PDA

View Full Version : Should I eat my Pineapple Cubes? They're by their sell-by-date

Kenneth Pope
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I was about to have them with my ice-cream but I just looked and the 'use by date' was two weeks ago.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I was about to have them with my ice-cream but I just looked and the 'use by date' was two weeks ago.
Gimme a couple of weeks...and let me do some research...:D

Princeza
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM
That's such a huge problem.

Kenneth Pope
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:41 PM
It's Strawberry ice-cream. Just in case it makes a difference to how you would vote.

Helen Lawson
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Two weeks is too long.

Kenneth Pope
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Two weeks is too long.

I thought they was just precautionary warnings and that the food it lasted for longer? That the food company just add those dates to make you buy more food. Or maybe that is just a urban legend.

Helen Lawson
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I thought they was just precautionary warnings and that the food it lasted for longer? That the food company just add those dates to make you buy more food. Or maybe that is just a urban legend.

Fruit after a week or so, I've done it, it's ok. Fruit is not meat. But two weeks, that's really too long. I don't think you'll get like samonella or anything deadly, but it's just pinapple chunks, why risk it? When in doubt, toss them!

Talula
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:52 PM
That reminds me of a wonderful song from the stage version of Cabaret - now running in London.

The moral of the song is: eat the pineapple before it is too late.

Kenneth Pope
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:56 PM
That reminds me of a wonderful song from the stage version of Cabaret - now running in London.

The moral of the song is: eat the pineapple before it is too late.

:lol: Did you attend Roedean? ;) :)