PDA

View Full Version : Titles below Usernames

Martie
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Is that some sort of privilege for posters who've been here for a long time, or have a certain # of posts.

i.e.

Martie
Granville-ite

My Mother said if you don't ask you won't know.

égalité
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:25 AM
I doubt it, because supergrunt has one :help: :tape:

cellophane
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Leanne is now in red :D :inlove:

Wigglytuff
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:28 AM
what gives used to hae a custom thingie and just noticed its gone :eek:

Martian Stacey
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:29 AM
There used to be an option to pay a certain amount of vCash for a custom user title, but that option is no longer available.

Martian Stacey
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:30 AM
what gives used to hae a custom thingie and just noticed its gone :eek:
A lot of people lost theirs when the bank was removed from the site.

What was your title before? I can try and restore it for you

Wigglytuff
Apr 20th, 2007, 06:19 AM
A lot of people lost theirs when the bank was removed from the site.

What was your title before? I can try and restore it for you

that sucks.

if the bank is gone can we still buy stuff like bold or colored names.

yeah, i dont remember exactly what i had but if you could give me "Cute & Happy ABL" that would be awesome!!

thank you for such a kind offer!!!

~Eclipsed~
Apr 20th, 2007, 06:33 AM
the only poster that i know has one is miching mallecho (or whoever you spell her name now) "Senior Bitch" so maybe you can ask her how she got hers.:)

Martie
Apr 20th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Leanne is now in red :D :inlove:

I'm very much looking forward to seeing dear Leanne at next year's ASB Classic.

I'm thinking of wearing this t-shirt:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/360/greea2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 07:41 AM
the only poster that i know has one is miching mallecho (or whoever you spell her name now) "Senior Bitch" so maybe you can ask her how she got hers.:)

There are plenty more that have one, like moderators and people who bought one when the Vcash store was up like Stacey said. As far as I know only admins can change them.

Brett.
Apr 20th, 2007, 07:45 AM

Good Idea! :haha: :haha:

I'm very much looking forward to seeing dear Leanne at next year's ASB Classic.

I'm thinking of wearing this t-shirt:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/360/greea2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:spit: :spit: :tape:

Wigglytuff
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
There are plenty more that have one, like moderators and people who bought one when the Vcash store was up like Stacey said. As far as I know only admins can change them.

mine went away!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

can i get "Senior ABL Cuteologist" :hearts: :hearts: PLEASE!!!

ViennaCalling
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I want to have "Austrian Sexbomb" instead of "Senior Member" :lol: :angel:

QuicKyMonSter
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:05 PM
how come i didn't lose it? :scratch:
I hadn't noticed others had lost it..

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
mine went away!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

can i get "Senior ABL Cuteologist" :hearts: :hearts: PLEASE!!!

Only admins can change them. I have no idea what the current policy is on doing so.

M2k
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Well the things I did to get mine where a bit... :o so how do I make my title into bold letters? :scratch:

Slumpsova
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:25 PM
the admin should reopen vcash shop once again :awww:

M2k
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Only admins can change them. I have no idea what the current policy is on doing so.

oh god I'm going to sound pretty stupid...:o but what's the difference between an admi and a moderator ?? :confused: :o :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM
oh god I'm going to sound pretty stupid...:o but what's the difference between an admi and a moderator ?? :confused: :o :confused:

Admins can make you strip naked in a blink.

M2k
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM

... :lol: ... yeah I should know of all people :o :sad: :o

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Well the things I did to get mine where a bit... :o so how do I make my title into bold letters? :scratch:

Bold is only reserved to mods and admins.

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:49 PM

That would be an accurate description.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Soooooooooo, you are still accepting bribes, then? ;) :p

Barrie_Dude
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:53 PM
:eek: At the thought of being stripped searched by Eggy! :scared:

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Soooooooooo, you are still accepting bribes, then? ;) :p

It depends on how much you bring, big boy. :p

M2k
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Bold is only reserved to mods and admins.

---> :awww:

...:sad:...

Barrie_Dude
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM
It depends on how much you bring, big boy. :p
About 9.5 inches! :hehehe:

Barrie_Dude
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:58 PM
---> :awww:

...:sad:...
Give James a big kiss and he may wave that rule for you!;)

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:01 PM
About 9.5 inches! :hehehe:

Sorry, only 10 inches and above.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Sorry, only 10 inches and above.Let me bring my horse next time;)

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Let me bring my horse next time;)

I'll specify: only human 10 inches and above. :p

Barrie_Dude
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I'll specify: only human 10 inches and above. :p
Will you settle for Christian?:lol:

Wigglytuff
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:19 PM

ok, i will have to ask kart when i get home today.

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Will you settle for Christian?:lol:

Only personal bribes are taken.

M2k
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:26 PM
:tape: I want a new title !!:tape: someone help me!

Slumpsova
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:07 PM
:tape: I want a new title !!:tape: someone help me!
you should :tape:

M2k
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:55 PM
you should :tape:

:tape: ...is the one I have too cheesie? :tape:

Just Do It
Apr 20th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I want to have "Austrian Sexbomb" instead of "Senior Member"

:spit:

ViennaCalling
Apr 20th, 2007, 10:32 PM
:spit:

;)

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 20th, 2007, 11:33 PM
I doubt it, because supergrunt has one :help: :tape:
The history behind the titles below the usernames is very controversial at best.

At one time, it took at least $10,000 to change another usernames custom title to whatever that person wanted to. It was being abused by two participants at WTAWorld, "King" and "Kenny" who changed others users custom titles as a means of retaliation.

Kenny changed my custom title to something rude like "troll" because I said that Serena had gained weight. I thought it was one of the mods who had done it and private messaged a few mods to inquire why my user title was changed. I was informed by Griffin and Sonja that it was changed by Kenny and a few mods offered to change my user title to whatever I wanted it changed to. However, Kenny donated the money back to me, so that I could change it myself. Now, Mother Marjorie could have kept the money Kenny donated to her, and just had one of the mods change it for free. However, Mother Marjorie did the right thing and used the money given to her by Kenny to change it.

Some weeks later, "King" went on a spree and changed Supergrunts title to "Offical retard and troll" and mine to "Swoop" (something having to do with the Julia lady according to Pureracket). King had also changed other users custom title as well. I informed those participants who King had changed their custom user titles to private message the mods to get theirs changed back, and they were restored.

At that time, I complained to several mods, including Poe that the "change custom user title" function was being abused by "King" and that it would only serve to divide people at the WTA World forum and create hard feelings. Also noticed at that time, a large amount of V-Cash was being donated back and forth among a small group of participants and it was largely rumored that V-Cash was being laundered for the purpose of being able to use the "change user title" function, among other things. It was a couple of weeks later after an "upgrade" that a lot of functions related to purchasing neat and nifty things with V-Cash was halted, including being able to use V-Cash to change others user titles.

However, not everyone that requested their custom user title be changed back to its original form was obliged, myself included.

I now wear it as a proud badge of hypocrisy by some of the mods in this forum, who claim to be objective keepers of the peace, yet whose inaction in restoring my original user title, only promotes the disharmony they claim they are against.

Mother Marjorie

M2k
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:53 AM
...boy! It must be a very slow day in my office :o
Anyway---> :confused: ...sometimes people talk about v-cash as if it were real money, such nonsense :lol: Anyway my tittle was a gift from a wonderful poster. Now what a sweet gesture that was :hearts:

gentenaire
Apr 21st, 2007, 06:44 AM
I got mine way before the whole V-cash thingie started. I never used the V-cash option.

That said, I didn't know about the V-cash username abuse. Marjorie, it could be that the mods simply forgot about your user title. They have lives too, you know.

Nacho
Apr 21st, 2007, 09:30 AM
I got mine before that too :)

it was a special thing because only those who registered in early 2001 could have one, but I guess it isn't that cool anymore

meh, who cares ;)

Barrie_Dude
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Only personal bribes are taken.
You can get personal with Cristian! :hehehe:

MyskinaManiac
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I now wear it as a proud badge of hypocrisy by some of the mods in this forum, who claim to be objective keepers of the peace, yet whose inaction in restoring my original user title, only promotes the disharmony they claim they are against.

Mother Marjorie

I noticed that you still have "swoop"; is this the "proud badge" you speak of (sarcasm noted)? I think the way it worked out for you is just rediculous. Why would anyone waste their time on trying to make peoples time unpleasent?

Martian KC
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I got mine because I hacked the system. Dun-dun-dun!

Barrie_Dude
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I got mine because I hacked the system. Dun-dun-dun!
Pea, it goes w/o saying that you are a hack! :haha: