PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to NYC! ... HELP!

Libertango
Apr 19th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Hey guys, I'm a 21 year old English guy from London and I'm moving to NYC later this year. However, I know *NO-ONE* there, any New Yorkers around? :D ;) :p

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Hey guys, I'm a 21 year old English guy from London and I'm moving to NYC later this year. However, I know *NO-ONE* there, any New Yorkers around? :D ;) :p

:wavey: You'll love it! :lol:

Libertango
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:43 PM
You think?! I hope so :p

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
noooooooooooooooooooo. god ure soo lucky :mad:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 19th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I live in Brooklyn but work in Midtown Manhattan...welcome to our city...:bounce:

Libertango
Apr 19th, 2007, 08:58 PM
:wavey:

I'm moving to Chelsea, Manhattan. :hearts:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Are you gay? If so, make sure your body is tight...:lol:

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM

Lucky bish! :p

I live in Queens, but I'm always in Manhattan! :D

SJW
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:42 PM
NYC is the perfect city for you if you're from London :D
What are you moving for? Jealous :( I'm still waiting for Cam'ron to propose to me so I can live a life of luxury in Manhattan.

Libertango
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Are you gay? If so, make sure your body is tight...:lol:

:lol: I am and that's why I'm addicted to the gym atm.:devil:

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:46 PM

:lol: :kiss:

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:47 PM
What are you moving for? Jealous :( I'm still waiting for Cam'ron to propose to me so I can live a life of luxury in Manhattan.

You'll be living a life of luxury in Brookyln. :lol:

Which isn't so bad. ;)

Berlin_Calling
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Upper East Side native here. Welcome to THE City! :wavey:

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Upper East Side native here. Welcome to THE City! :wavey:

I go to college on the Upper East Side. :o

Libertango
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:52 PM

I just fancied a change and I've always loved New York. Can't wait :bounce:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM

Well thats good cause for them Chelsea boys...it's all about the body...:cool:

SJW
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM
You'll be living a life of luxury in Brookyln. :lol:

Which isn't so bad. ;)

No he'll be living in Brooklyn while paying for my penthouse in Manhattan :angel:

I just fancied a change and I've always loved New York. Can't wait :bounce:

Again, jealous :p Do you have a job and stuff lined up?

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:56 PM

You dont even talk to me anymore...How long have you been in college in the states? Not once did you pm me and say you wanted to come kick it with me in NY...and you posse seems to want to come at my neck any chance they get...:rolleyes:

Libertango
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:56 PM
So i've heard ... "no pecs, no sex" and all that. ;)

Libertango
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:57 PM

Nooo ... i really should get one LOL.

SJW
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:58 PM
You dont even talk to me anymore...How long have you been in college in the states? Not once did you pm me and say you wanted to come kick it with me in NY...and you posse seems to want to come at my neck any chance they get...:rolleyes:

About a year and a half now :o
I still love you with all my heart Cam. Words cannot express how sorry I am :sad:
Do you want to kick it in NY sometime? :)

My posse? :confused:

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM
No he'll be living in Brooklyn while paying for my penthouse in Manhattan :angel:

:lol: :lol:

Berlin_Calling
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I go to college on the Upper East Side. :o

where do you go? i live in the city, but i dont go to school there. i miss it so much! cant wait for the summer so i can return home, hahah. although i will be living downtown!

Tylane
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:09 PM
I'm just back from one week in NYC. I loved, it's a great city, but only for some days, i'd never want to live there, it's too tiring, there is too much noise. I think it's not as human for an european girl like me. And the food :help: omg terrible !

Berlin_Calling
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I'm just back from one week in NYC. I loved, it's a great city, but only for some days, i'd never want to live there, it's too tiring, there is too much noise. I think it's not as human for an european girl like me. And the food :help: omg terrible !

lol where the hell did you eat?! you probably did the tourist thing and went to a gross barbecue joint in Times Square :o

new-york
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:38 PM
is there some space left for me with your clothes or something.

i want to come too. :sobbing:

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:39 PM
is there some space left for me with your clothes or something.

i want to come too. :sobbing:

:lol: I thought you were in New york all this time.

new-york
Apr 19th, 2007, 11:16 PM
:lol: I thought you were in New york all this time.

i thought you asked some questions about that a while ago.:p

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2007, 11:35 PM
where do you go? i live in the city, but i dont go to school there. i miss it so much! cant wait for the summer so i can return home, hahah. although i will be living downtown!

I go to Hunter College, on 68th street and Lexington Ave. :D

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2007, 11:36 PM

There is some great places in NYC, I mean afterall there are so many places that are international here, that you just gotta go and look for them. Its not easy lol. But we definitely have great places to eat, just gotta know them.

MisterQ
Apr 19th, 2007, 11:43 PM

He'd better hurry up and get here while one can still afford a place in Brooklyn. :lol:

~{X}~
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:49 AM
He'd better hurry up and get here while one can still afford a place in Brooklyn. :lol:

:lol: So true.

No Name Face
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:26 AM
well i'm graduating college, got a job in manhattan and i'm moving to brooklyn from upstate new york (aka the boonies) this june. should be fun.
i was gonna go to california, but not anyore.

MisterQ
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:35 AM
well i'm graduating college, got a job in manhattan and i'm moving to brooklyn from upstate new york (aka the boonies) this june. should be fun.
i was gonna go to california, but not anyore.

Hmmm, that's exactly what I did a five years ago (upstate boonies to brooklyn).

Good luck! :hatoff:

~{X}~
Apr 20th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Everyone moves to Brooklyn. Boooo, come to Astoria, Queens. :p

No Name Face
Apr 20th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Hmmm, that's exactly what I did a five years ago (upstate boonies to brooklyn).

Good luck! :hatoff:

thanks!

:tape: at queens. it's too far away from where i'm to be working.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 20th, 2007, 02:38 AM

I happen to live on the top floor in my building...one of the two largest apts in the building with a balcony and a sweeping view of Brooklyn...I like to think of it as the Penthouse...:angel:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 20th, 2007, 02:45 AM

You have got to be kidding me if you think the food in NYC is terrible...where the hell did your cheap ass eat? BBQ's? Try Indochine, The China Grill, Asia De Cuba, Butter, The Tribeca Grill, Lucy's Latin Kitche at Park and 18th Street...The Blue Oyster Grill and even the Coffee Shop on Union SQ...I could on for days...:rolleyes: Dont let me catch you in my city again you ungreatful bitch...:mad:

JK...hope you had fun...Holla atcha ya boi next time you come through and I'll show you around...let me take you to Da Hood...we grub on some soul food at Sylvia's up in Harlem then shake our asses at Mars 2112 or the Shelter...:hug:

piercerocks
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:02 AM
food in nyc bad? since when?? i love it!! NYC is my favorite city.. i live in the suburbs but i always enjoy it

NyCPsU
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:08 AM
:lol: the food in nyc bad :tape:

they would be in for a shock if they ate anywhere outside of nyc in the states...here at college in central pa i cant touch anything italian bc it doesnt even come close to what you can get in the city. i crave food from home soo badly, just 3 weeks and im home for the summer and im working downtown again this year :bounce:

and to stay on topic good luck with your move, im sure you wont be disappointed :D

Brett.
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:10 AM
So i've heard ... "no pecs, no sex" and all that. ;)

:haha:

You have got to be kidding me if you think the food in NYC is terrible...where the hell did your cheap ass eat? BBQ's? Try Indochine, The China Grill, Asia De Cuba, Butter, The Tribeca Grill, Lucy's Latin Kitche at Park and 18th Street...The Blue Oyster Grill and even the Coffee Shop on Union SQ...I could on for days...:rolleyes: Dont let me catch you in my city again you ungreatful bitch...:mad:

JK...hope you had fun...Holla atcha ya boi next time you come through and I'll show you around...let me take you to Da Hood...we grub on some soul food at Sylvia's up in Harlem then shake our asses at Mars 2112 or the Shelter...:hug:

Isn't that a gay club in New York? :lol: There was a movie called Police Academy where all police officers go to The Blue Oysters to dance with hairy daddies! :haha: :haha:

Hey guys, i will be in New York for few days in January or February! :D

Libertango
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Wooo I can't wait after all the food talk, I'm such a foodie! :p

So tell me ... best clubs?! ( ... gay) :bounce:

Lin Lin
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Good Luck! Hope You Can Find Your Gay Lover

Lin Lin
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Good Luck! Hope You Can Find Your Gay Lover

Libertango
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Awww, fankooo! :kiss:

Libertango
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Oooooo I just noticed that you're from Yantai, I spent 4 months there a few years ago, teaching english! Wooo :lol: (((random)))

NyCPsU
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Wooo I can't wait after all the food talk, I'm such a foodie! :p

So tell me ... best clubs?! ( ... gay) :bounce:

i was about to answer but i dont know the gay spots :lol: sorry, but if you want good normal clubs too let me know ;)

Libertango
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I go to "normal" clubs too! :)

NyCPsU
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I go to "normal" clubs too! :)

oh my bad i didnt mean anything by the word "normal" :o just differientiating;)

umm what kind of scene are you into? loud/noisy spots... more chill/calm lounge atmosphere? :)

Libertango
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Loudness lol ... I like electro/dance/indie/alternative stuff ... into BIG clubs if you know what I mean.

NyCPsU
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Loudness lol ... I like electro/dance/indie/alternative stuff ... into BIG clubs if you know what I mean.

me and my friends fav place is pacha...always a good time there...you like what i like and i love this place...jonathan peters(if youve ever heard of him) spins frequently here too

marquee is sick if you can get into it

avalon is a fav of mine...they do friday night lights which is a good event

webster hall is one of the biggest around but i personally can only take so much of it, definitely good to go to every now and then but not all the time...def a BIG club though

vesta is another good one...more low key than the others generally

they are all generally easy to get to also

mandy7
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:59 AM
ppl, the guy complaining abou tthe NYC food was FRENCH
they know nothing about food
they eat snails *puke*
bunch of posers

Libertango
Apr 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks so much for your suggestions NyCPsU! I've got itchy feet already :)

No Name Face
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM
i've been to the tribeca grill twice. that's where my job took me!

the city IS too loud, but i suppose i'll have to deal. i'm used to sleeping in the noiseless country, so...it'll be a hard adjustment.

MisterQ
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:13 PM
i've been to the tribeca grill twice. that's where my job took me!

the city IS too loud, but i suppose i'll have to deal. i'm used to sleeping in the noiseless country, so...it'll be a hard adjustment.

You just get used to it. :)

After a while you begin filtering out extraneous stimuli. People who come to the city for just a few days often leave exhausted because they never had time to make this adjustment. If you didn't do this, you'd go crazy. :lol:

There are also some apartments and blocks that are surprisingly quiet. Depends on the apartment construction and location...

Libertango
Apr 20th, 2007, 10:22 PM
:bounce:

Libertango
May 10th, 2007, 08:26 AM
So guys! CLUBS! where can I go to get pi$$ed and shake my ass?!?!

(P.S, into indie/electro/pop/house stuff ... and I'm gay) Oh and any "arty/fashion" clubs around???