PDA

View Full Version : Petrova's err lack of apparent fitness.....

Yonexforever
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
OK.
After ALL the effin sniping surounding Serena's supposed lack of fitness, I dont recall hearing the same chorus yesterday directed at Petrova.

She appeared to be at least 3 months pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the way she plays(love the mix of shots etc), and quite frankly she seems like a nice enough lass, but DAMMIT, LOSE DAT GUT ASAP!!!!!!!

Now if there is a medical condition I dont know about I apoligize.

All you pimply face die hards can bad rep me all you want...

Louis Cyphre
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:12 PM
OK.
After ALL the effin sniping surounding Serena's supposed lack of fitness, I dont recall hearing the same chorus yesterday directed at Petrova.

Serena`s ass is bigger than Petrova(the whole Petrova) :shrug: So you can compare both players

jazar
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM
yeah nadia is looking very chunky at the moment. she's never been the slimmest, but recently she is piling on the pounds

kabuki
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM
She had cafeteria lady arms yesterday. :unsure:

frontier
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:32 PM
she 's getting older,she is 25yrs and she slowly looking like rosie o'donnell for some reason.

spartanfan
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:32 PM
She had cafeteria lady arms yesterday. :unsure:

I thought it was just my tv, but apparently not. But I do like her game. She does need to tighten up her midsection though, but so does S. Peer, K. Clijsters and Roger Federer.

Volcana
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Serena`s ass is bigger than Petrova(the whole Petrova) :shrug: So you can compare both players
Of you can compare them. Petrova actually has a bigger ass than Serena, but the rest of Serena is pretty tight, whereas Petrova is pretty fat all over.

More to the point though, Serena has already proven she can win slams at her current weight. Petrova isn't winning.

Aravanecaravan
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Petrova actually has a bigger ass than Serena

You have to be kidding. Williams could give away asses to 19 *other* fat women and still have a huge one. It's big enough to set a cafeteria tray on.

kabuki
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:46 PM
You have to be kidding. Williams could give away asses to 19 *other* fat women and still have a huge one. It's big enough to set a cafeteria tray on.

It would be better to hand out ass than have your ass handed to you. Twice. :devil:

Demska
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Of you can compare them. Petrova actually has a bigger ass than Serena, but the rest of Serena is pretty tight, whereas Petrova is pretty fat all over.

More to the point though, Serena has already proven she can win slams at her current weight. Petrova isn't winning.

:help: :tape:

Frode
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:47 PM
There have been a lot of talk about Petrova's fitness lately. I guess You must have missed it. Just look at the thread for the final yesterday.

And like I said yesterday, she needs to hit the threadmill if she is to have a chance at the french.

Kunal
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
same as that german player forgot her name right now...shes taken a break

John.
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:55 PM
^^Anna Lena Gronefeld

Frode
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:56 PM
same as that german player forgot her name right now...shes taken a break

Anna-Lena Groenefeld

Nadia is not in that league yet.

jenny161185
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:00 PM
ye i thought that she was looking a bit bigger and slower in yesterdays match

cellophane
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM
OK.

Then you haven't been reading.

Slutiana
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Then you haven't been reading.

exactly

Yonexforever
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:41 PM
It would be better to hand out ass than have your ass handed to you. Twice. :devil:

AMEN TO THAT!!!
Thats the point.. Serena is WINNING big booty and all!

Yonexforever
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM
There have been a lot of talk about Petrova's fitness lately. I guess You must have missed it. Just look at the thread for the final yesterday.

And like I said yesterday, she needs to hit the threadmill if she is to have a chance at the french.

I meant from the ON AIR personalities!!!
It was a virtual ROAR!!

serenafan08
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Too true... :tape: :lol:

Frode
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I meant from the ON AIR personalities!!!
It was a virtual ROAR!!

There was a thread about an American comentator who said Nadia was heavy not long ago? Might have been during Miami though?

Monica_Rules
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Shes always been a broad girl, she'll never be the best mover on the court.

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Nadia won Paris this year, and made the AI final. She didn't lose the final because of fitness. She had an off day.

jazar
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Anna-Lena Groenefeld

Nadia is not in that league yet.

even in her current condition it will take nadia ages to reach the level of conditioning ALG has attained

Mr. Magassi
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:02 PM
WOW... i must admit i thought nadia was looking pretty out-of-shape yesterday as well... it's strange, she used to be so thin and lanky...

schorsch
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Nadia won Paris this year, and made the AI final. She didn't lose the final because of fitness. She had an off day.

yap, i think so, too. but she did get a bit less athletic and a bit fat .... :o

thrust
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Hopefully Nadia will never be as ugly and fat as the foul mouthed Rosie, the moron, O Donnell!!

Wayn77
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:58 PM
A lot of upper-trunk weight seemed to go on pre-season. If you look at YEC Madrid pics from only last November she was a lot trimmer. Nadia has never been particularly quick, and can look cumbersome compared to the very best movers but her footwork is still excellent. Had no bearing on yesterday's match whatsoever: Golovin was too good on the day.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:01 PM
the same thing that is happening to her is what happened to kuznetsova....look at the guts on her....in all their glory....and they are both playing flabtastic tennis ATM....and no talk about Serena's ass....she's had it for quite some time now and it hasn't bothered her tennis :D there is a difference when you're always big (no Serena is not fat haters) to being skinny then becoming fat..which is what is happening to nadia as well as Kuznetsova..

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah that gut is :tape: Too bad her boobies can't grow with it :tape:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:06 PM
OK.

I love the way she plays(love the mix of shots etc), and quite frankly she seems like a nice enough lass, but DAMMIT, LOSE DAT GUT ASAP!!!!!!!

We have a don imus on board :tape:

Wayn77
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah that gut is :tape: Too bad her boobies can't grow with it :tape:

I prefer em small and pert - rather than big and flabby :p ;)

Serena!
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:13 PM
yeah nadia has been looking a little chunky lately

ShimSham
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:19 PM
she 's getting older,she is 25yrs and she slowly looking like rosie o'donnell for some reason.

I always thought she looked like Randy Quaid.

miffedmax
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I thought maybe it was the outfit or the camera, but I guess Nadia is a little overweight. But I don't recall her ever being what I would consider "lanky." She's just a bigger girl.

TSequoia01
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Serena needs a big butt to counter balance her big top. Without it she might tip over. :angel:

Frode
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Just because a woman has a booty on her, it does not mean she's fat;)

cellophane
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:53 PM
I thought maybe it was the outfit or the camera, but I guess Nadia is a little overweight. But I don't recall her ever being what I would consider "lanky." She's just a bigger girl.

I didn't remember either until I saw this

http://www.********************/tr_net_photos_art/PETROVA_rc_fcc_04_swing_350.jpg

Put "t e n n i s r e p o r t e r s. n e t" in there

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:18 PM
OK.

Actually, last year during this same time, Mother Marjorie, while applauding Nadia's clay court success, also pointed out her obvious weight problem. However, it largely fell on deaf ears because Nadia was winning and some of her die hard fans denied her weight problem because she was winning.

Now, mind you, Nadia has always been a bit larger and taller than the other girls. But at least she's healthy and doesn't have any type of eating disorder plaguing her. She was also plagued with injury which plays an important factor.

Mother Marjorie doesn't think Nadia's weight played as much a factor in her loss to Tatiana as what Tatiana's weight loss and improved footwork played in her win.

Nadia will probably always carry around a few extra pounds, sorta like the players of the '70's. But she's got enough game to largely overcome the shortcomings of weight issue.

But that's just Mother Marjorie's opinion.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:19 PM
We have a don imus on board :tape:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lacigirl
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:32 PM

:tape: :tape: :tape:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:35 PM
OK.

I know that I'm relatively new here, but I've written about Petrova's need to improve her fitness (she now has a trainer) at least three times. Twice in the last week. So, its not only Serena that folks are looking at.

brent-o
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Yea, I noticed that too. Petrova's body looked...thicker. Most notably her stomache but also her arms had some fat that wasn't there before. Granted, Petrova's never gonna look really "skinny" because of her weird body type (and it's not her fault). But she clearly was out of shape because it hampered her movement.

cellophane
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Yea, I noticed that too. Petrova's body looked...thicker. Most notably her stomache but also her arms had some fat that wasn't there before. Granted, Petrova's never gonna look really "skinny" because of her weird body type (and it's not her fault). But she clearly was out of shape because it hampered her movement.

I think she actually looked pretty skinny in the pic I posted.

Martie
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:42 PM

http://www.********************/tr_net_photos_art/PETROVA_rc_fcc_04_swing_350.jpg

Good heavens!

That is a lank!

tonybotz
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:50 PM
serenas ass is a rock. the wta needs a "no beer gut" rule.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:02 AM
lmao!!!!

Dawn Marie
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:05 AM

:tape: :tape: :lol: :lol: :worship: :worship:

Dawn Marie
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I stated this when I saw her playing Serena at AO 07. I commented on her fat ass when she made those rude remarks about Serena's fitness. Nadia had the nerve to question Serena's desire when it is Nadia herself who is a tennis fatty.

Now look. Nadia is continuing to pile on pounds and Serena just piled on another slam.

carling
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Like Serena and Clijsters, Petrova has never been a slender girl, but there's a difference between strong and fat. I've seen Petrova play many times over the years and she was noticably overweight yesterday, just like Serena was last year. Nadia's face was full and round. Her arms were thick and she had a gut that made her look pregnant. It's pointless to deny the obvious.

Petrova needs to get her fat ass into shape. She looked really bad yesterday. Tati's dropped a few pounds and clearly it shows.

azinna
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Actually, last year during this same time, Mother Marjorie, while applauding Nadia's clay court success, also pointed out her obvious weight problem....

Wait. Does this poster typically refer to herself in the 3rd person?

WTAWorld is getting stranger by the day....

esquímaux
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:09 AM
She had cafeteria lady arms yesterday. :unsure::lol: Yeah, I think she pulled out a hairnet during a changeover :scared:;)

austennis
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:17 AM
So many players seem to be carrying bit of xtra weight (but so does 1/2 society).. for some players like Capriart, Clijsters its not a problem but for other Gronefield, Bartoli it can really hamper their play

jusanothername
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:22 AM
petrova is carrying a bit more, but watching her she didn't look slow she just played badly. She may need to drop a few pounds same with gronefeld... if they feel they can handel it who am i to point the stick. Skinny doesn't mean you are any fitter either.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Wait. Does this poster typically refer to herself in the 3rd person?

WTAWorld is getting stranger by the day....
Because Mother Marjorie can.

oddkayla
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:05 AM
And this is the same Nadia Petrova that slighted Serena Williams about her lack of fitness and how players were not afraid of her before their match at the Australian Open? Surely it cannot be her???

basset
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:04 PM
petrova obviously has too much weight. same with golovin.

kabuki
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:30 PM

OMG. Now that is truly shocking.