PDA

View Full Version : If So Many Whites Are SO Offended By Hip Hop Videos....

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:23 AM
why I am seeing mroe rap videos in the last few days than I have in the past 12 months? If these whites are so offended and hate that black men are demeaning black women, then why are they are showing scantily clad black women in these videos non sotp when they are doing the Imus story? Just goes to show that they are hypocrites; they claim they don't want to show what they say is filth, but they are showing it? Why? so white guys can whack off to what they see?

LoveFifteen
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:25 AM
White people are pure evil, lizchris, and nothing they do makes any sense. They are all hypocrites and frauds. God chose you to be a prophet to the world ... keep spreading the message! :hearts:

cellophane
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:30 AM
White people are pure evil, lizchris, and nothing they do makes any sense. They are all hypocrites and frauds. God chose you to be a prophet to the world ... keep spreading the message! :hearts:

I think she is one of many who post here. :tape:

Keadz
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:31 AM
wouldn't want to generalize at all...not your style obviously!

new-york
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:33 AM
for the same reasons some women fight not to be restricted to hot bodies and Beyoncé is all over the place.

uh.
things can't be questionned that way.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:35 AM
for the same reasons some women fight not to be restricted to hot bodies and Beyoncé is all over the place.

uh.
things can't be questionned that way.

That reasoning is a retarded as it is for a nutsack like Joe Scarborough to slam hip hop videos, but use Kanye's song "Gold Digger" as bumper music to his show.

new-york
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:37 AM
That reasoning is a retarded as it is for a nutsack like Joe Scarborough to slam hip hop videos, but use Kanye's song "Gold Digger" as bumper music to his show.

maybe the song's title is the answer of your first question.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:39 AM
maybe the song's title is the answer of your first question.

Good point.

new-york
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:42 AM
Good point.

however, i'd like you to specify on which whites are hypocrites because i'm sure that the ones broadcasting all those vids are not quite the ones despising them.

globally.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:52 AM
however, i'd like you to specify on which whites are hypocrites because i'm sure that the ones broadcasting all those vids are not quite the ones despising them.

globally.

Anyone who works at Fox News
Joe Scarborough (MSNBC)
Pat Buchanan
Curtis Sliwa (head of the Guardian Angels)
Some EPSN TV and radio hosts

Honoable mention:

Michelle Malkin (she isn't white; just an annoying bitch who, if she could, blame blacks for being created)

new-york
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:04 AM
but you know, i'm more concerned about what is the current Hip-Hop message than about how people try to use a good selling type of music for their maybe questionable interest.
Especially when some lyrics/contents/images produced by the Hip Hop really need to be questioned.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:19 AM
but you know, i'm more concerned about what is the current Hip-Hop message than about how people try to use a good selling type of music for their maybe questionable interest.
Especially when some lyrics/contents/images produced by the Hip Hop really need to be questioned.

Look, rap (now called hip hop) music has been going down the drain sincethe late 1980's. When the West Coast took over rap and the demographics of who was buying the music changed, the genre started is slow desent into the toilet.

Rocketta
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:45 AM
well I was going to say good luck getting people to talk about this topic (because I think they were just pulling that rap bit out of their ass) but that was before I read the thread. Liz, was this a thread to discuss the topic or for you to rant? :confused:

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:49 AM
well I was going to say good luck getting people to talk about this topic (because I think they were just pulling that rap bit out of their ass) but that was before I read the thread. Liz, was this a thread to discuss the topic or for you to rant? :confused:

This is a thread to discuss the topic, but you see very few people are discussing it because no one has a good answer to my question. Most people know people in the media are hypocrites in more ways than one,

Rocketta
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:57 AM
This is a thread to discuss the topic, but you see very few people are discussing it because no one has a good answer to my question. Most people know people in the media are hypocrites in more ways than one,

eh, it might also be the way the question was asked. ;)

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:02 AM

Yes keep spreading the message in a place called Waco, Texas.
That's where all God's prophets come to share their message to the world.

GoDominique
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Shut up lizbitch.

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:10 AM
eh, it might also be the way the question was asked. ;)

Maybe, but I have to calle it like I see it. The whties who were up in arms now about these videos were nowhere to be found when the ladies of Spellman College protested Nelly coming on to their campus to talk about bone marrow transplants after one student saw that nasty video of his (BTW, his career has never recovered from that protest). They were no where to be found when NY Daily News columnists Stanley Crouch and Errol Lewis started their campaigns against hip hop (though I think Crouch has gone a little too far). And where wese these peoplewhen Essence magazine did the same?

It's like a new saying I just made up; Don't try to offer me a glass of water when I have just been to the well.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:19 AM
why I am seeing mroe rap videos in the last few days than I have in the past 12 months? If these whites are so offended and hate that black men are demeaning black women, then why are they are showing scantily clad black women in these videos non sotp when they are doing the Imus story? Just goes to show that they are hypocrites; they claim they don't want to show what they say is filth, but they are showing it? Why? so white guys can whack off to what they see?
Well, I think that most whites regard gangsta rap and negative hip hop lyrics a black cultural issue that symbolically mirrors their own existance. It is very important for these "rappers" to have "street credibility."

If black women choose to be regarded as "hos" and "bitches" then that's their problem. Maybe they like being treated like second class citizens by their own men?

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Maybe, but I have to calle it like I see it. The whties who were up in arms now about these videos were nowhere to be found when the ladies of Spellman College protested Nelly coming on to their campus to talk about bone marrow transplants after one student saw that nasty video of his (BTW, his career has never recovered from that protest). They were no where to be found when NY Daily News columnists Stanley Crouch and Errol Lewis started their campaigns against hip hop (though I think Crouch has gone a little too far). And where wese these peoplewhen Essence magazine did the same?

It's like a new saying I just made up; Don't try to offer me a glass of water when I have just been to the well.

Nelly has had the same amount of number one hits after the incident as he did before the incident.
If any of those ladies make the comment that they weren't dancing to Shake Ya Tailfeather just months after the incident in question then they're lieing.

It was a stupid thing to do.
Again here comes this complex that just because someone does something that can be considered wrong they can't voice their opinion on something worthy.
Nelly is trying to get more blacks into the National Bone Marrow Donor program to save lives of black people.
He saw what he considered a prejudice and is trying to do something about it.

You don't make a stand like that.
God Forbid one of those girls has luekemia and then can't find a donor.

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Well, I think that most whites regard gangsta rap and negative hip hop lyrics a black cultural issue that mirrors their own existance

If black women choose to be regarded as "hos" and "bitches" then that's their problem.
If that's truly the case, Marjorie, then I must conclude that "most whites" are morons.

silverwhite
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:44 AM

:worship:

mckyle.
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I'd prefer to be called European-American, not white, because it is derogatory and I could get you kicked off the message board for being racially insensitive.

DutchieGirl
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Great way to generalise there! :yeah:

I think it's all not good, when anyone has to use scantily clad women shaking their asses in front of the camera to sell something. Whether the people selling be black/white/purple/whatever and whether the women be black/white/whatever...

spokenword73
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I'd prefer to be called European-American, not white, because it is derogatory and I could get you kicked off the message board for being racially insensitive.

Since when is being called white a slur? I thought white people liked being white :shrug:

LoveFifteen
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Since when is being called white a slur? I thought white people liked being white :shrug:

I hate being called white! White people are evil and hypocritical. I prefer to be called "really light-skinned".

I bathe in tea every day to make my skin darker. One day, lizchris may accept me as her disciple! :hearts:

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:21 AM
That poster was joking, my friend.

Erika_Angel
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM
The whities who were up in arms now about these videos were nowhere to be found when the ladies of Spellman College protested Nelly coming on to their campus to talk about bone marrow transplants after one student saw that nasty video of his (BTW, his career has never recovered from that protest).

I shudder to imagine your reaction should somebody refer to African-Americans as 'blackies' :rolleyes:

Jakeev
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:44 AM
The reality of the matter is is that most of America could care less about this whole situation.

I even know people that not only did not know who Don Imus was, but that there was even a women's basketball team at Rutgers University.

Now that to me is sadder than any of these posts about the topics at hand.

Meteor Shower
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:49 AM
If they show it they are hypocrites,
if they do not show it people will use the race card.

:shrug:

"Sluggy"
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I don't see why people have a problem with seeing sexy women on television. Hip Hop has been around a long time so people should not be surprised to see it on television. Maybe cause I have strong like for rap music especially the classic stuff like tribe called quest and PE etc. I can understand some people do not like the hardcore element though.

meyerpl
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Fuck....you're on to us! O.K, I'll come clean. White people had a meeting. We decided to rally around Imus. Our stratagy was to decry hip-hop music and videos as degrading and demeaning to women, thereby drawing attention away from the I-man and justifying his words at the same time. Now, at the meeting, we discussed the fact that we were going to continue saturating the market with the demeaning and degrading music because it serves our purposes, both social and economic. We realized that this could be viewed as hypocritical, but in our blind contempt, we concluded that non-whites are too stupid to ever figure it out.
I guess we overlooked you and your razor-sharp perception. Damn. We whities are busted again!

timafi
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Honoable mention:

Michelle Malkin (she isn't white; just an annoying bitch who, if she could, blame blacks for being created)

I cannot stand that bitch
she got insulted by that Malik dude 2 days ago,I was left:speakles: when he called her a republican slut/prostitute:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glenn Beck pisses me off big time:mad:

LoveFifteen
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Fuck....you're on to us! O.K, I'll come clean. White people had a meeting. We decided to rally around Imus. Our stratagy was to decry hip-hop music and videos as degrading and demeaning to women, thereby drawing attention away from the I-man and justifying his words at the same time. Now, at the meeting, we discussed the fact that we were going to continue saturating the market with the demeaning and degrading music because it serves our purposes, both social and economic. We realized that this could be viewed as hypocritical, but in our blind contempt, we concluded that non-whites are too stupid to ever figure it out.
I guess we overlooked you and your razor-sharp perception. Damn. We whities are busted again!

That meeting was great. I got to re-connect with so many white brothers. Lizchris, do you know who chaired the meeting? BILL COSBY!!! :speakles:

meyerpl
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:43 PM
My sarcastic post wasn't meant to imply that the army of right-wing bigots on talk radio belching-out hot air about Imus and hip-hop lyrics in recent days aren't a bunch of bald-faced hypocrites, because they are.

Vlover
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM
My sarcastic post wasn't meant to imply that the army of right-wing bigots on talk radio belching-out hot air about Imus and hip-hop lyrics in recent days aren't a bunch of bald-faced hypocrites, because they are.

I'm glad you clarified because I expected such a response from some but not from you. It's also good that you recognized that the right-wing agenda is not to rid the air waves of hate and bigotry but to make sure they are always free to do this as they desire. Their greatest fear is to lose power and control of the status quo and only means of accomplishing this is to divide and conquer and therefore that is why bigotry is always their greatest tool.
They will always provide someone for you to hate such as blacks, latinos, gays, muslims, liberals, east coast, west coast.......

lizchris
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I cannot stand that bitch
she got insulted by that Malik dude 2 days ago,I was left:speakles: when he called her a republican slut/prostitute:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glenn Beck pisses me off big time:mad:

Thank you for reminding me about that reformed pot smoker who now thinks he is the most righteous person on planet Earth.

BTW, I heard about that crack Malik Shabazz made and I was rolling because he was so right.

miffedmax
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:32 PM
That meeting was great. I got to re-connect with so many white brothers. Lizchris, do you know who chaired the meeting? BILL COSBY!!! :speakles:

Although I have to ask who the fuck invited the Irish?

Apoleb
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I would agree with the thread starter that "hip hop" sexism (if so you want to call it) is not a problem only within the Black community. Sure, it's mostly black people (I'm hesitent about this) who make hip hop music, but the consumers are largely white people, and hip hop has even gone to be a worldwide phenomenon. Seems like there's a general problem in the perception of women in the world. So basically, bringing the whole hip hop thing as an argument that some black people have double standards is ridiculous, since hip hop appeals to a mainly white mainstream US audience and to a worldwide audience even.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I would agree with the thread starter that "hip hop" sexism (if so you want to call it) is not a problem only within the Black community. Sure, it's mostly black people (I'm hesitent about this) who make hip hop music, but the consumers are largely white people, and hip hop has even gone to be a worldwide phenomenon. Seems like there's a general problem in the perception of women in the world. So basically, bringing the whole hip hop thing as an argument that some black people have double standards is ridiculous, since hip hop appeals to a mainly white mainstream US audience and to a worldwide audience even.

The consumers are largely white people because black people don't mind buying the bootlegs thus getting an album cheaper but not having it count as an official sell.
Plus there's really no such thing as the white suburban hustler.
Why hustle when as many people have mentioned before with a certain demographic, they can leech off of daddy.
If those bootlegs were actually counted you would find out that that stat is pretty flawed.

Any artist that leaves the country whether they are in hip hop or not usually has a better support when it comes to worldwide.

If you would actually listen to any of the hip hop artist you speak of who have concerts worldwide, many will tell you that their worldwide fans, know every single lyric word for word.
The thing is in many cases they have no idea what it means.
So this degradation of women is not a worldwide perception at all.
And you can usually see that in the way women are treated.
In Europe the separation between men and women when it comes money is not what is in America.
There still is a separation but not where America is.

Apoleb
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM
The thing is in many cases they have no idea what it means.
So this degradation of women is not a worldwide perception at all.

Right, and they don't see the videos and have no fucking clue of what the rappers are talking about. :weirdo: Or that most who enjoy anglophone music in the world happen to know a tad bit about English. Point is, hip hop doesn't just appeal to a black audience, and most people who like hip hop can very much understand what the rappers are talking about.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Right, and they don't see the videos and have no fucking clue of what the rappers are talking about. :weirdo: Or that most who enjoy anglophone music in the world happen to know a tad bit about English. Point is, hip hop doesn't just appeal to a black audience, and most people who like hip hop can very much understand what the rappers are talking about.

Not true.
As I have said before I'm not one who making that call.
It's the hip hop artist who are saying it.
It was Lil' Kim who went to Switzerland one time and said they knew every lyric word for word but didn't seem to know what they meant.
The same thing happens as well in Japan.

Just because there is some truth to some of the things you are saying doesn't make it valid that there is a worldwide perception of women degradation in the way it is in America.

Hip hop doesn't appeal just to a black demographic just like every other genre.
The thing is those genres don't consistently degrade women like hip hop does.

meyerpl
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Although I have to ask who the fuck invited the Irish?
This made me laugh out loud.

ampers&
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:22 PM
The consumers are largely white people because black people don't mind buying the bootlegs thus getting an album cheaper but not having it count as an official sell.
Plus there's really no such thing as the white suburban hustler.
Why hustle when as many people have mentioned before with a certain demographic, they can leech off of daddy.
If those bootlegs were actually counted you would find out that that stat is pretty flawed.
How very ignorant of you. Are you implying that more black people purchase bootleg copies rather than actual CDs? This is an absurd assumption as there are no figures available to support this view. But, if you want to make this argument, why don't you highlight the number of whites that also buy bootleg copies of CDs and those whites that download music illegally online? There is a digital divide (FACT) that enables whites to have more access to the internet than minorities and the poor, thus, the number of whites that illegally DL music dwarfs the number of blacks that illegally DL music.

In the end all stats are some-what flawed, but logical thinking points in the direction of more white consumers of rap music. Larger population and a larger number of commercial buyers and illegal downloaders, not to mention large numbers of listeners on free forms of media.
It was Lil' Kim who went to Switzerland one time and said they knew every lyric word for word but didn't seem to know what they meant.
The same thing happens as well in Japan. I'm sorry, but people who listen to music enough to attend concerts can't be that moronic as to not understand the symbolism in the images that they see in these videos (or even during the performances) nor can they not understand (at least partially) the meaning behind those lyrics. These are adults; they'd have to be deaf and dumb not to understand what these artists are saying.

I think everyone realizes that the degradation of women is a worldwide phenomenon. There is no neutral humiliation of women; it varies individually by cultural norms, ethnicity, religious beliefs, individual communities, etc. I think people are frustrated about the fact that some keep arguing that people (in today's society) degrade black women because of rap music and the messages communicated via the genre. If this is true, what can be said about the degradation of (black) women prior to the 25 years in which rap has been an influential form? I mean really, like Apoleb said, this whole "black double-standard" argument is ridiculous. Not all blacks agree with what is said by popular rap artists; not all rap artists are black; not all consumers of rap music blindly believe that artists are relaying "facts" about the Black community.

The "rap music is at fault, too!" argument seems like a way to excuse, not only Imus' behavior, but the actions of many other people who make disparaging, ignorant, stereotypical remarks about people. Next thing you know, Howard Stern will say something like "I wanna fuck that ****** bitch as she jives across the bedroom" and people will excuse it because 50 Cent once said something "similar" in one of his rap songs. :weirdo:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:16 PM
How very ignorant of you. Are you implying that more black people purchase bootleg copies rather than actual CDs? This is an absurd assumption as there are no figures available to support this view. But, if you want to make this argument, why don't you highlight the number of whites that also buy bootleg copies of CDs and those whites that download music illegally online? There is a digital divide (FACT) that enables whites to have more access to the internet than minorities and the poor, thus, the number of whites that illegally DL music dwarfs the number of blacks that illegally DL music.

In the end all stats are some-what flawed, but logical thinking points in the direction of more white consumers of rap music. Larger population and a larger number of commercial buyers and illegal downloaders, not to mention large numbers of listeners on free forms of media.
I'm sorry, but people who listen to music enough to attend concerts can't be that moronic as to not understand the symbolism in the images that they see in these videos (or even during the performances) nor can they not understand (at least partially) the meaning behind those lyrics. These are adults; they'd have to be deaf and dumb not to understand what these artists are saying.

I think everyone realizes that the degradation of women is a worldwide phenomenon. There is no neutral humiliation of women; it varies individually by cultural norms, ethnicity, religious beliefs, individual communities, etc. I think people are frustrated about the fact that some keep arguing that people (in today's society) degrade black women because of rap music and the messages communicated via the genre. If this is true, what can be said about the degradation of (black) women prior to the 25 years in which rap has been an influential form? I mean really, like Apoleb said, this whole "black double-standard" argument is ridiculous. Not all blacks agree with what is said by popular rap artists; not all rap artists are black; not all consumers of rap music blindly believe that artists are relaying "facts" about the Black community.

The "rap music is at fault, too!" argument seems like a way to excuse, not only Imus' behavior, but the actions of many other people who make disparaging, ignorant, stereotypical remarks about people. Next thing you know, Howard Stern will say something like "I wanna fuck that ****** bitch as she jives across the bedroom" and people will excuse it because 50 Cent once said something "similar" in one of his rap songs. :weirdo:

I knew someone would bring this up.
And I was hoping someone would bring that digital devide up because it's important.
Not ignorant just truthful and as many whites that steal online there's just around the same amount that don't.
Do you think Timberland's Give It To Me jumped from 34 to 1 in the last week just from radio and CD single sales?
Nope.
It jumped from there with the help of downloads and it's that digital devide that shows that there is a flaw.
So now as you have said there is a digital devide, white people have more access to the internet and so they are also apart of a majority that propels songs to jump as they have in the last year as downloads have become a factor when it comes to sales.
So as much as some black people would like to support those they can't because they can't afford to which goes back to the comment I made.
And that continues down the line.
When CDs are in some cases 17 to 20 dollars and when places like Best Buy and Circuit City who do sell albums cheaper are typically outside of an inner city area, where do you expect those in the inner cities to go?
In the end, many just get the bootleg because they have no other option and they still would like to listen to the artist.
So the artist doesn't get credit for those bootlegs.
And it happens on a scale where it doesn't cancel out the amount of those who support the artist.

I'm sorry but there are just as there could be some people at a classical concert that are bored out of their minds.

America has somewhat been consistent at regarding the black women as the rock of the black community for a century after slavery (if they even cared to look) while showing the black man as the joker, the lazy one, the drunk, etc.
Maybe in a way this is some weird sort of way of venting out displeasures of that time.

It's not an excuse for Imus behavior but if people like Della Reese have been trying to get rid of these kinds of words in hip hop for over 10 years then Imus incident being a catalyst to help get a broader movement towards changing that should not be the issue.

An overexaggeration.
Howard Stern has been one that has made comments that absolutely dissaprove of what Imus has said, for him Imus should have been fired decades ago.