PDA

View Full Version : Let's celebrate : Julia Vakulenko #51 claims her best ranking

*Jean*
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Today, Ukrainian Julia Vakulenko reaches #51st spot in the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Rankings, which is the best ranking of her singles career. Something to talk about, after so much injuries, even psychological injuries, and one of the strongest come back, after a year on the Tour. Always getting through qualifications (except in Rome 2OO6 and Wimbledon 2006 [but she was a LL there]) she has a 36-18 W/L record since her come back, at 75K Las Vegas.
This year, she has victories over King, Pavlyuchenkova, Likhovtseva, Daniilidou, Schiavone...And defeated in 2006 Arvidsson, Jankovic, had MP against Schnyder...What a talent! Not very known of the big crowds, let's hope this Ukrainian playing also French Interclubs will have more and more fans, and more and more support...Such a sweet, simple and kind girl can't be alone! Let's hope her personnal best ranking will improve in the next few weeks, for clay, her favorite surface!

:worship:

So Disrespectful
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I hope she can get some good results. The top 50 is a crowded place with the likes of Pratt, Muller and Garbin.

stefi62
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:57 AM
She will make the top 50, she has a very good serve, good moves, good forehand! She will! :worship: Congrats already Julia! :wavey:

-sugi-
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:04 AM
She definitely has the game for top 50 :)

Her story has honestly been one of the most inspirational of a tennis player I have heard.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Today, Ukrainian Julia Vakulenko reaches #51st spot in the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Rankings, which is the best ranking of her singles career. Something to talk about, after so much injuries, even psychological injuries, and one of the strongest come back, after a year on the Tour. Always getting through qualifications (except in Rome 2OO6 and Wimbledon 2006 [but she was a LL there]) she has a 36-18 W/L record since her come back, at 75K Las Vegas.
This year, she has victories over King, Pavlyuchenkova, Likhovtseva, Daniilidou, Schiavone...And defeated in 2006 Arvidsson, Jankovic, had MP against Schnyder...What a talent! Not very known of the big crowds, let's hope this Ukrainian playing also French Interclubs will have more and more fans, and more and more support...Such a sweet, simple and kind girl can't be alone! Let's hope her personnal best ranking will improve in the next few weeks, for clay, her favorite surface!

:worship:

Julia is definately a very sweet girl. That has been very clear seeing her at Roehampton and Wimbledon the last couple of years. I've briefly chatted to her a couple times too and she is indeed, very friendly, modest and down to earth.

She is also a great tennis player with beautiful groundstrokes. She hits a magnificently clean flat forehand which she can hit for winners almost effortlessly. The way Julia is playing right now she can definately increase her ranking over the clay season, but she does have alot of points to defend between now and RG so it won't be easy. Last year, for example, Julia qualified and made the 3rd round of Charlston. So she needs a good week this week to hold on to her current ranking. She also qualified and reached to 3rd round of RG.

Where she can gain loads of points however is the rest of the year, after RG, when she will have absolutely no points to defend for the rest of the year. Julia has shown this year she can also play great tennis on hardcourts and I know from seeing her in England that she most definately can also play brilliantly on grass. I'm expecting great things from her at Wimbledon.

I have wanted to see how high Julia could rise in the rankings with a complete full year of tennis under her belt. And this year, more and more, looks like the year we could all find out. I'm confident of a top 30 ranking but I am hoping for a top 20 spot to be honest. But the main thing is just that Julia is playing. That is always something to be happy about. :bounce:

Vincey!
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Julia :bounce:

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:22 AM
after watching her play against hantuchova and them having a moonball fest at a grandslam a few years back and all this emotion being thrown on court i've been a fan.

go overdramatic tennis players! woo!

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Congrats Julia. :yeah:

Her uber-flat, clean groundies are fun to watch. :)

Shonami Slam
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:45 AM
she's the best ukranian ever, and I was expecting her to raise the first Ukraine title - but Alyona get there first.
now she has new all-time records to inspire her, but she really is amazing to watch, especially because her flat FH is something rare for a clay naturalist like she is.
brilliant little sweetheart.

Fire_Fox
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:54 AM
she's the best ukranian ever, and I was expecting her to raise the first Ukraine title - but Alyona get there first.
now she has new all-time records to inspire her, but she really is amazing to watch, especially because her flat FH is something rare for a clay naturalist like she is.
brilliant little sweetheart.

First Ukraine title has Medvedeva. :p

Congrats Julia!:worship:

gmak
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Julia :hearts: :kiss: :hug:
she's so good when she's healthy :D

congrats girl, you deserve it! :yeah:

-sugi-
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:15 AM
It is really amazing how down to earth she is off court. I have mentioned this story before, but I was walking with a friend at Strasbourg tournament several years ago, turned a corner and saw Julia :eek: I then said to my friend "OMG its Julia Vakulenko" and she looked over at me, smiled and said Hi. Then whenever I saw her around the site later that day she often waved at me :lol: :awww:

Wojtek
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:19 AM
She will be top 30 player if she hasn't had injury

Elwin.
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Congrats Julia ;) :bounce:

LUXXXAS
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:34 AM
It's great that she's in the Charleston main draw finally without qualies! She was playing sooo much Q matches this year! I'm so happy for her :bounce: and I will be cheering for her in Warsaw :D hope she gets MD spot directly (she's second on Q list)

Uranus
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:45 PM
It's great to see Julia playing. Top 50 is the next stop and I believe she'll reach top 30 this year if she can stay confident and healthy. :D
Pretty nice to see that she's enjoying herself and that's what counts after all those bad moments. :hug:
Best of luck to Julia! :bounce:

.Andrew.
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Julia :hearts: She deserves it. She is playing so well and having a great year. I can easily see her beating Kata in R1 :bounce:

Darop.
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Julia!! :banana:

Keep climbing! :yeah: