PDA

View Full Version : Sam's Ranking

ohgollymissmolik
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I thought I'd add a ranking thread. Sorry if there's already one but I couldn't find it. I figured it's easiest to have a dedicated one because I'm always searching or trying to remember which thread we last discussed her ranking.

Anyhow, Sammy's dropped to 2 in doubles. :(

I'm confused (nothing new there) about why she's dropped to Number 2 when she still has the same amount of points as Lisa? Is that because Lisa has played an extra tournament? Samopedia?

Also, to clarify - Fed Cup doesn't affect rankings in any way does it?

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:30 AM
She has also dropped to number 28 in singles!! I think she should start playing some lower tiers and hopefully win them!!! I wish she had played Prague!!!!!

Ben.
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:36 AM
well at least sammy & lisa will still be the world no.1 doubles team :)
and just to let you know, sammy has dropped one place down in the singles ranking from No.27 to No.28

and fed cup doesn't affect the rankings in anyway what so ever as you don't earn any rank pts individually. and yes sammy has dropped to No.2 in dubs cause sammy played AI dubs last year & this year she didn't so her tournament count dropped.

ohgollymissmolik
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:36 AM
It must be such a hard choice for her deciding the best way to move forward.

Obviously, she has to sacrifice some doubles rankings/tournaments in order to go higher in singles but even though I hate to say it, I wonder if she's ready?

I agree that she should play some more lower tiered tournies to try to get points because she's not having a lot of luck right now. I'd hate to see her drop too far in doubles. Ahhhh, why can't her game just fall into place?

Realistically, do you think she can break the Top 20 this year? If you look at the players in the top 20 right now, it's killer competition.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I dunno top 20 is crowded with top notch players right now i think in 2008 her game will fall into place!!! And she will break top 20!!! Do yu guys ever think she will reach top ten??? I am really annoyed about that article!!! Give her a break!!!! Do you reckon it is true????

ohgollymissmolik
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I hate saying it but I'm not sure about Top 20 this year. If she isn't at least pushing some of the players to 3 sets, I dunno if the game is there YET. It will be I'm sure of that, but when I don't know. I'm not a player (unless you count Sunday arvo social at my club, hehe) and I'm not a coach so I can't say.

I guess it's a matter of transferring from a doubles mindset to singles. Sammy's groundstrokes need some more work in her singles games and coming to the net all the time won't work in singles anymore.

And nope, I reckon its total crap. It made me furious, bloody idiots.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Sam moved up one to 28... I think she should aim for top 25 by years end and in 2008 got for top 20!! She has heaps of points to defend soon!

Ben.
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Well sam's ranking is gonna go drop out of the top 30 by not defending her stanford pts from last year. at this point sam might even struggle to defend her New Haven pts from last year (i hope she doesn't) so the best i can hope for is that she finishes within the top 50.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Well sam's ranking is gonna go drop out of the top 30 by not defending her stanford pts from last year. at this point sam might even struggle to defend her New Haven pts from last year (i hope she doesn't) so the best i can hope for is that she finishes within the top 50.

Oh Crap!! Will she still be seeded for US Open? Stupid sickness!!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM
And she has Tier 1 Linz quartefinal points to defend :(

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I added up all the points she has to defend from the US Open series and even if she doesnt defend any based on the current rankings she would be ranked 35.. And some people would withdraw and I expect her to win some matches so hopefully she will still be seeded! It would be great if she could defend New Haven..

aussie_fan
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Sadly, she will be out of the top 30 aoon and i expect that to last for the rest of the year at least, she's going to have to try and limit the damage with defending all her points. A 3rd round effort at the us open would help.

*timtams*
Jul 24th, 2007, 04:41 PM
What article are you guys all on about? Someone link me

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Sam is out of San Deigo :sad:

Ben.
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:11 PM
get better sam :hug: just focus on getting fully healthy rather than focusing on a ranking.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
get better sam :hug: just focus on getting fully healthy rather than focusing on a ranking.

I know.. I am really missing her on the tour! It would be hrad not knowing what u were sick with!

Ben.
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:50 PM
yeah true. but im sure sammy is taking this in a positive way, she did look happy when she was at the fed cup :)

*timtams*
Jul 25th, 2007, 05:27 PM
grrr what article?

Droolv
Mar 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Sam's slipped out of the top 100 and sits at 103 :sad:

Comeback soon Sam :hug:

Maybe she'll play doubles at IW? :shrug:

Harvs
Mar 5th, 2008, 11:59 AM
sammyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:(

*timtams*
Mar 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM
oh shit

aussie_fan
Mar 6th, 2008, 02:01 AM
at least she will have that protected ranking.

smit101
Mar 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Thankfully she can use her protected ranking for 6 months i think! Hopefully she will be back soon :(

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Sam now sits at 154 :sad:

scottsue
Mar 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Jeez. Casey is over 100 spots above her!

Ben.
Mar 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM
is sam only gonna use her special ranking for WTA events, thats what I would assume.

OZTENNIS
Mar 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM
^^^

Yep, she wouldn't use them for anything else

Harvs
Mar 30th, 2008, 12:37 PM
i expect/hope that she will be back well inside the top 100 by years end...

im so happy she will have this rank to use at the olympics aswell:)