PDA

View Full Version : And in more lighthearted news...what do you do with 200 cats?

Tennis Fool
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:22 AM
You wallow in their feces of course :D

Man Arrested in Feces-Filled Home
- - - - - - - - - - - -

April 16,2007 | OCALA, Fla. -- A man living in a home with a layer of animal feces between 2 and 3 inches deep and as many as 300 cats, both alive and dead, was arrested Friday, authorities said.

Jonathan Terpstra, 61, was charged with 55 counts of animal cruelty, two counts of tampering with evidence and one count of resisting without violence, the Ocala Star-Banner reported.

Authorities had to break some windows to ventilate the home. Oxygen levels inside the home were low and ammonia levels extremely high, said Lt. Ron Baroni, with Marion County Fire Rescue.

Animal feces also was backed up in corners and crevices, Baroni said.
One deputy told the paper that when he arrived at the home, there were vultures feeding on a cat carcass and more vultures on the rooftop.

Animal control officials removed at least 80 cats from the home by Friday evening, said Dennis Underwood, an animal control field supervisor with the county's Code Enforcement Department. The animals were being examined, Underwood said.

Terpstra was being held at the Marion County jail on $1,000 bond.

-salon.com

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Lovely.

Anyone also lost apetite for an undefined period?

dybbuk
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:26 AM
:o

poor cats :sad:

mykarma
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:28 AM
You wallow in their feces of course :D

Man Arrested in Feces-Filled Home
- - - - - - - - - - - -

April 16,2007 | OCALA, Fla. -- A man living in a home with a layer of animal feces between 2 and 3 inches deep and as many as 300 cats, both alive and dead, was arrested Friday, authorities said.

Jonathan Terpstra, 61, was charged with 55 counts of animal cruelty, two counts of tampering with evidence and one count of resisting without violence, the Ocala Star-Banner reported.

Authorities had to break some windows to ventilate the home. Oxygen levels inside the home were low and ammonia levels extremely high, said Lt. Ron Baroni, with Marion County Fire Rescue.

Animal feces also was backed up in corners and crevices, Baroni said.
One deputy told the paper that when he arrived at the home, there were vultures feeding on a cat carcass and more vultures on the rooftop.

Animal control officials removed at least 80 cats from the home by Friday evening, said Dennis Underwood, an animal control field supervisor with the county's Code Enforcement Department. The animals were being examined, Underwood said.

Terpstra was being held at the Marion County jail on $1,000 bond.

-salon.com
They need to burn that house down. So much for the property value in that neighborhood.

venus_rulez
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:31 AM
That is sick!! How could that man live in those conditions, like literally how is that possible?

Tennis Fool
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:45 AM
That is sick!! How could that man live in those conditions, like literally how is that possible?
My theory? Extreme case of OCD, he took in one cat, then felt compelled to take in another. Soon he not only did he hoard cats, he couldn't get rid of their feces.

antonella
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Well, look at the bright side, at least he didn't have to worry about mice.

Apoleb
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Is that supposed to be lighthearted?

égalité
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:49 AM
wowwww

Tennis Fool
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Is that supposed to be lighthearted?
Sarcasm.

LoveFifteen
Apr 17th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Why the fuck do stories like this even get printed? This isn't even worthy of news. If I don't wipe my ass for a year, can some journalist write a story about me?

cellophane
Apr 17th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Why the fuck do stories like this even get printed? This isn't even worthy of news. If I don't wipe my ass for a year, can some journalist write a story about me?

Because they have a shit fetish? :shrug:

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I don't really like cats...so 200 of them would be my own personal hell :eek: