PDA

View Full Version : 'Speed Racer' Finds Its Trixie in Christina Ricci

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Christina Ricci will play love interest Trixie in the Wachowski Brothers' big screen version of "Speed Racer."

But there's still no answer as to who will play the mysterious Racer X!

"Speed Racer" -- or "Mach Go Go Go" if you want to be old school about it -- was created by Tatsuo Yoshida and premiered as an anime series in Japan in 1967. American audiences fell in love with the speedy dubbing and catchy theme song. The cartoon's story centers on a teenaged Speed Racer (Emile Hirsch) who encounters intrigue and danger on his road to racing glory. He is aided by parents Mom (Susan Sarandon) and Pops Racer (John Goodman), girlfriend Trixie (Christina Ricci), little brother Spritle, his monkey Chim Chim and the mechanic Sparky.

"I'm just really excited and kind of nervous and sort of overwhelmed by the whole experience," Ricci says in an interview posted on YouTube. "I love the Wachowskis and have loved their movies and to get to be in one of their movies is so exciting."

Production on "Speed Racer" will begin this summer in Germany. Warner Bros. has already staked out a May 9, 2008 release date for the movie.

Ricci earned respectful reviews for her starring turn in "Black Snake Moan" earlier this year and will next be seen as the title character in "Penelope." "Speed Racer" will join "The Addams Family" films and "Casper" on her TV-to-movies resume.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 06:29 AM
How can this movie go wrong with one of my all time fave cartoons and one of my all time fave actresses:lol: :worship:

Imperfect Angel
Apr 17th, 2007, 06:34 AM
hmmm...is christina ricci the one who always looks creepy & gloomy,and also has a big forehead like martina hingis?:p

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 06:50 AM
hmmm...is christina ricci the one who always looks creepy & gloomy,and also has a big forehead like martina hingis?:p

Not anymore..well...unless you count the movie CURSED :p

RVD
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Christina Ricci will play love interest Trixie in the Wachowski Brothers' big screen version of "Speed Racer."

But there's still no answer as to who will play the mysterious Racer X!

"Speed Racer" -- or "Mach Go Go Go" if you want to be old school about it -- was created by Tatsuo Yoshida and premiered as an anime series in Japan in 1967. American audiences fell in love with the speedy dubbing and catchy theme song. The cartoon's story centers on a teenaged Speed Racer (Emile Hirsch) who encounters intrigue and danger on his road to racing glory. He is aided by parents Mom (Susan Sarandon) and Pops Racer (John Goodman), girlfriend Trixie (Christina Ricci), little brother Spritle, his monkey Chim Chim and the mechanic Sparky.

"I'm just really excited and kind of nervous and sort of overwhelmed by the whole experience," Ricci says in an interview posted on YouTube. "I love the Wachowskis and have loved their movies and to get to be in one of their movies is so exciting."

Production on "Speed Racer" will begin this summer in Germany. Warner Bros. has already staked out a May 9, 2008 release date for the movie.

Ricci earned respectful reviews for her starring turn in "Black Snake Moan" earlier this year and will next be seen as the title character in "Penelope." "Speed Racer" will join "The Addams Family" films and "Casper" on her TV-to-movies resume. Man! I can't wait!!
I don't care if this film is good or bad. I'm gonna go see it the moment it hits the big screen. The best period of my life included watching Speed Racer. And the fact that Christina Ricci is in it is just icing on the cake for me. I just love that girl's fo'head. :haha:

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Okay, since I've already pretty much proven I'm the biggest geek on WTAWorld, I can't tell you how eagerly I'm looking forward to this movie.

My sons and I race as The Go Team in our Formula De League (a board game based on Formula One racing). We even have miniature race cars painted as the Mach IV (crashed by Rex Racer), the Mach V and the Shooting Star.

chapel
Apr 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM
....here he comes. here comes speed racer.....

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2007, 02:07 PM
... but the question remains: who will play Spridle and Chim Chim? :confused: :p

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I heard Don Imus is being considered for the role of Chim-Chim.

darrinbaker00
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Man! I can't wait!!
I don't care if this film is good or bad. I'm gonna go see it the moment it hits the big screen. The best period of my life included watching Speed Racer. And the fact that Christina Ricci is in it is just icing on the cake for me. I just love that girl's fo'head. :haha:
Have you seen the "Underdog" trailer yet, RVD? S-U-C-K-S!! The dog doesn't speak in rhyme. HOW CAN UNDERDOG NOT SPEAK IN RHYME? :fiery:

darrinbaker00
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:57 PM
....here he comes. here comes speed racer.....
The original Japanese version is better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VN2mxMnzE

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Okay, since I've already pretty much proven I'm the biggest geek on WTAWorld, I can't tell you how eagerly I'm looking forward to this movie.

My sons and I race as The Go Team in our Formula De League (a board game based on Formula One racing). We even have miniature race cars painted as the Mach IV (crashed by Rex Racer), the Mach V and the Shooting Star.

Here i thought that was my title :p

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Have you seen the "Underdog" trailer yet, RVD? S-U-C-K-S!! The dog doesn't speak in rhyme. HOW CAN UNDERDOG NOT SPEAK IN RHYME? :fiery:

What? WHAT? That's horrible. Next thing you know he'll be calling Sweet Polly Purebred a "floppy-eared 'ho!"

:eek:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:39 PM
What? WHAT? That's horrible. Next thing you know he'll be calling Sweet Polly Purebred a "floppy-eared 'ho!"

:haha:

darrinbaker00
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:46 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Not only that, but WADA will probably make Underdog pee in a cup. Those Super Energy Pills have SOMETHING in them. ;)