PDA

View Full Version : Drew Barrymore is Cover Girls new Face. Also, what is your fave Drew movie ?

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Drew Barrymore is newest Covergirl model

NEW YORK -- Drew Barrymore grew up with tear sheets of models such as Cheryl Tiegs, Rachel Hunter and Christie Brinkley plastered on her bedroom wall like wallpaper. Come January, another young girl can do the same with Barrymore's photo.

Barrymore is CoverGirl's newest model and spokeswoman, joining a stable of famous faces that includes her former idols and, more recently, Queen Latifah, Molly Sims and Rihanna.

Her selection by the Procter & Gamble Co. beauty brand was to be announced Wednesday at a news conference in Los Angeles.

The 32-year-old "Charlie's Angels" actress is also a co-creator of the ads, and before any wardrobe or beauty decisions were made at Monday's print shoot, Barrymore said she was consulting on the concept, graphics, lighting and how the photo would be cropped.

"I leave the makeup and product up to them, that's their expertise," she told The Associated Press in a phone interview from the set. "What I want to do is honor the tradition of CoverGirl but hopefully bring myself and my personality into it, as well as some edgy fashion-forward thinking and positivity to it."

Look for her in a nude-colored dress, which, Barrymore explained, is a contrast to the bright colors often used in cosmetics ads.

"I like to be involved in every aspect. I'm a control freak but I keep those issues at bay when I work with other people," she said with a laugh.

It's Barrymore's strength that led the company to seek her out.

"We partnered with Drew because she emulates the iconic image of CoverGirl with her fresh, natural beauty and energetic yet authentic spirit," said Esi Eggleston Bracey, vice president and general manager of CoverGirl Cosmetics North America.

Barrymore said she loved the chance to play with makeup and try modeling. "What girl doesn't fantasize about it?" she said.

At the same time, she's more of a jeans and T-shirt girl; literally what she was wearing on this day along with Vans sneakers.

It is Barrymore's first foray into commercials.

She even surprised herself, but the thought of being a CoverGirl still popped into her mind months after she was approached, Barrymore said. She took that at as a good sign.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Wow, there are soooo many great Drew movies out there. I had a hard time narrowing it down to 10 :lol: Two of her movies that i really love that are not on the list are Gun Crazy ( a great indie flick ) and Home Fries :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I picked Never Been Kissed :kiss: . I am also looking forward to Drews new movie LUCKY YOU which opens in a few weeks. There already advertising the film on tv. It has a strong cast which includes Robert Duval, Jean Smart ( 24) and Debra Messing ( will and grace ) :bounce:

Nicjac
Apr 15th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I do love her, but she made some awful movies :tape:

From that list I would pick 'Boys on the Side'.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I do love her, but she made some awful movies :tape:

From that list I would pick 'Boys on the Side'.

Yeah, that was a very sad , deep and moving movie :)

shirley
Apr 15th, 2007, 07:11 PM
never been kissed followed by the wedding singer

Nicjac
Apr 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah, that was a very sad , deep and moving movie :)

The story line was, well, predictable. But the cast pulled it off really well. Fun trio. There is another movie with Drew and and Mary Stuart Masterson, some cowboy flick, heck, what was it called? Same thing about the story, but some incredible scenes from the cast rescued some of it.

Brαm
Apr 15th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Dylan Sanders in Charlie's Angels :rocker:

Halardfan
Apr 15th, 2007, 08:21 PM
The Wedding Singer...I HATE romantic comedies as a rule, but this movie is sweet, funny, nostalgic...and Drew is just so appealing in it.

Maajken
Apr 15th, 2007, 09:06 PM
The story line was, well, predictable. But the cast pulled it off really well. Fun trio. There is another movie with Drew and and Mary Stuart Masterson, some cowboy flick, heck, what was it called? Same thing about the story, but some incredible scenes from the cast rescued some of it.
bad girls

from that list i picked boys on the side

brickhousesupporter
Apr 15th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I hate to admit this....but it is Ever After.

Vincey!
Apr 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Charlie Angels :hearts:

Brashkoala
Apr 15th, 2007, 11:02 PM
never been kissed is one of my favorite movies ever. it's so funny and great. i loved it.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:37 AM

BAD GIRLS Loved it :bounce:

PatrickRyan
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:48 AM
1. Never Been Kissed
2. Ever After
3. 50 First Dates
:)
And you forgot Scream :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:05 AM
1. Never Been Kissed
2. Ever After
3. 50 First Dates
:)
And you forgot Scream :lol:

I know...but she got killed off pretty quickly in the film...so it was more like a cameo even though she is on the poster :lol: :p

PatrickRyan
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:06 AM
I know...but she got killed off pretty quickly in the film...so it was more like a cameo even though she is on the poster :lol: :p

I was just kidding by the way ;) :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:28 AM
I was just kidding by the way ;) :p

I was like...he must also be thinking why i didn't list OLIVE, THE OTHER REINDEER on the list :lol: Look it up on her IMDB.COM bio if u do not know what it is :lol: ;)

drake3781
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:54 AM
ET.

I do some work for Cover Girl, by the way.

Also they have a great all-day lip product called Outlast. I use the Outlast All-Day Lipshine.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 16th, 2007, 02:02 AM
ET.

I do some work for Cover Girl, by the way.

Also they have a great all-day lip product called Outlast. I use the Outlast All-Day Lipshine.

If you ever meet Drew say Heath said hi :lol: :p

PatrickRyan
Apr 16th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I was like...he must also be thinking why i didn't list OLIVE, THE OTHER REINDEER on the list :lol: Look it up on her IMDB.COM bio if u do not know what it is :lol: ;)

:lol: :hug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Thanks to everyone who voted in my poll :D :bounce:

PatrickRyan
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Thanks to everyone who voted in my poll :D :bounce:

No, thank you :D :hug:

Belgium = Best
Apr 17th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Charlies Angels :)

http://www.vwlepaulski.com/Pics3/charlie2.jpg

Helen Lawson
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Poison Ivy!!!

Sally Struthers
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:55 PM
All of her movies blow but I kind of liked Firestarter :lol:

Kart
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Poison Ivy!!!

I was thinking that as well LOL.

I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed Never Been Kissed until that stupid ending where she waits for him in the football stadium or whatever it was.

Helen Lawson
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I was thinking that as well LOL.

I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed Never Been Kissed until that stupid ending where she waits for him in the football stadium or whatever it was.

I have Poison Ivy on DVD, it's a great movie, I watch it maybe every six months. It's beautifully photographed with a nice score. And of course, I like teen girls tarting around and getting into trouble, too, which doesn't hurt!

Helen Lawson
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:12 PM
The most brilliant person on the board just reminded me, WHO can FORGET the beautiful year that WAS 1993. We had the trilogy:
(1) The Amy Fisher Story with Drew.
(2) Lethal Lolita with a nobody.
(2) Casualties of Love: The Long Island Lolita with Alyssa Milano.

And you know what, each girl made Amy Fisher her own and all three were great. Truly memorable. They just don't make quality TV movies anymore.

Sally Struthers
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM
The most brilliant person on the board just reminded me, WHO can FORGET the beautiful year that WAS 1993. We had the trilogy:
(1) The Amy Fisher Story with Drew.
(2) Lethal Lolita with a nobody.
(2) Casualties of Love: The Long Island Lolita with Alyssa Milano.

And you know what, each girl made Amy Fisher her own and all three were great. Truly memorable. They just don't make quality TV movies anymore.

I was offered the role of Mary Jo Buttafuoco in one of those movies but passed it up. Amy and Mary Jo confronted one another on Oprah last year.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM
never been kissed :)

Helen Lawson
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I was offered the role of Mary Jo Buttafuoco in one of those movies but passed it up. Amy and Mary Jo confronted one another on Oprah last year.

I saw it and then later Mary Jo talked to Howard Stern about it. I love those three!!! Joey used to be my ideal sex idol, but lately he's looked kind of gross, prison and time haven't been kind. And that rhymes!

Mary Jo says that she did it for the money, plain and simple. She told Stern she forgave Amy, but basically, she doesn't really care about her either way, or even the incident anymore. She has a new guy in her life. The kids changes their last names.

Sally Struthers
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I saw it and then later Mary Jo talked to Howard Stern about it. I love those three!!! Joey used to be my ideal sex idol, but lately he's looked kind of gross, prison and time haven't been kind. And that rhymes!

Mary Jo says that she did it for the money, plain and simple. She told Stern she forgave Amy, but basically, she doesn't really care about her either way, or even the incident anymore. She has a new guy in her life. The kids changes their last names.

Joey was totally gross. I don't know what Amy saw in him. She was no looker herself back then though. It seems like she's had major surgery since getting out of prison.

Helen Lawson
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Joey was totally gross. I don't know what Amy saw in him. She was no looker herself back then though. It seems like she's had major surgery since getting out of prison.

I think she admitted boobs, butt, nose, and eyes after she got out of prison.
I thought Joey was the Italian Stallion during the Amy years. Now he's just gross. Plus, Amy said he could do it 6-7 times in a night.

I thought all three actresses did Amy justice, though, it was perfect casting.

Sally Struthers
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think she admitted boobs, butt, nose, and eyes after she got out of prison.
I thought Joey was the Italian Stallion during the Amy years. Now he's just gross. Plus, Amy said he could do it 6-7 times in a night.

I thought all three actresses did Amy justice, though, it was perfect casting.

She's had more done to her than Joan :lol:

Helen Lawson
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
She's had more done to her than Joan :lol:

She was sort of an ugly teen, and years in prison could not have been kind.

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Poison Ivy!!!

Ha ha, I was going to mention Poison Ivy too. :p

RunDown
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I didn't get a chance to vote, but I would've chosen "Riding In Cars With Boys ". I'm surprised no one voted for that movie :shrug: I love those mother-child relationship movies, they always make me cry...and I love a good cry :crying2:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Poison Ivy!!!

:lol: That was such fun trashy flick! :lol: :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I didn't get a chance to vote, but I would've chosen "Riding In Cars With Boys ". I'm surprised no one voted for that movie :shrug: I love those mother-child relationship movies, they always make me cry...and I love a good cry :crying2:

Yeah sorry, i should have put the poll up for 3 days instead of 2 :p Thanks to all who voted though ;) :wavey:

Dawn Marie
Apr 18th, 2007, 12:27 AM
"EVER AFTER" This is a surprisingly great cinderella story.

Helen Lawson
Apr 18th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Some unforgettable images from an unforgettable movie.

http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/6/13426-large.jpg

http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/Poison%20Ivy.jpg

One of my favorite scenes of all time in any movie is when she does the dad on the hood of his Mercedes in the woods when it's raining. It was a hot scene with beautiful cinematography. I thought the scenes where she's swinging on the tire were beautifully shot as well and really conveyed Ivy's character. I know, it's all an excuse to see a topless Drew Barrymore, but the film did have some redeeming, albeit meager, virtues. There was a wonderful mood or tone to that movie of isolation and lonliness, from all of the characters.

Max565
Apr 18th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Never Been Kissed was the best ! Loved her character :D

Barrie_Dude
Apr 18th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I like Drew!