PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC just fired Don Imus

Bijoux0021
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:03 PM
It will no longer simulcast Imus show on MSNBC.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:05 PM
suspended for 2 weeks i thought

Bijoux0021
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:15 PM
suspended for 2 weeks i thought
MSNBC You Later Imus

MSNBC just announced it will no longer simulcast Don Imus' radio show.

In a statement to TMZ, MSNBC says "Effective immediately, MSNBC will no longer simulcast the "Imus in the Morning" radio program. This decision comes as a result of an ongoing review process, which initially included the announcement of a suspension. It also takes into account many conversations with our own employees. What matters to us most is that the men and women of NBC Universal have confidence in the values we have set for this company. This is the only decision that makes that possible. Once again, we apologize to the women of the Rutgers basketball team and to our viewers. We deeply regret the pain this incident has caused."

The FCC has also opened an investigation into Imus' disgusting remarks.

Rod the Bama
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Great move by MSNBC to get rid of that old has been. Of course i think that he should get one last broadcast where he`s beaten to a bloody pulp by some hardcore brothas. ;)

timafi
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:32 PM
good fucking riddance mofo :mad: :mad::bigwave: :bigwave:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM
I feel sad for Imus really... he is going to be remembered as a racist sexist... "mofo"

tennisbum79
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:34 PM
What CBS Radio's next move?

Is 2-weeks suspesniosn enough?

tennisbum79
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Black employees at NBC and advertisers played a prominent role
in how this turned out.
Al Roker specifically came out early and demanded
that strong action be taken

BTW, NBC New presidend claims that companies pulling their ads had nothing to with his decision

tennisbum79
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I feel sad for Imus really... he is going to be remembered as a racist sexist... "mofo"
Well he said, he will work to change.
At 65, with history of doing this, I want to see it before I can believe it.

Trent Lott pldges numerous times, when he was figting for Sen Majority job, that he was going to work to better race relation
and/or help black people get a fair shake in life.
I have not seen signs of keeping that promise.
And nobody has asked him about it.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I read that he wasn't fired... he is just on the suspension.. Though he might be fired after further considerations..

Is this propaganda?

tennisbum79
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I read that he wasn't fired... he is just on the suspension.. Though he might be fired after further considerations..

Is this propaganda?
Where did you read this?
If that is true, it disingenous.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:49 PM
It will no longer simulcast Imus show on MSNBC.
You can't fire someone you don't employ.

MSNBC made a decision not to show his morning show on their network. His morning show is widely syndicated.

You'll likely see Imus make a move to satellite radio like Stern did. The FCC won't be able to touch him on satellite radio.

Bijoux0021
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:52 PM
What CBS Radio's next move?

Is 2-weeks suspesniosn enough?
There have been demonstrations mostly in front of NBC and MSNBC's headquarters this week. Now that they fired Imus, there's going to be lots of demonstrations starting tomorrow morning in front of CBS's headquarters in NYC.

mykarma
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Haven't heard you say that you feel badly for the young ladies that were called nappy headed ho's. :shrug:

mykarma
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Black employees at NBC and advertisers played a prominent role
in how this turned out.
Al Roker specifically came out early and demanded
that strong action be taken

BTW, NBC New presidend claims that companies pulling their ads had nothing to with his decision
It wasn't only black employees. Keith Olbermann said that he called the President and also demanded that Imus be fired. Many people were sick of Imus and his racist remarks.

PatrickRyan
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:46 AM

Is this propaganda?

Well it's not like it's the first time he said something racist and sexist. He has a long past of saying these kinds of things. Some alot worse than this.

tennisbum79
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:51 AM
It wasn't only black employees. Keith Olbermann said that he called the President and also demanded that Imus be fired. Many people were sick of Imus and his racist remarks.
I stand corrected.
I just wanted to convey that many black employees took a public and leading role in the matter. David Gregory alos alluded to that.

But thank you for the clarification

tennisbum79
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Well it's not like it's the first time he said something racist and sexist. He has a long past of saying these kinds of things. Some alot worse than this.
Ranging from saying Venus and Serena belong to National Geographic, not the tennis court.

Saying that Gwin Ifil, a then NBC New correspondent, looks like a cleaning lady.
He also made similar deorgatory comments about Congresswoman
Cynthia Mckinney hair

PatrickRyan
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Ranging from saying Venus and Serena belong to National Geographic, not the tennis court.

Saying that Gwin Ifil, a then NBC New correspondent, looks like a cleaning lady.
Cynthia Mckinney hair

I'm glad the guy is finally gone and off air!

lizchris
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:14 AM

Cynthia Mckinney hair

He also called one of the secretaries at the old NBC radio studios a n****r. Howard Stern and his sidekick Robin Quivers (who worked at NBC at the time) witnessed the act.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:16 AM

Why feel sorry for someone who IS a sexist, racist mofo?

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:18 AM
You can't fire someone you don't employ.

MSNBC made a decision not to show his morning show on their network. His morning show is widely syndicated.

You'll likely see Imus make a move to satellite radio like Stern did. The FCC won't be able to touch him on satellite radio.

You make it sound like a good thing, that he will still be on air

supergrunt
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:21 AM
:)

mykarma
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:23 AM
You make it sound like a good thing, that he will still be on air
Are you surprised?

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Are you surprised?

I guess I shouldn't be :lol:

moon
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:43 AM

isn't that what he is?
good riddance :D :D
now cbs needs to get a clue.