 1st Set. :rolleyes: both played not so good ;)
but Sybille was the better at the end!
Congrats!

Vut
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:22 PM
:yeah:

Natalicious
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:46 PM
austria :woohoo:

great start :yeah:

tamira played extremely well :worship:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 21st, 2007, 04:06 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/4d/fullj.getty-tennis-austria-australia_11_10_42_am.jpg

Alicia still needs to lose weight.

It's a bit annoying at this time because to me she's one of the few women that stands up to the pressure of her country well.

I hope she's in good fitness by the summer hard court season.
She'll have a chance to really get under player's skin then.

ViennaCalling
Apr 21st, 2007, 06:54 PM
austria :woohoo:

great start :yeah:

tamira played extremely well :worship:

I love your avy :hearts:

Nicolás89
Apr 21st, 2007, 06:59 PM
sybille :yeah:

miss_molik
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:30 PM
Alicia should have won that first set, she worked for it. But then Sybille just found her rhythm and Alicia was gone. :sad:

Monica_Rules
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:34 PM
Knew Austrai had this one in the bag.

mm1147
Apr 22nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
bammer is really playing well:)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:36 AM
Alicia played really well i think she is getting back to form!!!! If sam can win her singles then i think Alicia could beat Tamira!!! And then it would go down to the doubles!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:10 AM
:worship: :kiss: Congrats to Bam Bam and yes... Alicia should be proud of her play today :bounce: I think sif she can get herself into better shape by the summer hardcourts then she will be a strong factor this summer:bounce: The more she plays then the more she will slowly get into stronger shape...IMO :bounce:

Njay16
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:46 AM
Tomorrow will be tough, Stosur vs Bammer Molik vs Paszek

Although Stosur is the number one aussie, I think Nicole should be in. She has played the best and most consistent out of all the aussies this year. Sam has a good chance as she leads the head to head with Bammer 2-0. Their last meeting was in 2006 on the green clay in Amelia Island which she won 6-3 6-1. However Bammer is a completely different player this year and is in form. Molik has never beaten Paszek and clay is not the surface I think she can do it on. This is where I would substitute Nicole for Alicia. If it gets to the doubles, Australia will win for sure. I think Stosur and Stubbs should be the doubles team. I was shocked when I saw they weren't the doubles team for the tie. The aussies have a lot of heart and the Austrians have the pressure..so anything could happen tomorrow.

Go Aussies!!! :bounce:

So Disrespectful
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:49 AM
9 games? :eek: Alicia's been playing so crap these past few weeks, I didn't expect such a fight :yeah:

aussie_fan
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:52 AM
Expected but disappointing result, alicia had her chances in the first set

Well done Bammer

Harvs
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:52 AM
Tomorrow will be tough, Stosur vs Bammer Molik vs Paszek

Although Stosur is the number one aussie, I think Nicole should be in. She has played the best and most consistent out of all the aussies this year. Sam has a good chance as she leads the head to head with Bammer 2-0. Their last meeting was in 2006 on the green clay in Amelia Island which she won 6-3 6-1. However Bammer is a completely different player this year and is in form. Molik has never beaten Paszek and clay is not the surface I think she can do it on. This is where I would substitute Nicole for Alicia. If it gets to the doubles, Australia will win for sure. I think Stosur and Stubbs should be the doubles team. I was shocked when I saw they weren't the doubles team for the tie. The aussies have a lot of heart and the Austrians have the pressure..so anything could happen tomorrow.

Go Aussies!!! :bounce:

Wrong. Just look at the race rankings.Stosur is 25th, Molik is 33rd and Pratt is 39th. So Stosur and Molik have had better year SO FAR.

Josh.
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
little bit of a choke there alicia but i was very impressed at her paitents and willingness to stay in rallies, unlike sam :help:

Njay16
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:09 AM
Wrong. Just look at the race rankings.Stosur is 25th, Molik is 33rd and Pratt is 39th. So Stosur and Molik have had better year SO FAR.

Just because rankings are higher doesn't mean anything. Look at Serena. She is playing the best tennis ont he tour and isn't number 1. Sam has been to two quarterfinals this year, Alicia has been to one, and Nicole has been to one also. But OVERALL Nicole has just been a better player in my view.

Harvs
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Just because rankings are higher doesn't mean anything. Look at Serena. She is playing the best tennis ont he tour and isn't number 1. Sam has been to two quarterfinals this year, Alicia has been to one, and Nicole has been to one also. But OVERALL Nicole has just been a better player in my view.

but serena IS number 1 on the race (rankings of the year so far!)... and thats what i mean!!