PDA

View Full Version : Lucic was DENIED WCs at both Charleston and a recent challenger

croat123
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:40 PM
according to Mark Newman
if this is true, then WTF :fiery:
hell, i even understand Charleston not giving her a MD one, but she should have gotten the challenger and Charleston qualifying :fiery:
complete bullshit

piercerocks
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
yeah especially after the chakvetadze match they should have given her something.

paranr
according to Mark Newman
if this is true, then WTF :fiery:
hell, i even understand Charleston not giving her a MD one, but she should have gotten the challenger and Charleston qualifying :fiery:
complete bullshit

they're idiots, What other qualifier have made it to WImbin semi-finals?:fiery:

LindsayRulz
Damn :(

jazar
good decisions

polishprodigy
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
And what is worse is that Julia Vakulenko got a MD WC into Charleston :help:

John.
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
they're idiots, What other qualifier have made it to WImbin semi-finals?:fiery:

Alexandra Stevenson

She should have got one for the Qualifying draw. Poor showing.

coolconchi
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Dont understand this decision at all! :o

tennisbuddy12
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
The challenger has to be Pelham,AL and who is Mark Newman??

paranr
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Alexandra Stevenson

She should have got one for the Qualifying draw. Poor showing.

oh sorry, I shoudl rephrase my question:

what other fit and in shape qualifer has also made it to wimbi semi-finals?

Nicolás89
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
she did great in iw :(

-sugi-
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM
To be fair, Julia has been playing VERY well lately, but so has Mirjana...

Jakeev
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM

What does this have to do with Julia Vakulenko? She has at least made strides in her comeback this year.

Not cool at all......:mad:

Steffica Greles
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:57 PM
If Lucic is that good, she can qualify. She's won no matches in the last 5 years. Go figure.

Frode
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:04 PM
She should change her name to Anna Tatishvili;)

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM
:rolleyes:

Nicolas
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM
If Lucic is that good, she can qualify. She's won no matches in the last 5 years. Go figure.
She has currently no ranking :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Rightfully so.

Bennguin1491
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:22 PM

:lol:

Just Do It
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:23 PM
And what is worse is that Julia Vakulenko got a MD WC into Charleston

Julia deserved it !!!

Kevin.
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Julia has deserved her wildcard

3rd Round at Charleston 06, Miami 07, Amelia Island 07, all as qualifiers

but lucic does deserve her wildcard for her spot in the sport of tennis.

Uranus
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:26 PM
That's stupid. She deserved a QD WC at least at Charleston, and only with her name she should be receiving MD WCs at any challenger tournament she plays :lol:

Monica_Rules
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Oh she should have got 1 of them, she deserves a helping hand.

Brashkoala
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:36 PM
vakulenko has nothing to do with lucic, so nobody should even be bringing her up in the conversation. i think lucic deserved to get wc's into the qualifying of both charleston and the challenger. big thumbs down to both organizers of the events for not giving them to her.

HTE
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Leave Julia out of this, she is doing great.

Mirjana deserves some WCs for sure she has shown her comeback is serious and needs a helping hand.

The Dawntreader
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I can understand why it would be good for her to get WC's due to her determination to get back. However she's hardly first choice for WC's especially in the American events...........

She'll probably get some for the Eastern european events this clay season..

RONALDO'S GUY
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:02 PM
How about dothan?

MatchpointPRT
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I see players that in my opinion aren´t playing better than her and they get the wild cards. i don´t think it´s fair.Maybe Charleston is understandable but i don´t understand why she was denied at the challenger.

Jorn
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Mark did not just say one Challenger but more Events...

I'm pretty sure she was able to enter the 10K Events in Croatia?

croat123
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:42 PM
she is afraid to play in croatia because of her father. the director of the 25K tournament coming up in makarska offered her a wc, but she is afraid to take it because she doesn't think she is safe being so close to her dad.

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:53 PM
she is afraid to play in croatia because of her father. the director of the 25K tournament coming up in makarska offered her a wc, but she is afraid to take it because she doesn't think she is safe being so close to her dad.

:sad: :sad:

.Andrew.
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:09 AM
:eek: :rolleyes:

supergrunt
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:41 AM
y?

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:50 AM
People who feel like she doesnt deserve WTA WC's (even though I disagree with that stance), I can at least understand that point of view. But to say she doesnt deserve WC's into CHALLENGER events? That's just ridiculous. That's basically saying she doesnt deserve a chance at all. Which is flat out cruel. Mirjana's already proven she can still play. Somebody's gotta give her a chance.

I hope someone has the heart to offer her a WC soon, whether it be into a challenger or a WTA event. She more than deserves it. Seems like this whole IMG fiasco is gonna make this comeback attempt that much more difficult on Mirjana. It's really sad.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM
People who feel like she doesnt deserve WTA WC's (even though I disagree with that stance), I can at least understand that point of view. But to say she doesnt deserve WC's into CHALLENGER events? That's just ridiculous. That's basically saying she doesnt deserve a chance at all. Which is flat out cruel. Mirjana's already proven she can still play. Somebody's gotta give her a chance.

I hope someone has the heart to offer her a WC soon, whether it be into a challenger or a WTA event. She more than deserves it. Seems like this whole IMG fiasco is gonna make this comeback attempt that much more difficult on Mirjana. It's really sad.

In reply to this and your rep,

I do think she deserves WCs. But these are US events, so I prefer the WCs to go to US players who need a helping hand. Yes, I think Lucic deserves it over the Tatishvilis and Cibulkovas of this world, but, no, that doesn't mean I think she deserves it over local players. And really, we have to face it, Lucic never even reached the Top 30. She wasn't that big a name, so she is likely to have been forgotten by many people. That is to say, she won't draw much of a crowd, so there is no incentive for tournament directors to give her a WC. So, in my opinion, she was rightfully denied a WC at these events.

This does not mean that I think she should not get any WCs anywhere. For instance, I would hope for her she gets a WC at an event like Budapest. But this week there is a $10K in Split. Next week there is one in Hvar. Why not try those?

tennismaster8820
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:20 AM
In reply to this and your rep,

I do think she deserves WCs. But these are US events, so I prefer the WCs to go to US players who need a helping hand. Yes, I think Lucic deserves it over the Tatishvilis and Cibulkovas of this world, but, no, that doesn't mean I think she deserves it over local players. And really, we have to face it, Lucic never even reached the Top 30. She wasn't that big a name, so she is likely to have been forgotten by many people. That is to say, she won't draw much of a crowd, so there is no incentive for tournament directors to give her a WC. So, in my opinion, she was rightfully denied a WC at these events.

This does not mean that I think she should not get any WCs anywhere. For instance, I would hope for her she gets a WC at an event like Budapest. But this week there is a $10K in Split. Next week there is one in Hvar. Why not try those?

You don't understand some things!:o

It's prety cruel that nobody wants to give her WC! It's understandable for Charleston maybe, but challlengers? :tape:
It's not true that she doesn't draw attention of the crowd! What other player has been in news all over the world attempting comeback?
Mirjana doesn't have enough money to travel to Europe and she is still afraid to come to Croatia, she still recieves threats and doesn't feel safe enough!
Only option for her comeback are tournaments in USA!
Thumbs down to everyone who turned her down!:o

CooCooCachoo
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:57 AM

It's prety cruel that nobody wants to give her WC! It's understandable for Charleston maybe, but challlengers? :tape:
It's not true that she doesn't draw attention of the crowd! What other player has been in news all over the world attempting comeback?
Mirjana doesn't have enough money to travel to Europe and she is still afraid to come to Croatia, she still recieves threats and doesn't feel safe enough!

You should know that Lucic is not that big a name :shrug: I doubt she has been all over the news in the USA, really.

I think she deserves her chances, but it is not weird that she is being turned down by American tournament directors.

tennismaster8820
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:43 AM
You should know that Lucic is not that big a name :shrug: I doubt she has been all over the news in the USA, really.

I think she deserves her chances, but it is not weird that she is being turned down by American tournament directors.

You said she was never top 30, that's true, but she never played full season, tournament to tournament, has semifinal of Wimbledon, two tornament wins and GS in doubles, she was complete player with lot of personal problems!
I didn't said she is such a big name, of course she's not, but there were reports about her comeback on different chanels around the world and I don't agree with you, she does draw attention!
I'm sorry but it is weird that they don't give her opportunities, I'm sure that if it was an American with such success trying to get WC in croatian or some european challengers, they would give her WC without problems! At least for qualies, in the worst scenario!
Anyway I'm sure she'll get WC again sooner or later, but it's a shame she can't play regularly to get into form!

CooCooCachoo
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:52 AM
You said she was never top 30, that's true, but she never played full season, tournament to tournament, has semifinal of Wimbledon, two tornament wins and GS in doubles, she was complete player with lot of personal problems!
I didn't said she is such a big name, of course she's not, but there were reports about her comeback on different chanels around the world and I don't agree with you, she does draw attention!
I'm sorry but it is weird that they don't give her opportunities, I'm sure that if it was an American with such success trying to get WC in croatian or some european challengers, they would give her WC without problems! At least for qualies, in the worst scenario!
Anyway I'm sure she'll get WC again sooner or later, but it's a shame she can't play regularly to get into form!

The US focus on tennis is very different from the European view. I think Lucic would have much less difficulty getting WCs in European Challengers and tournaments and it would be better for her to set her sights on these events, IMO.

I really do hope she can make a full comeback ;)

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:07 AM

AH! That was extremely funny! I agree. Why does Tatishvili, who apparently can't win a match, get so many WC!...

Maybe a WC into Charleston was too much for Lucic right now, but for an ITF??!! She should get in directly even though her ranking doesn't allow her!

crazillo
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Other former good players had to work their way back through Challengers and Qualifying after injuries for instance. Why shouldn't Lucic need to do so as well?

Mileen
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM

:worship:
Sad she's been turned down so insensitively & unthoughtfully! :fiery: :o

zut16
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Other former good players had to work their way back through Challengers and Qualifying after injuries for instance. Why shouldn't Lucic need to do so as well?

Yes, but she's been denied WCs for challengers as well. That's just cruel; how can she get into tournaments when she doesn't even have a ranking? :sad:

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:49 AM
:sad: :confused:

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:49 AM
i can understand charleston but not the challenger

CooCooCachoo
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Sad she's been turned down so insensitively & unthoughtfully! :fiery: :o

Tennis is not charity :rolleyes: Tournament directors have more to worry about than whether or not Lucic has a chance to come back.

tennismaster8820
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Lucic was DENIED WCs at... Apr 9th, 2007 02:00 PM joe1977 stop
complaning you dumb fuck. Lucic is shit

You are realy pathetic! :lol:

Mattographer
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Shut up and move on!

HTE
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Shut up and move on!

you too!

Mattographer
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
you too!
Me too? :shrug:

croat123
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Shut up and move on!
somehow i feel like if alicia molik were denied wcs you would have been pissed :o

Mattographer
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:45 PM
somehow i feel like if alicia molik were denied wcs you would have been pissed :o
Actually, I'm not fan of Alicia Molik so I really don't care ;)

tennismaster8820
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Shut up and move on!

Who asked you anything? If you don't like the subject then don't post here! It's prety simple! :wavey:

Experimentee
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM
She should just play some 10Ks and work her way up. Shes hardly won any matches in the last few years, so she doesnt deserve WCs to big events more than anyone else. If she is serious about her comeback she would be starting from the bottom, and if she is playing well enough, the ranking will take care of itself and she'll be able to make WTA events soon enough.

Experimentee
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Yes, but she's been denied WCs for challengers as well. That's just cruel; how can she get into tournaments when she doesn't even have a ranking? :sad:

There are unranked players who are playing some ITFs, especially 10Ks. She should play some of those.

croat123
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM
she still needs wcs because she is still unranked

Marshmallow
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
So? If she did so well in IW, she should be doing well in the qualifying for challengers and all the small tournies she can get into, and needs to get into to get her ranking up.

Wiggly
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Nobody knows her outside Tennis World. She did "draw" attention one month ago during 2-3 days. and I don't think someone who doesnt' follow tennis wil remember that girl.

She would have better chances in Tier IV in Europe.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I can understand Charleston, but not even a WC for 25K qualifying? Especially after she pushed Chakvetadze good and hard last month.

She deserves one more wild card so she can get a ranking, which will be around #500 when it happens. After that, she needs to get her ass in gear and work from the bottom. There are a ton of tournaments within a reasonable driving distance of Florida during the US clay challenger circuit. She needs to get a car, get on a Greyhound...do whatever it takes to play in these events.

harloo
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I actually think this is good for Lucic. She needs to fight in order to get her game back on track. I think when a player recieves numerous wild cards they sometimes get a bit lazy. It could be a blessing in disguise for her, hopefully she keeps working hard.

radwanska
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:34 PM
hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!get used to being told to **** off Mirijana

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I know she wont play in Croatia, for obvious reasons. Outside of that I just hope she can play anywhere, doesnt really matter to me. She just needs one more event to get an official ranking... then I'm all for her working her way up from the bottom if thats what she needs to do. Then at least she'll get direct acceptance into certain draws.

iva_bg
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I'll start crying any moment... :rolleyes:

Monica_Rules
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I think she should play the up and coming 10k's in the US, they are usually quite weak so she should win them easily get a ranking then move onto the bigger challengers.

She may get a WC for roland garros or wimbledon quallies.

HTE
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Me too? :shrug:

oh yes, such comments are useless and not needed in a serious thread.

Mileen
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Tennis is not charity :rolleyes: Tournament directors have more to worry about than whether or not Lucic has a chance to come back.

Yes, you're right, but why is Krajicek getting a WC, she hasn't shown anything special and Lucic has been better than her, why doesn't Krajicek have to follow the rules and just work her way up? With that in the back of my mind, I thought Lucic deserved a WC too.

Dexter
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I think she doesn't really deserve MD WCs, but a couple of Q WCs here and there (especially in some ITFs) wouldn't hurt anybody.

Kart
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:06 PM
She should change her name to Alexandra Stevenson.

Venus Forever
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I definitely understand why she didn't receive wildcards into a WTA event, as I don't believe she even deserves one there, but she should definitely receive some into the ITF events.

I don't understand why players want to always come back on the large scale at such big events. I mean, I can understand players like Monica Seles, Martina Hingis, and Jennifer Capriati doing it, as they were legends of the sport before they left the game, and the three of them obviously proved that they could do it on the big scale when they did try.

But players like Alexandra Stevenson and Mirjana should start out on the small ITF events, and work their way up. Honestly, I think this is why Alexandra particularly hasnt been able to get to where she once was. Even though she is playing some ITF events, I believe she should play even the smaller ones.

Oh well, Good luck Mirjana

-sugi-
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:43 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
That was uncalled for.

I think it is sad, but I mean look at Linetskaya - she is coming back from an abusive father and coach and started from 10ks and has won most of them, I am sure Mirjana could do that just like Linetskaya. However, the odd number of wildcards for qually won't hurt anyone.

~Eclipsed~
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:59 AM
I definitely understand why she didn't receive wildcards into a WTA event, as I don't believe she even deserves one there, but she should definitely receive some into the ITF events.

I don't understand why players want to always come back on the large scale at such big events. I mean, I can understand players like Monica Seles, Martina Hingis, and Jennifer Capriati doing it, as they were legends of the sport before they left the game, and the three of them obviously proved that they could do it on the big scale when they did try.

But players like Alexandra Stevenson and Mirjana should start out on the small ITF events, and work their way up. Honestly, I think this is why Alexandra particularly hasnt been able to get to where she once was. Even though she is playing some ITF events, I believe she should play even the smaller ones.

Oh well, Good luck Mirjana

vutt
Apr 10th, 2007, 06:06 AM
she still needs wcs because she is still unranked

She can play 10k events and prove at 1st she is worth it. So stop complaining. A lot of players does so why she's so special?

esquímaux
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:49 AM
She should change her name to Anna Tatishvili;):lol: *DEATH* :wildcardqueen:

jamatthews
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:29 AM
She got a MD WC into Indian Wells. You can't complain that much about WCs after being given something so big.

Kunal
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:54 AM
thats messed

markdelaney
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:10 PM

It takes a desperately sad individual to get pleasure from somebody else's misfortune.