PDA

View Full Version : My Trip to Universal Orlando

RONALDO'S GUY
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I am going next week! so excited! i went in 92 when i was ten and i loved it- has it changed much?

RONALDO'S GUY
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Anyone? :)

drake3781
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I went probably around that same time and it was great! Loved the ET ride - went on it twice.

I'm not big on the ones where you sit in some type of thing and get shaken around with a video playing. Seems to be more and more of that type.

I keep seeing discounts for Universal. Do you have some coupon or code or something to get a discount?

MH0861
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:12 AM
I went last summer. :hearts: Do you have tickets to both parks there (Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure). Anyways, they closed the Back to the Future Ride shortly after I went apparently. :(

Eric_tennis
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:26 AM
I've been there last November,... but that was my first visit over there. I'd been to Universal studio in LA maybe 10 years ago,.. so I can't really know what's been changed.
At that period the weather was not good, so I couldn't enjoy that much.

If you have free time at night, you can try to watch 'La Nouva',.kind of circus show in that area.

RONALDO'S GUY
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:11 AM
We have 2 day passes for both parks- we are down in orlando visiting my aunt-she told me on the phone that it has grown a lot since 92- when we went back then they had King Kong, earthquake, i remember that JAWS was closed when we went but i did a little research on the parks and king kong has been replaced by the mummy rollercoaster, BTTF has gone, JAWS is open, they have an entertainment complex, a new park and three hotels! phew! :) i visited www.universalstudiosorlando.com

RONALDO'S GUY
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I mean www.universalorlando.com

Helen Lawson
Apr 20th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I am going next week! so excited! i went in 92 when i was ten and i loved it- has it changed much?

It's a little dumpy and run-down from when you were there last. The rides are a lot the same and dull now, and they haven't like painted and stuff, it's like it needs a face-lift. CityWalk is totally different, though, it's a lot bigger with better bars and stores, but the parks themselves need some cosmetic work and some new rides. An article in the local rag says it's changed hands a lot and no one wants to update it. I think Back to the Future is closing or already has. Jaws is still dumb as ever. I went on it with a 4 year old who was laughing at the "shark." If you can't trick a 4 year old, you officially suck.

tennisbuddy12
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
bump...i just performed there a week and a half ago...do the hulk at night...it is amazing

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
bump...i just performed there a week and a half ago...do the hulk at night...it is amazing

:eek: I WANNA SEE PICTURES OF YOU AS THE HULK!!!! ;)

!<blocparty>!
Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
Aww! I'm going to stay in the Hard Rock Hotel in the summer. Yay.

Monica_Rules
Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Hoping to go next year once i have some money.

fnuf7
Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Oooh are you going on the Jaws ride :bounce: That looks horrifying to me, I would officially crap myself if I ever went on that ride, there would be no stopping it & I don't even care how fake the shark looks :tape: ;) I went on the studio tour of Universal Studios in LA & at one point they have a mini lake thing with the tiniest shark model that kind of attacks a model of man in the lake...omg I was so terrified & I was 18! :o *hangs head in shame*

Steven Spielberg has mentally scarred me for life with that film :lol:

RONALDO'S GUY
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:23 PM
I have seen videos and pictures of the Jaws ride and it looks so good!

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
I have seen videos and pictures of the Jaws ride and it looks so good!

:toothy:

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
The Jaws ride is horrible. The thing looks like a piece of rubber with a bad paint job. And the paint is totally faded, too, so there's like cracks and stuff in the rubber. It doesn't fool a 5 year old. It's the worst ride. If there's a line, pass, unless you get off on laughing at how lame a ride it. Twister is pretty decent and King Kong, if it's still there. The rollercoasters are what makes that park, though.

RONALDO'S GUY
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Nope- King Kong is gone- but by the looks of the photo's and video's of Jaws i'm guessing they refurbished the sharks

Lee-Waters
Apr 27th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I went in march and had a great time! :) i went on most rides- btw, yes JAWS did get a refurb but Back to the future is gone and is being replaced by the simpsons

Dawn Marie
Apr 28th, 2007, 10:57 PM
The Jaws ride is stupid. Not even scary. I laughed at it.

The Mummy ride is good and E.T. I also liked the Terminator ride.

Islands of Adventure try the roller coasters. Spider Man is good also.

Epcot is fun imho.

RONALDO'S GUY
Apr 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
HEY! Yesterday i went to Universal Studios- it was awesome! Twister was fun, Shrek 4-d was hilarious, Revenge of the mummy was also awesome, Earthquake was very intense! Jaws was the star ride though-it was so terrifying! we went on it at night as well! oh and the sharks looked realistic-everyone screamed! and the special effects were well....hot!

CrossCourt~Rally
May 1st, 2007, 02:11 AM
The Jaws ride is horrible. The thing looks like a piece of rubber with a bad paint job. And the paint is totally faded, too, so there's like cracks and stuff in the rubber. It doesn't fool a 5 year old. It's the worst ride. If there's a line, pass, unless you get off on laughing at how lame a ride it. Twister is pretty decent and King Kong, if it's still there. The rollercoasters are what makes that park, though.

:toothy: scared ?

CrossCourt~Rally
May 1st, 2007, 02:11 AM
HEY! Yesterday i went to Universal Studios- it was awesome! Twister was fun, Shrek 4-d was hilarious, Revenge of the mummy was also awesome, Earthquake was very intense! Jaws was the star ride though-it was so terrifying! we went on it at night as well! oh and the sharks looked realistic-everyone screamed! and the special effects were well....hot!

Glad you had a good time :yeah:

drake3781
May 1st, 2007, 03:03 AM
What about the ET ride? It's still there, isn't it? You walk through a big forest in the line part, then get on a bike and fly over the town. Then ET is in your bike basket and his heart starts glowing. And at the very end he talks to you and says your name. :hearts:

Lee-Waters
May 3rd, 2007, 06:21 AM
I went in February and E.T was still there-

Helen Lawson
May 3rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Anyone who says they have been on Jaws and liked it--I have to wonder if you were really there at the park at all. :lol: Even with a refurbish, the whole thing is lame. I mean, a five year old was with me, the shark come out of the water like a foot from her, she was on the end, she starts laughing and puts her hand out to touch it and tell me how fake it looked. A five year old!

Lee-Waters
May 3rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
Aww- i really like Jaws- i and many others enjoy it!

Helen Lawson
May 3rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Aww- i really like Jaws- i and many others enjoy it!

Boggles the mind! :D

Lee-Waters
May 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
What time of the day did you ride and was the skipper good?

Helen Lawson
May 3rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
What time of the day did you ride and was the skipper good?

Late afternoon. The skipper sucked.

Lee-Waters
May 3rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
How many years ago?

Helen Lawson
May 3rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
How many years ago?

About 2. It wasn't just the fake-looking shark, it was the whole thing, dumb props, dumb track, just total cheese.

Lee-Waters
May 3rd, 2007, 10:25 PM
Well last time i went the cheesiness was pretty low-the skipper was good-she seemed genuinely scared and enthusiastic-but your entitled to your opinion and i hope that you go there again one day and have a good time :)

CondiLicious
May 4th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Universal is boring aside from The Mummy. Islands of Adventure is fun though.