PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva's Solution To Injury: Play 4 Straight Weeks Before Roland Garros :help:

pierce0415
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Lena Dementieva will make her debut at Istanbul Tier III
while this is good news to fans in Istanbul, I am not sure if I agree with her strategy ... yes, she has missed 4 big tournaments (IW, Miami, AI, Charleston) and I know she is eager to get back onto the court and to return to the Top 10

but I am not sure if playing Warsaw, Berlin, Rome and Istanbul right before French Open is the solution ... her ranking has dropped that she will not have byes in those tournaments and she will be suspect to another injury before RG

Viktymise
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Well if she's healthy, then she'll want to get back into the top 10

John.
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Good luck to her. She is obviusly taking RG seriously and wants to have plenty of matches under her belt

Neptune
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Well...Don't think this is the right idea but why not?

Conor
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Fair play to her!! :) :) She needs to get match fit in time for RG so....

BoucharDRules
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Well, it's a good solution for the boredom of her fans.

I think she might have to withdraw from an event if she goes deep into the previous tournament. If she loses early then she won't have to wait too long in between events.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Well she's not playing 15 out of 16 weeks like Jankovic.
It certainly could be worse.

She is likely playing 7 straight weeks though with this schedule.

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:35 PM
my dream: Lena wins Roland Garros beating Dani.H in the final

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:35 PM

I think she might have to withdraw from an event if she goes deep into the previous tournament. If she loses early then she won't have to wait too long in between events.

:lol: :yeah:

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:37 PM
im confuse...
shes making her debut in Istanbul ?
then shes playing 4 weeks before Istanbul??

Dementieva Guts
while this is good news to fans in Istanbul, I am not sure if I agree with her strategy ... yes, she has missed 4 big tournaments (IW, Miami, AI, Charleston) and I know she is eager to get back onto the court and to return to the Top 10

but I am not sure if playing Warsaw, Berlin, Rome and Istanbul right before French Open is the solution ... her ranking has dropped that she will not have byes in those tournaments and she will be suspect to another injury before RG

Unlike many softies, Dementieva is there to play tennis without crying about injuries. She's a fighter, she plays with injuries. She wants to be fully prepare for RG. She will kick many soft juicy asses in these warmups before the big dance. She will outclass many hypers like vaidi, Ivanovic and That joking pova. She will take this soft tour by the horns and drive it right down main street.

As a professional, Dementieva will do what she's paid for, play tennis. That whining stuff is for soap opera divas like :rolleyes: (you know them)

SEE YOU A THE TOP ELENA

cometz9
she's had at least over a month for her injury to heal so i don't see the problem with playing that many tournament. Granted she might lose early in her first tournament back because of lack of matches but she will eventually peak in time for the French......i hope :tape:

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:38 PM
im confuse...

Mightymirza
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
well actually if lenas playing 4 str8 weeks doesnt mean she will end up playing for 4 whole weeks..:lol: I love lena but its a fact that she generally has an off tournie once in a while and i would rather if she has it before RG than at RG..Anyways allez Lena..Get well soon..cant wait till she comes back!!

John.
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM
im confuse...

Not her tour debut, her debut at that particular event

Nicolás89
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM
if she is healthy by the time of warsaw well why not play 4 tournaments, im sure she will be ok

Uranus
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:42 PM
If she does well in Berlin and/or Rome she'll probably give up Istanbul. I'm not expecting her to do great in Warsaw, lack of matches.

itzhak
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:48 PM
The chances for Warsaw are not big right now...she is still not practicing

Corswandt
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:52 PM

Lena D. has always played a lot, and she'll have to play a lot to have any chance at all of getting back to the top 10.

I know you disapprove of tournament hogging, but you must understand the difficult situation she's in.

austennis
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:20 AM
if she does well in Berlin, Warsaw ect she will prob pull out of Istanbul.. if shes struggling she will be there..

miffedmax
Apr 11th, 2007, 01:24 AM
No prob. Lena is not affected by things the way mere mortals are.

schorsch
Apr 11th, 2007, 01:57 AM
oh gosh forget about balblabla scheduling. all that matters is that she's gonna play again. she needs to be in that topten. a top10 without her looks wwwweird. i miss her so much :/

Willam
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:09 AM
lenas actual ranking

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:57 AM
probably not the BEST idea, but i'm SO excited to have her back :)

switz
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:01 AM
it would be a safety entry in case she doesn't get far in the tougher clay tournaments after such a long injury layoff.

kinglear
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:03 AM
if she is healthy by the time of warsaw well why not play 4 tournaments, im sure she will be ok

I hope so. I just want her to do well in tournaments and hopefully win titles. I wouldn't mind at all if she did what Serena did in '05 and win one Slam and not play the rest of the year. Because if Lena finally won a Slam, I think she would need to rest because she'd be so in such mental and physical shock that she finally won a Slam. haha :) At the end of the day, I just want Lena to do well.

ctan88
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:04 AM
I guess she needs matches ... but either way it'll be good to see Elena back on court ... now all we need is Anastasia back and itll be all guns blazing!

In The Zone
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:06 AM
She is not playing every minute of every day of every tournament! I am sure Elena will lose early in two or three of them. Smart schedule. If she does well, she can always withdraw.

Prizeidiot
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:32 AM
I think it's a logical decision. She needs match play. And the only scenario in which injury would likely come into play is if Elena is making it very far in all of those tournaments, which she's probably not expecting to do at this point in time. And if it does happen, then obviously she's already in form and can cut back on the schedule.

Dexter
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:55 AM
The chances for Warsaw are not big right now...she is still not practicing:eek: :sad: Really? That would be a real disappointment...

faboozadoo15
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:21 AM
With how wildly inconsistent she is, she could win 2 of those events and bomb out in the other two. No problem.

Geertvg
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I guess she does realise it's hard to get into top 10 these days, many young girls lurking... And Serena back...

The Dawntreader
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM
If elena is fit and prepared she can deal with 4 straight tournys:)

Elwin.
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I think it's good for Elena to gain some rhythm for Roland Garros.

Elena :hug:

Beny
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:11 PM

:worship: :worship: you`re speaking my mind and soul........it`s so boring and annoying..it`s been ages I last saw her play (well). I just want to see her back on court..doesn`t matter how she plays....
..(actually, it matters :) )

But I don`t think it`s an unwise solution...she might lose in first rounds..and I don`t think she will go further than a 3rd round in at least two of them. Last year she was healthy and played crap at Berlin and Rome.
She wants a lot of matches to play before RG...
Hopefully she will be fit and winning ;)

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:46 PM
It's not 2009. She can always withdraw from one or 2

miffedmax
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Elena will win all 4. And the FO.

This is the begining of a new Golden (Goddess) Age as Elena sweeps all before her.

No Name Face
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Elena will win all 4. And the FO.

This is the begining of a new Golden (Goddess) Age as Elena sweeps all before her.

ElenaD = claycourt queen. i like the sound of that.

historystupid
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:00 PM
What a great solution... Hope she's not going to hurt herself and win at least two of them!!!

kinglear
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:23 PM
ElenaD = claycourt queen. i like the sound of that.

Amen to that! :worship: This is a new chapter. Like we all know, Lena's results can never be predicted. Like when she reached the French Open final, I bet no one predicted that she'd make it to the US Open final. Lena just goes match by match. I think that's the way that she'll do well. I still wish she didn't have to fight so much. I bet if she was competing in Charleston right now, she would win no bagel sets like everyone else has been doing. But yeah, Claycourt Queen has an awesome ring to it. :)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
She can win at Constantinopla .

Pilongo
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Anyways she's not going to play every single day on this three weeks.
For sure she'll lose a couple of 1st rounds and a 2nd R.
She won't do the finals on this tournaments i'm afraid (i wish i'm wrong ;) )