PDA

View Full Version : Everything Ends - R.I.P Samy

matthias
Apr 15th, 2007, 10:54 AM
R.I.P. Samy
16th October 1992 - 14th April 2007

----------------------------------------------------

i got my dog Samy 1992, he was a puppy and since them i walked with him each day, and spend a lot of time.
but yesterday his time has come
i had to take the decision to pull him to sleep forever
the veterinarian said it is the best for him because he has a strong heart and would suffer a painfull dead within the next 2-3 weeks.
his body was weak but his heart was strong

i knwed this day has to come one day but it is really hart for me
i´m 28 now, and so i spend more then my half life with him and now he is gone
i know it is better for him to give him a peacefull end, but it is so hart for me.
i feel guilty.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

ViennaCalling
Apr 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
:sad: :hug:

timafi
Apr 15th, 2007, 12:01 PM
hang in there Mat :hug: :hug:

XaDavK_Kapri
Apr 15th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Don't feel guilty. As I once said to someone else here, putting him to sleep and making his death peaceful is the strongest last proof of love you could give him. The pain is terrible, but at least you didn't have to watch him agonize until he died. Losing an animal is as painful as any death, stay strong and keep in mind that you did the best you could do for him. You decided to end his suffering and I'm sure he's looking down and he's very grateful for that :) Good luck.

tennislover
Apr 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
:hug:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 15th, 2007, 12:28 PM
don't feel guilty....last years i've done the same thing :sad:

Nicjac
Apr 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Gee, that hurts. :hug:

matthias
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
thanks everyone :hug:

griffin
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I'm so sorry, matthias :hug:

I know how hard it is to make that decision - last winter I had to make the same decision for my cat, Skeezix, who I'd had my entire adult life. but like your vet and XaDavK_Kapri said, it really is the most loving thing you could have done for Samy. It would be easier for us to stand back - to not face the decision. To be willing to look beyond your own grief and pain, to save your pet from suffering, is an act of love.

One thing that helped me when Skeezix, Griffin, and other pets have died is to share stories about them. It helped me hold on to all the good memories of them. So if you feel like that might help you, too, I'm sure we'd all be happy to hear about the wonderful, funny things about Samy that made him so special to you.

mc8114
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:21 PM
sorry to hear about it :sad:

matthias
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:23 PM
One thing that helped me when Skeezix, Griffin, and other pets have died is to share stories about them. It helped me hold on to all the good memories of them. So if you feel like that might help you, too, I'm sure we'd all be happy to hear about the wonderful, funny things about Samy that made him so special to you.

in his first summer, he was just 9 month old or so
i walked close to the river who is not far away from my village
he was running around, and then he jumped into the river
i was really afraid, but then i noticed he was a great swimmer
and so in summer i walked each day to the river and he swam around and enjoyed the cool water.

matthias
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:29 PM
one time he was running into our horse-paddock
and our horses disliked him
and he was hit by one of our horses
i carried him home with my dad because he was yelling
i called the veterinarian to make sure he has x-ray to bring him to check his body and to check if he is okay
but as i got back to him he was already running around, and was like nothing happend

but just minutes ago he was yelling like he was close to die

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:39 PM
:dog: :kiss: Rest sweety pupper dog :kiss: :dog:

Frode
Apr 15th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Don't feel bad, my friend.

Been there, done that, felt like shit and yes I cried.

But...
You did the right thing.

Think of all the fun times you had!

:dog:

Nicjac
Apr 15th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I think griffin is right - our memories keep everyone alive.

One of the most important pets I ever had was a cat.
I was a teenager when I got him.
He stayed with me for more than a decade.
I do not know if he raised me or if I raised him. Prob both.
He was beautiful, narrow-minded, a real attack cat, and truly loyal.
One day I travelled with him to a friend in another country.
I let him out of the box and he jumped through a window out in the yard.
It was a huge estate, but I kept looking for him and calling him. Hours went by. I feared he would try to walk home.
After I was exhausted I went to one of the guest bedrooms and there he was, lying on the bed. There was no reason that he could know that this was my bedroom. Well, my bag was in it, so maybe the scent told him. Maybe it was sheer luck.
God, I miss him.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 15th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Matthias :hug: :sad: :( But he will always have a place in your heart :hug:

dybbuk
Apr 15th, 2007, 08:58 PM
:sad: :hug:

Kart
Apr 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
i feel guilty.

You shouldn't feel guilty - take comfort in the fact that you faced up to the responsibility and made the right decision.

Believe me, many people don't and regret it later.

I'm sorry for you loss.

MLF
Apr 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Poor you - I have a labrador and know I would be lost without him.

matthias
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:38 PM
it´s already 1 year ago now
today i plant a tree on his grave :sad:

griffin
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM

Griffin passed away in 2004, and I still think about her on a regular basis. Mostly, it makes me smile, but I still miss her.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I have two dogs and I am so scared that one day I will have to make that decision...I cant imagine...:sad:

God bless you and RIP Sammy...:sad:

Yasmine
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM

Rocketta
Apr 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
awwwww, :hug:

Jakub
Apr 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
feeling really sad for you Matthias

I may face the same situation soon... my dog is almost 16 years old now, I got it when I was 8.
still is ok, but i don't know how long - he had a serious surgery in the past and I should be more then pleased that he is still with me everyday. I know it will be as hard for me as it is hard for you now.

:wavey:

matthias
Apr 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM
i cried on his grave today

i have a new dog, and he give me a lot of joy.
but i will never forget Smay

hingis-seles
Apr 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM

I lost my cat a couple of years ago. I cried and cried. He's still in my heart and memories. I think of him every so often and can't help but smile. I really did love him.

LDF
Apr 14th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Matthias :hug:

I've lost pets before, but my current dog is the best pet I've had and I dread the day that he passes away :sad:

I'm sure you have many many fond memories of Sammy - hold onto them :)

kris719
Apr 14th, 2008, 09:08 PM
aww how sad :sad: a year too late, but i'm sorry you man.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 15th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I'm truly sorry. I lost my Amber on the 28th of Feb this year and it was without a doubt one of the worst days of my life. All I can say is that this sucks. It really really sucks.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:08 AM
This thread is a little too fresh for me. I have not really gotten over Amber's death.

Let's do what Griffin said and tell stories about them.

Mine:

Ok, Amber was a friendly dog and all but super-ultra possessive and territorial! I have 5 other dogs (Amber's offspring) who are not as jealous or territorial as she is. She loved mangling frogs and mice and luckly stray cats were smart enough to keep away. Anyway, once, a little sparrow came flying into the house. It caused quite a commotion. So my mom, sister and I tried catching the sparrow to let it out. Before we did, Amber managed to trap the bird - in her jaws! We could see the feathers sticking out from her mouth and she refused to open it! 10 seconds later, she swallowed the bird whole! I know it sounds cruel and all, and it is. It was a shock seeing her do that. But right after, she looked at us with sad puppy dog eyes and licked my nose and went to her pillow to have a nap. How do you stay mad at her? It was so cute.

LindsayRulz
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:12 AM

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:07 AM
it´s already 1 year ago now
today i plant a tree on his grave :sad:

Scotso
Apr 15th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I lost my cat Dominus a year ago to cancer, and I still miss him terribly. I grew up with him, and he was always there for me during the low points of my life to cheer me up, and he's a part of some of my fondest memories.

Though animals may not be as intelligent as people, they still seem to share our affections and really assimilate into our families. Dominus was like a brother to me, so I was (and still am) devastated to lose him.

I know it's difficult, even after all this time. But as you know, all dogs go to heaven, and I'm sure he's smiling on you from there.

frenchie
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I'm so sorry:sad:

My little Cannelle passed away last november when I was in Canada:sad::sad:
My parents took the difficult decision to make her die by the vet. She had cancer and was blind at the end

The worst is that I wasn't there when it happened and I haven't seen her for a last time
My mother announced it to me by phose

I was devastated!

Stay strong
Only keep in mind the great moments:hug: