PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Charleston Day 1 MD

drake3781
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:45 AM
This will be quick... it's late, and I took some notes but don't have them with me.

First I saw Zheng vs. Fedak. When I arrived, Zheng was down by a break in the first set, but she quickly set that straight, then won the second set easily. I had never seen either one play, but it was apparent early on that Zheng was the stronger player. Fedak had a few fans in the stands who continually cheered Zheng's UEs; don't know what that was about. :sad: After the match, I saw Fedak crying, out on the public area, not going into the clubhouse. This was about 15 minutes after the match, then she was just standing talking to her coach, seeming very upset, then her coach was lecturing her. This lasted at least 30 minutes after the match, when I moved on.

Zheng's doubles partner Yan did not make it into qualifying, but is there to play doubles with Zheng. They have a first round bye.

Next I went to see Peng-Zahlavova Strycova. Peng was down a break I think when I got there, but it must have been warm up jitters because she handily won the set 75, then the next 61. Both saw their coaches at the set break... Michael Chang for Peng wearing all white again and taking notes in the first row.

Peng is playing doubles with Sun, who lost her 1R match in a close one yesterday.

Next I went to the practice courts and a whole lot of people were standing around waiting for Venus to come out of the clubhouse. Right away I saw Richard Williams, wearing shorts and a tshirt. It is freezing here, people in coats at the match, and I wish I had a scarf and hat, it is that cold and windy. Richard was just out there talking to the waiting people and saying how are you doing. Venus was scheduled to practice at 3:30 but didn't come out by 4. I don't know if she ever did because I left there.

Saw Vaidisova walk by finished with practice, looking tall and gorgeous.

Went to see Chan-Chuang vs. Molik-Santangelo. C-C lost in three sets to M-S; really good match, could have gone either way. Molik has a sizzling first serve. I've never seen Molik before: in the looks department she reminds me of a cross between Zvonareva-Stosur-Raymond-and Alona Bondarenko. :eek: :lol:

Sorry this is not a great report... but ... that was my day. :p

stevos
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Venus :lol: Fashionably late, I suppose?

pengluv
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:31 AM
drake hiow much does the tickets cost for charleston??? i was plannin to go there... can u buy the tickets on the spot?

-sugi-
Apr 10th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Yuliana :sad: That makes me sad about Yuliana, it seems
she often cries after losses :hug: like against Maes in Hasselt :(

ViennaCalling
Apr 10th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Great report - thx :D

Yuliana :sad:

Kai
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Yuliana :sad: :hug:

tobi
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Yuliana :hug:

Thanx for report.

Demska
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Fedak. :sad:

Thanks foe the report.

Ellery
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Yuliana :hug:

schorsch
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Zvonareva-Stosur-Raymond-and Alona Bondarenko = Molik lol funny

drake3781
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM
drake hiow much does the tickets cost for charleston??? i was plannin to go there... can u buy the tickets on the spot?

Prices are different for every session, and depening on where you sit.

I paid $10 for Qualifying Day 1 - all tickets for Qualifying were $10.

I paid $25 for a Ground Pass for Monday (Main Draw Day 1). You could buy that, or $45 for a 3rd tier seat, or $55 for a second tier seat. Ground Passes are only available Mon-Tues.

I'm going to the night session tonight. I think the price is $30. That is for 2 matches in the Stadium. (Nothing on the side courts).

I think tomorrow for the day session I'll have to pay a lot.

You can go to the Family Circle Cup web page and click "Tickets" to get more info on prices. Yes, you can buy tickets at the box office on the spot, except for Semis and Finals, which are sold out.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks !!! Great you saw Peng winning :yeah: :bounce:

Nice to see you enjoyed there :D :wavey: