PDA

View Full Version : Shahar Peer was injured: In doubt for Charleston!

RG Moonballer
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Shahar Peer was injured during her training session in Charleston. She fell and cut her arm and leg. The leg seems to be fine, the arm however - not so much. There's a deep incision in her left shoulder, which prevents Shahar to fully train for the upcoming Tier I tournament.
Currently, a lot of efforts are being made for Shahar to heal and compete, however the final decision will be made tomorrow.

Wow, that sucks. Hope she will be ok. I would suggest her to skip Charleston, if I were her team.

Anyway, I hope she will recover soon. Feel well Shahar!

.Andrew.
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Why during the tournament? I hope she doesn't withdraw and continues to play well.

Shahar :sad:

TaxPower
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:29 PM
that would be a pity

RG Moonballer
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, she had a great shot making it to the semis in such a weak Tier I. But health comes first.

.Andrew.
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, she had a great shot making it to the semis in such a weak Tie I. But health comes first.

So she withdrew? :eek:

She'd have a tough time with Jankovic but it's a match she could possibly win.

RG Moonballer
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:46 PM
So she withdrew? :eek:

She'd have a tough time with Jankovic but it's a match she could possibly win.

Not yet. We'll know tomorrow.

.Andrew.
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Not yet. We'll know tomorrow.

Thanks. Please don't withdraw Shahar :hug:

partbrit
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Oh my. We watched some of that practice yesterday, but left before the accident occurred. Here's hoping she can play.

John.
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:42 PM
So much excitement around this event a couple of weeks ago. Now it's just :yawn:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Real shame if she can't play or her performance is impaired. With all the pull outs and with clay being Peer's best surface this tournament could be a great opportunity for her.

LDF
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:53 PM
It would be a shame to see another withdrawal :(

I wish Shahar a speedy recovery :wavey:

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:54 PM
So much excitement around this event a couple of weeks ago. Now it's just :yawn:

:sad:

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
It would be a shame to see another withdrawal :(

I wish Shahar a speedy recovery :wavey:

I know its turning into another Montreal:o

I love Peer, i hope she's allright :hug:

pierce0415
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM
she hasn't withdrawn yet
so not a big deal

Love-seles
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Any shoulder injury is always a big deal. the cuts don't sound good ether. just what the heck did she fall on or into anyway? i hope the cut on her leg doesn't leave a scar. she has such nice legs!

Or Levy
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Oh man, Oh man... what bad luck. Such a silly injury too, to fall during a run in practice?

Poor Shahar, this stinks. She has managed to avoid any real injuries so far, this is just too bad right before clay season.

Meteor Shower
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Seems like it only affects her backhand. She wanted to work on the slice backhand, now she has a whole match to do it. :p

Nah, At least its cuts - something that will heal through time.

Hope it'll be past in no time Shahar!

Uranus
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I hope she plays! :scared:

©@®eLess
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:13 PM

and guess who's there this time too :)

sapir1434
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I hope she'll be ok :hug:

supergrunt
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
These girls are gonna have to realize that sooner or later they will have to play Serena.. just prolonging it will not change anything :shrug: :p

LadyLil
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
These girls are gonna have to realize that sooner or later they will have to play Serena.. just prolonging it will not change anything :shrug: :p

I don't see a link to a source for this. I do hope she's not seriously injured.

keirana332
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:01 PM
aww bad luck shahar
hopefully she won't have to withdraw
btw what the heck did she fall on?

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:08 PM
NO SHAHAR! :sad: :awww:

Get better soon!

Or Levy
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I don't see a link to a source for this. I do hope she's not seriously injured.

I can give you a link in Hebrew, but I doubt it would help you much.

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3385958,00.html

It's not serious, I think - it's a cut, but a painful cut, the kind that could make it hard for her to play.

gelrad
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:18 PM

This is a silly thing to say, as match as an anti serena fan will say that serena sent someone to create the accedent...

LadyLil
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I can give you a link in Hebrew, but I doubt it would help you much.

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3385958,00.html

It's not serious, I think - it's a cut, but a painful cut, the kind that could make it hard for her to play.

Thanks. Printing a source, even in a language many people don't understand, gives credibility. Machine translations can be used if a fan wants specifics.

schorsch
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM
:( no she's our clay can be fun hope

Bruno71
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM

That's funny...I seem to recall Shahar Peer playing Serena twice in the last few months and giving her all sorts of problems both times. But perhaps you're saying Shahar had enough? Because we all know she's so scared of playing Serena :lol:

schorsch
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:22 PM

even though you put your tongue out it was still such a mean reply. you know pe'er is the last player who deserves these funny jokes. she's the one girl that really seems to be working her butt off and never giving up. the one that would never go against her responsabilities... poor thing. i think she was really looking forward to play on clay again :-) i cant wait to see her run around the court like crazy :D

schorsch
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:23 PM
you're not scared of -playing<- serena... you're scared of ->serena<-

Or Levy
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks. Printing a source, even in a language many people don't understand, gives credibility. Machine translations can be used if a fan wants specifics.

Hebrew-English translators?

Do tell me should you find one....:lol: :lol:

tks
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM
poor Shahar :sad:

hope its not too serious

The Jabberwock
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:21 PM

:lol:

Despite the other responses to this message, I find it funny...

Anyway, I hope Shahar will feel better and play. Winning Serena is just a matter of time. Unlike some of Shahar's fans, Shahar has patience.

BrokewingsPrince
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:30 AM
hope zheng will win this one

frontier
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:47 AM
:lol:

Despite the other responses to this message, I find it funny...

Anyway, I hope Shahar will feel better and play. Winning Serena is just a matter of time. Unlike some of Shahar's fans, Shahar has patience.why is shahar obssessed about winning over serena?she should be careful otherwise she will become like roddick obssessed with beating roger and forgetting about the other players.serena is the type of player who can dominate a player and never gives in an inch ask momo,petrova and many others.momo for many years thought she was near to beating serena but it took almost the rest of her career.
peer should focus on her game and trying to beat serena wont get her anywhere.serena is very good player who can totally dominate a player.

The Jabberwock
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:26 AM
why is shahar obssessed about winning over serena?she should be careful otherwise she will become like roddick obssessed with beating roger and forgetting about the other players.serena is the type of player who can dominate a player and never gives in an inch ask momo,petrova and many others.momo for many years thought she was near to beating serena but it took almost the rest of her career.
peer should focus on her game and trying to beat serena wont get her anywhere.serena is very good player who can totally dominate a player.

I never said Shahar is obssessed about winning over Serena. I doubt she evn think about it.
Shahar is a hard worker with a lot of patience. She is taking every match seriously and separatly from other matches in the same tournament.

I (personally) would like to see more matches of Shahar against Serena. This is mainly because it will most probably be in one of the final stages of the tournament and hopefully Shahar will take her chaces (at least once... ;) )

paranr
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:49 AM
she might play after all, her match was postponed for tomorrow. I hope she'll be 100% for it.

itzhak
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:31 PM
latest report: it is improving and she is planning to play but if she will feel during the match that this is hurting her, she will quit because she is now nore concentrating on the Fed cup clash against Canada. so, even if she will play, she might retire during the match...

Max565
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Damn... What is happening to Charleston.... It's turning into Montreal or Indian Wells... It's now the 'cursed' tourney.... thank god the Williams sisters are there because I doubt a lot of American spectators would come if not..

tobi
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:16 PM
She is on doubles draw too isnt she.

Or Levy
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:21 PM
LOL obsessed with winning over Serena? She's in her draw, to get titles, she has to win against her!

Same for Roddick (whom I like BTW), and I dare say Shahar has better chances against Serena than he has against Roger.

drory
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
yes She is on doubles draw with ztipi obziler, and she will play tomorow the singles fo sure im douth about the doubles.

Ellery
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Shahar :sad: :hug:

pierce0415
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM
cmon Jie take this girl out of the draw!!!

amirhendel
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM

how its connected to the thread:rolleyes:

gelrad
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:37 PM

This is low...:(

pierce0415
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:02 PM
how its connected to the thread:rolleyes:

if Shahar is not fully fit, she should not be playing in this tournament ... she is risking herself for further injury by playing ... it is an important lesson for her to learn in her career ... if she plays and goes far, she will put Isreal's Fed Cup chances at risk

with that said, Jie is one of my fave players and Shahar one of my least fave so I obviously would like Jie to take her out ASAP

oooo86
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:03 PM

what do you mean- another montreal?

oooo86
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:04 PM
she hasn't withdrawn yet
so not a big deal

even if she'll not withrawn yet shell not be in her best shape and maybe will beat zheng but won't go so far as she could...

Or Levy
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I don't think this is the kind of an injury that is likely to get worse by playing, she hasn't pulled a muscle, or hurt herself in any serious way, she has a simple cut on her hand, but it's in such a place that it's probably going to be painful to hit her backhand, and therefore affect her playing.

If she can play in spite of the cut, it is most likely to heal by itself anyway. I DO think she should withdraw from the doubles though, even though she wanted to play with Tzipi.

amirhendel
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM
if Shahar is not fully fit, she should not be playing in this tournament ... she is risking herself for further injury by playing ... it is an important lesson for her to learn in her career ... if she plays and goes far, she will put Isreal's Fed Cup chances at risk

with that said, Jie is one of my fave players and Shahar one of my least fave so I obviously would like Jie to take her out ASAP

i dont know about u but when my faves beats somebody who is injure im not so happy..

Uranus
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM
what do you mean- another montreal?
Montreal had a very good field at the beginning but there were many late withdrawals, also after the draw was made + retirements.
In the end, Ivanovic def. Hingis in the finals (weren't in top 10 at the time :shrug: )

itzhak
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:47 PM
it is now official: Shahar WILL play singles and doubles...

gelrad
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM

I just hope Shahar will double beagle all your fav's...

paranr
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:55 PM

why does she have to play doubles with the injury??? probably because she is too kind to say to Tsipi - go home:confused: a stupid decision if you asked me.

gelrad
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM
why does she have to play doubles with the injury??? probably because she is too kind to say to Tsipi - go home:confused: a stupid decision if you asked me.

She said Fed Cup is importent, she is going to play doubles with Tsipi at Fed Cup. This is why they play togetor...

charmedRic
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
best of luck girl!

pierce0415
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:04 PM

:rolleyes: after all that fuss
I bet Shahar will become Kim 2.0

oooo86
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:29 PM
trust her and her coaches they know what they're doing!!

amirhendel
Apr 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM
:rolleyes: after all that fuss
I bet Shahar will become Kim 2.0

I bet Shaher will eat chinese food wommorow...:p

pierce0415
Apr 10th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I bet Shaher will eat chinese food wommorow...:p

LOL or maybe Jie will force feed Shahar a bagel and some breadstix

KatChr
Apr 10th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I Hope Shahar will play! And if she does she is gonna win!!

geri234
Apr 10th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Shahar will play !

She wrote about the injury on her blog :

04.10.07 Family Circle Cup
Hello Everyone!

Thank you all so much for all of the emails! I have received questions and support from people all over the world - Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. I would love to respond to each one, but it is difficult with so much traveling and playing I have to do. Please know that I do get them and that they mean so much to me so please keep writing! One email I received a few days ago from Annie Bray, an 8 year-old, asked me if I lost a lot of matches when I first started playing tennis. Annie is starting to play tournaments and is having trouble with some of the older kids she is competing against. Believe me, I have lost plenty of matches in my career, not only as a junior, but as a pro as well – I still lose matches! But I love the sport and I love to compete and I love working on my game in order to one day beat the players who are beating me. Losing is not fun and playing in tournaments is hard, but it is important to remember to learn from the losses and to keep playing…it WILL result in wins, maybe not immediately, but it will, I know.

Other emails have asked me about my time in the Israeli army and what life was like for me in basic training. First, all Israeli’s, who are able, serve in the army, it is a duty I was doing for my country. I love my country and care about the people of Israel very much, the same way everyone cares for their country. My basic training was like the others than other soldiers. After I finished basic training, I had an office job which gave me time to practice tennis and to travel when I needed to. I am not sure it made me tougher or more disciplined, but it might have helped. I had already learned when I was younger, from my coaches, that I need to take care of my body, eat right and get a lot of rest before matches. I have good discipline and take fitness and training seriously. I will serve for two years and complete my service and am proud of that, but I had a little different experience in basic training than many others.

Miami was a good tournament for me, I thought I played well and I reached my first ever Tier I semi-final. Thanks to everyone who wished me luck going into that match, I wish I could have won it. The first set was very close and could have gone either way. Unfortunately, I could not close it out and then Serena started to pull away in the second set. After the match, I took a few days of rest and headed home to Palm Springs to train with Jose to get ready for the clay. I am in Charleston now for the Family Circle Cup. Charleston is a beautiful city, I like it a lot. I was not sure I would be able to play because I had fallen and cut my hand a few days ago, but I got a late start and am feeling better now and am excited to get out there. I am seeded 5th and am getting ready for my first match against Jie Zheng tomorrow.I have never played her before.
Anyway, I am off to practice again. Please keep sending emails and I will check in with you soon!

Shahar
Shahar@teamprince.com

drory
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:51 PM
LOL or maybe Jie will force feed Shahar a bagel and some breadstix

why do you hate shahar so much? we could saw this after you opend thred when shahar went to 1/2 finals at miami beacose she was "so lucky"
you know shahar is not the only player that prevent na lee from top 10.

Willam
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:52 PM
i love this girl!

Meteor Shower
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:53 PM
why do you hate shahar so much? we could saw this after you opend thred when shahar went to 1/2 finals at miami beacose she was "so lucky"
you know shahar is not the only player that prevent na lee from top 10.

Please just ignore him, don't feed the troll.
When he will have valid points except for 'lucky draws' then he will be worth a dicussion.

schorsch
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:20 PM
i am so glad shahar feels better again. you got me worried there :/
come on shahar !

Willam
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:49 PM
she is playing tomorroww?!

frontier
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:34 PM
from the blog one can tell that serena is getting to shahar,its really appearing like a desperate situation which can turn to hate.serena is a 8 slams champion and what has peer done that can make her think she is of equal talent.she is delusional to think that first set could have gone either way,serena is a tactitian she gives you false hopeand then bust your bubble.peer should ask petrova,momo,justine ,pova,lindsay and many others too numerous to mention.serena can ruthlessly beat you again and again amelie knows best.

Love-seles
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Well according to what Peer just said she only has a cut hand. the reports said cut leg. and also a hurt shoulder. WTF???

jerryxiao1988
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:00 AM
wish peer could enter top10 soon. it is her clay season

Bruno71
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:38 AM
from the blog one can tell that serena is getting to shahar,its really appearing like a desperate situation which can turn to hate.serena is a 8 slams champion and what has peer done that can make her think she is of equal talent.she is delusional to think that first set could have gone either way,serena is a tactitian she gives you false hopeand then bust your bubble.peer should ask petrova,momo,justine ,pova,lindsay and many others too numerous to mention.serena can ruthlessly beat you again and again amelie knows best.

Wow you really pegged it. Serena lets her opponents get close to winning sets as a tactic to get into their delusional heads and ultimately prevail. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this brilliant tactic? Funny though, it seemed to backfire on her against Momo, who, if Shahar asked, would tell her that she beat Serena the last time they played, despite spotting her a 6-0 2nd set. You know, that time, in a Grand Slam, when Momo was #1 and Serena was..."unranked."

Not at all hating on Serena...just another one of her blind lackey fans.

ilovepaszek
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:40 AM
oh my god, she suddenely withdrawn.That is very surprise

ilovepaszek
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Well according to what Peer just said she only has a cut hand. the reports said cut leg. and also a hurt shoulder. WTF???Poor Peer,hope she can feel good again before Roland Garros

frontier
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Wow you really pegged it. Serena lets her opponents get close to winning sets as a tactic to get into their delusional heads and ultimately prevail. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this brilliant tactic? Funny though, it seemed to backfire on her against Momo, who, if Shahar asked, would tell her that she beat Serena the last time they played, despite spotting her a 6-0 2nd set. You know, that time, in a Grand Slam, when Momo was #1 and Serena was..."unranked."

Not at all hating on Serena...just another one of her blind lackey fans.momo managed to beat serena who was coming off a long injury break,the h2h is 12-2 in favour of serena,the next time they meet expect a major beatdown for amelie.whether its tactics or coincedence the following people lose in the same manner:petrova h2h 7-1,momo 12-2,peer3-0,pova4-2,justine 6-3,nicole2-0,dementieva8-0.
peer can ask the veterans like monica for help on how to beat serena all she wants, i am sorry to say the beatdowns will continue from venus and serena.
monica is known to have a grudge against the sisters for some reason,very soon serena will overtake her record in gs.
Let the beat down continue!

Bruno71
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:23 AM
momo managed to beat serena who was coming off a long injury break,the h2h is 12-2 in favour of serena,the next time they meet expect a major beatdown for amelie.whether its tactics or coincedence the following people lose in the same manner:petrova h2h 7-1,momo 12-2,peer3-0,pova4-2,justine 6-3,nicole2-0,dementieva8-0.
peer can ask the veterans like monica for help on how to beat serena all she wants, i am sorry to say the beatdowns will continue from venus and serena.
monica is known to have a grudge against the sisters for some reason,very soon serena will overtake her record in gs.
Let the beat down continue!

That long injury break didn't stop Serena from crushing Ivanovic & Hantuchova (after a minor struggle) in the previous rounds. She lost to an improved Mauresmo fair & square. She was 1 point away from losing to an improved Henin and one game away to Petrova, who's not nearly as good as Serena. Dementieva is a rather pointless player to bring up as she rarely beats any of the other top players either.

As to Monica having a grudge...got proof of that?

frontier
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:39 AM
That long injury break didn't stop Serena from crushing Ivanovic & Hantuchova (after a minor struggle) in the previous rounds. She lost to an improved Mauresmo fair & square. She was 1 point away from losing to an improved Henin and one game away to Petrova, who's not nearly as good as Serena. Dementieva is a rather pointless player to bring up as she rarely beats any of the other top players either.

As to Monica having a grudge...got proof of that?yes get the video of yec 2002 final against kim,she behaved like a sore loser together with capriati.monica is an adviser to jankovic and peer,she gives them the pointers which is okay ,its clear to see the hate on peer's face when she plays serena,jankovic the same she shows a lot of hate towards serena is this mere coincedence or notes from their guru monica.

Bruno71
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:44 AM
yes get the video of yec 2002 final against kim,she behaved like a sore loser together with capriati.monica is an adviser to jankovic and peer,she gives them the pointers which is okay ,its clear to see the hate on peer's face when she plays serena,jankovic the same she shows a lot of hate towards serena is this mere coincedence or notes from their guru monica.

I doubt watching it is gonna convince me that Monica not only has a grudge against the Williams sisters but is instructing other players to have a grudge too. I watched both Peer-Serena matches this year and Jankovic-Serena and sensed absolutely nothing out of the ordinary from either player towards Serena. Jankovic accidentally hit Serena with a ball last summer but it was an accident and nothing more.