PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Bill Cosby Re The Imus Situation?

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:38 AM
He was very vocal in slamming all black people regarding the way we raise our children and live our lives, but he is unusually silent on this issue. Why hasn't he come slithering out of the hole called his home to talk about this? I bet I know why.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:41 AM
I wish you would leave the computer lab and go slithering back into your home. :wavey:

Bill Cosby is not an Uncle Tom.
He's concerned about his race just as Della Reese showed she was on Larry King last night.

I'm sure he's tired of repeating the same damn thing over and over again and not seeing any results.
That's why he hasn't made any comments.

Let some other black people voice something similar to what he's been saying for years and perhaps it might get to them.

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Lizchris ...Imus is fired..GET OVER IT baby...you've created 2 topics reguarding that long face hungry dog lookin ass man....he's fired baby move on...

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:43 AM
I wish you would leave the computer lab and go slithering back into your home. :wavey:

He's concerned about his race just as Della Reese showed she was on Larry King last night.

You could have fooled me.

Believe me, if some hip hop DJ had said this about a mostly white female basketball team, he would come slithering out and that toung would never stop (but then again, he does use that tounge for other things and other women; too bad not on his wife).

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:45 AM

Believe me, if some hip hop DJ had said this about a mostly white female basketball team, he would come slithering out and that toung would never stop (but then again, he does use that tounge for other things and other women; too bad not on his wife).

WELL the thing is SOMEBODY said something about it..I dont care if they were black, white, cripple or crooked...IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN SAID about those girls..thats the point you dont get..and why are you spitting Bill Cosby out of your mouth...he is not the spokesman for all African Americans...how did his name even come up???

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Lizchris ...Imus is fired..GET OVER IT baby...you've created 2 topics reguarding that long face hungry dog lookin ass man....he's fired baby move on...

I have moved on from the firing; in fact, I don't think he should have been fired; he should have been made to squirm like the old lizzard he is. My point now is that a lot of people are up in arms about hip hop and the way they portray black women, who BTW, choose to be in these videos, but the same people who don't like these videos or songs are now the same people jamming it down people's throats. My second point is about Bill Cosby; he has been vocal re the hip hop community, but he has, in recent years, has been slow to criticize anyone nonblack who does something to black people.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:49 AM
WELL the thing is SOMEBODY said something about it..I dont care if they were black, white, cripple or crooked...IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN SAID about those girls..thats the point you dont get..and..Bill Cosby is not the spokeman for African Americans...how did his name even come up???

Because I don't like his hypocricy and some of the things I have recently found out about him.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:52 AM

Well sweetheart if you're gonna go there, if his wife would show an ounce of the intimacy that Cosby's TV wife Phylicia Rashad showed then perhaps Bill would lick it before he sticks it.
Love is a two way street but that doesn't mean that one car in the middle of the street can't create a detour.

And that other stuff is :bs:.
He knows Vivian Stringer through John Chaney.
If she has a serious issue with what's going on then he has a serious issue with what is going on.

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:54 AM
I have moved on from the firing; in fact, I don't think he should have been fired; he should have been made to squirm like the old lizzard he is. My point now is that a lot of people are up in arms about hip hop and the way they portray black women, who BTW, choose to be in these videos, but the same people who don't like these videos or songs are now the same people jamming it down people's throats. My second point is about Bill Cosby; he has been vocal re the hip hop community, but he has, in recent years, has been slow to criticize anyone nonblack who does something to black people.

I dont see why Hip Hop is being singled out...when other types of music disrespect women too. Hip Hop is not the only Genre of music guilty of that...IMUS was fired because his comment was not a representation of CBS...if you are employed by a company and you bring a negative representation to their company they have the right to fire your ass...and thats what they did...and I DONT BLAME THEM...

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:59 AM
I dont see why Hip Hop is being singled out...when other types of music disrespect women too. Hip Hop is not the only Genre of music guilty of that...IMUS was fired because his comment was not a representation of CBS...if you are employed by a company and you bring a negative representation to their company they have the right to fire your ass...and thats what they did...and I DONT BLAME THEM...

I would like names of artist, their music videos, the lyrics that are questionable, and the genre association of these consistent offenders compared to hip hop please. :wavey:

Wigglytuff
well i bet bill cosby is of somewhere having another extramarital affair and saying "well you know i agree with Imus Anus they are a bunch of hoes" :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

god i cant stand that hypocrite.

lizchris
Well sweetheart if you're gonna go there, if his wife would show an ounce of the intimacy that Cosby's TV wife Phylicia Rashad showed then perhaps Bill would lick it before he sticks it.
Love is a two way street but that doesn't mean that one car in the middle of the street can't create a detour.

And that other stuff is :bs:.
He knows Vivian Stringer through John Chaney.
If she has a serious issue with what's going on then he has a serious issue with what is going on.

From what I understand, she isn't the problem; he is.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:01 AM
I would like names of artist, their music videos, the lyrics that are questionable, and the genre association of these consistent offenders compared to hip hop please. :wavey:

Try Biritney Spears, for one.

If she wasn't trying to act like jailbait eight years ago, she wouldn't be the trailer wreck she is now.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:02 AM
well i bet bill cosby is of somewhere having another extramarital affair and saying "well you know i agree with Imus Anus they are a bunch of hoes" :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

I bet he is too; he doesn't even live with his wife anyone, though he is still married.

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I bet he is too; he doesn't even live with his wife anyone, though he is still married.

that to me is major cowardice at its finest.

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:04 AM

I'm sure he's tired of repeating the same damn thing over and over again and not seeing any results.
That's why he hasn't made any comments.

Let some other black people voice something similar to what he's been saying for years and perhaps it might get to them.
You mean the millionaire Bill that put a pill in a woman's drink and sexually abused her. I think they call that rape. You mean the Bill whose daughter was a drug addict, or the Bill that committed adultery, had a child by the mistress that he didn't have anything to do with. You know his daughter that was so fvcked up in the head that she tried to extort money from him and I think testified against her in court. Bill needs to get his own house in order before trying to fix someone else's.

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:05 AM

Korn
Ozzy Osborne
KISS
Limp Bizkit
Metallica
The Cult
Bon Jovi

since you JUST NEEED proof....oh yeah baby Rock/Heavy Metal industry is notorious for it as well....Ozzy Osborne will call his wife a bitch in her face....a lot of those dudes disrespect women...

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:06 AM

Loony speculation.
He has never gone out of his way to offend the black community.
For some strange reason though there is a faction of our community that is clearly represented on here that doesn't believe that there is anything wrong with the way the black community is progressing rather there is an issue with every community excluding the black community.
Although there is obvious racism in America today, there is also some serious issues within the community where our community is mostly at fault.
Instead of trying to place blame on others we should be trying to fix the issue.

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:06 AM
You mean the millionaire Bill that put a pill in a woman's drink and sexually abused her. I think they call that rape. You mean the Bill whose daughter was a drug addict, or the Bill that committed adultery, had a child by the mistress that he didn't have anything to do with. You know his daughter that was so fvcked up in the head that she tried to extort money from him and I think testified against her in court. Bill needs to get his own house in order before trying to fix someone else's.

exactly. i cant stand that "man". hes a major asshole not to mention drug rapist.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:08 AM

Preach, sister (or brother), preach!!:worship: :worship:

But you forgot some goodies:

1) Has had to quitely settle sex harassment suits (including the one you mentioned) because he was afraid of the bad press he knew he was going to get.

2) Was extorted by the woman you mentioned who says she is the mother of his illegitimate child

2) Is known to chase tail right in front of his wife!

darrinbaker00
Because I don't like his hypocricy and some of the things I have recently found out about him.
Bill Cosby turned you down for an autograph once, didn't he?

Wigglytuff
Loony speculation.

WHAT!!!! hes confessed to having had extramarital affairs, are you suffering from fact denial in addition to your typical race hate?

new-york
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Try Biritney Spears, for one.

If she wasn't trying to act like jailbait eight years ago, she wouldn't be the trailer wreck she is now.

who knows.

On Cosby, if he wants to point what does the black community do to hurt itself, it's not bad nor unfair.
It's not unfair to stay officially silent about some others stories where non-black are involved unless he'd think that's not a problem, but i doubt that.

as long as when he's talking, he's making a good point.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Loony speculation.
He has never gone out of his way to offend the black community.
For some strange reason though there is a faction of our community that is clearly represented on here that doesn't believe that there is anything wrong with the way the black community is progressing rather there is an issue with every community excluding the black community.
Although there is obvious racism in America today, there is also some serious issues within the community where our community is mostly at fault.
Instead of trying to place blame on others we should be trying to fix the issue.

There is an issue within EVERY community in the US, but the way some people on this board and the media talk, you would think the black community, as a whole, is in dire straights. Tell me any other race of people in this world whose ancestors have been enslaved and about 140 after they were set free, progressed the way they did. Are you aware that only 35 years after slavery ended, Madame CJ Walker became the USA's first black millionaire? Tell me who in the Asian or Hispanic community in the US (who were not enslaved) did that? Everyone in this US is repsonsible for his/her behavior, including Imus and the dumb women (black, white, Latino, birracial) who are in those disgusting rap videos.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Bill Cosby turned you down for an autograph once, didn't he?

Hell f*****g no; I never got close enough to the codger to ask for one, nore would I ever want to be.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Korn
Ozzy Osborne
KISS
Limp Bizkit
Metallica

since you JUST NEEED proof....oh yeah baby Rock/Heavy Metal industry is notorious for it as well....

Would like more names from this rock/heavy metal industry.

If that was really the case, Jada Pinkett Smith would have never ever created her heavy metal/rock band.

It was Ozzy and her wife that got them on Ozzfest a couple of years ago and it was Will who told her to go for her dream.

Halle Berry would have never been in Limp's video if it was blantantly obvious that they made sexist references.
She had nothing to gain they sucked at the time she made the video anyway.

KISS has honestly offended everyone under the sun.
Korn has offended but it hasn't been consistent.

Metallica just sucks in general.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:23 AM

As usual you go way out of line.
Go watch Diary Of A Mad Black Women, perhaps you can find a quote in there about how painful it is to watch someone you love waste their life knowing that unless they do something themselves they will always be a drug addict.

You don't have to be infallible to see that the message of Martin Luther King Jr. is not alive and well as it should be in the black community.

He's had his bad times but he's seen more in his life than I have and you have so perhaps you could respect what he has to say at face value.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:23 AM

If that was really the case, Jada Pinkett Smith would have never ever created her heavy metal/rock band.

It was Ozzy and her wife that got them on Ozzfest a couple of years ago and it was Will who told her to go for her dream.

Halle Berry would have never been in Limp's video if it was blantantly obvious that they made sexist references.

While we are on the subject of Ozzy Osbourne, it is quite funny that he and his horrid family were given a Pespi commercial after Pespi was pressured into getting rid of rapper Ludacris, but many people overlooked the fact that:

1) He is a hardcore drug user
2) Peed on a Texas monument and was banned from the state for a decade
and
3) Amlost strangled his wife while in a drug haze

But we must be saved from those evil rappers!!!:lol:

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Go watch Diary Of A Mad Black Women, perhaps you can find a quote in there about how painful it is to watch someone you love waste their life knowing that unless they do something themselves they will always be a drug addict.

You don't have to be infallible to see that the message of Martin Luther King Jr. is not alive and well as it should be in the black community.

He's had his bad times but he's seen more in his life than I have and you have so perhaps you could respect what he has to say at face value.

Which is why if his message was "I have been through hard times; let me talk about what I have been through so that you don't make the same mistakes I and my family made", I'd be right with him, but he is so arrogant, he wont' even admist he is a rotten husband and father.

harloo
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:29 AM

Liz, you're a wild one!!:haha: :haha:

What were you expecting to hear from Cos? Afterall, he refused to speak about black issues when his show was #1 in American households. I've always felt that his crusade was disingenious because of that fact, even though some older African Americans really love the guy. I think he hasn't been the same since his son was murdered.

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:31 AM

i know you are filed with enough race hate to make some of the right wing leaders blush but i will correct you... posting the truth is not going out of line.

secondly how can you comment on what mykarma has been through when you dont know anything about him.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:31 AM
While we are on the subject of Ozzy Osbourne, it is quite funny that he and his horrid family were given a Pespi commercial after Pespi was pressured into getting rid of rapper Ludacris, but many people overlooked the fact that:

1) He is a hardcore drug user
2) Peed on a Texas monument and was banned from the state for a decade
and
3) Amlost strangled his wife while in a drug haze

But we must be saved from those evil rappers!!!:lol:

OK and Pepsi has fired everyone at one time about something, white people and black people for almost 30 years.
They gave into pressure when it came to Madonna.
They gave into pressure for many artist.
So you're grasping for straws.

Ludacris smokes weed.
A drug is a drug.

Well you know my policy on Texas so I actually respect him more for doing that. :lol:
They're still married.
Did she press charges on him?

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:40 AM
OK and Pepsi has fired everyone at one time about something, white people and black people for almost 30 years.
They gave into pressure when it came to Madonna.
They gave into pressure for many artist.
So you're grasping for straws.

Ludacris smokes weed.
A drug is a drug.

Well you know my policy on Texas so I actually respect him more for doing that. :lol:
They're still married.
Did she press charges on him?

What do you think? After she pressed charges, she filed for divorce. They only reason why they are still married is because he agreed to go to rehab.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Which is why if his message was "I have been through hard times; let me talk about what I have been through so that you don't make the same mistakes I and my family made", I'd be right with him, but he is so arrogant, he wont' even admist he is a rotten husband and father.

Which is why people are annoyed at Al Sharpton, he is so arrogant, he won't even admit that he made a mistake.

There's a difference between a public life and a private life though.
Bill Cosby's private life is his private life.
He doesn't have to make a decision on whether or not telling the public that he's a rotten husband and father.
In the end, his Camille knows and God knows and that should be enough.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Which is why people are annoyed at Al Sharpton, he is so arrogant, he won't even admit that he made a mistake.

There's a difference between a public life and a private life though.
Bill Cosby's private life is his private life.
He doesn't have to make a decision on whether or not telling the public that he's a rotten husband and father.
In the end, his Camille knows and God knows and that should be enough.

Then he shouldn't make it his job to air other's people's problems

He doesn't have to tell the world he is a rotten husband and father; most already know he is.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:50 AM
WHAT!!!! hes confessed to having had extramarital affairs, are you suffering from fact denial in addition to your typical race hate?

So because he had an extramarital affair you expect me to agree to this:

Are you out of your fucking mind?

Wait don't answer that.
Already know the answer.

Instead of jumping to conclusions, perhaps you could do the board a favor and just jump off a bridge.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Then he shouldn't make it his job to air other's people's problems

He doesn't have to tell the world he is a rotten husband and father; most already know he is.

Riight and your logic is just as flawed as it has always been.
You know when Rocketta calls your jumping to conclusions weird, you would think that perhaps you would get the hint and maybe stay on your pills but it seems you've strayed again.

If he wants to call out his people on issues he sees because he cares for the welfare of his people then there should be no issue with it.

Just because he does it and you've fallen exactly for the media bias that has tilted hate towards him is not my fault.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Riight and your logic is just as flawed as it has always been.
You know when Rocketta calls your jumping to conclusions weird, you would think that perhaps you would get the hint and maybe stay on your pills but it seems you've strayed again.

If he wants to call out his people on issues he sees because he cares for the welfare of his people then there should be no issue with it.

Just because he does it and you've fallen exactly for the media bias that has tilted hate towards him is not my fault.

He doesn't have to be a saint, but he might want to get his own house in order before he tells other people how to get theirs in order.

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:06 AM
He doesn't have to be a saint, but he might want to get his own house in order before he tells other people how to get theirs in order.
In that case, Liz, you might want to get your house in order before you tell Bill Cosby to get his in order. Hey, this game is fun. ;)

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:07 AM

Well according to you he does.
If he were to say HIV/AIDS is an issue that this younger generation isn't taking as seriously as the last generation, according to you he shouldn't say it because he needs to get himself in order before telling others to.

Yet studies will show that he might have a valid point but just because he has issues in his household according to you he shouldn't voice his opinions.

Any voice that helps to lead towards a new day in America should be appreciated whether it's tainted or not.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:10 AM
In that case, Liz, you might want to get your house in order before you tell Bill Cosby to get his in order. Hey, this game is fun. ;)

You know what it is a fun game.
Now Darrin you must get your house in order before you voice an opinion.
And then I must get my house in order to voice an opinion.
And so on and so on and so on...
Until everyone must get their house in order to voice an opinion, the consequence, noone voices an opinion. :lol:

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:12 AM

I never cheated on any man in my life, I don't have any chidren on drugs and I dont' have to drug men to be with me.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Well according to you he does.
If he were to say HIV/AIDS is an issue that this younger generation isn't taking as seriously as the last generation, according to you he shouldn't say it because he needs to get himself in order before telling others to.

Yet studies will show that he might have a valid point but just because he has issues in his household according to you he shouldn't voice his opinions.

Any voice that helps to lead towards a new day in America should be appreciated whether it's tainted or not.

No one is taking AIDS seriously anymroe (though they should) because no one is dying in the numbers that they were in the late 1980'sto mid 1990's and that is a shame because more and more women are getting HIV, mainly from men who claim to be straight, but are not.

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I never cheated on any man in my life, I don't have any chidren on drugs and I dont' have to drug men to be with me.
Cosby's sin is adultery; yours is pride. The way God sees it, you two are even. ;)

harloo
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:20 AM

You're comparing America's former #1 TV dad to someone posting an opinion on a messageboard? Cos has a platform and the power to send his message across the airwaves. Anyone can give their opinion on a messageboard. :o

Bill needs to get his house in order, so does Jesse Jackson, and old slick Al Sharpton. :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:22 AM
He was very vocal in slamming all black people regarding the way we raise our children and live our lives, but he is unusually silent on this issue. Why hasn't he come slithering out of the hole called his home to talk about this? I bet I know why.
Because America's Father, Bill Cosby, loves Jello Pudding. And we love Bill Cosby for it.

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:22 AM
So because he had an extramarital affair you expect me to agree to this:

Are you out of your fucking mind?

Wait don't answer that.
Already know the answer.

i didnit say you had to agree with me (i would rather that a self hating fool like you agree with me a little as possible), but when i said he has and in the past has had extramarital affairs for you to say its "Loony speculation." when everyone, even you know its true.. is full of shit (well in your case more shit than you are typically full of).

we all know thats why you defend bill drug rape cosby is because you too hate all things black and well i guess even trash like you need role models.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Instead of jumping to conclusions, perhaps you could do the board a favor and just jump off a bridge.

Liz, if you are reading this:

Reade Seligmann, David Evans and Collin Finnerty

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Cosby's sin is adultery; yours is pride. The way God sees it, you two are even. ;)

http://www.evilbible.com/

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:28 AM
You're comparing America's former #1 TV dad to someone posting an opinion on a messageboard? Cos has a platform and the power to send his message across the airwaves. Anyone can give their opinion on a messageboard. :o

Bill needs to get his house in order, so does Jesse Jackson, and old slick Al Sharpton. :lol:
So do we all, my friend. If you're going to hold those three gentlemen to a certain standard, then you should yourself to that same standard; to do otherwise is, in my opinion, hypocrisy.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:31 AM
i didnit say you had to agree with me (i would rather that a self hating fool like you agree with me a little as possible), but when i said he has and in the past has had extramarital affairs for you to say its "Loony speculation." when everyone, even you know its true.. is full of shit (well in your case more shit than you are typically full of).

we all know thats why you defend bill drug rape cosby is because you too hate all things black and well i guess even trash like you need role models.

:yawn:
Still a loony speculation.

It would be like me saying,
I bet wigglytuff is gorging on pussy as the animal sacrifice lays on the altar as we speak.

I picked the one part that may have an ounce of truth took it way too far and then added another thing that is absolutely untrue.
You did the exact same thing.
That is why I called it as I did.

I think everyone deserves a second chance, that's supposedly the country we live in.
I never said he was a role model and just because I'm defending him doesn't mean I do see him as role model.
By the way if you would like to know my role models, they include Eddie Robinson, John Chaney, Dawn Staley, Vivian Stringer, and Arthur Ashe, but you likely don't care.

The truth of the matter is though Bill Cosby does know Vivian Stringer through John Chaney and if Vivian has an issue with what is said then he does as well.

If you don't like it then tough, deal with it.

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:36 AM

Marjorie, there's not enough bandwidth on this board for me to list the names of all the black men who received similar (if not infinitely worse) treatment. Let's not play that game, OK?

LoveFifteen
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:48 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/tennisfan1981/1115403036-Bill_Cosby_color_lo-res.jpg

harloo
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:49 AM
So do we all, my friend. If you're going to hold those three gentlemen to a certain standard, then you should yourself to that same standard; to do otherwise is, in my opinion, hypocrisy.

I'm not the one on the front lines telling black men not to have children out of wedlock(Jesse Jackson), while I have a love child in hiding.:rolleyes:

Or degrading black men by speaking negative about them everytime a microphone is in your face(Bill Cosby) but is a known adulterer who roams the campus of Spelman looking for prospects. Then settling with a woman accusing him of drugging and raping her which is an admission of guilt. :o

I wouldn't hold these gentlemen to a certain standard if they were practicing what they preached. I have never cheated, don't have babies running around, and I'm not even a leader. Is it too much to ask for these media annointed leaders to stop being hypocrites? If you're going to do dirt shut up about everyone else and clean out your own backyard first. It's quite simple.:)

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:50 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/tennisfan1981/1115403036-Bill_Cosby_color_lo-res.jpg

Oh my.
The names people call their accountants these days. :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I was always taught in church that you need to live what you preach about. I would never tell someone to have safe sex if I was hoing around town. Many leaders have that, "do as I say and not as I do" type of attitude. It actually reminds me of conservatives family values

Yeah not a good example because you hoing around should be reason enough for anyone to have safe sex in that town. :lol:

Giving a little hint might help prevent someone getting your six degrees of syphillisication. ;)

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:56 AM

Since you're drawing the line I'll gladly be on the outside of that line. :worship:

First of all, what does Diary Of A Mad Black Woman have to do with my thoughts about Bill Cosby? Looks like you had to go waaay out there to get that one. I think it's wonderful that Diary of A Mad Black Woman was able to help you with some of your challenges but I really don't need it.

Because Bill Cosby has seen more in his life than you have seen in yours doesn't mean that you can speak for me. You have no idea about me or my life experiences so that makes you the one out of line.

If Bill Cosby is the person that you choose to look up to and admire, I wish you well. I personally prefer someone with a lot more character.

Good night. :zzz:

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:01 AM
i know you are filed with enough race hate to make some of the right wing leaders blush but i will correct you... posting the truth is not going out of line.

secondly how can you comment on what mykarma has been through when you dont know anything about him.
That's what I want to know. :worship::worship::worship:

BTW, I'm a she. ;)

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Adultery and drugging women to take sexual advantage of them.

harloo
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Yeah not a good example because you hoing around should be reason enough for anyone to have safe sex in that town. :lol:

Giving a little hint might help prevent someone getting your six degrees of syphillisication. ;)

It was edited because that part didn't fit into my response, attention seekers such as yourself are quick.:o :lol: Damn!

Futhermore, I wasn't speaking about me personally but in general. If a person was a known whore around town why would anyone listen to them talking about HIV/AIDS prevention?

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Since you're drawing the line I'll gladly be on the outside of that line. :worship:

First of all, what does Diary Of A Mad Black Woman have to do with my thoughts about Bill Cosby? Looks like you had to go waaay out there to get that one. I think it's wonderful that Diary of A Mad Black Woman was able to help you with some of your challenges but I really don't need it.

Because Bill Cosby has seen more in his life than you have seen in yours doesn't mean that you can speak for me. You have no idea about me or my life experiences so that makes you the one out of line.

If Bill Cosby is the person that you choose to look up to and admire, I wish you well. I personally prefer someone with a lot more character.

Good night. :zzz:

I kinda explained that pretty easily in my comments after that.
I just thought you might be able to relate easier to a black reference than something else but it seems regardless if it's black, white, yellow, orange you're just an idiot.

Unless you were born from 1900-1964, I can easily say that you have never seen more your life than Bill Cosby has seen in his.
Experiences are just more vivid when you see them at their worse and most evil.

I have written who some of my role models are and as I've mentioned before you wouldn't care.

Sweetie, if that's all you got then yes maybe you should take a nap. :lol:

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:11 AM
I'm not the one on the front lines telling black men not to have children out of wedlock(Jesse Jackson), while I have a love child in hiding.:rolleyes:

Or degrading black men by speaking negative about them everytime a microphone is in your face(Bill Cosby) but is a known adulterer who roams the campus of Spelman looking for prospects. Then settling with a woman accusing him of drugging and raping her which is an admission of guilt. :o

I wouldn't hold these gentlemen to a certain standard if they were practicing what they preached. I have never cheated, don't have babies running around, and I'm not even a leader. Is it too much to ask for these media annointed leaders to stop being hypocrites? If you're going to do dirt shut up about everyone else and clean out your own backyard first. It's quite simple.:)
So they should be held up to a higher standard because they are, as you put it, "media-anointed leaders?" They way I see it, they just haven't done as good a job of covering up their sins as the rest of us.

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Adultery and drugging women to take sexual advantage of them.
They're still even, sweetie. Sin is sin, period.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:14 AM
It was edited because that part didn't fit into my response, attention seekers such as yourself are quick.:o :lol: Damn!

Futhermore, I wasn't speaking about me personally but in general. If a person was a known whore around town why would anyone listen to them talking about HIV/AIDS prevention?

Cause the herpes on their face says enough? :shrug:

LoveFifteen
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:18 AM

Hmmm, I seem to remember a tennis player with face herpes having a "mysterious virus". :unsure:

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:21 AM
I kinda explained that pretty easily in my comments after that.
I just thought you might be able to relate easier to a black reference than something else but it seems regardless if it's balck, white, yellow, orange you're just an idiot.

Unless you were born from 1900-1964, I can easily say that you have never seen more your life than Bill Cosby has seen in his.
Experiences are just more vivid when you see them at their worse and most evil.

I have written who some of my role models are and as I've mentioned before you wouldn't care.

Sweetie, if that's all you got then yes maybe you should take a nap. :lol:
Since you had no response the only thing left was to call me a name which shows everyone what you've got. Obviously Bill is one of the people that you admire or you wouldn't be arguing about others taking him at face value. Like someone else mentioned liking Bill helps you legitimize your own self hate. As far as you calling me an idiot, "Hi pot, Hi kettle". :lol:

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:23 AM
So they should be held up to a higher standard because they are, as you put it, "media-anointed leaders?" They way I see it, they just haven't done as good a job of covering up their sins as the rest of us.
Speak for yourself boo :lol:

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:24 AM
They're still even, sweetie. Sin is sin, period.
I disagree but that's a topic for another day.

harloo
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:33 AM

:confused:

How can any leader cover up their sins like ordinary citizens? They're in the public domain speaking about issues and catering to their base. Everything Jackson, Sharpton, and Cosby does and says is put under the microscope and rightfully so. They seem to be the mouthpieces the media has appointed when any issue concerning race arises. These men can't hide their private lives because their public lives are so controversial.

harloo
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:34 AM

:o You still don't get it.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Since you had no response the only thing left was to call me a name which shows everyone what you've got. Obviously Bill is one of the people that you admire or you wouldn't be arguing about others taking him at face value. Like someone else mentioned liking Bill helps you legitimize your own self hate. As far as you calling me an idiot, "Hi pot, Hi kettle". :lol:

They way I see it, they just haven't done as good a job of covering up their sins as the rest of us.

Speaking of the lack of covering up indiscretions...
Well it seems like you haven't covered them up and actually I used the word idiot since you seem to have a tendency to call people that in your bad reps.

If I remember correctly you even did one to someone this week who didn't even make a comment that was offensive.
So it looks like you called them a name just because you had nothing to say.

It seems like darrin doesn't have to speak for yourself anymore because people in glass houses or in your case a glass motor home...well you can finish the rest saint. ;)

He's acquaintances with two of my role models as I said before if Vivian had an issue with what is said then he has an issue with what was said.
I don't defend everything of what Cosby says but I do believe he has some points.
Those points would be taken seriously but since the black community has an ego and sees nothing wrong with themselves he's just considered the problem.

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:41 AM
That's what I want to know. :worship::worship::worship:

BTW, I'm a she. ;)

glad to know you are a lady :worship: :worship: :worship:

wannabe, like all self hating blacks is so beneath me. i swear, when i was SEVEN i realized why being a self hater was so useless and problematic so to see theoretically older persons like wannabe acting the intellectual inferior of a seven year old its just gross. but i guess thats what you get.

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:47 AM

speak for yourself. i have never NOR WILL I EVER cheat on someone or drug rape someone.

if you or people you know have done things like that, well no wonder you defend the likes of that "man". so dont say "the rest of us" like everyone is that morally and socially bankrupt.

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:50 AM

How can any leader cover up their sins like ordinary citizens? They're in the public domain speaking about issues and catering to their base. Everything Jackson, Sharpton, and Cosby does and says is put under the microscope and rightfully so. They seem to be the mouthpieces the media has appointed when any issue concerning race arises. These men can't hide their private lives because their public lives are so controversial.
My point is that they shouldn't be held to a higher standard than anyone else. The adulterer is no better or worse than the murderer, who is no better or worse than the tax cheat, who is no better or worse than you or I. The sooner we all realize that, the better off we all will be.

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:54 AM
speak for yourself. i have never NOR WILL I EVER cheat on someone or drug rape someone.

if you or people you know have done things like that, well no wonder you defend the likes of that "man". so dont say "the rest of us" like everyone is that morally and socially bankrupt.
Like I said to Liz, your sin appears to be pride, because you think you're "better" than Bill Cosby. You've done SOMETHING, as have we all.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:56 AM
glad to know you are a lady :worship: :worship: :worship:

wannabe, like all self hating blacks is so beneath me. i swear, when i was SEVEN i realized why being a self hater was so useless and problematic so to see theoretically older persons like wannabe acting the intellectual inferior of a seven year old its just gross. but i guess thats what you get.

When I was seven I realized I was getting darker from being in the sun.
So I :shrug: and kept doing me.
I'm brown skin now. I love being brown skin and as you can see I love to flaunt it.
I'm not Michael Jackson who loathes to the point of becoming a white female.

The point is

Get a life. Stop trying to bunch me up with others just because you can't stand the fact that I mess up your ignorant microcasm of what you call an existence.
If you hate me for what I represent which is a new age then fine go ahead.

I just want to tell you that you have been left on the short bus probably before the 21st century started and that's a good thing because now we don't have to worry about your innate message spreading once you die, whenever that is. :wavey:

In the end though I don't think I'm better than you or you're beneath me.
I just pity you and hope you get the hint before most of life passes you by.

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Like I said to Liz, your sin appears to be pride, because you think you're "better" than Bill Cosby. You've done SOMETHING, as have we all.

rape? no.
adultery? no.
anything that is near anything that is near along those lines? no.

i never said i was "better" than bill cosby. and i think your obsession with "pride" being the same is rape is a little crazy. to say the least. you are comparing apples and sudoku. am i proud of who i am, and that i live a good law abiding life: hell fucking yeah. and proud to be proud. does that i mean somehow am like a rapist: hell no. and thats the truth.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:01 PM
i never said i was "better" than bill cosby.
"Wine girl, aisle 5"

LoveFifteen
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:09 PM
"Wine girl, aisle 5"

OH, SNAP! :haha:

Mother Marjorie, I'm liking your more and more with each passing day! :inlove:

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:42 PM
"Wine girl, aisle 5"
wine shops dont have aisles retard.

i mean i know you are a mess but i never thought you were such a mess that they would not even let you inside a wine shop. :lol: :help: what a sad tragic life you must lead, but i guess thats typical of racists. but to not even be allowed past the door to see whats inside. :lol: well you get what you deserve, and you certainly dont deserve any access to such a pleasure.

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:10 PM
all people that in your bad reps.

[quote] If I remember correctly you even did one to someone this week who didn't even make a comment that was offensive.
So it looks like you called them a name just because you had nothing to say.Well you don't remember correctly. I was responding to a bad rep. he sent me for nothing. If someone sends me a rep. for nothing I'm sending one back just like I did to you. If I think I deserve it then I apologize for my statement.

It seems like darrin doesn't have to speak for yourself anymore :confused:

Anyhow, this is my last response to you on this matter. I don't agree that Bill Cosby should be a spokeman for me and I will not give him the benefit of the doubt. If you choose to have him as your spokesperson so be it.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:50 PM
[quote=Wannabeknowitall;10520204]all people that in your bad reps.

Well you don't remember correctly. I was responding to a bad rep. he sent me for nothing. If someone sends me a rep. for nothing I'm sending one back just like I did to you. If I think I deserve it then I apologize for my statement.

Anyhow, this is my last response to you on this matter. I don't agree that Bill Cosby should be a spokeman for me and I will not give him the benefit of the doubt. If you choose to have him as your spokesperson so be it.

Here's a bad rep I received:
mykarma: You're the one that's the racist idiot.

Right. I highlighted a person, a black person mind you, saying racist and culturally insensitive remarks about caucasian people. Obviously I am a racist due to this.

I do remember correctly and and trying to explain why a junior member would give you a bad rep when it does nothing to your reputation is hilarious.
Also I've gotten plenty of bad reps from you without me sending one.

Oh please you have never apologized in this forum ever except for an empty sorry to Denise because of a belief that anyone who confuses Venus with Serena must be a bigot.
Yet everyone has defended Cliff and all you can see is the negative.

Here we go with more overexaggerated :bs:.
Rosie O' Donnell has a point from time to time that I agree with, that does not make her the spokesperson for me.
Nor is Bill Cosby.
The fact here is that Bill Cosby has never ever praised white America but
yet you continue to claim he has through your words.

HippityHop
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM

:tape:

*JR*
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I wish Coz would have addressed the Imus thing. But he and many who did share the same classist prejudice: that someone with higher education (even a future musician, like one of the Rutgers players) is automatically a more important "cog in society" than someone doing an unfulfilling, underpaid job. Incidentally, that great "hero" Michael Jordan doesn't talk publicly about either rappers glorifying bad behavior or racism in the media. :scratch:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I wish Coz would have addressed the Imus thing. But he and many who did share the same classist prejudice: that someone with higher education (even a future musician, like one of the Rutgers players) is automatically a more important "cog in society" than someone doing an unfulfilling, underpaid job. Incidentally, that great "hero" Michael Jordan doesn't talk publicly about either rappers glorifying bad behavior or racism in the media. :scratch:

So this is the thing.
Michael Jordan could speak about rappers glorifying bad behavior but since they also glorify his Air Jordans which now sell for 175 dollars, it wouldn't be smart.
As we said with Imus and his sponsers or lack thereof, all some people see is green.

Now Bill Cosby comments about certain materialistic things should have been a cry out to Michael Jordan and was.
When he was talking about some who would have materialistic goods like Air Jordans but couldn't afford rent that should have been a time for Michael Jordan to say either bring my sneakers down to affordable levels for my community or take my name off the sneakers.

He didn't take the hint but someone did.

I am incredibly proud of Stephon Marbury for doing that.
For seeing that a family shouldn't have to live check to check just because their kids are pressured in the inner cities to want an athlete's name on a pair of sneakers.

mykarma
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:21 PM
[quote=mykarma;10522591]

I do remember correctly and and trying to explain why a junior member would give you a bad rep when it does nothing to your reputation is hilarious.
Also I've gotten plenty of bad reps from you without me sending one.

Oh please you have never apologized in this forum ever except for an empty sorry to Denise because of a belief that anyone who confuses Venus with Serena must be a bigot.
Yet everyone has defended Cliff and all you can see is the negative.

Here we go with more overexaggerated :bs:.
Rosie O' Donnell has a point from time to time that I agree with, that does not make her the spokesperson for me.
Nor is Bill Cosby.
The fact here is that Bill Cosby has never ever praised white America but
yet you continue to claim he has through your words.
You just make up shit as you go along and the only time I've sent you a bad rep is when you've sent me one . You get so many of them you don't know who sent it. As far as you not seeing me respond to someone on this board about a rep., reps. are made privately so why would I respond to it on this board. As far as the person sending me a bad rep. I've already posted it for all to see. As always you're pulling stuff out of your ass just to make a point.

As far as Bill is concerned, you're the one that said we should give Bill the benefit of the doubt. If that's not supporting someone I don't know what is. I also want you to show me where I ever said or implied that Bill Cobsy was praising white people. You just make up shit as you go along. I know you name is wannabeknowitall but it should be don'tknowshitatall.

Have a nice day. :bigwave:

venus_rulez
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I'm Black and I've never understood why so many people criticized Bill Cosby and what he said. He's concerned about his community and voiced his opinions on what he saw going on. How is that different from a mother concerned for her older child? Or a patriotic citizen speaking out about his/her country? You don't have to agree with Bill Cosby, but I think it's stupid and ridiculous to basically say that because he's Black he can't say anything negative about Black people or he's self hating. Of course racism still exists and just because now we don't tolerate blatant racism anymore doesn't mean that the legacy of when we did still effects many Blacks and minorities. In saying that, and maybe this is what Bill Cosby meant, was that there are plenty of people in the Black community (and in all communities) that don't need racism, hatred or "The man" to be the reason they don't succeed because they are failing out of schools, doing drugs, and killing each other all on their own.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:02 PM
[quote=Wannabeknowitall;10523002]
You just make up shit as you go along and the only time I've sent you a bad rep is when you've sent me one . You get so many of them you don't know who sent it. As far as you not seeing me respond to someone on this board about a rep., reps. are made privately so why would I respond to it on this board. As far as the person sending me a bad rep. I've already posted it for all to see. As always you're pulling stuff out of your ass just to make a point.

As far as Bill is concerned, you're the one that said we should give Bill the benefit of the doubt. If that's not supporting someone I don't know what is. I also want you to show me where I ever said or implied that Bill Cobsy was praising white people. You just make up shit as you go along. I know you name is wannabeknowitall but it should be don'tknowshitatall.

Have a nice day. :bigwave:

So much for this statement:

[quote=Wannabeknowitall;10520204]

Anyhow, this is my last response to you on this matter.

You think people will actually believe you when you can't even obey your own statements. :lol:

Sweetheart, we went over this 9 months ago when you had an issue with me and said then that I have tons of bad reps.
Obviously you're still pissed about something from that time because you keep on bringing up the same things.

Again my statement to you about that is same exact thing.
Nothing has changed.
I still have a page of good reps visible on my USER CR as I did then. :lol:
I've been maxed out with good reps for over 18 months.

If you can claim something that obviously isn't true when it comes to me, then you can do it with others and you have done it with Bill Cosby.

I said that Bill Cosby knows Vivian Stringer and if she has an issue with this then he does as well instead of saying:

or using Bill's indiscretions as some kind of obstacle for someone to voice an opinion.

Your detest of Bill is obvious.
I've done enough by letting you rant your hate of him.

:yawn: to the insult.
You're like a broken record.
How about doing something new for a change.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I'm Black and I've never understood why so many people criticized Bill Cosby and what he said. He's concerned about his community and voiced his opinions on what he saw going on. How is that different from a mother concerned for her older child? Or a patriotic citizen speaking out about his/her country? You don't have to agree with Bill Cosby, but I think it's stupid and ridiculous to basically say that because he's Black he can't say anything negative about Black people or he's self hating. Of course racism still exists and just because now we don't tolerate blatant racism anymore doesn't mean that the legacy of when we did still effects many Blacks and minorities. In saying that, and maybe this is what Bill Cosby meant, was that there are plenty of people in the Black community (and in all communities) that don't need racism, hatred or "The man" to be the reason they don't succeed because they are failing out of schools, doing drugs, and killing each other all on their own.

It isn't what he said and I challenge you to find a post when I criticized what he said; I said that he should use his own family problems as an example for blakcs who are similar situations to not make the mistakes he did.

Wigglytuff
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:30 PM

wow!!!! ok.

1- no one said that he cant be critical of other blacks because he is black. no one said anything of the sort.

2-the problem (which has already been addressed in full) is that if you are (as he is) someone who has cheated (repeated) on his wife, drugged a least one woman to have sex with her (aka rape), and a list of other things. that rapist, cheater, prick has NO RIGHT to tell ANYONE about morals let alone an entire community.

i said the same thing about that former nazi, pro-child rape prick some people call the pope. when you used to be a nazi and you repeated went out of your way to prevent men you know where actively sexually abusing children from having to face a court of law (aka pro-child rape) you are in no place to tell anyone about how to live their lives. not that bill cosby is quite that bad, but again its not bill's blackness that is in question here.

its the hypocrisy (not to mention the "how did you avoid jail") of it all that is the problem.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:37 PM

I agree.

And it's sad that people think that Bill Cosby can't speak because of the issues he has as a father and a husband.

If that was the case, someone like Stephon Marbury might not have sold sneakers that are associated with him at only 15 bucks to make competition with other athletes who basically sell their souls to Nike, Adidas, and other brands, which perpetuate the trend of bringing the black community down by pressuring them to invest in something that could have them living check to check.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 15th, 2007, 01:06 AM
wine shops dont have aisles retard.

i mean i know you are a mess but i never thought you were such a mess that they would not even let you inside a wine shop. :lol: :help: what a sad tragic life you must lead, but i guess thats typical of racists.

First of all, I keep a plentiful stock of wine in my basement. Most of it, my man provides for me, because he loves Mother Marjorie. And I'm sure he knows much, much more about wine than you, considering all that wine comes from his family's vineyard in California. I don't HAVE to know anything about wine.

Secondly, anything that breathes and moves and is white, you consider racist. Considering the bar you set, you are just preaching to choir, hun.

but to not even be allowed past the door to see whats inside. :lol: well you get what you deserve, and you certainly dont deserve any access to such a pleasure.
Sorry, but Mother Marjorie doesn't swing that way. Keep the lez stuff to yourself.

You are not worthy.

Wigglytuff
Apr 15th, 2007, 01:20 AM
First of all, I keep a plentiful stock of wine in my basement.
:lol: :lol: :lol: um since when can crack whores like yourself afford wine??

talk about delusional. :lol: :lol: well if you can get the real thing you certainly have the right to dream. like i said its all you deserve. :wavey:

No Name Face
Apr 15th, 2007, 01:42 AM
in theory, i agree with what bill cosby said way back when about the black community. i do acknowledge that it probably should have come from another black person though, given that it seems somewhat hypocritical coming from cosby.

i do think that yet again, people are digging themselves into a hole and others are being way too sensitive.

and i have to address the following because it is truly insane:

why!? he laundry listed five or six. he proved the point.

what!? because SOME rock artists are misogynistic she wouldn't make a band? that's like saying missy elliot shouldn't rap because SOME rappers are misogynistic.

everyone who knows rock music knows that ozzy has nothing to do with ozzfest (logistically speaking). sharon runs all of the business aspects of it. so let's draw a causal link: sharon = woman, jada = woman, jada = revenue
and so it is.

right. because halle berry is the ambassador for all things black.
you can't make points like this to back up your argument because it's possible that halle didn't know OR care enough to really think her presence in a rock video would mean she supports misogynists.

how do you know what has been consistent or not? again with these blanket statements that are supposed to have validity but fall short. an offense is an offense. you mean to tell me that if someone says a racist thing once but never again that the initial racist remark is excusable because it was never said again? am i not getting something? that is absurd.

right. this doesn't negate the fact that they have said sexist/misogynistic things.

-----

wannabe, i try with you because we used to get lumped into the same category. i consider myself a progressive black person (this is confused with self hating when another immature black poster doesn't agree with your views, but i digress) but i mean...time and time again, i just don't get your logic. i could do this with countless other posts of yours in this thread, but i really, really don't have the time. this one in particular sorta got on my nerves though. sorry.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 15th, 2007, 02:44 AM
in theory, i agree with what bill cosby said way back when about the black community. i do acknowledge that it probably should have come from another black person though, given that it seems somewhat hypocritical coming from cosby.

i do think that yet again, people are digging themselves into a hole and others are being way too sensitive.

and i have to address the following because it is truly insane:

why!? he laundry listed five or six. he proved the point.

what!? because SOME rock artists are misogynistic she wouldn't make a band? that's like saying missy elliot shouldn't rap because SOME rappers are misogynistic.

everyone who knows rock music knows that ozzy has nothing to do with ozzfest (logistically speaking). sharon runs all of the business aspects of it. so let's draw a causal link: sharon = woman, jada = woman, jada = revenue
and so it is.

right. because halle berry is the ambassador for all things black.
you can't make points like this to back up your argument because it's possible that halle didn't know OR care enough to really think her presence in a rock video would mean she supports misogynists.

how do you know what has been consistent or not? again with these blanket statements that are supposed to have validity but fall short. an offense is an offense. you mean to tell me that if someone says a racist thing once but never again that the initial racist remark is excusable because it was never said again? am i not getting something? that is absurd.

right. this doesn't negate the fact that they have said sexist/misogynistic things.

-----

wannabe, i try with you because we used to get lumped into the same category. i consider myself a progressive black person (this is confused with self hating when another immature black poster doesn't agree with your views, but i digress) but i mean...time and time again, i just don't get your logic. i could do this with countless other posts of yours in this thread, but i really, really don't have the time. this one in particular sorta got on my nerves though. sorry.

No Halle Berry is not the ambassador for all things black, I've seen her dance. :eek:

Well if the point was to attack a few groups in a genre that black people consider "white" and then try to equat it to the consistently in your face sexism that happens in hip-hop then yes the point was proved.

You're acting as if rock/metal has never been attacked before in the media.
Do we forget things so easily?
Columbine? Marilyn Manson and everything else labeled metal with sexist and and dark undertones was chastised.

That incident was used as a catalyst to change things within that genre and from that point on metal has never gotten back to the point that it was before that incident in sales and in controversial material.

Now it's time to look at hip hop in a similar light and see what can and should be done.

If you were to look at history of solo female MCs, you might notice that there is a time of about three to four years where they basically dissapear and in that it just happened to be that gangsta rap was at its most popular and most destructive.

There was that time in metal as well.
Jada Pinkett would not be able to survive in the 90s with a heavy metal band, she's barely able to survive now.

I don't do logistically speaking when it comes to factors as to who deserves credit and not much of society does as well.
That's like saying since Pam Shriver doesn't herself participates on the court as much as some think at her charity event with her name on it, she doesn't deserve any credit at all for it.

Or saying when Rosie O' Donnell does her gay cruises, she doesn't deserve credit for the things done just because her lover is the organizer.
The HBO movie was called All Abroad! Rosie's Family Cruise not All Abroad! Rosie significant other Kelli's Family Cruise.

I think after the Eric Benet incident, I'm pretty sure that Halle researches anyone she kisses in public to make sure they're not a pig.
OMG guess what, it works. ;)

First of all if any of those groups have said a racist thing, I'm pretty sure one of the posters on here would have gone power blogging to make sure people knew about it.

When it comes to Imus though I have never defended what he said.

When it comes to heavy metal/rock which has already been dealt a stigma, in the last 10 years, no I'm not going to try to crush it down even more just because people think I should.

The fact of the matter is heavy metal/rock was already given it's pink slip, it's not as sick as it was before, it might have some sexist qualities still about it but it's not in every hit compared to hip hop in which it's in almost every rhyme as even Della Reese can be quoted as saying.

Again I really don't care if you get my logic or not.
If you get it fine, if not that's fine too.
Some do and some just will never ever get it.
We've been at this point before where I've gone way out of my way to explain myself to you, you finally get it and then the next day we're back at square one.

No Name Face
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:08 AM
i only responded to things that i could directly provide an answer to, so if i skipped something, it was just because i had nothing to provide:

You're acting as if rock/metal has never been attacked before in the media.
Do we forget things so easily?
Columbine? Marilyn Manson and everything else labeled metal with sexist and and dark undertones was chastised.

yeah. the band (not the genre as a whole) was attacked because countless kids died in a school massacre. rap/hip-hop (as a genre) gets attacked every day. people act like these artists have no talent, which is absurd.

There was that time in metal as well.
Jada Pinkett would not be able to survive in the 90s with a heavy metal band, she's barely able to survive now.

jada pinkett is just not really a believable rock artist. period.

When it comes to heavy metal/rock which has already been dealt a stigma, in the last 10 years, no I'm not going to try to crush it down even more just because people think I should.

what kind of stigma, really? the stigma is not nearly as prevalent as in rap music.

The fact of the matter is heavy metal/rock was already given it's pink slip, it's not as sick as it was before, it might have some sexist qualities still about it but it's not in every hit compared to hip hop in which it's in almost every rhyme as even Della Reese can be quoted as saying.

that's a ballfaced lie. how can you even say that? i'm no hip hop connosieur (sp?), but even i can attest that that's a terrible TERRIBLE generalization. every hip hop rap hit doesn't have misogynistic lyrics. actually, it's usually the one hit wonders who are the noted misogynists. respectable hip hop/rap artists who have not berated women in their music are kanye west, outkast, 2pac (who is probably the most famous of them all and has stated NUMEROUS times in his own songs that we need to stop mistreating our women), talib kweli, early nas (i only say early because i haven't paid attention to his new stuff), NEED I GO ON?

Again I really don't care if you get my logic or not.
If you get it fine, if not that's fine too.
Some do and some just will never ever get it.
We've been at this point before where I've gone way out of my way to explain myself to you, you finally get it and then the next day we're back at square one.

it's not that i'm disagreeing with your logic, it's that sometimes i can hardly acknowledge that THERE IS logic behind your posts.
and you're right, sometimes i do get you...and that's when i don't say anything. but it's not a univeral thing...sometimes you make sense, other times you don't. it's really that simple.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:30 AM
i only responded to things that i could directly provide an answer to, so if i skipped something, it was just because i had nothing to provide:

yeah. the band (not the genre as a whole) was attacked because countless kids died in a school massacre. rap/hip-hop (as a genre) gets attacked every day. people act like these artists have no talent, which is absurd.

jada pinkett is just not really a believable rock artist. period.

what kind of stigma, really? the stigma is not nearly as prevalent as in rap music.

that's a ballfaced lie. how can you even say that? i'm no hip hop connosieur (sp?), but even i can attest that that's a terrible TERRIBLE generalization. every hip hop rap hit doesn't have misogynistic lyrics. actually, it's usually the one hit wonders who are the noted misogynists. respectable hip hop/rap artists who have not berated women in their music are kanye west, outkast, 2pac (who is probably the most famous of them all and has stated NUMEROUS times in his own songs that we need to stop mistreating our women), talib kweli, early nas (i only say early because i haven't paid attention to his new stuff), NEED I GO ON?

it's not that i'm disagreeing with your logic, it's that sometimes i can hardly acknowledge that THERE IS logic behind your posts.
and you're right, sometimes i do get you...and that's when i don't say anything. but it's not a univeral thing...sometimes you make sense, other times you don't. it's really that simple.

No it was not only the band, it was the genre and the genre took the most of the fault years after the incident in sales.

I believe she has some talent there.
I love to watch her performance on David Letterman on youtube, very hot.

What kind of stigma? metal= devil.
It's still there.

Media has never consistently attacked rap music unless you count FOX News 24/7 and I don't recommend doing that.

I didn't say it. Della Reese did.
If you have a problem go after her not me.
Not true.
Kanye has said some things in his lyrics that are sexist.
Outkast has had videos which are sexist and if you do a little research on Erykah Badu and her chosen one belief about Andre 3000 which is a bit out there, you might find a little sexism.
Again it wasn't me who went after him like that, it was a few urban radio DJs that mentioned it.

And no it's sometimes I don't make sense to you and sometimes I do make sense to you, no generalizations necessary.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:39 AM
:lol: WTA WORLD should have its own reality show with its "entertaining" cast of characters:devil:

harloo
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:36 AM

And neither did Cosby speak out about issues plaguing the black community until his son was brutally murdered by two non-blacks. Most people don't think Cosby is sincere because he flat out refused to associate himself with black issues during the height of his career.

Michael Jordan has always maintained a position of silence on all black related issues, as a matter of fact Mike stays away from ANY controversy in an effort to protect his image.

Cosby doesn't mind telling the Washington Post their statistics are wrong about the well-being of black men. When the study was done and the results came out mildly positive, Cos refuted them. They were being too positive concerning the state of black men in this country. So why isn't he on the forefront defending these educated women since they embody everything he preaches about? His silence on this controversy is very telling of his mentality.:)

harloo
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:40 AM
I agree.

And it's sad that people think that Bill Cosby can't speak because of the issues he has as a father and a husband.

If that was the case, someone like Stephon Marbury might not have sold sneakers that are associated with him at only 15 bucks to make competition with other athletes who basically sell their souls to Nike, Adidas, and other brands, which perpetuate the trend of bringing the black community down by pressuring them to invest in something that could have them living check to check.

:) Wannabe, do you know how ridiculous this analogy sounds? What does Cosby's ability to be a respectful father and husband have to do with Stephon Marbury selling a cheap shoe? :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:42 AM
:) Wannabe, do you know how ridiculous this analogy sounds? What does Cosby's ability to be a respectful father and husband have to do with Stephon Marbury selling a cheap shoe? :lol:

I'm sure you know what I mean. :ras:
I'm just giving an example of what could happen if people don't voice their opinions because their "house isn't clean".
They're not cheap shoes, they're affordable.
Cheap implies poor quality and they're not poor quality.

mykarma
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:16 PM
And neither did Cosby speak out about issues plaguing the black community until his son was brutally murdered by two non-blacks. Most people don't think Cosby is sincere because he flat out refused to associate himself with black issues during the height of his career.

Michael Jordan has always maintained a position of silence on all black related issues, as a matter of fact Mike stays away from ANY controversy in an effort to protect his image.

Cosby doesn't mind telling the Washington Post their statistics are wrong about the well-being of black men. When the study was done and the results came out mildly positive, Cos refuted them. They were being too positive concerning the state of black men in this country. So why isn't he on the forefront defending these educated women since they embody everything he preaches about? His silence on this controversy is very telling of his mentality.:)
That's exactly why I don't support him. He's a self serving hypocrite. I can only imagine what his reaction would have been it his son was murdered by two black men. Bill Cosby has done some of the same things that he accused young black men of doing. The only difference is he has the money to fix it.

*JR*
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:40 PM
i said the same thing about that former nazi, pro-child rape prick some people call the pope.
"Lord knows" I'm not religious. But (unlike soon 2B "Saint" JP2, who was probably shielded during his physical decline this decade from most of the details) the new Pope has been far tougher re. the child rapist priests. And once again, as a kid he was enrolled in the Hitler youth like practically all German teen boys, but in fact deserted @ personal risk of his life. And you've even admitted in the past that you know he wasn't a "real Nazi". (Ironically, you use the tactic of "the Big Lie" perfected by Hitler's propagandist Josef Goebbels). :rolleyes:

meyerpl
Apr 15th, 2007, 08:44 PM
"Heavy metal fans are buying heavy metal albums, listening to the lyrics and blowing their heads off with shotguns......where's the problem?"

Dennis Leary

mykarma
Apr 15th, 2007, 09:49 PM
"Heavy metal fans are buying heavy metal albums, listening to the lyrics and blowing their heads off with shotguns......where's the problem?"

Dennis Leary
Nuff said. :worship:

RVD
Apr 15th, 2007, 11:23 PM

Dennis LearyThe promotion of methamphetamine, cocain, heroin, acid, mescaline, lovely magic mushrooms, or any related drug use [and/or sells thereof] that can literally knock an elephant on it’s ass. In fact, the latest I’d personally heard of was elephant tranquilizer being the new in thing some years ago. Much of this takes place at Raves and Rock concerts.
Or how about Ecstasy and its knock-off versions, as well as date rape drugs?
Yep, Rock music is clean as a MF, and promotes all that is American [promuscurity and rape].
In contrast, the vast majority of Rap music, promotes awareness. :lol:

So I’m with Dennis Leary...I see no problem with Rock.
Let the good times [I]roooolllll!!!! :hehehe:

*JR*
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:34 PM
So this is the thing.
Michael Jordan could speak about rappers glorifying bad behavior but since they also glorify his Air Jordans which now sell for 175 dollars, it wouldn't be smart.
As we said with Imus and his sponsers or lack thereof, all some people see is green.

Now Bill Cosby comments about certain materialistic things should have been a cry out to Michael Jordan and was.
When he was talking about some who would have materialistic goods like Air Jordans but couldn't afford rent that should have been a time for Michael Jordan to say either bring my sneakers down to affordable levels for my community or take my name off the sneakers.

He didn't take the hint but someone did.

I am incredibly proud of Stephon Marbury for doing that.
For seeing that a family shouldn't have to live check to check just because their kids are pressured in the inner cities to want an athlete's name on a pair of sneakers.
One of the very best posts on this board about the "race stories" of the past week or so. :yeah:

"Sluggy"
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yes, that is a good analysis.

exodus'05
Apr 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I do not agree with everything Bill Cosby says/claims, but even if he were a murderer, the things he's saying would still be very true.

roarke
Apr 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Why does Bill Cosby have to say anything on the Don Imus issue in the first place? Why would anyone be so destructive as to call Bill Cosby an Uncle Tom. So he is telling Black America to take responsibility for themselves He speak about what concern him and right now it is the plight of our black Kids. Any fool can look around and see the our kids are in trouble.

roarke
Apr 16th, 2007, 05:15 PM

lol....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce:

roarke
Apr 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Oh please, those these three frat boys got screwed, big fucking deal! Your kind has been screwing over mankind since you found a faster way to kill more people.

Vlover
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Oh please, those these three frat boys got screwed, big fucking deal! Your kind has been screwing over mankind since you found a faster way to kill more people.

Let's be very clear, Smarmy and people of her ilk are only concern if the victims are white.:rolleyes: I wonder what she has to say about this statement that one of those boys made, which is if this can happen to him then he can't imagine what its like for people who don't get the exposure or finances for the defence that they had. Therefore Smarmy your anger is misplaced because it is the white controlled justice system is responsible for this not blacks because they been victims of this system for hundred of years to present.:help:

miffedmax
Apr 16th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Vlover, I hadn't heard that comment from the accused. Maybe there's hope and some people will take away a sense that an accused person is, under our system, still innocent, and that's true regardless of who they are.

And meyerpl and RVD, can I at least say, in defense of metal (which comes in many genres other than "heavy") that there's something to be said for purported musicians who at least make an effort at playing musical instruments? ;)

RVD
Apr 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Vlover, I hadn't heard that comment from the accused. Maybe there's hope and some people will take away a sense that an accused person is, under our system, still innocent, and that's true regardless of who they are.

And meyerpl and RVD, can I at least say, in defense of metal (which comes in many genres other than "heavy") that there's something to be said for purported musicians who at least make an effort at playing musical instruments? ;) :lol: Sure, but only if I can at least say...the sounds coming from much of the “metal-genre(d)” instruments sounds like 30,000 cats getting neutered without anesthesia. :lol:

But you do have a point. Some of the rappers out there are in desperate need of voice lessons. :scared: Hopefully that would come after the emergency brain transplants. :tape:

miffedmax
Apr 16th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I knew we'd find common ground! :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:31 PM
And meyerpl and RVD, can I at least say, in defense of metal (which comes in many genres other than "heavy") that there's something to be said for purported musicians who at least make an effort at playing musical instruments? ;)

:worship:
Although at the same time, those people know what they will use from the get go; I play the drums in the band, I'm going to play the drums for a majority of the time.
A hip hop producer even if it's synthesized has to pick the instruments he wants to use, the background beats, the rhythm of those background beats and make sure they don't clash with the rap and usually by themselves.
Even dance remixers have to do that to a degree.

And I don't believe they do need voice lessons, RVD.
The song We Fly High is a nice example of that.
Although the chorus sounds really wrong, it's really right and complicated.

I will say though I have the most respect in music for the singer/songwriter.

Wigglytuff
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:06 AM
:lol: Sure, but only if I can at least say...the sounds coming from much of the “metal-genre(d)” instruments sounds like 30,000 cats getting neutered without anesthesia. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :tape: :worship: :worship: :help: my boss things this kind of music is a good idea for playing in a wine shop :sad: :hysteric: :explode: :explode: :explode:

samsung101
Apr 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Once again, disagree with the Progressive, Tolerant, Diversified,
Loving, Embracing Left, and you get slammed with a racial slur.

Bill Cosby doesn't owe anyone a comment on this issue. Maybe he
doesn't think Imus is worth a comment.

His contributions to education and scholarships and promotion of
black advancement speak well for him - over decades.

The Rutgers team spoke very well for themselves anyway. They
represented themselves extremely well.

Much like Condi Rice and Colin Powell and Michael Steele, people who
are accomplished, educated, admired, and yet called every deragatory
term (very often and regularly) by the Left (black and white), Bill
Cosby is slammed for daring to say - be accountable at home for
the black children, the future, and their actions. Start at home,
stop just blaming everyone and everything else. Do it ourselves.
Fix ourselves. Stay in school. Spend money on a book, not a pair
of sneakers. Make govt. more accountable, but don't use that
as a crutch.

trivfun
Apr 17th, 2007, 10:59 PM

He is a second-tier bully. He can't bully the white man that will make him look bad so he bullies black people and get paid for it.

Wigglytuff
Apr 18th, 2007, 05:23 AM
He is a second-tier bully. He can't bully the white man that will make him look bad so he bullies black people and get paid for it.
never heard that phrase but it works.