PDA

View Full Version : Is Tati's game and attitude something to behold?

acetoace
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:20 AM
........I think yes without any doubt!!!!

More importantly, I think Golovin just won me over as a fan with her on-court demeanor and grace.

Through out the AI tournament and no matter who she was playing, she concentrated on herself and did not disrespect her opponents by shrieking ad nauseum at every stroke and throwing obnoxious fist at every point and at her opponent's errors as the shameless, ignorant, arrogant cheat & abhorrent Sharapova does.

After her wins, I particularly like how genuine Tati's hand shakes & pleasantries are at the net; including the joyful smiles and the eye contacts she makes with her opponents. Absolute class act, grace and respect for opponents I would say!!

During and after her matches, Golovin was very calm and did not gloath nor overplay her excitement over any point or her wins unlike Sharapova who had to drop on her knees after getting a cheap & undeserved win over an obviously injured opponent.

There is more to winning in tennis as exemplified by Tati's run at AI 07. Golovin's game is sweet to watch...... She has improved virtually in every aspect of the game and I'm liking her steady improvement and maturity. The future is bright for this player no doubt and I hope she is able to maintain the current on-court attitude. If she does that, the sky is the limit!!

With more time, I believe she would be among the many on the tour who would prove that Sharapova is no better than many girls on the tour. On the contrary, I believe the reverse is the case and this is just the beginning.

What say you?........

jazar
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:22 AM
yes, and so is her body

alextim
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:00 AM
very well said

Demska
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:05 AM
:drool:

Sefo
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:17 AM
You forgot to change the title to "Golovin better than Sharapova, isn't it?" :rolleyes:

frenchie
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:31 AM
I completely agree!!

Kunal
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:33 AM

More importantly, I think Golovin just won me over as a fan with her on-court demeanor and grace.

Through out the AI tournament and no matter who she was playing, she concentrated on herself and did not disrespect her opponents by shrieking ad nauseum at every stroke and throwing obnoxious fist at every point and at her opponent's errors as the shameless, ignorant, arrogant cheat & abhorrent Sharapova does.

After her wins, I particularly like how genuine Tati's hand shakes & pleasantries are; including the joyful smiles and the eye contacts she makes with her opponents. Absolute class act, grace and respect for opponents I would say!!

During and after her matches, Golovin was very calm and did not gloath nor overplay her excitement over any point or her wins unlike Sharapova who had to fall on the ground after getting a cheap & undeserved win over an obviously injured opponent.

There is more to winning in tennis as exemplified by Tati's run at AI 07. Golovin's game is sweet to watch...... She has improved virtually in every aspect of the game and I'm liking her steady improvement and maturity. The future is bright for this player no doubt and I hope she is able to maintain the current on-court attitude. If she does that, the sky is limit!!

With more time, I believe she would be among the many on the tour who would prove that Sharapova is no better than many girls on the tour. On the contrary, I believe the reverse is the case and this is just the beginning.

What say you?........

easy with the hate on masha!

lol

acetoace
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:10 PM
You forgot to change the title to "Golovin better than Sharapova, isn't it?" :rolleyes:

.....seeing from your Avatar, I do not expect a better response from your kind!!

Does my post represent the facts as it exists? I believe it does; if you think it does not, then bring out your facts. I wear no blinders like you, you know. Case closed!!

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:22 PM
She's a tennis player that just won her first tennis tournament. She's not the second coming of Christ, nor is she any more special than the hundreds of players before her which have done the exact same thing.

acetoace
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:01 PM
easy with the hate on masha!

lol

You're entitled to your opinion just as I'm entitled to mine. The fact that my position is at variance with yours does not make me a hater. Geez, some ppl just can't bear the truth coz it hurts!!

As you can see from the thread, what you read and deemed "hate", other people read and deemed the "truth".

I rest my case.....

Sefo
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:19 PM
She probably hasn't fell because of the dirt (read clay) on the ground. She was preparing for a photoshoot, right?

nouf
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:50 PM
look this article ! http://www.tatiana-golovin.fr/article_hotelcalifornia.php
:-)

Volcana
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM
What say you?........Her game is ordinary. For a top thirty player. Maybe even top twenty. She's steady, and seems to know the game, but I don't see the shut-the-opponent-down, impose-her-will ability of multi-GS champs. Nobody is coming out of a match against Golovin saying, 'there's nothing I could do'. The GS winner she reminds me most of is 2004 Myskina.

I have to be fair though. Venus, Ivanovic, Petrova could easily be three of somebody's last four matches in a slam, so one has to say she earned her first title, she didn't have it handed to her.

Talula
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I still think she looks like she's gone 3 rounds with Amir Khan. And isn't she Russian now living in Florida?

Talula
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:22 PM
She's a tennis player that just won her first tennis tournament. She's not the second coming of Christ, nor is she any more special than the hundreds of players before her which have done the exact same thing.

Yes, and her tennis isn't anywhere near the level of some others.

Dan23
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
You're entitled to your opinion just as I'm entitled to mine. The fact that my position is at variance with yours does not make me a hater. Geez, some ppl just can't bear the truth coz it hurts!!

As you can see from the thread, what you read and deemed "hate", other people read and deemed the "truth".

I rest my case.....
You're so caught up trying to get as many insults in one sentence that it doesnt even make sense. You cant even leave Maria out of single post in order to compliment Tati in a dignified way?

Good to see you're getting on the bandwagon anyway :yeah:

starin
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:40 PM

After her wins, I particularly like how genuine Tati's hand shakes & pleasantries are; including the joyful smiles and the eye contacts she makes with her opponents. Absolute class act, grace and respect for opponents I would say!!

During and after her matches, Golovin was very calm and did not gloath nor overplay her excitement over any point or her wins unlike Sharapova who had to drop on her knees after getting a cheap & undeserved win over an obviously injured opponent.

There is more to winning in tennis as exemplified by Tati's run at AI 07. Golovin's game is sweet to watch...... She has improved virtually in every aspect of the game and I'm liking her steady improvement and maturity. The future is bright for this player no doubt and I hope she is able to maintain the current on-court attitude. If she does that, the sky is the limit!!

What say you?........

ummm...she was grunting a lot, on a lot of points. It didn't bother me but saying she doesn't grunt is false.

disco_rage
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I was on my holidays last week in Playa del Ingles in the lovely Gran Canaria!

And while i was taking a break from sun worshiping i was lucky enough to see Tatiana's match against Venus Williams and i thought she played a very impressive match. Yeah, of course Venus was not playing well, Tatiana really imposed herself on the match. I think Tatiana can easily reach the Top 10.

V-MAC
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Yep the Tati bandwagon is steaming along :lol:
I must say though I was impressed with her the past week. I mean she doesn't have a flash game or anything but she just does the basics so well and hits cleanly. Nice to see :cool:

acetoace
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:34 PM
ummm...she was grunting a lot, on a lot of points. It didn't bother me but saying she doesn't grunt is false.

First off, no where in my post did I say Tati does not grunt. Of course she does like many players and grunting is actually ok as long as it's not done to an irritating level as Sharapova's. Now, that's way over the top!!

To subject your opponents and the live tennis audience to such horrible loud noice/shriek consistently on end is just..........Wow, Seles don't even come close. LOL!

miffedmax
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:36 PM
There is no doubt that, healthy and with the benefit of some time on the tour, Tati has elevated her game well above what it was a couple years ago.

Right now, I'd say she is just outside of "darkhorse status" to win a Slam; I think she'll make the second week of a couple but not threaten for a title, yet. On the other hand, she is 19. If her progress over the last year is any indication, I'd say she's about a year from being a legit contender.

Then again, I've been saying that about my fave since 2000. So what the hell do I know?

Marshmallow
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:40 PM
On clay, yes. Her attitude (in terms of concentration and belief) was really good. She doesn't have a great deal to her game, but especially on clay, her shots didn't break down, and she was covering the court well. Venus and Ana could have beat her, but they were too irratic. It was pleasant viewing, and i NOW believe she can go on to great things. She is one of the players to watch over next few years, and i think in some years a real contender for RG.

Love-seles
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Was Tati showing grace when she smashed her racket
after losing the 2nd set to Ana? lets not get carried away here. Golovin still has some growing up to do. but she's out to a good start winning her 1st title before turning 20.

blumaroo
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM
She has improved her net game considerably from what I've seen in AI. Having a good netgame is really a requirement for her high percentage game. Since the majority of the tour consists of inconsistent powerhitters, her style of play will keep her in the top 20 at the very least for a long time. Her first serve is quite good and her backhand doesn't break down that easily anymore. Yet she lacks the ability and the initiative to generate pace on her own to hit winners. But considering you can count the amount of excellent claycourters on one hand, it is very likely that she will be a threat on clay. Footwork and anticpation are excellent and if she stays fit, then it's hard to hit through her.

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:31 PM
There is no doubt that, healthy and with the benefit of some time on the tour, Tati has elevated her game well above what it was a couple years ago.

Right now, I'd say she is just outside of "darkhorse status" to win a Slam; I think she'll make the second week of a couple but not threaten for a title, yet. On the other hand, she is 19. If her progress over the last year is any indication, I'd say she's about a year from being a legit contender.

Then again, I've been saying that about my fave since 2000. So what the hell do I know?

hi

i forgot what i was going to say.

acetoace
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
She has improved her net game considerably from what I've seen in AI. Having a good netgame is really a requirement for her high percentage game. Since the majority of the tour consists of inconsistent powerhitters, her style of play will keep her in the top 20 at the very least for a long time. Her first serve is quite good and her backhand doesn't break down that easily anymore. Yet she lacks the ability and the initiative to generate pace on her own to hit winners. But considering you can count the amount of excellent claycourters on one hand, it is very likely that she will be a threat on clay. Footwork and anticpation are excellent and if she stays fit, then it's hard to hit through her.

Insightful response...... Yeah, Tati is still a work in progress. Let's hope she keeps improving.:wavey:

orfeus
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:28 PM
hi

i forgot what i was going to say.

:haha: :haha: definitely the best post so far!:bowdown:

...and c'mon people, she's still 19, without a full-time coach...I'm really surprised how many of you dare predict how many titles she will (not) win:cuckoo:

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Yep the Tati bandwagon is steaming along :lol:
I must say though I was impressed with her the past week. I mean she doesn't have a flash game or anything but she just does the basics so well and hits cleanly. Nice to see :cool:
http://www.parm.net/b3ta/bandwagon.jpg

Nicolás89
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:12 AM

After her wins, I particularly like how genuine Tati's hand shakes & pleasantries are at the net; including the joyful smiles and the eye contacts she makes with her opponents. Absolute class act, grace and respect for opponents I would say!!

What say you?........

in others words, "i cant stand seeing how sharapova is more succesful than tatiana"

Zombielicious
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:16 AM
:d

Nicolás89
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:17 AM
.....seeing from your Avatar, I do not expect a better response from your kind!!

Does my post represent the facts as it exists? I believe it does; if you think it does not, then bring out your facts. I wear no blinders like you, you know. Case closed!!

arrogant classist :ras:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Her game is ordinary. For a top thirty player. Maybe even top twenty. She's steady, and seems to know the game, but I don't see the shut-the-opponent-down, impose-her-will ability of multi-GS champs. Nobody is coming out of a match against Golovin saying, 'there's nothing I could do'. The GS winner she reminds me most of is 2004 Myskina.

I have to be fair though. Venus, Ivanovic, Petrova could easily be three of somebody's last four matches in a slam, so one has to say she earned her first title, she didn't have it handed to her.

Surpringly I agree.
She's a steady player and for some reason after their first meeting two years ago, Nadia and Venus could not figure out a way to beat Tati on green clay now.

She did the same exact thing against them. :lol:
And both collapsed like Elena Dementieva's serve on a cloudy day with no wind.

If she stays healthy, she's a factor on clay.

Nicolás89
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:21 AM
First off, no where in my post did I say Tati does not grunt. Of course she does like many players and grunting is actually ok as long as it's not done to an irritating level as Sharapova's. Now, that's way over the top!!

To subject your opponents and the live tennis audience to such horrible loud noice/shriek consistently on end is just..........Wow, Seles don't even come close. LOL!

venus?? :shrug:

junlee_vee
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:23 AM
I'm no fan of Sharapova, and Golovin certainly deserved AI beating 3 very good players.

But why can't this just be a thread were you praise Golovin while not bashing another player?

Quite pathetic if you ask me.

Nicolás89
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:28 AM
so many people believe tati has improved her game :eek:, come on she plays the same since 2005, she is like hantuchova, ups and down but always peaking in the same level of game, both had the perfect tournament for them to win, they saw a litle-tiny opportunty to win and taked advantage of that, dont see her with more than 5 titles

Denise4925
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:37 AM
This tournament really made me take another look at Tati. She's a pretty good solid player and didn't get rattled by having to play three better than average players on her way to the title. She really deserved the title and I congratulate her on her first title win. I love her attitude and demeanor on and off court. So, she won me over with this tournament. :yeah:

JackWalker
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:40 AM

What say you?........

well said

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:09 AM
so many people believe tati has improved her game :eek:, come on she plays the same since 2005, she is like hantuchova, ups and down but always peaking in the same level of game, both had the perfect tournament for them to win, they saw a litle-tiny opportunty to win and taked advantage of that, dont see her with more than 5 titles

I agree. Unlike Hantuchova though, Tatiana is probably a top 8 player on clay while Hantuchova on her favorite surface is top 15.
She could be a serious contender at Roland Garros even with not much growth in her game in the last couple of years.

Maybe she did have a perfect tournament.
I remember the day before Nadia played Tati at Charleston.
I asked Nadia for an autograph (she was in the sony erricson booth for the afternoon).
I told her thanks and good luck against Tatiana.

And Nadia sighed. Ewww...
I mean how can you have a defeated attitude against someone that at the time you never played.
The next day she played like shyt.
In this final she played like shyt.
And she can do better than that.
If she played the way she did against Justine at Miami in that final, she would have won.

At least in Venus' case she tried something different early on in the match.

Golovin played her usual gamestyle against the two and beat them even worse this time around on this surface.
Ouch.
I hope they can at least win a set the next time around.

Marcus Jordan
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:13 AM

What say you?........

Awesome post :wavey: very well said, and i wish Tati the best and would prefer it if she was the postergirl of the WTA tour.

kinglear
Apr 10th, 2007, 06:41 AM

Can't we all be happy? :) But just think what could have happened at Miami '05 if Golovin hadn't rolled on her ankle. :sad: I still believe that all things happen for a reason. Golovin's AI win was meant to be. I'm not afraid to say it, I've officially hopped on the Golovin bandwagon :worship:

esquímaux
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:53 AM
:Golovin Golden:

PLP
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Well she won her 1st title, and that indeed is something to celebrate! She seems to have worked really hard over the past year and now she is pulling out matches that she could have lost last year.

It's far too early to tell if this win can elevate her to a new level (top10) but she is getting close. I hope she has a great clay season!

Emina.
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:50 AM
i wish her all the best too :)

`

Bruno71
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Hmmm, I gather from a few of these posts that Golovin's game is boring, weapon-less and not much of a danger to top players. I wonder why she gave Sharapova her toughest match at the US Open last year (not to mention the SF in Miami before she went down on her ankle)? She also made pretty short work of Dementieva & Chakvetadze in matches last year, and has beaten Petrova 5 out of 6.

Folks, she has weapons...her game hasn't reached its height yet but they're tangible. Her forehand, for one, is pretty strong, and her serve seems to be improving daily.

majuu
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Hmmm, I gather from a few of these posts that Golovin's game is boring, weapon-less and not much of a danger to top players. I wonder why she gave Sharapova her toughest match at the US Open last year (not to mention the SF in Miami before she went down on her ankle)? She also made pretty short work of Dementieva & Chakvetadze in matches last year, and has beaten Petrova 5 out of 6.

Folks, she has weapons...her game hasn't reached its height yet but they're tangible. Her forehand, for one, is pretty strong, and her serve seems to be improving daily

Agree. Also don't forget she has had Mauresmo on a knife's edge the last 2 times they have played, she bagged a set off Henin in their last meeting, virtually all her encounters with Pova have been very competitive, she schooled Vaidisova last meeting.

Even in her last match vs Kim at Antwerp (i think), i got to watch it, and she was for a large part of the match going toe-to-toe with Kimmy from the baseline (the forehand exchanges were :drool:)