PDA

View Full Version : Just witnessed an armed robbery!

Monica_Rules
Apr 19th, 2007, 01:31 PM
OMG i'd just popped down to my local supermarket to buy some bits and bobs when i was baout 5 meters from going through the front door i notced 3 men dressed all in black faces covered with balaclavas, 2 holdinh macheties and one with a sorn off shot gun:eek:

Two girls were standing in front of me and they went round to corner to phne the police so i joned them to avoid the incident.

There was one of the securior vans outside so obvs they were going to get the money going into the cash mashines in the store.

I heard some shouting from inside, then about a minute later they ran past me and got into a car.

Pretty scary stuff, i managed to get the number plate of the car they got into and gave that to the store workers.

First time i've ever seen anything like this

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 19th, 2007, 01:33 PM
:eek:

Marshmallow
Apr 19th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Hope no one was hurt. I haven't seen a shotgun or any gun in real life, and imagine i'd probably faint or something if i did see one - especially one used like this. :lol:

Anyway, i think you should talk about this a much as possible, just so you can vent and calm down quicker.

Monica_Rules
Apr 19th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah its the first time i'd seen a gun. I didn't notice it untill they were running away really, just saw the huge knives when they were going in and thought.

'Get the fuck out of here'

I don't think anyone was hurt at all, just people in shock i would have thought. By the time i left the police were there sorting it out. Hopefully as they have the cars number plate and colour/model they should be able to catsh, although i'm pretty sure they will change cars somewhere.

Marshmallow
Apr 19th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah its the first time i'd seen a gun. I didn't notice it untill they were running away really, just saw the huge knives when they were going in and thought.

Yep, i'd definitely have fainted :lol:

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 19th, 2007, 02:47 PM

'Get the fuck out of here'

I don't think anyone was hurt at all, just people in shock i would have thought. By the time i left the police were there sorting it out. Hopefully as they have the cars number plate and colour/model they should be able to catsh, although i'm pretty sure they will change cars somewhere.

might be on crimewatch

Monica_Rules
Apr 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM
That would be weird if in say 2 months i see a reconstruction of it.

Wonder who will play me? LOL!

fnuf7
Apr 19th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well done for you having the common sense to firstly stay out of there & also to get the police & number plates etc :yeah: I think a lot of people would probably freeze & forget about getting all that kind of stuff in the heat of the moment

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I was robbed at gun point in a barbershop in Harlem a few years back...A hispanic dude came into the shop..asked a question then walked out...it was about 9pm and for some reason I felt uncomfortable...next thing I know...he came back in...and turned the lock behind him and said...everyone to the back...I was so shocked I could not move...and that when he raised the gun and said...move to back and lie on the floor...He led us all to back...we layed on the floor...he started going through our pockets...took all my bling...and the money in pocket...It was the day before Summer Jam...a annual Hot 97 concert so I had just baught a hot new outfit for the concert...he too that too...:bigcry: ...right before he left...I heard a gunshot...and the guy that was right next to me sort of screamed...The guy had shot him...When he left...I was the first one to the phone and called the cops...I could barely stand up...it really hit me when all the police cars screeched to a halt infront of the barber shop and crowed started gathering...To this day...I wont sit in a barber shop in the hood...:scared:

Craigy
Apr 19th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Well done for getting the number plate :)

Rocketta
Apr 19th, 2007, 04:44 PM
First I'm shocked, gun violence in Europe? I thought that was an America only problem? :confused: :tape: ;)

Secondly, I'm glad that you were able to notice what was going on before entering the store and that you had enough wits about you to get the plate number. Good Job! :clap2:

"Sluggy"
Apr 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Why do these things keep happening to you, you might want to ask yourselves that!

James
Apr 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Why do these things keep happening to you, you might want to ask yourselves that!

Ironic you would choose that approach, when you were against the notion earlier. And didn't he say it was the first time it happened to him?

MistyGrey
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:21 PM
:hug:
and good job wuth the numberplate!

Monica_Rules
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:50 PM

These things keep happening to me? Its the first time in my life ive witnessed a crime.

I was so annoyed that i didn't have my mobile phone with me. One of the few times i've left my house without it. I could have phoned the police straight away gave them the number plate and said go get them.

The car was probably stolen BUT with all the CCTV cameras the guys could have been caught.

I thought i'd been very calm, my heart was going quicker but i felt calm and collected.

Hope the guys get caught now.

Kart
Apr 19th, 2007, 10:32 PM

Possibly the best post ever.

Yasmine
Apr 19th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Well done for you having the common sense to firstly stay out of there & also to get the police & number plates etc :yeah: I think a lot of people would probably freeze & forget about getting all that kind of stuff in the heat of the moment
:worship: definitely! and having the guts to give it all to the police, I know a lot of cowards wouldn't have done just fearing they would get in trouble ;)

Yasmine
Apr 19th, 2007, 11:03 PM
You're doing some recycling Sluggy? :devil: :lol:

Monica_Rules
Apr 19th, 2007, 11:48 PM

Have i missed something?

Sally Struthers
Apr 19th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Have i missed something?

"things" always happen to Sluggy that are mostly his fault and he reports them here :lol:

Monica_Rules
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Ah ok. Thanx

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Ironic you would choose that approach, when you were against the notion earlier. And didn't he say it was the first time it happened to him?

It just makes me either (i) doubt the veracity of the account; or (2) wonder how the poster got themself into that position. Maybe it says something about who they are?

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:08 AM

Without a doubt.

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:10 AM
These things keep happening to me? Its the first time in my life ive witnessed a crime.

Is that because you've never left your house? Because you live in a very safe area rather than a majour city? You don't think that you attracted the crime to you, right? Usually we don't blame the victim, or? :confused:

Yasmine
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Without a doubt.
has noone opened a poll yet? :p

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:11 AM
"things" always happen to Sluggy that are mostly his fault and he reports them here :lol:

See that's not fair. :(

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:11 AM
It just makes me either (i) doubt the veracity of the account; or (2) wonder how the poster got themself into that position. Maybe it says something about who they are?

The veracity of the account isn't all that doubtful. They way it was told was pretty genuine. Things happen to people for a reason, there is always a lesson to be learned, but you act as if he continually gets robbed, which was clearly not the case.

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Is that because you've never left your house? Because you live in a very safe area rather than a majour city? You don't think that you attracted the crime to you, right? Usually we don't blame the victim, or? :confused:

Look who is filling in the situation, that says a lot about you actually.

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:17 AM
The veracity of the account isn't all that doubtful. They way it was told was pretty genuine.

It might not be entirely doubtful, but there is nothing to lead one reasonably to either believe or not believe this anonymous post on the internet.

Things happen to people for a reason, there is always a lesson to be learned, but you act as if he continually gets robbed, which was clearly not the case.

What you mean is that SOME things happen for a reason. to illustrate that let's look at what happened to me yesterday. I came out of my house and saw enormous rat flattened on the street. Why did I see it? cause it was there. Nobody ran over the rat so I would see it, it just happened. it was happenstance, not part of a grander scheme. Some things happen for a reason and some things dont.

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Look who is filling in the situation, that says a lot about you actually.

It shows that I learn from new input and information, I synthesize it and then grow from it, and later, use it to analyze new information for ... the sole purpose of clearly understanding things the best way I can.

mandy7
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:23 AM
@ Sluggy, shut your face!

@ James, kunnen jullie die debiel niet van het forum flikkeren?

@ Monica Rules,
great job with the numberplate
and even greater job not wanting to be a hero :yeah:

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:26 AM
It might not be entirely doubtful, but there is nothing to lead one reasonably to either believe or not believe this anonymous post on the internet.

Fair enough, yet I found the account to be genuine.

What you mean is that SOME things happen for a reason. to illustrate that let's look at what happened to me yesterday. I came out of my house and saw enormous rat flattened on the street. Why did I see it? cause it was there. Nobody ran over the rat so I would see it, it just happened. it was happenstance, not part of a grander scheme. Some things happen for a reason and some things dont.

If I had meant some, I would have typed that word. All things happen for a reason, some hold more significance than others maybe.

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:27 AM
It shows that I learn from new input and information, I synthesize it and then grow from it, and later, use it to analyze new information for ... the sole purpose of clearly understanding things the best way I can.

That is one way of looking at it. To me it came across as jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts.

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:27 AM
@ Sluggy, shut your face!

@ James, kunnen jullie die debiel niet van het forum flikkeren?

@ Monica Rules,
great job with the numberplate
and even greater job not wanting to be a hero :yeah:

Not wanting to be a hero? :lol: How can you give someone credit for not wanting to be a hero? what else could they have done? :help:

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:29 AM
That is one way of looking at it. To me it came across as jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts.

but of course, you never do that, right? :lol:

At least one poster told me repeatedly that mean people who hurt others are to blame for the bad acts, not the victims. But then a guy like you come along and says that the victim should ask themselves why things happened - in essence you blame the victim. Except when it's this other poster and not me. :o

mandy7
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Not wanting to be a hero? :lol: How can you give someone credit for not wanting to be a hero? what else could they have done? :help:

Running into a store where a armed robbery to save the day, is STUPID.
and i'm giving Monica Rules credit, for not being that type of person.

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:35 AM
but of course, you never do that, right? :lol:

At least one poster told me repeatedly that mean people who hurt others are to blame for the bad acts, not the victims. But then a guy like you come along and says that the victim should ask themselves why things happened - in essence you blame the victim. Except when it's this other poster and not me. :o

Now where did I say I never did that? I am actually quite good at filling in situations and getting things the wrong way, mostly causing bad feelings for myself.

I also did not say the victim was to blame. I said there is a lesson to be learned from every situation.

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Running into a store where a armed robbery to save the day, is STUPID.
and i'm giving Monica Rules credit, for not being that type of person.

Is MR a police officer? Who else would do that except a police officer?

mandy7
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Is MR a police officer? Who else would do that except a police officer?

Plenty of ppl unfortunately.

Yasmine
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I can't believe that thread has turned into a "sluggy seeking attention" one :rolleyes: when the poster of this thread was very brave in what he did with that robery :worship:

Grohl
Apr 20th, 2007, 09:16 AM
:lol: @ Sluggy
for trying to make us disbelieve Monica Rulez
while he's the one none of us believe anymore :lol:

Monica_Rules
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Of course i leave the house, i'm in uni in Manchester in the UK which is a pretty big city in the UK. Home though is the country side in north wales so i don't come into contact with a lot of crime there.

I think i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I go to this supermarket 2/3 times a week to buy something cos its a 3 min walk from my uni house and i've never seen anything like this there before. I have heard of some guy going in there bout 3 years ago with a knife and making a mess, no one was hurt though.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:30 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: Nobody cares that I almost got killed and my outfit stolen... :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

mandy7
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:38 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: Nobody cares that I almost got killed and my outfit stolen... :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

What were you wearing?
If it's anything decent, i might start caring :awww:

Monica_Rules
Apr 20th, 2007, 12:39 PM

Yeah forgot to say, you experience sounds 100 times worse than mine. In that situation i would have shat myself.

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Of course i leave the house, i'm in uni in Manchester in the UK which is a pretty big city in the UK. Home though is the country side in north wales so i don't come into contact with a lot of crime there.

I think i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I go to this supermarket 2/3 times a week to buy something cos its a 3 min walk from my uni house and i've never seen anything like this there before. I have heard of some guy going in there bout 3 years ago with a knife and making a mess, no one was hurt though.

Oh, so there was another crime you almost witnessed that occurred a few years ago.. Ok.

And you have never had a friend heard about or witnessed a mishap?

Grohl
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Oh, so there was another crime you almost witnessed that occurred a few years ago.. Ok.

what are you trying to do? :confused:

mandy7
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:17 PM

No, there has been a guy with a knife, messing the same store up a few years ago
M R wasn't even near the store when that happened

are you trying to blame Monica Rules for the robbery?

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:37 PM

You have a talent of reading things wrong it seems. And in trying to make a thread about you for that matter.

Craigy
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Well this thread seems to have gone downhill :lol:

"Sluggy"
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
No, there has been a guy with a knife, messing the same store up a few years ago
M R wasn't even near the store when that happened

are you trying to blame Monica Rules for the robbery?

It just doesn't sound believeable, i mean a crime happening and someone witnesssing it ... in this day and age?

mandy7
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:25 PM
:rolleyes: you really do live in a cage somewhere

i've been robbed myself, that's a crime, i witnessed it
:shrug:

if you wanna tlak about things that do not sound believable, i suggest you read back all your CRAP! 90% of your posts are lies, lies and more lies
the other 10% is just normal BULLSHIT!

:D

alright, 'that's it for me, it's weekend now :D

rockstar
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
:hug:
and good job wuth the numberplate!

i agree :)

Grohl
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:29 PM
It just doesn't sound believeable, i mean a crime happening and someone witnesssing it ... in this day and age?
owh please
you're the king of posting crap
I don't believe anything of what you post
and there are more that don't believe you
so you are not in the position to have doubts about this person

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:41 PM

You are very good at baiting it seems.

James
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Last time I looked this was still an armed robbery thread. Let's try and head back to that topic.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:26 PM
What were you wearing?
If it's anything decent, i might start caring :awww:

No..I had just gotten back from shopping for concert...:sobbing: :sobbing:

Monica_Rules
Apr 20th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Oh god you are a lot of work:rolleyes:

No of course i have heard of crimes happening where i llive before but this is the first crime i have seen with my own eyes and have been telling other people about it.

I live in the student area of Manchester and girls seemed to get raped here all the time, at least 1 every month. But i've only heard about them.

I can't remember any of my friends saying they saw something liek this no.

Sally Struthers
Apr 20th, 2007, 06:19 PM
No..I had just gotten back from shopping for concert...:sobbing: :sobbing:

I was going to ask you why you didnt' whip out your little black gun but then I thought better of it :o :armed: :lol:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 20th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I was going to ask you why you didnt' whip out your little black gun but then I thought better of it :o :armed: :lol:

Guns are scary...:scared: