PDA

View Full Version : The sad irony of life.....

Jakeev
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I was just reading the story of Virginia Tech shotgun victim Liviu Librescu, a Holocaust survivor, and it really just hit me how precious the gift of life really is.

The man saw probably more unspeakable atrocities in a short span of time than most of us will ever see in a lifetime and to have his life snuffed out in an instant in a more "civilized" land really is a tragedy.

Librescu died a hero, but it just makes you shake your head that it doesn't matter what part of the planet we live on, life really is precious and it can be taken from us at any moment.

God bless him and all the other's victims families.......

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:27 AM
True.
Librescu died a hero and to me a martyr for standing up to probably the purest evil he's ever and anyone might ever see face to face.
Once he made that decision to protect his students, he knew his life was over.

I don't know many who have the strength to do what he did in that moment of time but to see that someone has the ability even in this day and age gives me hope for the fellow man.

It reminds me of the girl who died in Columbine after she wouldn't deny her belief in Christ.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Jakeev.... I recommend you to read Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl... he was a holocaust survivor too and his best selling book is a must read for people before they die.. I really recommend you to get it on your next trip to Barnes and Nobles..

Jakeev
Apr 19th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Jakeev.... I recommend you to read Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl... he was a holocaust survivor too and his best selling book is a must read for people before they die.. I really recommend you to get it on your next trip to Barnes and Nobles..

Will do thank you for the tip

Sam L
Apr 19th, 2007, 02:40 PM
RIP! :sad: Why this man of all people? :mad:

Monica_Rules
Apr 19th, 2007, 02:43 PM
It always seems to happen to good people.

I heard aswell that as he was of romanian decent he suffered some kind of suppression in romania after the war? Can't remember the details.

He truly is a hero

tennislover
Apr 19th, 2007, 02:49 PM
:worship: