PDA

View Full Version : Poland and Ukraine host Euro 2012

Jakub
Apr 18th, 2007, 10:05 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Poland and Ukraine have been chosen to host the 2012 European Championships.

Italy were widely expected to win the Uefa vote in Cardiff, with another joint bid from Croatia and Hungary also in the running.

However, Italy's bid was overshadowed by last season's referee corruption scandal and their on-going problems with football-related crowd trouble.
It will be the first time that either Poland or Ukraine have hosted a major football championship.
Their bid team staged an impressive presentation on Tuesday, featuring Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko, Liverpool keeper Jerzy Dudek as well as boxer Vitali Klitschko, former Olympic champion Sergei Bubka and Ukraine president Victor Yushchenko.
Nonetheless, the bid was still considered the outsider of the three, partly because of a recent match-fixing scandal in Poland.
The Polish government has also been warned by Uefa and Fifa about political interference in the country's football governing body.
Games will be played in four Ukrainian cities (Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kiev and Lviv) and six Polish venues (Gdansk, Krakow, Poznan, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Chorzow).

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

aussie_fan
Apr 18th, 2007, 10:17 AM
that great news for poland and ukraine! would of been silly to give to italy after all the crowd trouble they have had.

adam_ads_n
Apr 18th, 2007, 10:24 AM
superb news! All the Poles here - let's meet in Euro 2012 :D

TTomek
Apr 18th, 2007, 10:39 AM
:woohoo:!!!

I will for sure be in Poznań!!!

Myron.Bolitar
Apr 18th, 2007, 10:53 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: It's one of the most important days in our history after 1989 :bounce:

Results : Poland&Ukraine - 8 votes, Italy - 4, Hungary&Croatia - 0

kittyking
Apr 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Ever seen ive been a member of wtaworld I have had a renewed respect for people in Poland. So well done Poland!!!!

(also congratulations to Ukraine)

Lunaris
Apr 18th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Congrats to you guys. May I ask whether you are going to construct new stadiums or are there some already? I have no idea and would like to know. :o

Lord Nelson
Apr 18th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Congrats to you guys. May I ask whether you are going to construct new stadiums or are there some already? I have no idea and would like to know. :o

Ukraine and Poland are huge nations and will have enough cities to construct statiums. The problem I guess is there needs to be political initative. I predict that construction will be delayed and everything will then be done in a hurry. Anyway right now I am focused on the EURO in Switzerland and oh yeah also Austria. ;)

Dexter
Apr 18th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Yikes!! :woohoo:

I hate football and so on but it's a great news for Poland & Ukraine. So happy! :bounce: Congrats to you guys. May I ask whether you are going to construct new stadiums or are there some already? I have no idea and would like to know. :oOf course there are not yet. :haha: Some great projects though... as always is the case. :tape: But this time they HAVE TO build them.

Iorhael
Apr 18th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Yikes!! :woohoo:

I hate football and so on but it's a great news for Poland & Ukraine. So happy! :bounce: Of course there are not yet. :haha: Some great projects though... as always is the case. :tape: But this time they HAVE TO build them.
Poznań already has almost half of the stadium.:p

Jakub
Apr 18th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Gdańsk has a project of stadium
Baltic Arena will look like this
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/past_future/pictures/future_stadiums/gdansk_lechii.shtml ;)

jellybelly
Apr 18th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Well looks like Ukraine is joining Poland as a West follower. Putin will not be happy when Ukraine joins EU

TTomek
Apr 18th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Poznań already has almost half of the stadium.:p
true

stadium in Poznań will be ready in 2009 ;)

jamatthews
Apr 18th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Wow congrats. I wonder if we'll have a decent manager by then so we can take part. :hehehe:

Lunaris
Apr 18th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Gdańsk has a project of stadium
Baltic Arena will look like this
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/past_future/pictures/future_stadiums/gdansk_lechii.shtml ;)
:hearts: , although it always looks great on a paper. I assume it's gonna be quite costly but the spent money should return eventually. Anyway I wish you a successful EURO and good results for polish team. :)

edit: Another question, I heard there is a stadium for 70000 people in Warszawa. If it's true, it's gonna be reconstructed or are they gonna build a brand new one?

Monica_Rules
Apr 18th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Would be good to see Ireland, Scotland and Wales host it one year, even just one of them with Wales.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 18th, 2007, 02:10 PM
that great news for poland and ukraine! would of been silly to give to italy after all the crowd trouble they have had.

:confused:
do you thin poland it's better?:confused:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Apr 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Poland - Ukraine :yeah:

Italy... :haha:

DuLeafs
Apr 18th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Very good for Ukraine :D

I just cant understand why everyone expected Italy to be chosen after this fucked up shit with the attendance in Catania recently :rolleyes:

Lunatiq
Apr 18th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Ever seen ive been a member of wtaworld I have had a renewed respect for people in Poland. So well done Poland!!!!

(also congratulations to Ukraine)

thanx;)

NAT
Apr 18th, 2007, 03:39 PM
To dobrze! I have been to the last two World Cups in Europe (France, Germany) and will definitely be in Poland/Ukraine. It is a boost for both nations. My wife is from Poland, I have spent a lot of time there. The infrastructure is (or will be in place). Still some work needed on some highways, stadiums should not be a problem. Polish crowds can be volatile, but hopefully national pride and preparation will win out over any problems.

Dexter
Apr 18th, 2007, 04:20 PM
edit: Another question, I heard there is a stadium for 70000 people in Warszawa. If it's true, it's gonna be reconstructed or are they gonna build a brand new one?Of course there is!................... Currently the biggest bazaar in Europe. :tape: (not course about the capacity though).

http://raider55.blox.pl/resource/img1.jpg

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 18th, 2007, 04:31 PM
That's amazing, we were at Polish lesson and suddenly one of my friends screamed: we have Euro :D
Luckily I leave in one of the cities that will host Euro so there's a possibility I watch some matches live :D
I can't wait to see those stadiums built :rolls: Right now we have NOTHING :lol: Oh I won't mention our poor communication :tape:

Dexter
Apr 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM
That's amazing, we were at Polish lesson and suddenly one of my friends screamed: we have Euro :D
Luckily I leave in one of the cities that will host Euro so there's a possibility I watch some matches live :D
I can't wait to see those stadiums built :rolls: Right now we have NOTHING :lol: Oh I won't mention our poor communication :tape:I just imagined how our cities gonna look like in 2011 when they eventually start to do something. :haha:

TTomek
Apr 18th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Very good for Ukraine :D

I just cant understand why everyone expected Italy to be chosen after this fucked up shit with the attendance in Catania recently :rolleyes:
I was sure Croatia/Hungary will win

and was sure Italy will not win

CooCooCachoo
Apr 18th, 2007, 05:09 PM
That's cool :) Should be a great boost to local economies. I am glad it didn't go to Italy, though CRO/HUN would have been cool too :)

tennismaster8820
Apr 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Congrats to Poland and Ukraine! :D

Fire_Fox
Apr 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Oh my f@cking God!!! :bounce:
At last I will see a great event in my country. And it`s football, my second favourite kind of spots:woohoo: I adore it!
I for sure will see all matches in my towm. There will be some group matches, one quarterfinal and semifinal in Donetsk!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: