PDA

View Full Version : Fran Schiavone Now Undisputed Best Player Without WTA Title?

pierce0415
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM
anyone even close to her :confused:
Fran :help:

ViennaCalling
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Go Franny :rocker:

You will be the next!

John.
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Fran :hug:

Hashim.
yes...definately

gmak
yeah! and i'm loving it! :drool:

Bruno71
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I would think so...who are some other prominent players without titles?

Wiggly
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM
But now she's in slump.:rolleyes: So she will wait:help:

LH2HBH
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Meh

Poova
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:49 PM
It's her own fault. How many opportunities has she wasted? :help: I mean in Luxembourg she was up against Bondarenko and everyone expected Francesca to win. But she lost. Also in Sydney, she was leading Justine 6-4 4-1 but she STILL lost. :lol:

Frode
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I think the next on rankings without a title is Poutchkova at # 34.

She's lost two finals, but is only 19.

I think Radwanska is the only other Top 50 player without a title (?), but she's just turned 18.

A few more Peng, Kanepi, Bremond and Stosur.

Nicolas
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Stosur is in top 30. She is not as good as Franny but still...... she deserves at least a tier IV :rolleyes:

Lulu.
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I'll be shocked if she ever wins one. She's had what 8 oppertunites :help:

Frode
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Stosur is in top 30. She is not as good as Franny but still...... she deserves at least a tier IV :rolleyes:

Off course, I forgot Sammy! Probably because she has so many doubles titles:lol:

TaxPower
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM
she has to be the next. Now is clay season, her best surface

The Dawntreader
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah i'm sure Sammy is content with those doubles slams!:)

Franny is definitely the undisputed BPWAT. The way she's been playing this year as well, looks like that monkey's setting up camp on her back.....

MistyGrey
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Fran should've won Luxembourg last year.

donniedarko
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:09 PM
If any player should win a tournament is Kournikova,and shes better than Schiavone,but shes not a player anymore,so yeah...Francesca is BPWAT.

ps.Great win for Golovin over miss bad behaviour Petrova :)

schorsch
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
well... its hard for stosur to ever get a look on a title, because she's such a good doubles player that she enters the big tournaments to play with lisa... so in order to win a title she'd have to fly somewhere to a smaller event putting so much more stress on herself and maybe letting her partner down due to fatigue/lack of preparation.

timafi
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
she's got her fed cup title,I mean that should count for something

Conor
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Schiavone is useless :rolleyes:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:13 PM
If she plays only GS,Tier 1 & 2 it's impossible that she won a title :mad:

The Dawntreader
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Fran should've won Luxembourg last year.

Totally, did all the hard work beating Patty and Aga and basically capitulated against Bondarenko. To be fair though Alona put in a career best performance in that final.......

gmak
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Fran doesn't play smaller tournaments though, neither has Tati....

to be fair, Alona played out of her skin in Luxembourg...

Monica_Rules
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I'm still shocked she hasn't won anything. Its baffling

She had a prime chance in sydney 2006, maybe would have made her year even better.

Frode
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM
It's her own fault. How many opportunities has she wasted? :help: I mean in Luxembourg she was up against Bondarenko and everyone expected Francesca to win. But she lost. Also in Sydney, she was leading Justine 6-4 4-1 but she STILL lost. :lol:

Not to be cruel, but it might have gotten to the point where she needs a retirement to win her first final:rolleyes:

I hope she get's a title:)

Corswandt
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:59 AM
If she plays only GS,Tier 1 & 2 it's impossible that she won a title :mad:

Schiavone has entered the Estoril Open. Maybe she will play begin to play down once in a while to try to get a title.

Kournikova is to blame for this - it seems no WTA player can be taken seriously until she actually wins a title, even though reaching say a Slam SF (or being the top player of a winning Fed Cup team) is probably much harder than winning Bogotá. I mean, Smashnova has loads of Minnie Mouse titles, and she still sucks.

But on the other hand this also means that a player who finally wins her first title, like Golovin just did, gets a huge weight of her back, and it must feel pretty damn good.

Just look at what winning that Minnie Mouse tournament in China did for Chak.

.Andrew.
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Schiavone has entered the Estoril Open. Maybe she will play begin to play down once in a while to try to get a title.

Kournikova is to blame for this - it seems no WTA player can be taken seriously until she actually wins a title, even though reaching say a Slam SF (or being the top player of a winning Fed Cup team) is probably much harder than winning Bogotá. I mean, Smashnova has loads of Minnie Mouse titles, and she still sucks.

But on the other hand this also means that a player who finally wins her first title, like Golovin just did, gets a huge weight of her back, and it must feel pretty damn good.

Just look at what winning that Minnie Mouse tournament in China did for Chak.

Don't you mean Guzanghou(sp?) :lol: :p

Go Fran! Good luck in Estoril :kiss:

égalité
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Best active player, definitely.

Anna :help: :bigcry:

Natash.
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:54 AM
2000: Tashkent (lost to Iroda Tulyaganova)
2003: Canberra (lost to Meghann Shaughnessy)
2005: Bali (lost to Lindsay Davenport)
2005: Moscow (lost to Mary Pierce)
2005: Hasselt (lost to Kim Clijsters)
2006: Sydney (lost to Justine Henin-Hardenne)
2006: Amelia Island (lost to Nadia Petrova)
2006: Luxembourg (lost to Alona Bondarenko)

Poor Fran. :sad:

selyoink
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:19 AM
She sure is, but in her current form she won't come close to sniffing a title.

Havok
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:25 AM
Are we only talking about active players? Then yes it goes to Trannie.

Anna Kournikova is THE best player to ever grace the WTA Tour and not win a singles title. How this idiot didn't manage to muster up one solid week and win one baffles me time and time again. Shame.

aussy89
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:29 AM
sam gota be the next to win one, shes made 3 finals an if it was golovins 4th time lucky then sammy is due. she lost to schynder gold coast 05, molik sydney 05 and safina 06 prague. its time sammy, i keep thinkn birmingham for sme reason is her title

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:33 AM
But now she's in slump.:rolleyes: So she will wait:help:

:hug:

WonderfulLee
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:35 AM
..and im surprise that she never win anything in singles...even for an ITF tournament!

RJWCapriati
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Fran has had a bad year - I hope she can pick it up.

aussy89
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:55 AM
woops it was actually peer not safina who beat sammy in the prague final =p

stefi62
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Poor Franci! But it's clay season now, so hopefully she gets better and win, why not, Rome! :D

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:02 AM
sam gota be the next to win one, shes made 3 finals an if it was golovins 4th time lucky then sammy is due. she lost to schynder gold coast 05, molik sydney 05 and safina 06 prague. its time sammy, i keep thinkn birmingham for sme reason is her title

Lets go Sam!! What tier is Birmingham??

Orion
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:13 AM

Stosur doesn't play small tournaments, though, because she's got to get bigger points for doubles.

hwanmig
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Sometimes I imagine her winning her first title in Paris:o

felipe2004
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Active yes, but all time is Kournikova ;)

kittyking
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I think that Sam will win a Wta title before Fran

Corswandt
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Stosur doesn't play small tournaments, though, because she's got to get bigger points for doubles.

She reached the Prague TIV final last year (taking a set off Peer on clay :eek: ) and also played Memphis and Hasselt (the latter was when she was playing herself to the ground to make sure she'd be seeded for the AO though).

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:05 PM
fran is really good. she's just a horrible... and i mean... HORRIBLE choker. if it wasn't for her choking prowess she would have entered the top 10 and mingled around there for a while.