PDA

View Full Version : This is one of the WORST things i've ever seen

skanky~skanketta
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:52 AM
in my life!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jv_S1SPIXME

i coudn't watch more than 40 seconds before turning it off. Just vile and heartbreaking.

A Magicman
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
How do you think your burgers grow?

http://www.themeatrix1.com/

Yasmine
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:02 AM
:tape: I should have refrained from watching it :sobbing:
10 seconds were long enough...

gentenaire
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:27 AM
I saw the title above the video and decided not to watch it.

gentenaire
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM

They don't beat cows to death. Over here, animals are always sedated. Big difference.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:38 AM

http://www.themeatrix1.com/
i've been a vegetarian for a while now, thankfully.

A Magicman
Apr 21st, 2007, 12:25 PM
They don't beat cows to death. Over here, animals are always sedated. Big difference.

Really great to be sedated after a life in the dark standing on iron cleavages in your own shit.

I'm a vegetarian, too, by the way. And I DO think it's horrible what happens there in China or wherever this video is from.

But we do not treat our farm animals very differently. We just don't see that.

LDF
Apr 21st, 2007, 01:28 PM
:sad:

I just had to switch it off after about 2 minutes when it showed one still alive, lying helplessly on the ground, and then hacked at with a knife - awful :sad:

gentenaire
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:09 PM

We do. And I do see it. I grew up in the country. I've visited enough farms.

Erika_Angel
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:12 PM
I apologize but I couldn't even start the video. Once I saw the title and what it was about I just closed it. I don't even want to think about the cruelty that is in that video, I would start bawling my eyes out if I had to watch it. I don't wear fur or eat meat for this exact reason.

Viktymise
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:25 PM
:o sickening

*abby*
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:30 PM
i was about 2 seconds away from throwing up!
how do they sleep at night

azza
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Are Minks like dogs?!?!

Martian KC
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Thank God I decided to read the thread before clicking the link.

tennisboi
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:24 PM
How awful this shit just ain't right

.Andrew.
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:47 PM
I can't see it because I'm not 18 yet.

I'm guessing I'm lucky I didn't see it due to the reactions on the thread.

Shonami Slam
Apr 21st, 2007, 07:13 PM
loss of words every time i see these vids.

ico4498
Apr 21st, 2007, 07:22 PM
thats some cruel shit. whatever your position on the fur trade, just chilling.

NyCPsU
Apr 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
that was one of the worst things ive ever seen :sad:

alfonsojose
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:16 PM
:tears:

UDACHi
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:19 AM
i got 28 seconds in. :(

iPatty
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
luckily, i read the thread.

i'm not so good with watching things die. :sad:

i'll just skip it.

Craigy
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
11 seconds.
:awww:

meggz_star
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:41 AM
One of the cruellest things I've ever seen :sad:

Marshmallow
Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:45 AM
What's it off? I can't see it - age restriction /not member thing.

Is it the one where the paws and feet are cut off, and then animal is swung and banged around like a dirty rug, and then the the camera closes up on the animal with a tear in it's eye?

Or is this better... as in worse...

meggz_star
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:28 AM
What's it off? I can't see it - age restriction /not member thing.

Is it the one where the paws and feet are cut off, and then animal is swung and banged around like a dirty rug, and then the the camera closes up on the animal with a tear in it's eye?

Or is this better... as in worse...

That's the video

Marshmallow
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:38 AM
That's the video

Ooooh... i saw it AGES ago. My housemate at the time, who was also into Necrophilia and prostitutes :speakles: showed it to us. He was unphased, i can't see why he had this video. [He's the kind of guy i could see doing a Virginia].

:lol: It was awful. At first i thought a man was cleaning his rugs, then i saw the end... and the close up of the teary animal. It was still alive!!

I think i've seen worse actually. Involving people, which was more emotive for me. And a friend told me that in some places, eggs producing chicken have their beaks removed, their leggs cut off, and are pegged into place - to deal with over crowding. And they are literally stacked on top of each other.

Marshmallow
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:41 AM
i was about 2 seconds away from throwing up!
how do they sleep at night

From my memory of the video, this was not a developed country. I assume they don't enjoy it at all, but they sleep easy knowing their children will be fed for the following days or months.

It's awful, but this is the only means of a job in some regions of the world. But to think, some snobbish stout bimbo will be wearing this animals skins... it is terrible.

Cage
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:42 AM
Oh My God

Cage
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:42 AM
Thats rong i wouldnt even post a link for that one :sad:

meggz_star
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:48 AM
Ooooh... i saw it AGES ago. My housemate at the time, who was also into Necrophilia and prostitutes :speakles: showed it to us. He was unphased, i can't see why he had this video. [He's the kind of guy i could see doing a Virginia].

:lol: It was awful. At first i thought a man was cleaning his rugs, then i saw the end... and the close up of the teary animal. It was still alive!!

I think i've seen worse actually. Involving people, which was more emotive for me. And a friend told me that in some places, eggs producing chicken have their beaks removed, their leggs cut off, and are pegged into place - to deal with over crowding. And they are literally stacked on top of each other.

Sounds like an interesting housemate :unsure:

I don't understand how someone can do that to a helpless animal. Especially with the stick :sad:

That sucks :(

drake3781
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:15 AM
I can't/won't watch it.

I have a pet ferret, my fifth one. And not eaten meat in many years.
However, I'm not the kind to preach what others should do. But information is essential and I'm glad this type of video exists.

Some comments were made earlier about this footage coming from an "uncivilized" country. I don't think fur-bearing animals are anesthitized in more civilized countries. Besides the terrible and unnatural lives these animals live on fur farms, here is how they are killed, in order not to damage their pelts.

Foxes are killed by anal electrocution--the insertion of a metal rod into the anus.
Some animals are killed in decompression chambers.
Minks and other animals have their necks broken.

RJWCapriati
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:41 AM
Just sickening.........:fiery:

Veritas
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:47 AM
What kind of animals were there? They looked a bit like racoons or minks, although I didn't think they'd be that big in size.

The worst bit was when the guy's dragging the animal out of the cage, and the animal's clinging on to the wires, obviously knowing what kind of ending it's in for. Why couldn't they at least killed these poor bastards quicker rather than whack their skulls over and over till they die (slowly) from a brain haemorrage? :(

I'll say this though: it's easy to condemn these "third world" people for such animal rights violations, but these practices weren't uncommon in the West before. You could only afford to worry about animal rights and such after you've built prosperous economies. And it's only after that, you didn't have to worry about basics such as food and shelter. As for these people, they don't have these luxuries, so notions of animal rights for them must come second to putting food on the table.

Basically, if there wasn't a market for fur, these people probably would've found other ways of putting food on the table. If you don't like to see cute furry animals die so grotesquely, then make sure your industries don't support them.

Marshmallow
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:20 AM
I can't/won't watch it.

However, I'm not the kind to preach what others should do. But information is essential and I'm glad this type of video exists.

Some comments were made earlier about this footage coming from an "uncivilized" country. I don't think fur-bearing animals are anesthitized in more civilized countries. Besides the terrible and unnatural lives these animals live on fur farms, here is how they are killed, in order not to damage their pelts.

Foxes are killed by anal electrocution--the insertion of a metal rod into the anus.

:speakles:

anal electrocution? Decompression chambers?

Anyway, just wanted to add a note about fox hunting, that is still going on in a civilised nation, people claiming it's their livelihood, to have foxes torn apart but hounds.

And one of the worst things i've ever seen is a dog being ripped apart and eaten raw by a group of men, who were claimed to be iraqi soldiers in a training video. Was broadcast on TV a year or so ago.

This last point is totally pointless, but while we're on animal cruelty...

Wiggly
Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:32 PM
I can't see it because I'm not 18 yet.

I'm guessing I'm lucky I didn't see it due to the reactions on the thread.

Changes your age.

Direwolf
Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
that vid might actually turn me into a herbivore....
cant they just kill the animal first...
i mean. rather than making it suffer...

BUBI
Apr 22nd, 2007, 07:08 PM

No big difference. Just hypocrisy...

canoe.
Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:46 PM
I wonder what type of person could skin a animal alive.
PETA should use the last 2 minutes of that footage in their ads instead of stupid trampy girls they use...whom most ppl ignore or laugh at anyway!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
That is horrible I must say.. there shosuld be some sort of embargo against that type of product...

And since people is putting times... I saw it for 1:15... horrible stuff...

gentenaire
Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:42 PM
PETA should use the last 2 minutes of that footage in their ads

No, they shouldn't. I find it rather strange that all those animal lovers somehow manage to watch that video till the end.

canoe.
Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
No, they shouldn't. Why? I find it rather strange that all those animal lovers somehow manage to watch that video till the end.Oh, I was eating an apple while watching it too. Some of us don't have such delicate sensibilities, and are not as squeamish as other animal lovers!! :)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
In Guatemala I have watched Chickens being strangled in the preparation to be cooked... Good point though...

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:02 PM
I coulndnt watch all of it....its a shame what they do to some of those animals in other countries..I saw another one of how they slaughtered dolphins too...but I cant complain because I eat the hamburgers and chicken faithfully and I know some of them come from some of those countries...I dont wear mink though...I thought minks were smaller than that.they are pretty big animals...I didnt watch all of it...too gruesome...also it makes me question about eating some korean and chineese food...aint no telling what you are swallowing cuz some of the shit they call chicken...or beef...dont taste or look like it....

Golovin&Jankovic
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Don't have an account for you tube, glad I don't from what I read from other poster, but I saw the meatrix.:eek:

Dominic
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:24 AM
This video is freaking traumatising to say the least. To do that to any being you have to be a horrible person seriously. Anyone who can do that is just plain sick and should not be kept in this world.

njnetswill
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:39 AM
I'm not going to be shamed into not eating meat. I realize that farm animals are not treated humanely at all, but you must fight fire with fire. Support open range and natural feed livestock farmers. If you want to hurt Coca Cola, you don't stop drinking soda, you buy Pepsi. ;)

morningglory
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:55 AM
Well, I guess I'm the only one not surprised... I mean has anyone seen a chicken get its head cut off while the rest of the body is trying to run away? Or a buffalo stabbed to death and they hack open the stomach and season the innards with their spices and consume the blood raw? Or toads from the rice fields all gathered up in a clay jar killed by two handfuls of salt to shrivel them up before cooking? Lizards getting speared... etc.
These are all part of survival in Northeastern Thailand. The villagers do just that... But then don't forget that these "cold-blooded killers" have 8 kids to feed at home and in the barren wilderness they had to make do with whatever food source they have...

If you ask me partial-birth abortions are a lot more sickening...

Tripp
Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:40 AM
God people, did you honestly think this didn't happen? You all know what burgers are made of, so deal with it.

Dunlop1
Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:56 AM
Some of what I may say may be controversial but hey, that's life.

Mink fur is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!:worship: Just to keep it real. I mean have you touched it???
(Chinchilla's pretty cool too, but it has a ghetto fab vibe to it.)

I also do not condemn ppl who wear them, but the animals should not have to be killed this way (if they have to be killed at all). I watched the entire video and I am not a sadist.

The truth of the matter is, people think differently from different regions. I have family who live in 3rd world regions and the way they see animals is very different from the normal way we in the west see animals.
Life is much tougher for people in these countries. Experiencing life there hardens you to a lot of things including human death.

I also think Veritas pointed out a very salient point that this used to go on in the west as well. Richer countries can afford to be appalled by this.
The dude sawing that mink is thinking that his well being and that of his kids is damn well more important than that of a mink. I can't say I disagree.
They don't have the tools to humanely collect the mink fur.

All that being said it is APPALLING, what those poor minks have to go through.

I will still eat meat without shame. I'm not a fur kinda person but I won't put down those who are.

stevos
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:16 AM
definitely didn't watch that, once i saw the title.

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:54 AM
I started watching the video, thinking that I would be able to make it all the way through...but I couldn't. It was just too much. I personally love animals far too much to watch this movie to completion, but I know that many people do not share my love of all things furry.

That being said, I try to look at movies like this as just another anthropology film depicting cultural practices that are lesser known/uncommon in my culture...and although I fully support the right for people to earn a living/provide for their families, I remain committed to not wearing fur.

MistyGrey
Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
OMG!:scared:

Johno_uk
Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Really great to be sedated after a life in the dark standing on iron cleavages in your own shit.

I'm a vegetarian, too, by the way. And I DO think it's horrible what happens there in China or wherever this video is from.

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

I LIVE ON A FARM!
Firstly our bullocks spend TWO-THIRDS of their life outdoors. Only in the winter, do we bring them in doors, so they don't destroy the grass! When they are in doors we give them clean bedding daily and regularly clean the whole shed. Plus the shed has plenty of natural daylight, it is not dark!

Is this cruel? why?
I don't know how you farm beef in Germany, but in the UK, the majority of beef is produced like this. Sure there are some bad farmers... there are some bad everything.

Please don't comment of farming if you are so ignorant of the facts.

Plus our lamb is produced 98% outdoors in green Devonshire pastures :)

Oh and if farm animals were treated like that, you would see it.

V-MAC
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:46 PM
I suggest watching the film/documentary "The Blood of the Beasts." Kind of in the same vein as this but it is from the 50's/60's. Really hard to watch but it is highly acclaimed :shrug:

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:53 AM
ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

I LIVE ON A FARM!
Firstly our bullocks spend TWO-THIRDS of their life outdoors. Only in the winter, do we bring them in doors, so they don't destroy the grass! When they are in doors we give them clean bedding daily and regularly clean the whole shed. Plus the shed has plenty of natural daylight, it is not dark!

Is this cruel? why?
I don't know how you farm beef in Germany, but in the UK, the majority of beef is produced like this. Sure there are some bad farmers... there are some bad everything.

Please don't comment of farming if you are so ignorant of the facts.

Plus our lamb is produced 98% outdoors in green Devonshire pastures :)

Oh and if farm animals were treated like that, you would see it.

One thing you might want to research is what percentage of meat for human consumption is produced under the conditions you describe, and what percentage is factory-farmed. You may perceive that all meat is produced the way it is on your farm, if that is all you see. (Not sure factory farms exist - yet - where you live, but would be worth looking into for complete understanding.)

gentenaire
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:25 AM
One thing you might want to research is what percentage of meat for human consumption is produced under the conditions you describe, and what percentage is factory-farmed. You may perceive that all meat is produced the way it is on your farm, if that is all you see. (Not sure factory farms exist - yet - where you live, but would be worth looking into for complete understanding.)

Like Johno said, there is such a thing as an administration looking out for the safety of food and looking over farms. If there was serious animal abuse, we'd hear about it from the numerous animal wellfare groups.
Cows are generally treated pretty well. Pigs are the worst off but things are improving.

And what do you mean by factory farms?

hwanmig
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Killing animals for vanity:o

Bart
Jun 13th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I also do not condemn ppl who wear them, but the animals should not have to be killed this way (if they have to be killed at all). I watched the entire video and I am not a sadist.

I don't condemn people who wear mink either. For environmental reasons it's way better to wear fur rather than cotton. Cotton production in one of the most polluting activities in the world...

Bart
Jun 13th, 2007, 07:11 PM
And I think minks have a better life than some other farm animals (e.g. meat chickens). In Belgium that is (and probably in other western countries too).

Bart
Jun 13th, 2007, 07:38 PM

True, but they only get sedated just before they are killed. The animals suffer from a lot of stress the way from the farm to the slaughterhouse.
To stay with the example of the meat chickens: 12 hourse before they go to the slaughterhouse they don't get food and water anymore, this is to prevent contamination. Hungry animals are stressed.
The way they are caught (either manual or mechanical) and the transport (temperature, air humidity, noise,...) are all factors that cause a lot of stress to the animals.

Bart
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:04 PM
From my memory of the video, this was not a developed country. I assume they don't enjoy it at all, but they sleep easy knowing their children will be fed for the following days or months.

It's awful, but this is the only means of a job in some regions of the world. But to think, some snobbish stout bimbo will be wearing this animals skins... it is terrible.

I couldn't watch the whole video either, but there are other and better ways to kill them developed country or not...

Bart
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I can't/won't watch it.

This is not true. Minks are killed with CO. The best way to kill them, they don't suffer from stress and don't feel any pain...

Bart
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
At about two minutes I started crying :sad:
My mum and aunt used to wear mink coats all the time :(

This video doesn't represent the mink fur industry at all...

BUBI
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I can't/won't watch it.

Aren't they banned? :lol: I just happened to see this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIE_YQmZbJI

Ilikebigboobies
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:38 AM
I saw a couple mins.. But i couldn't look solely on the video.. I had to keep looking away and stuff. :sad:
I really really wish I didn't click this link. :sad:

Those saying that these fuckers don't enjoy it and do it only cause they have to is total fucking bullshit.

There is ABSOLUTELY no need to cut into live animals like that. When they are swinging them into the ground or whatever they do at the start.. I guess it is to kind of 'bash them to death' .. I don't know. I don't know much about it..

Even that is still not anywhere near a decent enough way to end an animals life but at least it is over quite quickly.. At the worst why can these pathetic excuses for human beings not hit them once or twice more and end it for the animals instead of fucking cutting into them live then?

Save the animals some dignity and hit them straight on the head with a wooden stick or whatever.. One hit and it is over..

But no.. these fuckers don't do that.. they prefer to let the animals suffer and watch themselves cut into them live.. like they can assort power or something.

Animal cruelty is like the worst kind of cruelty I can think of. Those things don't have the power or strength to fight back.

I just hope that one day these inhumane .. I can't even think of a word that is degrading enough to describe them ... get everything that is coming to them.

And for the record.. I read someone said that animals get treated like this on farms. If you treat your animals or livestock or cattle or whatever like that then you too are fucked. I know a tonne of people who own cattle properties, farms and whatever else and I have never seen anything ever like in that video..

Whatever. :sad:

Brett.
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:46 AM
:bigcry: You started this thread on my birthday! :mad:

GrandSlam05
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:05 AM
This is very disturbing and it is true that I would like to give that guy a taste of his own medicine if I was there. But the fact remains that the world has always been fucked up and will continue to be so. How do you think it feels to be swallowed whole by a snake? Or starve to death like people all over the world? Or have metastatic cancer and rot in agony?
This video was terrible, but it is really a mere drop in the bucket.

~{X}~
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Disgusting, then again human beings can be the most disgusting animals to ever grace this planet.

iPatty
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:31 AM
i don't like watching ANYTHING suffer, so i won't watch this one.

i mean, i eat meat. when i'm eating it, i'm not thinking about the animal that died.
but i just can't watch stuff like that. i'm weak. :(

Bart
Jun 14th, 2007, 09:18 AM
And for the record.. I read someone said that animals get treated like this on farms. If you treat your animals or livestock or cattle or whatever like that then you too are fucked. I know a tonne of people who own cattle properties, farms and whatever else and I have never seen anything ever like in that video..

Whatever. :sad:

Of course farmers don't treat their animals like that. At least not in the west...

Timariot
Jun 14th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Disgusting, then again human beings can be the most disgusting animals to ever grace this planet.

Have you seen what Leopard Seals do to penguins? They often wound them enough so they can't escape, play cat & mouse for a while before they get bored and then rip them to pieces. Orcas do same to seals...

Timariot
Jun 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Like Johno said, there is such a thing as an administration looking out for the safety of food and looking over farms. If there was serious animal abuse, we'd hear about it from the numerous animal wellfare groups.

But we do hear about it - it's just that it gets ignored because that's not what people want to hear. It's easy to get upset over minks or dolphins because they're cute and not anywhere as essential to the society as cows or chicken...

Timariot
Jun 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I don't condemn people who wear mink either. For environmental reasons it's way better to wear fur rather than cotton. Cotton production in one of the most polluting activities in the world...

Amen. Cotton production was behind Aral Sea disaster - fur producers at least have not caused that level of ecocatastrophes.

PamShriverRockz
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Think I might become vegetarian.

Ilikebigboobies
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Have you seen what Leopard Seals do to penguins? They often wound them enough so they can't escape, play cat & mouse for a while before they get bored and then rip them to pieces. Orcas do same to seals...

The difference is this is a natural part of the way the animal 'economy' runs. What these people do to mink's is not.

Ilikebigboobies
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Cows are generally treated pretty well. Pigs are the worst off but things are improving.

And what do you mean by factory farms?

But we do hear about it - it's just that it gets ignored because that's not what people want to hear. It's easy to get upset over minks or dolphins because they're cute and not anywhere as essential to the society as cows or chicken...

What Timariot said.. We always hear about it but it is always blown off.

People don't want to know about it and the biggest thing.. the animal welfare groups, who are trying to do something don't have the welfare or funding to do anything worthwhile!

It is all about people power and if enough people were willing to put an end to it, it would be done.

Bart
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Amen to that. People are more shocked by the images of young seals getting slaughtered rather than chickens packed in batteries, for instance . The life of these chickens is so much more worse than seals that don't even have to suffer if they are killed correctly.

Hashim.
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I saw the title above the video and decided not to watch it.

me too...