PDA

View Full Version : Can the Tennis Channel ......

tennisfan2480
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:33 PM
NOT be able to purchase in certain areas? I just went to TheTennisChannel.com and typed in my zip code. The site then 'gave' me my local cablevision phone number to call and add it onto my cable bill. But the representative told me that it is not available in my area!

Is this possible? Does anyone know any other routes I can take to access the tennis channel for upcoming Roland Garros and other tournaments? Thank you!

eugreene2
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Can you get Directv ... they have the best deal for RG. You get to watch whatever court you want (well up to five to choose from I think). Plus they'll be adding the tennis channel by fall. In my area Directv is cheaper than cable. Basic is $45

tennisfan2480
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Thank you for this info.

kelo
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:45 PM
NOT be able to purchase in certain areas? I just went to TheTennisChannel.com and typed in my zip code. The site then 'gave' me my local cablevision phone number to call and add it onto my cable bill. But the representative told me that it is not available in my area!

Is this possible? Does anyone know any other routes I can take to access the tennis channel for upcoming Roland Garros and other tournaments? Thank you!

I downloaded TVUplayer which shows a few channels online and the tennis channel is one of them. Maybe you could do the same?

practiceboy
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I can't imagine that it's simply not available in too many areas. Where do you live?

darrinbaker00
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I can't imagine that it's simply not available in too many areas. Where do you live?
I live in the fifth-largest media market in the country (San Francisco-San Jose-Oakland Bay Area), and we just got TTC last December. It isn't available on cable in a lot of areas.