PDA

View Full Version : "Give It To Me" Timbaland F. Justin & Nelly rockets from #42 - #1 on the Pop Charts!

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Timbaland Soars To No. 1 After Sales Explosion
Timbaland

April 12, 2007, 10:20 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Timbaland's "Give It to Me" featuring Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake explodes 42-1 this week on the Billboard Hot 100 thanks to sales of 248,000 digital downloads. This is the second biggest leap to the top in chart history (second only to Kelly Clarkson's 52-1 move with "A Moment Like This"). Only Timberlake, whose "SexyBack" shifted 250,000 downloads last September, has had a better opening week for digital sales.

Akon's "Don't Matter" slips 1-2, while Gwen Stefani's "The Sweet Escape," which also features Akon, is down 2-3. Fergie's "Glamorous" featuring Ludacris holds at No. 4, Mims' "This Is Why I'm Hot" slides 3-5 and Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" remains at No. 6.

Linkin Park's "What I've Done" is the chart's top debut at No. 7, its first top 10 placement on this chart since March 2002. The track also debuts at No. 1 on Modern Rock Tracks and No. 4 on Hot Digital Songs with 121,000 downloads. Linkin Park's new album, "Minutes to Midnight," arrives May 15.

Gym Class Heroes' "Cupid's Chokehold" featuring Patrick Stump falls 7-8, while Beyonce and Shakira's "Beautiful Liar" is down 8-9. The chart's fastest growing track at radio for a second week is T-Pain's "Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin')" featuring Yung Joc, which climbs 14-10.

Hilary Duff's "With Love" is the chart's greatest digital gainer and jumps 43-24, thanks to sales of 57,500 downloads.

Other songs new to the chart this week include Dashboard Confessional's "Stolen" at No. 65, Ashley Tisdale's "Kiss the Girl" at No. 81, Fabolous' "Diamonds" featuring Young Jeezy at No. 83 and Maroon 5's "Makes Me Wonder" at No. 84. The latter song is just the third this decade to reach the top 15 of the Adult Top 40 chart in two weeks or less.

Robin Thicke's "Lost Without U" is No. 1 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for a ninth week in a row. 50 Cent has the top debut on that chart at No. 48 with "Straight to the Bank," the first single from his new album, "Curtis," due June 19.

Carrie Underwood's "Wasted" rises 2-1 on Hot Country Songs to give the "American Idol" champ her third No. 1 on the tally. It dislodges last week's No. 1, Tim McGraw's "Last Dollar (Fly Away)," which slips to No. 2.

NyCPsU
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:10 AM
:woohoo: it deserves it

timbaland's whole album is sick :drool:

MH0861
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Wish Gwen could've gotten a week at #1, but LOVE this song. :D

hdfb
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:15 AM
:woohoo: I was gonna mention Hilary's effort but the article already did so.

Still a bit 'Ehh' over her chart efforts. She definitely lost fans with her new sound. But it's so sexy and hot. You guys need to check out her performance at G.A.Y. Yummy and hot and omg I wish I was there.

Oh, Timbaland's all right. I like Sexyback.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:17 AM
:woohoo: I was gonna mention Hilary's effort but the article already did so.

Still a bit 'Ehh' over her chart efforts. She definitely lost fans with her new sound. But it's so sexy and hot. You guys need to check out her performance at G.A.Y. Yummy and hot and omg I wish I was there.

Oh, Timbaland's all right. I like Sexyback.

Yeah...:lol: Her cd also made a #4 debut this week on the album charts :worship: Hey, i just got the dj only promo cd for WITH LOVE. It has 14 club mixes :eek: I am going to upload them this weekend. ;)

stevos
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I'm addicted to this song, and I normally don't buy that pop crap.
I bought the video on itunes :drool: sooo good.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:21 AM
I'm addicted to this song, and I normally don't buy that pop crap.
I bought the video on itunes :drool: sooo good.

Do you think its even more :drool: then the Beyonce/ Shakira video for Beautiful Liar :lol: :p

stevos
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Do you think its even more :drool: then the Beyonce/ Shakira video for Beautiful Liar :lol: :p

Hell no, that one is off the charts! I love at the end, when Beyonce is bouncin that. :hearts:
And Shakira, they're just a great duo!

Brooklyn90
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:31 AM
I love this song! :hearts:
I was wondering why it wasn't higher in the charts.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Hell no, that one is off the charts! I love at the end, when Beyonce is bouncin that. :hearts:
And Shakira, they're just a great duo!

:lol: Maybe they should make a full length movie together :confused: ;)

Hayato
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Beautiful Liar jumped from #94 to #3 a few weeks ago, the biggest jump in the history of the Billboard Hot 100. Now it's down to #9 :o Oh well, it's really Beyonce's song anyway :lol:

Vincey!
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:34 AM
I'm so into that songs recently..and Actually I'm not a fan of pop/R&B song :tape:...but that one is just great!!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Beautiful Liar jumped from #94 to #3 a few weeks ago, the biggest jump in the history of the Billboard Hot 100. Now it's down to #9 :o Oh well, it's really Beyonce's song anyway :lol:

I have a feeling it will go back up again once Beyonce and Shaki do some promo for it. ;) I think shaki is on tour at the moment :confused:

Stamp Paid
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:40 AM
:woohoo: it deserves it

timbaland's whole album is sick :drool:

It is! :drool:

Hayato
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:41 AM
I have a feeling it will go back up again once Beyonce and Shaki do some promo for it. ;) I think shaki is on tour at the moment :confused:

Yeah Shakira has been doing her Oral Fixation Tour non stop since June last year and it's just past 100 shows. In fact 2 weeks ago she performed infront of over 100,000 people infront of the Pyramids in Egypt. :hearts: I hope she puts that concert on her Oral Fixation Tour DVD. :drool: So Beyonce has to carry that song alone since Shaki will be touring for another few months. :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Yeah Shakira has been doing her Oral Fixation Tour non stop since June last year and it's just past 100 shows. In fact 2 weeks ago she performed infront of over 100,000 people infront of the Pyramids in Egypt. :hearts: I hope she puts that concert on her Oral Fixation Tour DVD. :drool: So Beyonce has to carry that song alone since Shaki will be touring for another few months. :lol:

WOW! :eek: Is Shaki tryng to beat CHERS touring record :lol: :p

Stamp Paid
Apr 13th, 2007, 03:16 AM

WOW! :eek::eek:
Damn, I wonder how much money Shaki is making.

Hayato
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:02 AM
I know she must be raking in the money right now :lol:
A lot of the concerts have been sell outs too. But she's having a months break now so maybe she is going to perform Beautiful Liar with Beyonce somewhere....

hectopascal
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:57 AM
I love Timbaland's new song with Keri Hilson (called 'Hello')!! It's on fire!

Kunal
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:04 AM
its not such a great song....kinda catchy....but plays out after listening to it for 3 times

SloKid
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Timbaland is a genius.

Apoleb
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Timbaland is a genius.

Those have been all over youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPvWfvq0oOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0W3_QZAcFg

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but at the very least this is interesting. The parallels are too obvious.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Timbaland :worship:

mandy7
Apr 13th, 2007, 01:04 PM
:drool: Hot song

No Name Face
Apr 13th, 2007, 06:11 PM
"Give it to Me" is the most blatantly indulgent song I can think of. I hate it.
It's worse than "This is Why I'm Hot."

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I know she must be raking in the money right now :lol:
A lot of the concerts have been sell outs too. But she's having a months break now so maybe she is going to perform Beautiful Liar with Beyonce somewhere....

Maybe Shaki and Beyonce can hit the US talk show circuit and do a few LIVE performances ;) :bounce:

Grohl
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:53 PM
i love that song :drool:

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 13th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Love this song. :worship:

Timbaland :worship:

IS IT GOIN IS IT GOIN IS IT GOIN IS IT GOIN

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM
:dance:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
:dance:

:banana:

LeRoy.
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:52 PM
i love "release" feat Justin even though it does sound a lot like sexyback (the beat and the "yeah" )

Also like the one feat. MIA

KBdoubleu
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:07 AM
i love "release" feat Justin even though it does sound a lot like sexyback (the beat and the "yeah" )

Which song of his has MIA in it?

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:10 AM
^ Bonus track

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:01 AM
I love 2 Man Show feat. Elton John... and 'Oh Timbaland'

King Aaron
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Since we're talking about the Hot 100 and chart positions, Pink's at #14 and is really close to having her first Top 10 hit since Just Like A Pill back in 2002. :eek: :yeah: :D

mirzalover
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Since we're talking about the Hot 100 and chart positions, Pink's at #14 and is really close to having her first Top 10 hit since Just Like A Pill back in 2002. :eek: :yeah: :D

She deserve it even though I dont know why she hasnt released Cuz I Can or Leave Me Alone I think they would be top ten or atleast top twenty hits for her

stevos
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:29 PM

me too, just bought this cd and I love it.
oh timbaland, give it to me, release, kill yourself and 2 man show are great. havent heard the bonus track yet.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM

Yeah i know! That song was really slow in getting pop radio airplay over here in the us . But once it entered the top 100 it seemed to explode! :worship: It had been on the dance radio charts for about 2 months before it entered the pop 100. Its actually still in the dance top 5 :eek: :worship: