PDA

View Full Version : Do you take anti-depressant / Tranquillizer ?

Martian Jeza
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Do you take anti-depressant or/and Tranquillizer ? If Yes, say us for what you take them.

Sally Struthers
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:21 PM
No

JitKip
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Never

tennislover
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:43 PM
anti-depressive vs disthimia

Yasmine
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:42 AM
nope

"Sluggy"
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:35 AM
no

Edward.
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I used to, made me extremely ill. Now I don't, and I'm very happy about that.

Rocketta
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:40 AM
are anti-depressants and tranquilizers the same thing? :scratch:

dybbuk
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
nope

Edward.
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:56 AM

They can work in similar ways...though anti-depressants are more a long term relief, whereas tranquilizers are more for short term relief.

Tranquilizers are also addictive, whereas anti-depressants are supposedly not (depends what your definition of addictive is).

ASV_FAN
Apr 14th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I took paroxetine (seroxat) and venlafaxine (effexor) a few years ago when I was having a bad time, but I don't think either of them had any effect whatsoever. Time is the best healer IMHO.

I'm partial to tranqs like valium or temazepam if I can get my hands on any.

Martian Jeza
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I take Alprazolam ( Tranquillizer ) , Risperdal and Serlain ( Anti-depressants ). I think I'm a bit addicted to them. I would like to get rid off them but yeah, I suffer badly of anxiety and also of social phobia and a bit of necrophobia. But I'm doing things to get these things sorted out ; it gonna take loads of time though.

mandy7
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Nah, i'm all good, happy and stuff, so don't need them.

Grohl
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM
same here
I have everything going for me these days
too happy to take shit like that

Martian Jeza
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:31 AM
same here
I have everything going for me these days
too happy to take shit like that

This is not because you are happy that things like these are shit, there are loads of people who need them badly. It helps but you have, at the same time, to be followed by a very good therapist to get things sorted out. Have depression is the worse thing on earth. Comes at the 3rd place in my mind after 1. Uncurable illnesses 2. Cancer . You, of course, may disagree with me : I'm open minded.

mandy7
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:33 AM
This is not because you are happy that things like these are shit, there are loads of people who need them badly. It helps but you have, at the same time, to be followed by a very good therapist to get things sorted out. Have depression is the worse thing on earth. Comes at the 3rd place in my mind after 1. Uncurable illnesses 2. Cancer . You, of course, may disagree with me : I'm open minded.
She's just saying that she doesn't need them, cause she's happy.
and doesn't feel the urge to take them.
So don't get your panties up in a bunch

and cancer and anti-dep+tranqs are not related imo.

Martian Jeza
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
She's just saying that she doesn't need them, cause she's happy.
and doesn't feel the urge to take them.
So don't get your panties up in a bunch

I'm very calm, Mandy. She said though, things like these were shit : just my 2 little cents.

mandy7
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I'm very calm, Mandy. She said though, things like these were shit : just my 2 little cents.

Well, they're not exactly M&M's are they?

myxomatosis
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Clonazepam and Celexa for Panic Disorder.
meds + natural chill-out techniques = :)

Grohl
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
why are you so uptight if you read any of my posts?
I'm just saying that I'm happy at the moment
so I don't need those pills

Grohl
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:39 AM
yes, I said they were shit
because like you said,
there's a change ppl get addicted to them
and I am against things like that

Edward.
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Awww, I never knew that Laura :hug:

AH85
Apr 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
i'm not on them, but i have a friend who's coming off anti depressants in the next few weeks

Barrie_Dude
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I hated Celexa! Did nothing for my anxiety

Wigglytuff
Aug 18th, 2007, 05:37 AM

nope

Kart
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM
because like you said,

You have an alternative to suggest ?

Vamos.
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM
because like you said,

I actually found your post a little insensitive too. And I am on nothing and never have been.

Based on your reasoning in the post above; I take it you are "against" alcohol?:dance:

AjdeNate!
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I'm on a truckload of mood stabilizers, anti-psychotics, antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications and sleeping pills. I think I need to go to rehab.

Vamos.
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Well ironically you can feel happy but also be depressed at the same time :shrug: Depression's more of an underlying thing I think.

I'm pleased to say I'm off the anti-depressants now but I can't say they made me feel any better. Counselling helped and worked best for me :)

I'd say I could fit into that category. But I don't know...if something troubles me greatly I think about it, normally in bed, and can almost always reason it out to the point where it no longer bugs me much. I think it would have to take something AWFUL to make me depressed to the point where I can't stop thinking about whatever it might be. I do have a few things that could be described as depressing about myself, in the way that you mention the underlying thing, but they don't really bother me much:shrug:...it is weird.

Stamp Paid
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Nope.
I know what triggers my anxiety and I try to stay away from it. I smoked once to calm down, had a drink twice, and just realized that it wasn't worth that.
Time softens almost everything, I learned. You just never know how long it will take.