PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Egg Style?

controlfreak
Apr 16th, 2007, 02:37 PM
wait for the poll

*abby*
Apr 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
i chose soft boiled (has to be with soldiers
but a friend egg sandwich with ketchup and runny yoke is just heaven!

Martian KC
Apr 16th, 2007, 02:42 PM
God, I love eggs!

Anything but raw. Ew.

"Sluggy"
scrambled soft with cheese, poached, or on bread with a hole in it and the egg broken and put in the hole.

MLF
Scrambled egg & toast is just about my favourite breakfast.

mc8114
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM
scrambled eggs

Grohl
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
boiled soft
so I can dip my sandwich in it :drool:

Barrie_Dude
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
We refer to it as overlight

mc8114
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:14 PM
boiled soft
so I can dip my sandwich in it :drool: nah, scrambled are better :p

i dont eat eggs often though

-Ph51-
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
poched with caviar :o :lol:

Craigy
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Scrambled and Omelettified

FrenchY52
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I don't like eggs too much but i'd say Fried with some Tomato Sauce, or Omelette

JuchuKai
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:27 PM
boiled hard with mustard :drool:

Lulu.
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Scrambled eggs with hot sauce :drool:

Pengwin
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Fertilized

timafi
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM
god am so allergic to eggs:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

shirley
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I love eggs!

I like scrambled, hard boiled (don't like a runny yolk) and fried eggs

Monica_Rules
Apr 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Soft boiled and poached for me.

I hate fried eggs! Yuck!

rockwithme
Apr 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM
poached and fried, both with runny yolks :drool:

vegetable omelettes are yum too

ce
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Scrambled:drool:

jes_022
Apr 16th, 2007, 07:19 PM
If there's something I can't stomach, it's runny & soft boiled eggs :tape:

Scrambled and hard boiled for me.

Dexter
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I hate eggs.

ico4498
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
sunny side up.

The Daviator
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I hate eggs.

Same.

.Andrew.
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Sunny-side up. I like to dip my bread in the center :p

Kart
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Fertilized

I'm surprised it took 15 posts for someone to make that gag.

Scrambled for me though I'm quite picky about how I like them done.

Sally Struthers
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:15 PM
scrambled with truffles shaved on top :drool:

fnuf7
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Scrambled, soft boiled or fried (but only fried on one side & for as short a time as possible, I like runny yolks!) :)

I'm a bit weird with eggs though cos I despise egg white, I always cut it off my fried egg & leave it, leave it & only eat the yolk when I have a boiled egg & leave most of the uncooked white in the shell when I make scrambled...I just hate the stuff, it doesn't taste of anything & is just slimy & horrid...egg yolk though is one of the most delicious things ever :lick:

Stamp Paid
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:28 PM
This thread just made me sooo hungry! :drool: I love my eggs seasoned with salt, pepper, a bit of garlic, a tiny bit of onion powder, scrambled soft (just a tiny bit runny - don't kill the eggs) with cheese. However, if I'm eating the eggs as part of a full breakfast, no garlic and no onion.

antonella
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:41 PM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/120217/2/istockphoto_120217_fried_eggs_sunny_side_up.jpg

I for the life of me can figure out how ppl can eat this sort of thing. You get the runny sticky yolk that falls all over the place..gross!! and even worst!! there is that semi-hard yellowish 'pad' underneath the egg yolk that is indescibably nauseous in taste and texture and something I wouldn't even feed to a dog. Do any of you actually eat the pad??:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

fnuf7
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I for the life of me can figure out how ppl can eat this sort of thing. You get the runny sticky yolk that falls all over the place..gross!! and even worst!! there is that semi-hard yellowish 'pad' underneath the egg yolk that is indescibably nauseous in taste and texture and something I wouldn't even feed to a dog. Do any of you actually eat the pad??:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

The pad is one of my favourite bits! It's best if you have a runny egg (cos then you can dunk chips or bread or whatever) & then you get "the pad" as an extra :lick: It goes really well with chips in a sandwich :yeah:

controlfreak
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I knew this would be a good thread with some mileage in it! I have been having a love affair with scrambled eggs recently, especially mixed with cottage cheese and served on toast or pitta bread. Next best thing would have to be a hard or slightly soft boiled one; occasionally fried but only in a sandwich.

fnuf7
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I knew this would be a good thread with some mileage in it! I have been having a love affair with scrambled eggs recently, especially mixed with cottage cheese and served on toast or pitta bread. Next best thing would have to be a hard or slightly soft boiled one; occasionally fried but only in a sandwich.

I'm too fussy about my eggs, as well as my previously mentioned "thing" about egg white, I have a thing about what I eat with eggs...I hate salt, pepper or any other flavouring being added either during cooking or afterwards, the only thing I'll tolerate is ketchup with scrambled egg & that's only if I'm having sauages with it :)

You know what should have been on the list though, french toast (or eggy bread as my Mum calls it) I love that stuff! :drool: :lick:

MisterQ
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Benedict :drool: (so poached, +)

Sally Struthers
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:35 AM
scrambled with a dollop of creme fraiche and a spoonful of caviar is good too :drool:

esquímaux
Apr 17th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Hard. :)..............:devil:

:o

AH85
Apr 17th, 2007, 11:47 AM
fried and flipped :) i don't have them that often, but they are the best. also another way is in an egg flip, you mix an egg with milk and stuff and it's like a shake, but the egg makes it more filling :D

Harju.
Apr 17th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I am always :scared: when I see people eating half boiled eggs.

Jakeev
Apr 17th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Omlettes of course but damn I love deviled eggs:drool:

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I am a master omelet maker, and could list many wonderful combos of mine, but I'll just give you one for now:

Omelet with green beans, tomatoes, and roquefort/blue cheese chunks. :D

FrOzon
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:40 PM
sunny side up.

I've just learned this English expression for a fried egg. It's really nice and descriptive! :)

In German, it is "Spiegelei" = "mirror egg" or in some regions "Ochsenauge" = "oxeye"/"bull's eye" as well.

Randy H
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Scrambled, soft boiled or fried (but only fried on one side & for as short a time as possible, I like runny yolks!) :)

I'm a bit weird with eggs though cos I despise egg white, I always cut it off my fried egg & leave it, leave it & only eat the yolk when I have a boiled egg & leave most of the uncooked white in the shell when I make scrambled...I just hate the stuff, it doesn't taste of anything & is just slimy & horrid...egg yolk though is one of the most delicious things ever :lick:

I'm picky when it comes to food in general really, but definitely with eggs as well...I love the yolk from fried eggs, but there's a really fine line between managing to keep the yolk soft, and having the egg white around it not fully cooked, and I hate that :o It totally grosses me out if there are bits of egg white around the yolk that aren't quite fully done cause that's when it gets especially slimy

Boiled eggs I am just put off by seeing people eat the egg with the shell still intact around it...Yuck! It needs to be removed entirely first, but still they aren't my fave in general

Omlettes and scrambled are both okay, just don't like runniness in scrambled...cheese is good with them, ketchup with scrambled is also sometimes acceptable if kept to a minimal ;)

Who knew so much effort was necessary to make an acceptably edible egg :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 09:34 PM
THE BOILED EGG ofcourse ;)

katya
Apr 17th, 2007, 09:42 PM
i do a good scrambled egg and i am going to try it with creme fraiche. who voted for their favourite egg to be raw?

controlfreak
Apr 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
If you want a new way to cook your eggs try this:

1. tie or glue a string firmly round your egg
2. poke a small hole in one end and a larger hole in the other end
3. lower the egg into boiling water
4. tow it round in circles underwater

The white should stream out continuously through the larger hole and turn into a poached string, while the yolk will remain trapped in the shell and eventually turn hard if you cook it for long enough. I've never tried this but I bet it would raise a few eyebrows in a fancy restaurant!

I will name my dish un oeuf is enough.

MAXSquared
Apr 20th, 2007, 01:38 PM
sunny side up with SnP

Mina Vagante
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:06 PM
lol fried