PDA

View Full Version : I've been a lucky spectator at Lisa Gerrard's concert in Paris tonight!!!

janko
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Beautiful, elegant, simply amazing!!:worship: :worship: :worship:

Lisa (former Dead can dance for younger posters) is unbelievably talented, she can do what she wants with her voice.

I've never attended such a concert where people are applauding so much between songs!;)

Some hysterical fans were shouting sometimes (classical "we love you" and so on) but the funniest came when a girl shout with a strong french accent "You arrrr ze voice" and Lisa answered in a low voice "thank you, your english is perfect":lol: :lol: :lol:

A superb moment (the concert! not the joke!)

To finish, a little bonus with a song from the motion picture Black hawk down featuring Lisa and Denez Prigent, enjoy!

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/tag/du/search/lisa%2Bgerrard/video/xr7ie_denez-prigent-lisa-gerrard-gortoz-a

janko
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I was also thinking about a concert with talented singers like Lisa, for example Loreena McKennitt, Sinead O'Connor and Bjork.

All four in the same concert, that could be a huge moment:angel::drool:

Any member-producer?

GABRIEL
Apr 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Hello, lucky man!! It is funny to see a Lisa Gerrard fan here...I have been a fan of her (and Dead Can Dance) since their beginning, actually, I was a fan before they released their first album...
Funny enough, the first time I saw Lisa in concert was also in France...in a small town about 3 hours away from Paris, cannot remember the name. There was a festival there, and the Cocteau Twins were playing, my favourite band, and so I flew from Rome to Paris, took the train and arrived at the theatre just before the concert. The supporting band of the Cocteau Twins were the Dead Can Dance!!! it was 1985....21 years ago...........and I was shocked by the beauty of Lisa's voice.....almos as beautiful as that of Liz Fraser, vocalist of the Cocteau Twins, that to me is the most fantastic voice ever.
After the concert I met them, I knew Liz Fraser from before, and she introduced me to Lisa. She was very shy and very young, but I knew she had a brilliant future in front of her.
I have not seen her live in ages, last time must have been over 10 years ago, when the Dead Can Dance were still together, so I am really envious!!!!