PDA

View Full Version : Venus will win Charleston

VishaalMaria
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:10 AM
:D She will. And if you don't agree, then discuss.

And I said this before Serena retired, and Nicole lost.

tennnisfannn
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Hopefully she takes advantage of the situation.

BigBabeTENNIS
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:11 AM
she needs to stop beating herself maybe she might not sure

Neptune
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Oh god, I'm sick of this thread.:rolleyes: And she is going to win Rg but she doesn't know it yet.....Thanks for your beautiful prediction.:tape:

Brooks.
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Venus will lose to the first player with good movement and can consistently get the ball over the net...I'm guessing jankovic will do the trick...who knows maybe venus won't even make it that far

either way im not interested in watching vensu make 50 ufe's and losing....

this tournament is ruined...

pierce0415
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:13 AM
um you could have said the same thing about Amelia Island
look what happened

VishaalMaria
I said she was going to win in Venus victory thread.....before Serena withdraw. And she will.

VishaalMaria
um you could have said the same thing about Amelia Island
look what happened

But the only difference being........I didn't.

John.
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Please discuss why she is going to win it?

Her form at the past 2 events would contradict that she is a favourite. Yes, the draw has opened up a bit for her, but she still has a long way to go.

VishaalMaria
Oh god, I'm sick of this thread.:rolleyes: And she is going to win Rg but she doesn't know it yet.....Thanks for your beautiful prediction.:tape:

Then don't post. Simple as.

austennis
1 Week ago i would have thought she had no chance.. Now with Serena, Nicole out and Sveta, Martina, Maria, Amelie, Justine, Nadia, Elena all out shes got very good chance

VishaalMaria
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Venus will lose to the first player with good movement and can consistently get the ball over the net...I'm guessing jankovic will do the trick...who knows maybe venus won't even make it that far

No. Venus had a bad day against Golovin. She'll do good.

tennnisfannn
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM
How can you rule out an insonsitent player, she may just choose this moment to find consistency. Just like no one prdicted Tati would win Amelie Island, anything can happen.

oooo86
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM
i think that if peer will fill good she will beat her... if not then golovin will...

Brandon85
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:19 AM
i disagree just because i don't think this is her surface to win on. yeah she has clay court titles etc., but i think she will fall out to someone. could be wrong, but it is higly unlikely.

VishaalMaria
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:21 AM
i disagree just because i don't think this is her surface to win on. yeah she has clay court titles etc., but i think she will fall out to someone. could be wrong, but it is higly unlikely.

She said green clay was her favourite surface next to grass.

eugreene2
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:23 AM
She probably will win ... Venus is weird like that.

Deelishus
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:24 AM
If Venus is going to win, she is going to have to play a lot btetter than she did against Tatiana.

Her game seemed very "amateur-ish." All her serves landed in the same position, abnd a vast majority of her return of servees were either in the net, wide, or down the middle. Go figure.

With that being said, I think Venus has a chance. But I wouldn't get my hopes up. She can he hot one day, and as cold as ice the next.

Go Venus.

gocanadago
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I really hope she will :drool:

dybbuk
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:25 AM
no she won't. she has not been great, or even great besides a few matches.

Neptune
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Then don't post. Simple as.

I would love to see Venus win this title actually but we don't know what can happen.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Well this is as good a time as any for Venus to win another tier I. Serena out, Vaidisova out, Jankovic hasn't been playing as well as she did to start the year. I'd like to think Venus has enough experience to get her sh*t together to bring some metal home.

Direwolf
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:46 AM
The only two person that are playing GREAT at the moment is
Ivanovic n Golovin...
and good thing is...
theyre both on the other side of the draw..!!
wait...
Bammer-Patty-Golovin-Ivanovic-Safina-Zvonareva
are all on the other side.. hahaha

And shes the only champion in the draw to begin with...
she has done it before...
she can do it again..!!

Venus has to get past
2R Bardina
3R Chan
QF Li
SF Peer(injured) / Jankovic(lost)
F Golovin/ Bammer...

would defeat Golovin cuz...
she knows Golovins game now...

M2k
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I would love to see her win :hearts: of course she has a clear road to the finals where most likely Golovin/Ivanovic will be waiting :(

Go Venus :hearts:

BrandClay
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:58 AM
She has a great chance...but it's one match at a time. Venus has to play consistently...if she can do that the title is hers.

Lunaris
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:59 AM

Yes of course, she will win every tournament she enters until she retires. Seriously I hoped this crap would stop after Amelia Island.

Williams#1
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:05 AM
I just hope that Venus continues to play well! If she does that she has a very good chance at taking this title!! All of these threads saying she's gonna win the title and she'll dominate the tour soon are a lil' :rolleyes: , but I think if Vee and lil' sis Rena get in form they will be very tough for anyone to beat! With that said, I believe this is Venus' tourney as long as she continues to play well.

Nicolás89
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:08 AM
she will beat herself eventually.

tae04
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:10 AM
I smell Schiavone upsetting Venus in the qtrs

Volcana
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:18 AM
If she plays the way she did against Golovin at AI, anybody left in the tournament could beat her.

K-Dog
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:21 AM
I smell Venus finding herself battling against any opponent that doesn't lay down and play dead. The reason Venus had such a successful clay season in 2004 was due to her consistency and defense, as well as her net attack. She's been irratic and had issues with footing since finding herself on the clay.

treufreund
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:05 AM
I think she has a reasonable chance to win but Francesca could be tough. Frannie has been mentally weak lately but she does have a win once over serena on the red stuff in Italy. The draw is pretty friendly especially for a Tier 1.

Nicolás89
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:13 AM
venus could win ai too but :shrug:

TennisGuy21
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:29 AM

I agree Venus is going to win this!:bounce:

Bijoux0021
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Keep in mind that Venus' right hand is still wrapped, so the blisters on her palm could affect her play.

switz
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:44 AM
beating Stosur on clay isn't much of an indication of what will happen in my opinion. I think Venus is certainly in with a shot because she's best player left in the draw at her best. big question is can she play 5 high quality matches?

mm1147
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:48 AM
venus take the title so you can add points to your ranking :)

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:03 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :worship: :kiss:

tennisbum79
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I would like to belive you.
But my head says her chances are not good.
What I saw last week was not pretty.
I have not seen this mach here so I can't speak to it.
But I think her ability to manage a match on clay are hampered by
her inpatience and eagerness to end the point quickly.

She is trying to play hard court game on clay.

lecciones
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:08 AM
This will be exciting because Venus has been beaten by those up and coming players and Peer and Golovin have both won titles this year and Golovin just recently in clay. But if her past matches are any indication Venus can always win from behind. :)

junlee_vee
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:44 AM

You are no fan of Venus, as I have said in another thread.

You are a fair weather fan, and you, along with every other fan like you, don't deserve watching players like Venus play.

williams123
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:46 AM

give me some of what ur smoking.:rolleyes:

LucasArg
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:01 AM
She started very well. Hopefully she will keep it up and take the title.

cypher_88
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:01 AM
of course she will....not!! Tati will stop her

Valanga
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:05 AM
I doubt it.
I think Na Li can beat Venus:kiss:

Lin Lin
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Na Li will block her

Geertvg
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:08 AM
She'll have to beat some good players still though. I doubt that she'll beat Golovin, if she makes it to the final. :)

ViennaCalling
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Sybille will win this :devil:

If she's not tired :tape:

mandy7
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Venus will win Charleston
:yawn:
Sure. Whatever.

Iceland
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:36 AM
I also see Na Li winning that

The Dawntreader
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Serena:sad: :sad: :hug:

what a blow for her, after training so hard for the clay as well.........

I hope this isnt a lingering injury and she'll be back for the european clay-courts:D

Highlandman
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I also said it, see FILL IN THE DRAW ;) :p

But Jelena Jankovic can be really tough in SF :unsure:

Highlandman
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM
She'll have to beat some good players still though. I doubt that she'll beat Golovin, if she makes it to the final. :)

Uhm, I don't think Venus wants 0-3 against a player, would be her worst H2H :tape: :help:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
nope :wavey:

Demska
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Nope, winning a Tier I when she can't get past the QF's on a Tier II or 3rd round of Miami.

Maybe next year. :wavey:

MLF
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Nope, winning a Tier I when she can't get past the QF's on a Tier II or 3rd round of Miami.

It's not as if a red hot Golovin or Sharapova are gimme draws.

I do think she can win here but it will be very tough. I'm not sure she'll enjoy having to play ( potentially ) six days in a row.

Orion
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:43 AM
She'll likely have to play Na and either Peer or Jankovic, and then Schnyder, Golovin, Safina, or Zvonereva. That's the kind of draw she would waltz through on grass, but none of them are going to let her get away with having an off day on clay.

V-MAC
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Hmm, I hope so. She is certainly capable of it but it depends if she can put in the consistent performances. Consistency is key for Venus right now. :)

Viktymise
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:03 AM
:scared: hopefully, it kind of reminds me of Charleston 04 where the draw opened up nicely, hopefully we get the same result and i don't think Venus will be half as erratic this week as she was last ;)

najad
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:10 AM
i really want her to win this tournament but first she needs to take one match after one match :lol:

tennnisfannn
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:34 AM
So has Tati become an invincible player, is she supposed to go undefeated all year or what?

Poova
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:40 AM
She won't win. :lol: She'll lose in quarters or semis...

junlee_vee
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I find it kind of amusing that when a player beats an erratic Venus, that player's fans assume that's the Venus they're always going to get.

Don't be surprised when that player gets beat down by an on Venus.

new-york
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Maybe next year. :wavey:

every week is a different story.
draws, players that you like to play or not.
etc.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I don't ever write off Venus...suicide...she might not play well but no one knows which Venus you can get all tournament long...I mean no one gave her a 4th look at wimby 05 because she lost to pregnant girl...she can win and she can lose...I'll cheer no matter what :D