PDA

View Full Version : Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll

gocanadago
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Finale is next Tuesday! Who do you think is gonna be the next doll?

The Finalists

Melissa Reyes

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/melissa-r.jpg
Chelsea Korka

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/chelsea.jpg
Asia Nitollano
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/asia.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melissa Smith

Eliminated on Week 6

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/melissa-smith.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastacia

Eliminated on Week 5

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/anastacia.jpg

Mariela Arteaga

Eliminated on Week 4

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/mariela.jpg

Sisely Treasure

Eliminated on Week 3

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/sisely.jpg

Jaime

Eliminated on Week 2

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/jaime.jpg

Brittany Diiorio

Eliminated on Week 1

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/pussycat-dolls-present-the-search-for-the-next-doll/images/brittany.jpg

gocanadago
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I don't think Chelsea will win the final but she still is my favorite so Go Chelsea! I love your voice!

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Well most of the girls I like are gone.
The name of the show should really be Pussycat Dolls Present, The Search For The Replacement of Nicole Scherzinger.

I'm rooting for the clear underdog, Chelsea.

mckyle.
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Melissa R. because she looks like Nicole.

tucker1989
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:38 AM
I love Melissa R; she is the whole package.

RatedR Superstar
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:50 AM
chelsea, in some angle, (not that pic) looks a little like makiri

.Andrew.
Apr 20th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Chelsea :worship:

Amazing voice and her dancing can always improve...

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 20th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Melissa R is georgous :hearts:

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:06 AM
I think Melissa R should win, but I also really liked Anastacia.

denise4926
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:02 AM
meliisa r will win.. Chelsea is good tho too.. Asia is a bit of a mess

stevos
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Melissa S was so hot, and Chelsea is hot too.
So I want Chelsea to win!

thalle
Apr 20th, 2007, 06:18 AM
don't know, haven't seen the show. I want Chelseas shirt though:)

kabuki
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Melissa R or Chelsea would be my choice.

My fave was Amazon Anastasia tho.

[S@nti]
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Melissa R :hearts:

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Melissa R or Chelsea would be my choice.

My fave was Amazon Anastasia tho.

Yes! Even though she was an amazon, I really liked her!

Does anyone know...are they adding this new Doll to the group, or is she the replacement for someone that's leaving?

P_Fer
Apr 20th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Melissa R and Chelsea are so hot!

gocanadago
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Yes! Even though she was an amazon, I really liked her!

Does anyone know...are they adding this new Doll to the group, or is she the replacement for someone that's leaving?

The show is supposed to be organized to add a doll to the group but some rumors says Nicole would quit the group to try a solo career and then the show would be to find a doll to replace Nicole.

kabuki
Apr 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Karmit the draggish redhead (who is also well into her 30's) also has a solo album dropping.

I'm wondering if there might be space for two...

Jericho
Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:16 AM
I know who's gonna win... cuz i know melissa reyes personally ;) ... but i wont spoil

gocanadago
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:01 AM
1 day to go...

stevos
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I know who's gonna win... cuz i know melissa reyes personally ;) ... but i wont spoil

well that makes it obvious.

the jamierbelyea
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I would think all of the ladies would be bound to a confidentiality statement...

Anyway Meliisa R. is my favorite, this show is rather boring though, yet I still watch it every week.

Dawn Marie
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Missy R if they are going to replace Nicole. Asia if not.

Asia has a charisma about her on the stage.

piercerocks
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:56 AM
go chelsea!! haha i cant believe i watched this show but they had a marathon on mtv last weekend and i was at home waiting for my match so yeah

FLL
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Melissa R or Asia are the obvious choices! Chelsea is just :help: Her voice has nothing special about it as she is immitating everytime she sings. Nothing original. And she just CAN'T dance and in the PCD, you need an average voice and the ability to dance OUT OF YOU MIND!

SzavayFi
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:22 AM
ah but melissa in there. see'in her in a buttoms vid with nicole would make my dreams

azinna
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Accidentally watched a marathon last weekend, so I'm all caught up. If Nicole is leaving then PCD is really in trouble vocally; she pretty much carries the group. And that may be why Chelsea's in the running. No one is expecting her to have unique vocals; just strong ones. And she's shown the drive to make the most of a few more months of dance training. Plus: if the PCDs want to release a ballad or two, or a song with more demanding vocals, she'll be right there for them.

Still, Melissa R is the obvious "complete package" choice for PCD as it currently stands. There's something so cookie-cutter about her to me, which may be why she'd be chosen: she could slot right in the group, be wherever the management needs her, do whatever their type of video demands.

Asia has serious presence on and off the stage, wherever there's a camera and mike. The PCDs really have a who-are-the-others? problem; and she'd help decrease that. But that's all she'd add, really.

FLL
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Ok.. I'm pissed! After watching the last show, Mel was the obvious choice IMO. Chelsea grew on me in the last episode.. too little too late! Asia has no social skills and she is now part of a group :help: Is she going to act like a baby everytimes things don't go her way? Don't get me wrong, on stage, she'll do great but it's behind the scenes I'm worried about..

kabuki
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Asia? The judges need their heads examined. :crazy:

Randy H
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I'm glad they went with Asia, she is a great performer...I think her vocals can be improved more still, but they are sufficient.

Melissa was good all-round but to me she was too much like a Nicole clone - They don't need another Nicole, they need someone original and different, and Asia is that :)

stevos
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Asia was by far my least favourite of the three, glad I didn't watch.

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Asia was by far my least favourite of the three, glad I didn't watch.

Asia was my least favourite of the three as well. I think Melissa should have won, but hey, what do I know...

I would never buy their album anyways :p

Cage
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:22 AM
This show is on late aussie tv i kinda like it. I thought the pussycat dolls them self would be more involved tho.

gocanadago
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM
They're will be a season 2 of "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll"... I think it's stupid idea, they should have chosen the two this year. I suppose they think that one girl will leave soon, I mean how can you have a 8 singers group :confused:

Tennis-Chick
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:26 PM
They're will be a season 2 of "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll"... I think it's stupid idea, they should have chosen the two this year. I suppose they think that one girl will leave soon, I mean how can you have a 8 singers group :confused:

Because only one or two sing, the rest are there to look good

tennisjunky
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM
chelsea and anastasia were my two favorites. sucks they didnt make it, oh well, dont really like PCD anyway.

Demska
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Asia :hearts:

Lulu.
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Asia was my fave Im so happy she won :banana:

gocanadago
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I hope Melissa R. and Chelsea will get solo recording contract cause they both have a lot of potential ;) and both are HOT! :hearts: :drool:

piercerocks
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:19 AM
chelsea!! no!!

tennisIlove09
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Eh. Asia? Please.
She was like "I know my Daughter will be proud of me ..."

she better hope her daughter never sees the entire episode where she was being all ghetto calling out the other girl, who was just trying to be nice. Proud my ass.

I was rooting for Melissa.

shnit.
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:46 AM
I was rooting for either of the Melissa's.

roarke
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:49 PM
The right girl won.. Asia! Melissa although she is seen as atttractive and she has a good voice came across as too innocent not sexually mature enough to fit into the PCD role. Deer in the head lights is a good way to describe her. She looks like she should be singing some bubblegum type pop songs for tweens.

Chelsea, although is seen as attractive and also has a good voice seems rather quiet and too girl next door for the PCD role as well, plus she can't dance. Expressing her sensual nature was a problem for her as well. Also she is too "Ashanti like" in her performance. She looks like she should be in a gospel choir and be the good girl.

Asia, shows the more mature level of sexuality of the three girls. She dances well, she sings well and she performs well. She demands attention, the others were just there, too sweet, not sensual enough. While Asia needs to learn to control her voice, she has a really big voice and she has a great range. Anyway voice control can be learnt, however that innate sexiness, that IT factor is natural with her. If Chelsea and Meissa are to be really successful they would have to do a Brittney.... Each song/cd would have to be more shocking than the last or they would have to create some drama to maintain their image. They would be know most for their off court antics than for their actual career. Without the drama they would easily be forgotten. Asia on the other had would make you know she is here with or without added drama.

gocanadago
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I can't tell you if it's the truth, but from I read on a forum on internet, Chelsea would have signed a contract with RCA record label... Let's hope it's true :D

Megatherium
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:08 PM
whomever can flash her pussy best will win the competition because she'll fit with the pussycat dolls concept best.

woosey
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:17 PM
the finale was the only episode i watched. out of the three, asia was the clear choice. she dances the best.

vocally, none of them are incredibly strong but asia was the best.

plus, asia was given the most difficult song to perform. shit, i could have sung stick with you and well, i would never sing feelin fine cuz nobody can truly sing that song but nina simone. vapid chelsea was terrible.

i was thinking - these are the top ones.

asia was the obvious choice - she sings and dances better than the other girls.

i'm glad for her.

gocanadago
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:32 PM
the finale was the only episode i watched. out of the three, asia was the clear choice. she dances the best.

vocally, none of them are incredibly strong but asia was the best.

plus, asia was given the most difficult song to perform. shit, i could have sung stick with you and well, i would never sing feelin fine cuz nobody can truly sing that song but nina simone. vapid chelsea was terrible.

i was thinking - these are the top ones.

asia was the obvious choice - she sings and dances better than the other girls.

i'm glad for her.

If you watched only the finale it's maybe more normal to say no girl out of the three were strong vocally but you are wrong saying that as you didn't see Chelsea singing, "I turn to you" and "What a girl wants" :hearts: of Christina Aiguilera

Plus, I wouldn't say Asia had the toughest song, I mean, it's a lot easier to get the crowd involved with "I don't need a man" than with songs that are a lot more boring like "Feelin good" and "Stick with you"

woosey
Apr 27th, 2007, 12:23 AM
If you watched only the finale it's maybe more normal to say no girl out of the three were strong vocally but you are wrong saying that as you didn't see Chelsea singing, "I turn to you" and "What a girl wants" :hearts: of Christina Aiguilera

Plus, I wouldn't say Asia had the toughest song, I mean, it's a lot easier to get the crowd involved with "I don't need a man" than with songs that are a lot more boring like "Feelin good" and "Stick with you"

first, this was the first full episode i've seen. i've seen parts of the first and also the one where chelsea sang what a girl wants. it was ok.

i hope you know something about vocals - stick with you and feelin good are not as challenging as the song asia sung. they just aren't.

the way they sang those songs - feelin good and stick with you - they weren't original so you can't claim they put a more challenging twist on them. now the way nina simone sang it, it did song interesting and challenging. but not the way chelsea sang it. it was blah. and frankly, a good performer can get the crowd hype on any song - slow, fast, midtempo. so tempo, etc. are not the issues here.

theoretically it may be easier to get the crowd involved on an upbeat song but that's not what i was talking about. i'm talking about the vocal ability it takes to sing that song with - particularly with the energy she gave it without sounding too pitchy or off.

and asia did that - of the three, she was the best.

plus, asia was the best on lady marmalade. she's got better chops than chelsea and the other girl with the stank attitude.

Jericho
Apr 27th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I would think all of the ladies would be bound to a confidentiality statement...

well i told gocanadago who won ;)

P_Fer
Apr 27th, 2007, 01:05 AM
first, this was the first full episode i've seen. i've seen parts of the first and also the one where chelsea sang what a girl wants. it was ok.

i hope you know something about vocals - stick with you and feelin good are not as challenging as the song asia sung. they just aren't.

the way they sang those songs - feelin good and stick with you - they weren't original so you can't claim they put a more challenging twist on them. now the way nina simone sang it, it did song interesting and challenging. but not the way chelsea sang it. it was blah. and frankly, a good performer can get the crowd hype on any song - slow, fast, midtempo. so tempo, etc. are not the issues here.

theoretically it may be easier to get the crowd involved on an upbeat song but that's not what i was talking about. i'm talking about the vocal ability it takes to sing that song with - particularly with the energy she gave it without sounding too pitchy or off.

and asia did that - of the three, she was the best.

plus, asia was the best on lady marmalade. she's got better chops than chelsea and the other girl with the stank attitude.

Asia's attitude was not so great either

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:46 AM
melissa r. is from my hometown of CYPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO CYPRESS!

[S@nti]
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'm gald Melissa didn't win.... cos she'll have a solo career :D

gocanadago
Apr 28th, 2007, 10:49 PM
From Sisely Treasure's (Eliminated on week 3) Myspace:

ANSWERS TO FAQ'S:
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!

I GET YOUR MESSAGES BUT HARDLY HAVE THE TIME TO REPLY... I APOLOGIZE, BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I REALLY APPRECIATE ALLLLLLL OF YOUR THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, AND COMPLIMENTS!!

YES! I AM THE "REAL" SISELY TREASURE! IF YOU READ MY BLOG, YOU WILL SEE THAT IVE ANSWERED A FEW FAQ'S.

THE MOST POPULAR QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK ARE...

"CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ASIA WON?!"

"DO YOU REALLY NOT LIKE ASIA?!"

"DID YOU LIKE MELISSA R?!"

"DO YOU TALK TO THE GIRLS?!"

HONESTLY, I WASNT SURPRIZED ABOUT ASIA WINNING, JUST A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED. THE WHOLE THING ABOUT THE 'DRAG QUEEN' COMMENT WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT, AND I REALLY DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HER DURING THE SHOW. IN GENERAL I THINK ASIA IS A VERY TALENTED PERSON, AND POSSIBLY THE MOST FITTING FOR THE GROUP. NOW I SAY "THE MOST FITTING FOR THE GROUP" SINCE I FEEL LIKE [B]CHELSEA IS A BETTER SINGER, JUST STYLISTICALLY DIDNT FIT AS WELL... AND THOUGH MELISSA R WAS MY FAVORITE TO WIN... I LOVE HER... I THINK THAT SHE WAS GETTING ALL THIS "LOOKS TOO MUCH LIKE NICOLE" STUFF.

ANASTACIA, MELISSA R, AND I HANG OUT ALL THE TIME. I TALK TO JAIME (MY GIRL!) AND CHELSEA VERY OFTEN, MELISSA S AND MARIELLA OCCASSIONALLY. THE ONLY PEOPLE I HAVE NOT KEPT IN TOUCH WITH ARE ASIA AND BRITNEY. I FEEL LIKE ASIA NATURALLY SEPARATED HERSELF FROM EVERYONE ELSE THOUGH... NOT REALLY JUST MY CHOOSING... IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. SO THAT ANSWERS THOSE QUESTIONS.

UMMM... IF YOURE WONDERING ABOUT MUSIC... SERIOUSLY... STAY TUNED!! IM WORKIN MY BOOTY OFF RIGHT NOW GETTIN SOME NEW ISHT DONE, AND IM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT IT ALL. MORE INFO TO COME SOON.

I WILL TRY TO KEEP UP WITH THE QUESTIONS AND ALL THAT STUFF.

AND I WILL DEFINITELY KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED ON THE LATEST SISELY TREASURE NEWS!!

LOVE,

SISELY*

Her myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=110547875

gocanadago
May 2nd, 2007, 01:43 AM
You can listen to Chelsea's first song on her myspace : http://myspace.com/182536160

It's called Better Than

gocanadago
May 3rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Where's the Missing Pussycat?

The Pussycat Dolls performed last night in Atlanta -- minus reality TV show winner Asia.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2007/05/0503_pussycat_wireimage.jpg

While sources told TMZ last week that the Diva-licious Asia isn't "the best match" for the scantily clad girl group, a rep for the show "The Search for the Next Doll" assures us that Asia will still purr with the Pussycats. Her absence from last night's performance was planned and there are no plans for her to join them until after this tour wraps in two days.

Asia is set join the rest of the gang to record the Dolls' second album and will tour with them then.

In other PCD news -- TMZ spotted Robin Antin, the creator of the group, dancing last night with the runners-up on the reality series, Chelsea and Melissa, at the opening of the Stoli Hotel in Hollywood. A second season of the show is also rumored to be coming soon, though Warner Bros. denies another season is in the pipeline.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/03/wheres-the-missing-pussycat/2#comments

Tennisaddict
May 4th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Asia was the right girl for the PCD. Sisely was jealous of Asia during the show and still can´t give her her dues. Well, who´s in the winner´s circle and who´s at home?

V-MAC
May 14th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Congrats Asia. I hope she stops doing that "tapping the mic" when she sings though :lol:

gocanadago
Jul 30th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Asia No Longer With PCD!

That's right, it's time to put an end to all the speculation regarding Asia Nitollano, the newest member of the Dolls found on the reality program Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll. We now know for certain what her future plans are.

She is, as Ostroff reported, not actually going to be the next member of the group. However, Ostroff didn't add any fuel to the firestorm of rumors that she was kicked out for not being strong enough of a performer to really be a member of the group. Instead she stated that Asia will be pursuing a solo career. Whether this statement was diplomacy or reality, we won't probably know for some time.

This will be, no doubt, a major disappointment to Asia's fans (really? seems like everyone who watched the show hated her) who probably hoped they'd be seeing her soon onstage with an established group. If she is going to be trying to jumpstart a solo career, it could be a while before they have the chance to buy an album or see her live.

For other viewers of Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll, this might actually be welcome news. Some internet fan polls indicated that of the final three, Asia was at the bottom of the list for viewers pick for the next Doll. Some didn't like what they perceived to be her bad attitude, while others felt that the other girls had better natural abilities.

Regardless of the fan response, a critic at the press tour asked the question that many have asked regarding the results of not just Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll, but other competition shows like America's Next Top Model. What's the point of the having the contest if it ultimately doesn't mean anything? For now though, to the less literal-minded the answer is clear: the audience seems to still like the means (the competition) enough to ignore the end (ambiguous career development).

- Leslie Seaton, BuddyTV Staff Columnist

Source: http://chelsea-korka.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1185145962&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Kevin.
Jul 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW! :lol:

Kevin.
Jul 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
they started airing re-runs last night and will run every Sunday at 9pm on CW

LeonHart
Jul 30th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Ok...so she won the show and now she's not even in the group. I think it's retarded and I don't even like the Pussycat Dolls.