PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting coworkers

esquímaux
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I was checking out the Yahoo! tennis photo gallery at work today and snooty coworkers were looking over my shoulder gawking at the pictures and making comments about how hot so-and-so is without having any knowledge of who the player was. And then our supervisor comes over and says, "Hey look up Mauresmo. She looks like a dude." He then proceeded to make other disgusting comments that were seriously offensive. I truly admire Amelie and look up to her as a role model. These baboons cannot appreciate a woman who has struggled through numerous injuries in her career and attained the coveted rank of #1 in the WHOLE WORLD. But I gave a chuckle at their senseless wisecracks because I knew if I spoke my mind they'd all get weird. It's so sickening how heteorosexual pigs can be :tape: If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading my mindless ramblings and good luck coming up with any advice for this situation. :shrug::lol::p

"Sluggy"
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:16 PM
I've heard similar things in France, don't know their sexual orientation though.

matthias
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
idiots, just idiots

!<blocparty>!
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Still in Japan, being a weatherman? :kiss:

Babe, you should have fired open the Casey Dellacqua and Nicoletta Pratt pages instead. They'd have been :drool::drool::drool:in'. :hearts:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Still in Japan, being a weatherman? :kiss:

What? :speakles:

Meesh
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I saw the thread title and started to cringe... here is my office disgusting co-worker story:

Pot Luck lunches... they suck... I'm busy at work and cook for my family each night.. .the last thing I want to do is go home and cook a dish to bring into work the next day ... anyways.. .this chick that was coordinating it all... was putting stuff in and out of the microwave to heat things up about 15 minutes before the luncheon. so to test to see if it was done>............... SHE STUCK HER FINGER in each casserole dish, meat tray, etc... what makes it really disgusting is that she is one of the people that I see get out of bathroom stall and NOT WASH HER HANDS!!!!! :help:

--- anyway, back on your topic --> I don't have any advice on your idiot co-workers.... :(
but for me -- from now on I say I have to run an errand when we have a pot luck luncheon at my office!!!!

Darop.
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Ah, the tough world of in-the-closet gays :D

Lord Nelson
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:19 PM
What is wrong in saying how hot a player is???? I fail to see what is wrong with that. Maybe you are unique esqimaux and think that such behavior is harem. :lol:

Mauresmo does have manly feautures. It is a fact and what they were saying is true. I like her as a person but that does not stop her having manly feautures. Those guys don't follow womens so why would they know or care what injuries she has been through? Sorry but your comarades seem fine to me. I hope you have team spirit man otherwise hop, c'est la porte. ;)

TF Chipmunk
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Honestly, I think you're being the snooty one :shrug: it's natural to ogle at them and say they're hot. You, however, see them as heterosexual pigs because you feel that you are more enlightened about the tennis world than they are :o

But it's ok, we all get a little snooty from time to time ;)

!<blocparty>!
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Lord Nelson and TF Chipmunk - are you guys unable to read properly. Or something. :confused:

I was checking out the Yahoo! tennis photo gallery at work today and snooty coworkers were looking over my shoulder gawking at the pictures and making comments about how hot so-and-so is without having any knowledge of who the player was. And then our supervisor comes over and says, "Hey look up Mauresmo. She looks like a dude." He then proceeded to make other disgusting comments that were seriously offensive. I truly admire Amelie and look up to her as a role model. These baboons cannot appreciate a woman who has struggled through numerous injuries in her career and attained the coveted rank of #1 in the WHOLE WORLD. But I gave a chuckle at their senseless wisecracks because I knew if I spoke my mind they'd all get weird. It's so sickening how heteorosexual pigs can be :tape: If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading my mindless ramblings and good luck coming up with any advice for this situation. :shrug::lol::p

:shrug:

geoepee
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I saw the thread title and started to cringe... here is my office disgusting co-worker story:

Pot Luck lunches... they suck... I'm busy at work and cook for my family each night.. .the last thing I want to do is go home and cook a dish to bring into work the next day ... anyways.. .this chick that was coordinating it all... was putting stuff in and out of the microwave to heat things up about 15 minutes before the luncheon. so to test to see if it was done>............... SHE STUCK HER FINGER in each casserole dish, meat tray, etc... what makes it really disgusting is that she is one of the people that I see get out of bathroom stall and NOT WASH HER HANDS!!!!! :help:

--- anyway, back on your topic --> I don't have any advice on your idiot co-workers.... :(
but for me -- from now on I say I have to run an errand when we have a pot luck luncheon at my office!!!!
Pot Luck Terror!!! This topic should have a thread to itself! :)

I can't tell you how many horror stories I have about potlucks! Humans are greedy, filthy creatures and nothing confims that more than the antics of an office 'potluck'.......

One time I made a peach cobbler for potluck. One of my co-workers used her personal spoon, scooped from the cobbler, tasted the cobbler. Then with that same spoon with no washing and rinsing, proceeded to scoop more cobbler from the dish.

That's just one story. Don't get me started on the lady that bragged to everyone that her fried chicken was the best that was ever fried, yet it was underseasoned and pink on the inside. (Think Hottie from Flavor of Love season 1) blech.....

TF Chipmunk
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Lord Nelson and TF Chipmunk - are you guys unable to read properly. Or something. :confused:

:shrug:So we're persecuting people for speaking the truth now? :rolleyes:

!<blocparty>!
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:44 PM
So we're persecuting people for speaking the truth now? :rolleyes:

Right, so it's fine for people to make 'disgusting comments' that are 'seriously offensive' then is it? I hardly think Esqui'd have started a thread just because his coworkers said Amelie looks like a dude, there's more to it than that, like he said.

TF Chipmunk
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Right, so it's fine for people to make 'disgusting comments' that are 'seriously offensive' then is it? I hardly think Esqui'd have started a thread just because his cowoerkers said Amelie looks like a dude, there's more to it than that.I don't like the new "I have a job so I'm gonna be more mature" Tim :(

Helen Lawson
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I can't post on this board what some people I know have said about various tennis players, or I would get suspended, maybe even banned!

Lord Nelson
Apr 16th, 2007, 07:09 PM

:shrug:

Oh I read what the person said. What are those disgusting words? If they were so disgusting why didn't the person say what they said?? We only have one side of the story and frankly from what I read I see nothing wrong in her co workers behaviors. These things happens everywhere and even with the ladies. This is just ranting from someone who does not like straight men.

esquímaux
Apr 17th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Well I'm definitely appalled by the adverse replies and the badrep from Lord Nelson :o and *ROLLIN* @ the potluck stories :lol: I'm choosing not to regurgitate the offensive comments though. This thread is not an attempt to convince TF Chipmunk or Lord Nelson. TF Chipmunk and Lord Nelson, you guys are probably just like the guys I work with so I guess that excuses your objections. I just made a thread to vent the way how superficial and judging people can be based on another's appearance. Sue me? :shrug:

esquímaux
Apr 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Honestly, I think you're being the snooty one :shrug: it's natural to ogle at them and say they're hot. You, however, see them as heterosexual pigs because you feel that you are more enlightened about the tennis world than they are :o

But it's ok, we all get a little snooty from time to time ;)You know I absolutely agree with you :lol: I am being the snooty one :tape::lol: Unfortunately, I expect others to be as open-minded and indiscriminate as I am; especially when it comes to sexuality :o

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM

But it's ok, we all get a little snooty from time to time ;)

Rosepetal, I'm quite frankly shocked that you feel this way. :confused: :o

1. It is not natural to ogle women who are not posing for ogling. It may be natural to ogle swimsuit models, but it is disrespectful to treat women in general as sex objects.

2. This is inappropriate behavior for the office, by anyone.

3. Making insensitive and crude comments about somebody's personal life choices is done by insensitive and crude people; you can choose to be one of them or not, but recognize what you are choosing.

And as for you Esquimaux, standing by or pretending to agree with behavior that is offensive.... :o :(

No Name Face
Apr 17th, 2007, 02:26 PM
honestly, the only disgusting coworkers i can think of are the ones who take dumps in the bathrooms and don't wash their hands. when i interned this summer (at an investment bank) this happened all the time. and this is a culture where you shake hands A LOT. :scared:

Kart
Apr 17th, 2007, 02:28 PM
It's so sickening how heteorosexual pigs can be :tape:

I don't think it's any better when they're not heterosexual.

esquímaux
Apr 18th, 2007, 04:32 AM
And as for you Esquimaux, standing by or pretending to agree with behavior that is offensive.... :o :(Offensive or a defense mechanism? :o:o:o

hablo
Apr 18th, 2007, 04:53 AM
esquímaux :hug:

I mean it's one thing to put out that Momo has "masculine" features but it's another thing to say offensive things.

I would have said something to them though, but I can get pretty confrontational myself. I can't help it. :o:angel:

cellophane
Apr 18th, 2007, 05:10 AM
From your post, you are not making it clear whether your coworkers were putting down her looks or her sexuality. If it's just her looks, then while it may not be the mature thing to do, people do it all the time. You don't have to be straight or gay to insult someone's appearance. So I'm not sure if you are offended they made fun of her looks or whether it's more than that.