PDA

View Full Version : Who will have a brighter future? Tatiana Golovin or Daniela Hantuchova?

samsam4087
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Who will have a brighter future? Tatiana Golovin or Daniela Hantuchova?

RJWCapriati
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Golovin

Leo_DFP
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Ummm, completely different points in their careers. Tatiana has improved a lot and I think she has a slightly better chance of finishing in the Top 15 or Top 10 this year than Hantuchova. Golovin will definitely have a better clay season!

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Tatiana will win a slam or a few i think

antonella
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Great time to be asking this question.

selyoink
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Tati for the simple fact that she is younger. Daniela has likely peaked as a player while chances are Tati will still improve some.

Rod the Bama
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Tati, because not only she`s younger, but also a better all surface player than Dani.

Njay16
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:15 AM
I think Tatiana will, but I cannot see her winning slams with The williams sisters, sharapova, or henin around.

No Name Face
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:25 AM
ugh..you guys are such bandwagoners. the wagon's about to break, trust me.

Valanga
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Golovin...
She's still young...:)

So Disrespectful
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Tatiana played 3 good matches this week. I'm not going to read into her potential based on that. All power to the 24 people who did.

Direwolf
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Daniela has been consistent inside the top twenty
and has reached the 2nd week of slam lots of times...

she 2 TIER I (+)
already have lots of doubles and mix in slams...
at the moment i still think that Dani will have a better future...

but tati is 4-5 years younger...
and i think has yet to put 2 years straight without any injury...

LindsayRulz
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Golovin

Josh.
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:12 AM
pointless thread.

both at completly different points in their carrees, tatiana is on the rise and daniela is releasing what you can do when your confindent.

next thread please :yawn:

Derek.
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:14 AM
:lol:

So Disrespectful
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Anyway, Golovin hasn't done anything significant at a slam yet, has yet to crack the top 15, usually ranked on the cusp of the top 20 and doesn't have any huge weapons. She's been injured a lot of the time, and part of being a good tennis player is having a strong body.

Daniela obviously has huge mental issues and has not fulfilled her potential to this point, but even playing shit she's still managed to finish each year ranked above Golovin (except maybe 2004?).

serena_fan
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Tati

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Golovina by far

Sexysova
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Tati :D she is for 6 years younger :D or 5 - I don't know exactly :)

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Tatiana is 4 and 3/4 years younger to be exact. In tennis terms that is a huge amount. Daniela will hope to make the most of the next 4 or 5 years of her career and it looks like she will. Dani should do some great things in the next 2 or 3 years particularly. I would expect Daniela to finish this year, and quite probably next year with a higher ranking than Tati.

But Tati at 19 has the best part of a potentially glorious career ahead of her and she has alot of time.

I like them both alot and I hope they both get the most out of what is left of their careers. But in Tati's case that period is likely going to be twice as long.

jazar
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:53 AM
tati. she is younger and has more time to develop

frontier
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:34 AM
daniela had great potential at tati's age but she failed to live up to the hype.golovin still lacks consistency like say nicole who is younger.
she might have a career of say dementieva winning a few titles but will never be a big winner.

stefi62
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Tati, she is the heiress! :worship:

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Does Hantuchova even have much of a future?! She's not exactly that young and she doesn't seem to be getting any younger nor more effective on her matches!

It's Golovin!

Schnyderfreak
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Golovin for sure.
Maybe in Talent she has a little bit less than Hantuchova ,but thath Fighting Spirit!!!!!!!!:worship: :worship: eats yer heart out Dani !!

She will break through into the top ten if she keeps making progress like this

miss_molik
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Golovin

LUXXXAS
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Golovin!
because she's younger and she's still improving!

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM
dani, though i see neither winning a slam :sad:

orfeus
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Glad to see so much faith in Tati, just wonder how much of it is a part of the "Amelia-effect";)

A'DAM
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Both

Mark Spruce
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Tati

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Golovin for sure.
Maybe in Talent she has a little bit less than Hantuchova ,but thath Fighting Spirit!!!!!!!!:worship: :worship: eats yer heart out Dani !!

She will break through into the top ten if she keeps making progress like this

Hantuchova is not exactly what I would call talent...Golvin has more of it then the slovak...IMO at least!

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Hantuchova is not exactly what I would call talent...Golvin has more of it then the slovak...IMO at least!

Does Hantuchova even have much of a future?! She's not exactly that young and she doesn't seem to be getting any younger nor more effective on her matches!

It's Golovin!

Yes, Tati does, in all likelihood, have a great future. That is not in question.

But your comments regarding Hantuchova show you really haven't been paying attention. Did you happen to watch Indian Wells? No? I didn't think so. Hantuchova is not yet 24. She has five good years left. She is, infact, getting better and has time to continue to get better. It is not actually at all infrequent for tennis players to make huge improvements in the their games even in their mid twenties. Sometimes even in the their late twenties, note Tathiana Garbin being at current career high.

And Daniela does have talent, suggesting otherwise only makes you look like a fool.

TaxPower
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Tati

rockstar
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:57 PM
it's not a very fair poll. there's a large age difference between the 2...

Talula
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:01 PM
ugh..you guys are such bandwagoners. the wagon's about to break, trust me.

I agree. I bet this is about as good as it gets for Golovin.

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Yes, Tati does, in all likelihood, have a great future. That is not in question.

But your comments regarding Hantuchova show you really haven't been paying attention. Did you happen to watch Indian Wells? No? I didn't think so. Hantuchova is not yet 24. She has five good years left. She is, infact, getting better and has time to continue to get better. It is not actually at all infrequent for tennis players to make huge improvements in the their games even in their mid twenties. Sometimes even in the their late twenties, note Tathiana Garbin being at current career high.

And Daniela does have talent, suggesting otherwise only makes you look like a fool.

IW is a fetiche tournament for Daniela. You simply cannot assess her level by what she does there. I mean she just lost to Bammer aftr having won the 1st set easily. I am not saying that Bammer was lucky or anything because she has been playign great and it was a well deserved victory, but wasn't Hantuchova supposed to win that match? Yes, she was! Did she win? No, she didn't. I mean...

I never said she doesn't have talent. She does, a player who has reached world no. 5 has to have a decent amount of talent, but I still think that Tatiana is ahead of her.

I also believe in late career improvements. Farina Elia, Rubin, even Mauresmo huge breakthrough was when she was 25 or 26...It doesn't mean Danila won't do it...she might. But she might as well not.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM
IW is a fetiche tournament for Daniela. You simply cannot assess her level by what she does there. I mean she just lost to Bammer aftr having won the 1st set easily. I am not saying that Bammer was lucky or anything because she has been playign great and it was a well deserved victory, but wasn't Hantuchova supposed to win that match? Yes, she was! Did she win? No, she didn't. I mean...

I never said she doesn't have talent. She does, a player who has reached world no. 5 has to have a decent amount of talent, but I still think that Tatiana is ahead of her.

I also believe in late career improvements. Farina Elia, Rubin, even Mauresmo huge breakthrough was when she was 25 or 26...It doesn't mean Danila won't do it...she might. But she might as well not.

I'm okay with that. I would however add that clay is and always will be Dani's worst surface and losing to Bammer on clay, considering Bammer's form (hey another late bloomer) isn't that bad a result for her. Also I don't think Indian Wells is the only tournament to indicate Daniela's improved form. In the last few months she has played very well in Doha, Dubai and Zurich too.

That said obviously I agree I about Tati having the likely edge in the future as she does have a good 10 years ahead of her which is rough twice what Dani has. But I admire both players and will hope for both to achieve all they can.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:31 PM
it's not a very fair poll. there's a large age difference between the 2...

Err......yes, I can't help agree that this poll is like comparing apples and oranges.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I agree. I bet this is about as good as it gets for Golovin.

So you don't believe she will improve on this achievement anytime in the next 10 years? :tape: You might be right. But there is a hugely greater probability you will be very wrong on this one.

That doesn't mean Tati is going to start winning every tournament under the sun. But she she is now just one place off her career high and I'm confident we will see her surpass that this year. And she will almost certainly be adding to her trophy cabinet, most likely quite substantially.

Craigy
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Are you supergrunt #3?
http://i11.tinypic.com/4d1ze9z.jpg
Make a poll!! Serena??

Schnyderfreak
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I'm okay with that. I would however add that clay is and always will be Dani's worst surface and losing to Bammer on clay, considering Bammer's form (hey another late bloomer) isn't that bad a result for her. Also I don't think Indian Wells is the only tournament to indicate Daniela's improved form. In the last few months she has played very well in Doha, Dubai and Zurich too.

That said obviously I agree I about Tati having the likely edge in the future as she does have a good 10 years ahead of her which is rough twice what Dani has. But I admire both players and will hope for both to achieve all they can.

I agree there as well, Daniela's game shines the most on the hard court and indoor surfaces.
But still although it was on clay Dani should've still won that game or S Bammer deserves a place in the top fifteen? which is more likely??

This has happened Dani too many times losing too early in tournaments from lower ranked players than her unfortunately, cuz she has a great talent, but they all have at this level only on different degrees and factors.
I wish them both great years to come with attractive tennis,which suits their looks :hearts:

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:58 PM
golovin

Wiggly
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:42 PM
:rolleyes: .

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Golovin isnt going to go much further with that backhand and serve :help:

Uranus
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Probably Tati, since she's 5 years younger or so :shrug:
But I doubt she'll be top 5 like Daniela.

torak
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Tati :kiss:

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:47 PM

ehehehe I think we've agreed! :) That has to be the first time I agree with someone on this site...:P

416_Man
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Hantuchova is good in spurts. Hantuchova at her best would beat Golovin at her best. But Golovin is far more consistent, a better fighter, and more ept on a range of surfaces.

cheno79
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
golovin

Uranus
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Talent is what helped Daniela keep a good rank even though she hasn't had really good results in the past 4 years (before IW). And thanks to this she'll never fall down the rankings before she retires.

Natalicious
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM
tati :bounce:

orfeus
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Hantuchova is good in spurts. Hantuchova at her best would beat Golovin at her best. But Golovin is far more consistent, a better fighter, and more ept on a range of surfaces.

wow, can u specify "Golovin at her best please"? Does it mean that she's past her prime before her 20th birthday???:rolleyes: How can u tell what her best is when she hasn't reached it yet?:confused:

samsam4087
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:05 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship: