PDA

View Full Version : Doubles Qualies are no more on WTA Tour!

Drake1980
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:32 AM
I talked to a tour official today in Charleston and she said there will be no more Doubles Qualies on the tour!!!

GoDominique
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:39 AM
I know. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Wiggly
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:46 AM
They want to kill Doubles.

Because players who never plays Doubles but want to try it with a friend of them who's rnaking is not high enough to give them a WC or a direct place will never get in and they won't get the WC. So they will not play.

tobi
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Pathetic of WTA :rolleyes:

Ellery
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:02 PM
:rolleyes: Anyway.

jazar
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:14 PM
goodbye doubles. its been good.

Meelis
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
:rolleyes:

-sugi-
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:16 PM
:rolleyes: TERRIBLE choice.

Slumpsova
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
:weirdo:

nathie
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM
what a shame :tape:

amirhendel
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I think is good...
IMO doubles is for veterian players who can't do anything in singles...
I hope dechy become player like this and also Ai...

no money should go to the doubles quali ... he need to go to singles quali- the money there is wat too law

Lunaris
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I think is good...
IMO doubles is for veterian players who can't do anything in singles...
I hope dechy become player like this and also Ai...

no money should go to the doubles quali ... he need to go to singles quali- the money there is wat too law
For veteran players? :rolleyes: Like Stosur for example?

It's pure idiocy, thanks WTA. :worship:

amirhendel
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM
For veteran players? :rolleyes: Like Stosur for example?

It's pure idiocy, thanks WTA. :worship:

stosur is just one..for black, huber, VRP, Suarez, Raymond, Peschke, Husarova Stubbs, Stewart and many other 80% of the prize money (and even more in some cases) coming from the doubles

Lunaris
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:55 PM
stosur is just one..for black, huber, VRP, Suarez, Raymond, Peschke, Husarova Stubbs, Stewart and many other 80% of the prize money (and even more in some cases) coming from the doubles
But the important thing is that young players won't be allowed to play doubles unless they are given a wc. And when you want to play with someone who is not a top doubles player you can't. I don't give a shit about prizemoney.

jamatthews
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Was prize money even given in Doubles Qualifying? Can't imagine it would have been very much if it was.

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
stupid!

amirhendel
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:06 PM
But the important thing is that young players won't be allowed to play doubles unless they are given a wc. And when you want to play with someone who is not a top doubles player you can't. I don't give a shit about prizemoney.

I already said IMO doubles is for "old" players.. so i prefer that young players will play only singles (most of the time) and the "old" players who cannot pass 2rd in singles draw will play doubles .. i sure the crowd will be happy for it

LDF
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Wow, very disappointing move by the WTA :(

nathie
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I already said IMO doubles is for "old" players.. so i prefer that young players will play only singles (most of the time) and the "old" players who cannot pass 2rd in singles draw will play doubles .. i sure the crowd will be happy for it

playing doubles however improves also the game in singles even and especially for the young players !!!

tennisbuddy12
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:57 PM
i was thinking about that yesterday...thanks!

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:04 PM
wta ain't making smart moves these days....and your comment is an insult to all those who were great in both singles and doubles...navratilova, hingis, serena and venus and others....the wta just never treated it as important

AJZ.
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:45 PM
If the WTA really cared, doubles could be as popular.

I remember when they made this move as well as the 'doubles testing' wherein they removed ad games and made the third set disappear.

Ugh. is all I have to say.

crazillo
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well usually players come up in Challengers and should play doubles there, too (and they have Qualies there, also at 50 ks IMO). It's not that tough to get in doubles draws unless you are playing tier I's. I don't know if it'S good or not, but I don't think it will do too much damage to those willing to play doubles here and there.

A'DAM
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Why they just did not cancel it than kill it slowly :weirdo:

Monica_Rules
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Shame really, as someone has mentioned before its gave scratch teams a chance to play without a WC.

LCS
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:20 PM
What does Larry Scott think he's doing??? Is he trying to ruin tennis??? I am outraged!

John.
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:21 PM
WTF :weirdo: