PDA

View Full Version : Bad Losers

John.
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Who do you think are Bad Losers in the game? Past & Present

The 2 that come to mind for me are Capriati and Graf.

I really like these 2 players, but felt sometimes, they were really off with opponents when they lost.

Who are yours?

Russianboy
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Vaidisova

ViennaCalling
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Jelena Dokic ;)

(remember her loss against Rita Kuti Kiss: "She was no tennis player, is no tennis player and will never be a tennis player!") :lol: :tape:

charmedRic
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Jelena Dokic ;)

(remember her loss against Rita Kuti Kiss: "She was no tennis player, is no tennis player and will never be a tennis player!") :lol: :tape:

she really said that?!

Reuchlin
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I've never seen a player cry as much as Serena does after a loss.

jazar
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
petrova

TennisSTUD
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Venus

Adal
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Smashnova

gumoll
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Patty :lol:

especially when sh was losing to Conchita :lol:

-VSR-
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM

You've got to be kiddng me. Serena is one of the best losers. She always has a smile at the net and congratulates the opponent. She has nice words for everyone and is really outgoing. Take a look at your avatar. :weirdo:

-VSR-
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I've never seen a player cry as much as Sharapova does after a loss.

Frode
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Petrova. Did You just hear her interview on Eurosport? The reason Golovin was 4-1 against her? She had been a bit lucky.

She said the same about Anna Chakvetadze last year.

Reuchlin
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
You've got to be kiddng me. Serena is one of the best losers. She always has a smile at the net and congratulates the opponent. She has nice words for everyone and is really outgoing. Take a look at your avatar. :weirdo:

Ironically she's crying in that pic :help: :help:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I've never seen a player cry as much as Serena does after a loss. :o

2005 Wimbledon SF much :wavey:
or 2007 Miami R16 or AO Final :wavey:

Venus
:rolleyes: you wish! Venus is the most sportsmanly player OUT there

jazar
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
petrova is a bad winner as well

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Ironically she's crying in that pic :help: :help: your pic? well, yeah, she's dissapointed in herself....having the chance to win 3 Wimbledons in a row and join the likes of Navratilova, and Graf, and letting that slip away, along with the title not being in your house for the first time since 2000 is a very sad thing..but your fave wouldn't know about that ;) :cool:

PatrickRyan
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:19 PM
The only time I remember Serena was crying after a match was RG 03 Semi loss. But it was mostly because of the way she was treated on court.

ce
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:20 PM
capriati

vesanto
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Hingis.

Roland Garros 99, anyone?

Poova
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I've never seen a player cry as much as Sharapova does after a loss.
That shows how much she wants it, it's nothing to do with her being a bad loser. :)

ViennaCalling
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:23 PM
That shows how much she wants it, it's nothing to do with her being a bad loser. :)

Right!

ViennaCalling
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:26 PM
BTW Nadia was friendly at the net .... not a bad loser it seems!

Black Mamba.
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:28 PM
My definition of a bad loser is a player that seems really happy or unfazed by a loss.

Hashim.
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Jelena Dokic ;)

:lol: :tape:

Hashim.
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Justine n Zvonereva

stefi62
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Hingis

-VSR-
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:47 PM

Then the same can be said about Serena. Your double standards is so amazingly ridiculous. :rolleyes:

ViennaCalling
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Justine n Zvonereva

Why Bepa? Because she cries? :awww:

Nope!

LindsayRulz
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM
:o

2005 Wimbledon SF much :wavey:
or 2007 Miami R16 or AO Final :wavey:

:rolleyes: you wish! Venus is the most sportsmanly player OUT there

So true. She always smile at the shakehands even when she loses. :angel:

Rod the Bama
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Hingis without question.

honeymo
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Hingis.

I agree

plantman
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:54 PM

I really like these 2 players, but felt sometimes, they were really off with opponents when they lost.

Who are yours?

You "felt sometimes" that they did'nt act appropriatly to the winning opponent, but yet you picked these two players above those players who have a reason for ever loss they encounter. :confused:

TaxPower
martina

V-MAC
Venus

:confused: I take it you are being sarcastic :lol:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Hana Mandlikova and Pam Shriver. I couldn't believe it when Pam went off on Tracy Austin after a loss and cursed her completely out at net (and as I recall, refused to shake her hand)! LOL She had to pay a WTA fine over it and she was on the board!

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
martina

Hingis went through a real bad spell when she was young. She seems to be more classy now.

Poova
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Then the same can be said about Serena. Your double standards is so amazingly ridiculous. :rolleyes:
And I said Serena was a bad loser WHERE? :confused: :rolleyes:

John.
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:03 PM
You "felt sometimes" that they did'nt act appropriatly to the winning opponent, but yet you picked these two players above those players who have a reason for ever loss they encounter. :confused:

In 9 out of 10 of their matches they were very cold towards the victor.

The same could be said for numerous players, however, these are the 2 that come to mind for me

The Dawntreader
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Kournikova could be a right sullen cow sometimes after a loss:rolleyes:

Didnt she once complain after a loss to lindsay before Lindsay retorted back saying ' She can say what she wants, but she's packing her bags right now' or words to those effects?

plantman
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM
In 9 out of 10 of their matches they were very cold towards the victor.

The same could be said for numerous players, however, these are the 2 that come to mind for me

Perhaps I'm slightly delusional when my favorite "Jennifer" is being knocked down. I in all honesty can't remember her being "cold" towards a winning opponent that often. Whiney, mabey! She like so many others have their cranky days. It's almost common place these days. Not so much outward "coldness"......but the in your face bitchness!:)

frontier
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
sour losers are namely:hingis 99,dementieva miami 2004 and semi usa 2005.
jankovic semis usa 2006,capriati always a sore loser.momo wimbledon semi 2004,petrova is the biggest sore thump.

-sugi-
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Anastasia Rodionova :tape:

radwanska
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Nadia Petrova,before her Amelia Island final match,she was interviewed and asked ''what is it about Golovin's game you find hard to play against since you are 4-1 down in H2H'S against her??Petrova replied ''She was lucky in the matches we have played......What a loser she is and remember in the Gaz De France final earlier this year against Safarova who was simply blowing petrova off the court in the first set and a bit,hitting amazing winners off loads of balls,Petrova waved her arms above her head indicating ''which way will she hit it next''.Petrova needs to learn to show respect for her opponents winners because sometimes your opponent in tennis is simply ''too good''.

lolo21
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Justine can sometimes be a really bad loser.
i especially remember her comments after her loss against Amelie at the AO 2006 : "Amelie just had to push the ball to beat me..." :rolleyes:
She was perhaps right but she certainly shouldn t have said it,especially considering the circumstances(Amelie,her supposed friend, winning her first GS but without the joy of winning a match point because of Justine's retiring)

that was certainly not Justine's best moment

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Petrova, why did you say her Jazar, she was nice with Tati today

Martie
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Justine n Zvonereva

Vera? No way!! This year when she was runner up to Jelena at Auckland, she gave the nicest, most gracious speech, thanking everyone, especially Jelena for a great match.

But Jankovic forgot to acknowledge Vera in her speech. :tape:

Geertvg
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Petrova.

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Petrova. Did You just hear her interview on Eurosport? The reason Golovin was 4-1 against her? She had been a bit lucky.

She said the same about Anna Chakvetadze last year.

I doubt she gave it as THE reason. "A bit lucky" is quite different from "she only won the match because she was lucky". She probably said that to show that the matches could have gone either way and the H2H is a bit anomalous,

Geertvg
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I doubt she gave it as THE reason. "A bit lucky" is quite different from "she only won the match because she was lucky". She probably said that to show that the matches could have gone either way and the H2H is a bit anomalous,

She smiled and said Golovin had just beena bit lucky, those exact words, and then said she beat her in a final and was hoping to do so again to even out the standings a bit more. :)

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM
She smiled and said Golovin had just beena bit lucky, those exact words, and then said she beat her in a final and was hoping to do so again to even out the standings a bit more. :)

I don't see anything wrong with that. :shrug: Like I said "a bit lucky" is different from "she only won because she was lucky".

Geertvg
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that. :shrug: Like I said "a bit lucky" is different from "she only won because she was lucky".

It's very disrespectful, it came across as "She was just a bit lucky, I'm the best anyways, and I am so gonna kick her butt today"... Typical Nadia stuff. So glad it's 1-5 now, I guess Tati is he most lucky girl in the world.

Instead of bitching about being lucky, she should have a plan B ready when plan A doesn't work, like today. Other than faking injuries or whining and sulking and having the shittiest attitude I have ever seen on court. :)

Tennisaddict
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Mauresmo YEC 2004 after the semifinal she didn´t even stop at the net she just shaked Serena´s hand and kept walking to her chair :rolleyes:
Serena was like :confused: and then whatever :lol:

Dementieva is sometimes also a bad loser.

Capriati what stands out with her is the way she would for example kiss Serena when she beat her but had only a cold handshake when she lost to her.

:lol: at the ones that named Venus she´s one of the classiest players in defeat very gracious. A lot of players could take a lesson from her in losing with grace.

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM
It's very disrespectful, it came across as "She was just a bit lucky, I'm the best anyways, and I am so gonna kick her butt today"... Typical Nadia stuff. So glad it's 1-5 now, I guess Tati is he most lucky girl in the world.

Instead of bitching about being lucky, she should have a plan B ready when plan A doesn't work, like today. Other than faking injuries or whining and sulking and having the shittiest attitude I have ever seen on court. :)

Like I said, you are taking it way out of context. I guess you would have only been happy if she'd said the reason Golovin has such a big lead over me in the H2H is because she is a much better player. If she knows she could have won some of these matches, then, yeah, some of it is luck. All of them were close anyway.

MatchpointPRT
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I don´t think Schiavone is a bad loser but i remember in a match against Bovina that when they shake hands at the net seemed to me that schiavone did something with her racquet to Bovina and said something... she clearly wasn´t happy with what happened in the match...

Kart
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'd be interested to hear who is supposed to be a good loser.

If you look hard enough you can find a (mis)quote on any player after they've lost a match that can make them look bitter.

Slutiana
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Venus

Are you kidding? Venus is the MOST gracious in defeat!

Slutiana
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:49 PM

the only time she cried was at the 03 roland garross coz of the crowds disgraceful treatment of her and henin's gamesmanship and she alsoo cried at 2000 wimbledon..WOW:eek: :rolleyes: THATS A LOT OF TIMES SHES CRIED!!! what about pova @ the aussie open? crying on court??

Slutiana
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:55 PM
My definition of a bad loser is a player that seems really happy or unfazed by a loss.

and you think a 'good' loser is someone who gets really pissed off, smacks the net and doesn't shake the opponent's hand?

senorgato
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I'd had to say the Williams sisters, half the time. At the same time, they can come off as the best losers, too. It's odd.

On-court, they're good about it. But during press conferences they get their jabs in against the opponent or come up with their excuses.

jamesuk
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Hingis I felt was at least always HONEST after losing, even if her reaction wasnt great. I remember when she lost a final to Davenport and in front of everyone she said "I hate playing you" or something like that. It was said in a kind of jokey way but you could see the frustration, and I think it shows character to be able to be that honest!

Remeber when Capriati blamed the press for her thrashing at Serenas hands at Wimbledon 2004!!!!!!

Who can forget young Graf losing to Jo durie in 84 or even worse , to Navratilova at the US Open in 86........loved Martina´s reaction to Steffi just storming off!!

I did like her when she lost to Loriat Wimbledon 94 tho, it was like she knew Lori was on fire and could do nowt about it. "She played better than me" she said after!

When she beat Chris Evert in her final Wimbledon in 89 Chris later said she "was so mad at her" just walking off......odd reaction from Chris there I reckon, at least Graf wasnt jumping up and down a la venus!!

I feel the Williams are just fine for the handshakes whatever the outcome, what they say in the press conference after is another matter though.

Justine...win or lose there never seems to be that much happiness or good sportsmanship vibes coming off her.

I remember Sue BArker I think and Pam Shriver ripping into Dokic aafter she lost to Davenport in the wimby semis. Dokic kept saying stuff like "I didnt play very well, and NEITHER DID SHE"....... that didnt go down well at all!!

Kournikova got it too one wimbledon for her interview with Gary Richarsdson (twat). She was crucified by John Lloyd and Sue for her attitude after losing. I was totally on her side that day, I felt sorry for her.

selesbooz
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Capriati cried after every loss. LOL

Mightymirza
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Hingis I felt was at least always HONEST after losing, even if her reaction wasnt great. I remember when she lost a final to Davenport and in front of everyone she said "I hate playing you" or something like that. It was said in a kind of jokey way but you could see the frustration, and I think it shows character to be able to be that honest!

Remeber when Capriati blamed the press for her thrashing at Serenas hands at Wimbledon 2004!!!!!!

Who can forget young Graf losing to Jo durie in 84 or even worse , to Navratilova at the US Open in 86........loved Martina´s reaction to Steffi just storming off!!

I did like her when she lost to Loriat Wimbledon 94 tho, it was like she knew Lori was on fire and could do nowt about it. "She played better than me" she said after!

When she beat Chris Evert in her final Wimbledon in 89 Chris later said she "was so mad at her" just walking off......odd reaction from Chris there I reckon, at least Graf wasnt jumping up and down a la venus!!

I feel the Williams are just fine for the handshakes whatever the outcome, what they say in the press conference after is another matter though.

Justine...win or lose there never seems to be that much happiness or good sportsmanship vibes coming off her.

I remember Sue BArker I think and Pam Shriver ripping into Dokic aafter she lost to Davenport in the wimby semis. Dokic kept saying stuff like "I didnt play very well, and NEITHER DID SHE"....... that didnt go down well at all!!

Kournikova got it too one wimbledon for her interview with Gary Richarsdson (twat). She was crucified by John Lloyd and Sue for her attitude after losing. I was totally on her side that day, I felt sorry for her.

trying to make stories eh?? Did u read justines interview after loss to serena?:wavey:

tennisbear7
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Well,

Sorry to say this but the Williamses are such great, prideful champions that anything below their expectation i.e. a loss goes down bitterly. They're really gracious at face value, but a lot of the time in the press conference they say that the outcome was decided by only them, by their errors.

It's weird. They can be both the most gracious losers and then they can seem a bit boastful. I think it's got to do with their expectations, and being honest. The matches that they lose are due to their errors, but then you could say that about everyone else.

Chrissie-fan
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:32 AM

When she beat Chris Evert in her final Wimbledon in 89 Chris later said she "was so mad at her" just walking off......odd reaction from Chris there I reckon.
Not really. It was Chrissie's last ever match at Wimbledon and since both players are supposed the leave the court together, and Steffi was in a hurry to get out of there she robbed Chris of the opportunity to say goodbye to the centre court crowd properly....No time for a long standing ovation, an extended big wave to the crowd or to pluck a little piece of grass as a souvenir (Navratilova style).

As for "bad losers", I don't think that crying or even being angry (at yourself) necessarily makes for a bad loser. Maybe the reaction to a loss also depends against who a player loses. Some are probably less upset when they lose to someone they like on a personal level than when they lose to someone they can't stand.

hectopascal
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I can see this becoming a bashing war :wavey:

veesbest
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Venus

oh whatever when?

solson7859
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:51 AM
WILLIAMS SISTERS hands down. They always say they blew the match and that their oppenent didn't play well.

Marcus1979
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:04 AM
what about Patty

remember the Charleston match between her and Conchita in 2004 :tape:

keirana332
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:49 AM
martina's 99 roland garros is probably the ultimate example of lousy sportsmanship, i sympathise with martina though, she will always be haunted by the mistakes she made when she was younger.
she's certainly a more humble and well rounded player now.

Njay16
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:38 AM
WILLIAMS SISTERS hands down. They always say they blew the match and that their oppenent didn't play well.

Because they usually lose that way. I can only think of ONE match where a williams sister got outplayed.

I think Dementieva isn't the greatest sport after losing.

mm1147
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:47 AM
i remember graf lost to seles in aussie open quarterfinals in 99 steffi was very cold towards monica and then in french open the same year when steffi won against monica in semifinals its like steffi never met monica

radwanska
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:36 PM
pierce usopen 2005

aimee20
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:49 PM
pierce usopen 2005

what was that all about :rolleyes:

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Petrova is the worst! I still haven't forgotten the Paris final and te Moscow final, as well as her commentaries on the h2h versus Golovin. She said Tatiana had gotten luck! Well she got what she deserved! Her worst loss in over 2 years! What a fool!

Babyboi
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
petrova

Did you see her reaction after her match with Tati?

Pure class!!! :worship:

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I remember Elena D giving Serena the most half-hearted handshake at Miami 04:lol:

TBH, Elena must've been very glum after losing 6-1 6-1:sad:

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:50 PM

:rolleyes:

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:51 PM

i know:rolleyes:

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:53 PM
petrova

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:53 PM
i know:rolleyes:

:lol:

shrOOf
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Martina Hingis...

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:57 PM

its even more funny when they introduce the word 'openent'

Marshmallow
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Sharapova. The whimpering aside, she has at times resorted to smashing and hitting tennis balls at her opponents when she is losing. Don't believe me? Watch the AO 2007 final, and witness her vicious assault on Serena Williams, who might i add, was on her comeback from a string of injuries and physical problems.

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:01 PM
its even more funny when they introduce the word 'openent'

:D :lol: :lol: you spelt it wrong it's 'oppenent' :p

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:04 PM
:D :lol: :lol: you spelt it wrong it's 'oppenent' :p

my grammar is appalling:p :lol:

Dan23
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Sharapova. The whimpering aside, she has at times resorted to smashing and hitting tennis balls at her opponents when she is losing. Don't believe me? Watch the AO 2007 final, and witness her vicious assault on Serena Williams, who might i add, was on her comeback from a string of injuries and physical problems.
:lol: :crying2:
How did Serena possibly continue the match after such a vicious assault?

Marshmallow
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM

She's a tough woman. My absolute credit to her for standing up to that kind of bullish behaviour.

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM

tad melodramatic wasnt it?:lol:

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
my grammar is appalling:p :lol:

i know!!!! sort it out

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
i know!!!! sort it out

bothered!:lol:

Mina Vagante
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:12 PM
bothered!:lol:

you really should be, i'm bothered for you :p

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:12 PM
you really should be, i'm bothered for you :p

Dan23
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM
She's a tough woman. My absolute credit to her for standing up to that kind of bullish behaviour.Oh yeah such assaults can be deadly....im sure Serena's never hit an opponent with a shot before....that would be appalling.

tad melodramatic wasnt it?:lol:maybe slightly ;)
...but that sure is rare from Marshy :unsure: :spit:

Marshmallow
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Oh yeah such assaults can be deadly....im sure Serena's never hit an opponent with a shot before....that would be appalling.

Well I have yet to witness any other player display such intentional, tactless, abusive behaviour in recent times. I can only deal with the present not all past cases. :)

lecciones
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Do people here actually know how martina hingis lost the championship in RG99? I think that was more of a frustrated loser than a bad loser. Bad losers are players who lose 61 61 and only say that they didn't perform their best yada yada when in fact their opponent was obviously just playing great tennis.

and I like this post:

I agree with what was said about the Williamses, I rarely rarely hear them say that the opponent just played great when they lose, its always about them, them being not 100% or what, can't they just admit they aren't super human? I just know there will be a gang of Williams fans commenting on this.

And about Martina she is the most honest player out there and always says what she means even in defeat she will tell you what she thinks (when she was young) and now more diplomatically but she was never a bad loser, just always a frustrated loser because like she said, she never likes losing.

And the funny thing is Hingis is never included in this type of defense/argument when it comes to RG99.

Chrissie-fan
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:49 PM
martina's 99 roland garros is probably the ultimate example of lousy sportsmanship.
Not really. Hingis going over to Graf's half of the court to point at the mark where she thought the ball had landed? Navratilova did the same thing against Evert and nobody made a big deal about it. The underhand serve? Michael Chang did the same thing against Lendl and was applauded for it. Besides, it's a perfectly legal shot. The thing that made it all look worse than it really was - was the response of the pro-Steffi crowd who reacted as though Hingis had thrown a mudpie in Graf's face and Marti's emotional reaction after the match, the crying in the arms of her mum and such.

alextim
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:58 PM
petrova ... perhaps vaidisova too

iPatty
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM
myskina. :tape:

remember in 2005 in charleston, after she lost to vaidisova?

"all she has is a good serve. nothing else. she has no potential."

...or something like that. maybe someone can find the article.

Pureracket
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Love it when my player is considered a bad loser.

LDF
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
;10480678']myskina. :tape:

remember in 2005 in charleston, after she lost to vaidisova?

"all she has is a good serve. nothing else. she has no potential."

...or something like that. maybe someone can find the article.

This is what she said:

"That wasn’t even a big match. The serve-and-volley was nothing today. It’s just my mistakes and, well, she served pretty well. That’s the only one thing she can do."

:o

iPatty
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=161351&highlight=myskina

"With this bad game I had today, it still went to a third set and I think that's pretty amazing," she said.

"We had no rallies, it was just me making all the mistakes. She served pretty well but that's all she's got."

nastya. :D

hingisGOAT
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Venus EASILY. She is the most whining, excuse-making player in her press conferences... very prideful and ignorant for someone who hasn't been anywhere near the top of the game for years.

John.
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Venus EASILY. She is the most whining, excuse-making player in her press conferences... very prideful and ignorant for someone who hasn't been anywhere near the top of the game for years.

VishaalMaria
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:18 PM

I think you should look at your favourite FIRST, then comment on Venus.

hingisGOAT
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I think you should look at your favourite FIRST, then comment on Venus.

Hingis hasn't made one sour comment or had one bad handshake after a loss in almost 8 years :yawn: :weirdo:

The Daviator
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Hingis hasn't made one sour comment or had one bad handshake after a loss in almost 8 years :yawn: :weirdo:

:p

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8069/2204wm9.jpg

Sexysova
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
NICOLE :sad: :sad: :sad:

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:37 PM
sour losers are namely:hingis 99,dementieva miami 2004 and semi usa 2005.
jankovic semis usa 2006,capriati always a sore loser.momo wimbledon semi 2004,petrova is the biggest sore thump.

What's your problem?! Pierce was a total b*** on that match taking a 12 minute break just to disrupt Elena. Pierce knew Elena was on cruise control to wack her of the court so since she couldn't do it on court she relied on bad sportsmanship...

hingisGOAT
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:38 PM

What was so bad about this? Hingis smiled and shook her hand.

The Daviator
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:41 PM
What was so bad about this? Hingis smiled and shook her hand.

I know, but I thought you'd enjoy a pic of Venus beating Martina in her first tournament in months, and with an injury :tape: :wavey:

VishaalMaria
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I know, but I thought you'd enjoy a pic of Venus beating Martina in her first tournament in months, and with an injury :tape: :wavey:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lecciones
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Better show the whole clip rather than take a snapshot where you can actually select a frame, whats up with that Daviator? Thats being unfair and if you watched the match Martina accepted the defeat and for any player you dont have to act so happy after a defeat, a smile after/during having eye contact and then a handshake is the norm. Would you expect her to be smiling so happily throughout the time she went to the net and shook Venus' hand?

Please be realistic with what your posting here Daviator your posts recently have all been to put Martina in a bad light and not only in this thread, it would be fine if what you said against her were absolutely convincing.

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM

Yeah right, Venus got herself served as well the following week by Hingis so hey no hard feelings...;)

The Daviator
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Better show the whole clip rather than take a snapshot where you can actually select a frame, whats up with that Daviator? Thats being unfair and if you watched the match Martina accepted the defeat and for any player you dont have to act so happy after a defeat, a smile after/during having eye contact and then a handshake is the norm. Would you expect her to be smiling so happily throughout the time she went to the net and shook Venus' hand?

Please be realistic with what your posting here Daviator your posts recently have all been to put Martina in a bad light and not only in this thread, it would be fine if what you said against her were absolutely convincing.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with not giving a warm handshake, but to say that she has never given a bad handshake in 8 years is obviously a lie...

I like Hingis fine, she's not one of my favourites, but I've got nothing against her :p

VishaalMaria
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah right, Venus got herself served as well the following week by Hingis so hey no hard feelings...;)

And it had to go to three sets, with a 0-6 bagel to beat her! WOW! Impressive.:tape:

hingisGOAT
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:53 PM

And Hingis' first clay tournament in 4 years? :haha:

I guess you'll enjoy these pictures of Hingis' dismissal of Venus just a few weeks later in the semifinals of Rome:

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/0520/ten_a_hingis_195.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/0520/ten_g_hingis_275.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41667000/jpg/_41667660_hingis2_ap_270.jpg

Consequently, after being away for three years, Hingis is able to raise a Tier I trophy:

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060521/hingis_47843.jpg

The sad thing is, I couldn't even find a picture of Venus from this loss. I guess the photographers just didn't care about her ass LMAO

DavidEllul
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Have to admit that Venus usually is quite decent after losing :) even though i don't really like her.

VishaalMaria
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:58 PM

I guess you'll enjoy these pictures of Hingis' dismissal of Venus just a few weeks later in the semifinals of Rome:

Consequently, after being away for three years, Hingis is able to raise a Tier I trophy:

The sad thing is, I couldn't even find a picture of Venus from this loss. I guess the photographers just didn't care about her ass LMAO

This is a thread for sore losers. Not a Venus V Martina thread. But if you do want to play that game, when's the last time Martina won a slam?

plantman
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:04 PM

OMG! That's the worst picture of poor sportsmanship I've ever seen.......NOT!
Perhaps the sun was in her eyes!!!

The Daviator
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM
OMG! That's the worst picture of poor sportsmanship I've ever seen.......NOT!
Perhaps the sun was in her eyes!!!

Who said it was :lol:

plantman
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:09 PM

So what was your point in posting such an innocent picture?:confused:

The Daviator
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:35 PM
So what was your point in posting such an innocent picture?:confused:

That she gave a bad handshake, not a major deal :lol:

LCS
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:39 PM
And it had to go to three sets, with a 0-6 bagel to beat her! WOW! Impressive.:tape:

A win is a win! Enough said!

Slutiana
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:48 PM

How Bitchy...:mad: :fiery:

plantman
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:50 PM
That she gave a bad handshake, not a major deal :lol:

WOW!
You can actually see a bad handshake in this picture?:lol: :lol:

The Dawntreader
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM

The drama and controversy you create Dav:lol:

samn
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Hana Mandlikova and Pam Shriver. I couldn't believe it when Pam went off on Tracy Austin after a loss and cursed her completely out at net (and as I recall, refused to shake her hand)! LOL She had to pay a WTA fine over it and she was on the board!

Hana was quite the character, though. After being beaten for the umpteenth time by Chris Evert in the 1983 French quarters, Mandlikova had the temerity to say, "I think I'm a much better player than Chris. If I'm in good shape I beat her two and two."

But: you gotta love someone who had the poor taste to give a linesman the finger when she didn't agree with his calls. It's rude and boorish behaviour, but tennis needs some jerks so that we can appreciate the well-behaved ones even more. ;)

Bruno71
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Because they usually lose that way. I can only think of ONE match where a williams sister got outplayed.

This is EXACTLY why I think Serena is a bad loser. It's NEVER about being outplayed...she can only lose if she screws herself over. It's a bogus, unsportsmanlike lie that the most gullible of her fans buy hook line & sinker. I'm not sure if Venus is the same way, there've been so many losses in the last few years I can't keep track of her anymore.

Njay16
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:13 PM
This is EXACTLY why I think Serena is a bad loser. It's NEVER about being outplayed...she can only lose if she screws herself over. It's a bogus, unsportsmanlike lie that the most gullible of her fans buy hook line & sinker. I'm not sure if Venus is the same way, there've been so many losses in the last few years I can't keep track of her anymore.

She is a bad loser because she is never outplayed?:confused:

Bruno71
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:14 PM
She is a bad loser because she is never outplayed?:confused:

I said it's a lie that Serena's never outplayed, perpetrated by herself and her blindest of fans.

The Daviator
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:36 PM
WOW!
You can actually see a bad handshake in this picture?:lol: :lol:

Yes, that is what they're doing :lol:

TeamUSA#1
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:05 PM

Who are yours?

What a lame thread..... no offense to you though.....

But come one, who is 100% great and the picture of cheeriness and sportsmanship after losing.... Sure some are better at at it than others, but no one is perfect in this situation....

Beyond that, I think the worst behavior after a loss is when the player who has lost start dis-crediting the player that has won. The 2 players you list above, I cannot recall saying shit about someone they lost to after the match was over. Admittanly, I didn't see a lot of Graf when she was playing, but for Capriati I have followed since 1990, and she was never bad towards the opponents she lost to.

Schnyderfreak
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hingis.

Damm right you are!! She loved to smash her racket in those days even if only a point was lost!! That was the reason I disliked her !!

Chrissie-fan
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Damm right you are!! She loved to smash her racket in those days even if only a point was lost!! That was the reason I disliked her !!
If she would have smashed her opponent's racquets I could see the problem, but she always smashed her own. :cool:

CanIGetAWhat
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:42 PM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9548/zurichfin2nd1.jpg

Zurich '99 :tape:

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3984/0010ir7ze.jpg

USO 2000 :tape:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/1999/french_open/news/1999/06/05/hingis_graf/lg_hingis_ap_02.jpghttp://hingis.agava.ru/pics/1999/12/fo16.jpghttp://hingis.agava.ru/pics/1999/12/fo21.jpg

French Open '99 :tape:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g74/tennispics_2006/patty-conchita.jpg

Charleston :tape:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5589/pic50222044cw6vn.jpg

Dechy and Myskina :tape:

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/07/02/80wimb3_gallery__550x365.jpg

Maria after losing to Venus at Wimbledon :tape:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/2734/46844op.jpg

Miami 04 :tape:

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/l1997299.jpg

Svetlana Kuznetsova and Na Li :tape:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1152/1mhpic109mz.jpg

A rare picture of Steffi and a young Martina.

rhz
Apr 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Martina and Patty! What's up with the Swiss???

meyerpl
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I agree with this, although I'm sure it isn't easy for her, she always shows grace on-court after a loss. (Her comments to the media later are sometimes another matter.) I admire players, like Serena, who exhibit good sportsmanship toward their opponent after losing because I'm sure it's killing them inside.

Vince Lombardi said, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

He undoubtedly meant athletes who don't mind losing and take it in stride. A truly competitive athlete hates losing with a passion.

all_slam_andre
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Is it just me or does Vaidisova give the quickest handshakes at the net after her matches? They last for about a split second and involve the faintest amount of contact with her opponents hand.

The Daviator
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:54 PM

Damn, Elena :lol: :tape:

Chrissie-fan
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Vince Lombardi said, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

He undoubtedly meant athletes who don't mind losing and take it in stride. A truly competitive athlete hates losing with a passion.
:yeah:

Sally Struthers
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:04 PM
as the saying goes: show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser :lol:

miss_molik
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I'm going to say Zvonareva, but only for Sydney 1st round 2007 against sammy. The crowd was wild for sam and it really affected Vera. She walked off mumbling to herself and making all these hand gestures at the crowd, she was so sour.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Sharapova....she looks, acts and talks like a bad loser....I think that statement means someone who doesn't care but I could be wrong...someone who just is like..."whatever".....but MaSha doesn't even fake smile....she barely touches peoples hands and just breaks down in tears for the most part when in the Press Conference....

And how can Serena be a bad loser?? after losing to Maria...not even a well known person but an unknown up and comer...in the Wimbledon final going for 3 in a row she went over to the other side and hugged...not a handshake....but a hug...hugged MaSha and laughed and what's not during the presentation.....and when she says she loses because she played poorly...isn't it true?? :unsure: I don't remember anyone beating her...if she loses easily she loses by errors not someone blasting her off the court..so she's right then...:D:D

The_Pov
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:37 PM
[I][B]Sharapova....she looks, acts and talks like a bad loser....I think that statement means someone who doesn't care but I could be wrong...someone who just is like..."whatever".....but MaSha doesn't even fake smile....she barely touches peoples hands and just breaks down in tears for the most part when in the Press Conference....

Did you watch her speech after the AO final?

And I'd love to see press conference where she broke down in tears.

And it's Masha!

Nicolás89
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Sharapova....she looks, acts and talks like a bad loser....I think that statement means someone who doesn't care but I could be wrong...someone who just is like..."whatever".....but MaSha doesn't even fake smile....she barely touches peoples hands and just breaks down in tears for the most part when in the Press Conference....

she looks colder when she wins, when she loses i always see her with a no-tits smile, like this :)

And how can Serena be a bad loser?? after losing to Maria...not even a well known person but an unknown up and comer...in the Wimbledon final going for 3 in a row she went over to the other side and hugged...not a handshake....but a hug...hugged MaSha and laughed and what's not during the presentation.....and when she says she loses because she played poorly...isn't it true?? :unsure: I don't remember anyone beating her...if she loses easily she loses by errors not someone blasting her off the court..so she's right then...:D:D

well thats a single match :shrug:, uso 04 quarter was a single match too :p

jenny161185
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:41 PM
there all bad losers! or should be - its only about whos the better actress at the net ;)

meyerpl
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:44 PM
.....and when she says she loses because she played poorly...isn't it true?? :unsure: I don't remember anyone beating her...if she loses easily she loses by errors not someone blasting her off the court..so she's right then...:D:D

If the roast was tough at a dinner party and you said so during the meal, wouldn't it be true?

I agree that Serena is always a graceful loser....on-court. She's as good as they get, going above and beyond to congratulate her opponent. As for her frequent post-match comments about playing poorly after a loss, while often true, those remarks are unnecessary and constitute poor sportsmanship. They serve no purpose other than to denigrate her opponent's performance.

After losing the final match in Miami (and playing poorly compared with earlier matches in the tournament), Cannas took the microphone and stated, "Today, I played my best." It wasn't true, but he honored his opponent's effort and showed class. I was hoping Serena was watching.....and learning.

darrinbaker00
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:50 PM
AMEN! You show me a player who's always gracious in defeat, and I'll show you a player who doesn't mind losing. You can keep players like that.

Martie
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:14 AM

Damn, Elena :lol: :tape:

:tape: :tape: :lol: :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:52 AM
If the roast was tough at a dinner party and you said so during the meal, wouldn't it be true?

I agree that Serena is always a graceful loser....on-court. She's as good as they get, going above and beyond to congratulate her opponent. As for her frequent post-match comments about playing poorly after a loss, while often true, those remarks are unnecessary and constitute poor sportsmanship. They serve no purpose other than to denigrate her opponent's performance.

After losing the final match in Miami (and playing poorly compared with earlier matches in the tournament), Cannas took the microphone and stated, "Today, I played my best." It wasn't true, but he honored his opponent's effort and showed class. I was hoping Serena was watching.....and learning.

so she should lie to be a better loser?? :unsure: and MaSha did break down and cry after the wimby 2005 loss

meyerpl
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:13 AM
so she should lie to be a better loser?? :unsure: and MaSha did break down and cry after the wimby 2005 loss
It's should never be a lie for a player to say she played the best tennis she could on any given day, I assume that Serena gives 100% every time she plays. If not, some things are best left unsaid.

Zweli
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:23 AM

BIG LIAR:devil:

lecciones
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:16 AM
It's should never be a lie for a player to say she played the best tennis she could on any given day, I assume that Serena gives 100% every time she plays. If not, some things are best left unsaid.

Or if you want to be seen as a good loser you can compliment your opponent, without having to add that you played terribly. (You can say you made some mistakes here and there but to say flat out it was all about you why you lost well then the scoreline should be 60-61 or something to that effect).

hwanmig
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Mauresmo YEC 2004 after the semifinal she didn´t even stop at the net she just shaked Serena´s hand and kept walking to her chair :rolleyes:
Serena was like :confused: and then whatever :lol:

Dementieva is sometimes also a bad loser.

Capriati what stands out with her is the way she would for example kiss Serena when she beat her but had only a cold handshake when she lost to her.

:lol: at the ones that named Venus she´s one of the classiest players in defeat very gracious. A lot of players could take a lesson from her in losing with grace.

You call Amelie a bad loser because of that. So what if she didnt stop, she did shake her hand right. Plus she always gives credit to her opponent which I cannot say the same for the Williams twins.

Venus is of course the source of one of the most sour grape comment in WTA history.

VENUS WILLIAMS: Uhm, well, I think I was playing decent, you know. And she started playing like really bad, and it totally threw me off. She started hitting, like, these really weird shots and short balls and, like, just weird stuff. Just like it threw my game off. Next thing I knew, I was playing as bad as she was, and she was able to recover, it seemed like; I just wasn't. I guess maybe it was a good strategy.

all_slam_andre
Apr 10th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I do like Venus, but after a defeat she rarely praises her opponent in her interviews. She always bleats on and on about how terrible she was. Sure there is nothing wrong with that, but how hard is it to say that your opponent just played better on the day? Venus has lost quite a lot of matches in the last few years, so it is pretty obvious that her opponent's high standard of play is making her play badly in at least some of those matches.
I will defend Serena though. She hates losing (as any professional athlete should do) but there are many, many times that I have heard her compliment and praise her opponent after a defeat (i.e. the Wimbledon and Los Angeles finals in 2004)

lecciones
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:20 AM
VENUS WILLIAMS: Uhm, well, I think I was playing decent, you know. And she started playing like really bad, and it totally threw me off. She started hitting, like, these really weird shots and short balls and, like, just weird stuff. Just like it threw my game off. Next thing I knew, I was playing as bad as she was, and she was able to recover, it seemed like; I just wasn't. I guess maybe it was a good strategy.

Now that is bad sportmanship. Saying the opponent played bad as a good strategy for her to lose? It's such an oxymoron and I just don't know how to explain it.

The Dawntreader
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Now that is bad sportmanship. Saying the opponent played bad as a good strategy for her to lose? It's such an oxymoron and I just don't know how to explain it.

I thought that comment was hillarious:lol:

LDF
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I thought that comment was hillarious:lol:

I did too :spit:

But still, it wasn't good sportsmanship at all. :shrug:

The Dawntreader
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I did too :spit:

But still, it wasn't particularly sporting. :shrug:

Venus sure puts the boot in......

Marcus1979
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:56 AM
what if Say a player makes 50 errors in a match and they talk up the player they lost to on how brilliant they played. Even thought its obvious the player with 50 errors lost the match do you mean that player would not receive any flack for that?

LethalLindsay
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I disagree with Serena these days.....she used to be bad but has become quite gracious as she has aged....Venus on the other hand has ALWAYS been a poor sport........she constantly says things like "Oh I played at like 10% today and she got lucky etc etc".....examples 2004 BOTW Final against Lindsay and 2005 BOTW Final against Kimmy.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:52 PM
should venus have complimented Pironkova in that match last year when she made 72 UFE??? if I played like crap I sure wasn't going to go running my mouth off about how good the other person played...I'd rather tell the truth than lie just to be seen as sportsmanlike...what's wrong with saying "yea I played like crap, she didn't have to do much because I couldn't even put the ball in the court, kudos to her for closing it out but it more than likely wouldn't have got to that point if I hadn't been playing like crap"...

Wayn77
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Myskina (the mood-swing queen) :hearts: :lol:

Schnyderfreak
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:14 PM
If she would have smashed her opponent's racquets I could see the problem, but she always smashed her own. :cool:

Yess?? what's so cool about that?? Being one the best if not the best in that era and showing so little respect to the game and soo much poor sportmanship.
off course she is a winner and you don't have to be overly gracious in defeat but I see those things as an example of how not to behave!!:(

meyerpl
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Again, some things are better left unsaid. If you played like crap and lost to a lower ranked opponent who didn't do anything special to beat you, you don't need to lavish praise on your opponent. How about a simple congratulations, let your opponent have her moment and leave it at that? When a player loses and then makes it all about her and how poorly she played, it not only insults her opponent, it makes her look like a narcissistic sore-head. It's not a crime, many players do it, but it's better to take the high-road; show a little class and respect for your opponent.
You don't need to "lie", just use a little tact and diplomacy.

:inlove:
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Myskina (the mood-swing queen) :hearts: :lol:

That was so my avatar. :fiery:

Beny
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Well, Lena at this tourney,after beating Venus in three...63,57,76 I guess, accused Venus of cheating...she said sth like this...''After she took the medical time out at 5-5, she was moving much better than before''..Lena thought Venus had made up the injury.
So after accusing Serena`s sister of cheating and then losing to her 1-6,1-6, Lena didn`t feel like talking to Serena at the net..just shake and quickly to her bench..not look at Serena at all...

Lena had some very cold handshakes with Mary..after a victory or a loss, lena just shook her hand for a half a second and didn`t look at her either. Mary was quite kind after both loss (FC final) and a win YEC 05. Lena was really cold at these two...but I guess she still hadn`t forgiven her that 12-minute medical time out..at USO 05
But I don`t think lena is a bad loser..

What really surprised me is what nastya had said about Nicole..(a few pages ago..read;) )..I think Nicole has much more than just a serve..it`s really poor from Nastya not to be able to appreciate someone`s qualities...I know that after a loss it is not easy but she didn`t have to say that...
+Nastya in that pic with Dechy AO...that is sooo cold...:o

Patty is sometimes a very bad loser. I saw her once on TV after she lost to Justine in three tough sets..I don`t know what the match was like but Patty was furious after the loss..when she was leaving the court she threw or hit something...I don`t remember it that well..the match is an old one and it were just a few seconds in sports news..but I`ve never seen Patty as annoyed as then..
btw. i didn`t see the match against Conchita but the fact that she refused to shake hands with her is enough :p

I think martina Hingis is one of the worst losers..RG 99..that is so rare to see
Petrova is a bad loser,too...

KBdoubleu
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Hingis should have every right to be mad after this loss...Venus was coming back after injury and was cramping badly in the third set, not to mention that Hingis led 6-4 3-0.

Highlights of that match:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://sjc-static1.sjc.youtube.com/vi/Iq9Zg9DhTKc/2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D3eQn60hPSMU&h=97&w=130&sz=4&hl=en&start=34&um=1&tbnid=wi8QnyCB1TUkBM:&tbnh=68&tbnw=91&prev=/images%3Fq%3DVenus%2BWilliams%2Bvs.%2BMartina%2BHi ngis%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D 1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLR%26sa%3DN

Craigy
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/24/xin_2701022414357003018023.jpg
A bit of tension? :tape: :lol:

Craigy
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM
http://en.epochtimes.com/news_images/2005-1-24-tennis.jpg
:haha:

stefi62
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I forgot Dechy!

tennisIlove09
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Irena Spirlea.

"She thinks she's the fucking Venus Williams"

whoa.

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:13 PM
What really surprised me is what nastya had said about Nicole..(a few pages ago..read;) )..I think Nicole has much more than just a serve..it`s really poor from Nastya not to be able to appreciate someone`s qualities...I know that after a loss it is not easy but she didn`t have to say that...
+Nastya in that pic with Dechy AO...that is sooo cold...:o

I'd say Myskina isn't gracious in defeat when she's losing to... let say... unheralded players. I mean I've never heard anything bad from her towards Serena, Venus, Justine, Kim, Amelie or Lindsay.
But I think when you're losing to someone who you're supposed to beat it's hard to praise your opponent, i.e. I can understand Myskina's feelings after Dechy's match when she committed 43 UE in 18 games played :tape:

Chrissie-fan
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yess?? what's so cool about that?? Being one the best if not the best in that era and showing so little respect to the game and soo much poor sportmanship.
off course she is a winner and you don't have to be overly gracious in defeat but I see those things as an example of how not to behave!!:(
Different players react differently to stress. You gotta give them some slack. They are not robots with a perfect behaviour chip in their brains. If a player in frustration smashes her racquet to the ground it's not the end of the world.

But my somewhat sarcastic response has more to do with the general nature of GM. Members hold players (especially those that they don't like) to the highest possible "moral" standards while they themselves post nasty comments about those players on a daily basis. Sorry, but I don't think we are in a position to point the finger at any of the players until we clean up our own act.

meyerpl
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:01 PM
;10480732']http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=161351&highlight=myskina

"With this bad game I had today, it still went to a third set and I think that's pretty amazing," she said.

"We had no rallies, it was just me making all the mistakes. She served pretty well but that's all she's got."

nastya. :D

Well......if Nastya said it it's alright. But nobody else!

ASP0315
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Serena- When she lost to henin at French open 2003. Plus i don't see give credit to some opponents when she loses.(she always blames UE's for loses.:lol: ). On the good note she did praise some opponents like Shahr Peer, Sania Mirza, etc.

Hantuchova- when she lost to serena in L.A

John.
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Serena- When she lost to henin at French open 2004. Plus i don't see give credit to some opponents when she loses.(she always blames UE's for loses.:lol: ). On the good note she did praise some opponents like Shahr Peer, Sania Mirza, etc.

That was 2003. Also, she had been booed by the crowd the entire match, and Juju's hand didn't go down to well.

ASP0315
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:31 PM
That was 2003. Also, she had been booed by the crowd the entire match, and Juju's hand didn't go down to well.

That doesn't excuse Serena's actions. I'm sure you followed James Blakes matches at USO last year. His opponents never lost thier cool when J=-block is distracting them. It happens in Davis Cup and Fed cup all the time Proffesional should know how to deal with that. When you play at home the crowd will obiviously cheer for you and irratate the opponents and when you play away ties local guy will cheered loudly.

Craigy
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Serena- When she lost to henin at French open 2003. Plus i don't see give credit to some opponents when she loses.(she always blames UE's for loses.:lol: ). On the good note she did praise some opponents like Shahr Peer, Sania Mirza, etc.

Obviously a Serena hater.

John.
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:36 PM
That doesn't excuse Serena's actions. I'm sure you followed James Blakes matches at USO last year. His opponents never lost thier cool when J=-block is distracting them. It happens in Davis Cup and Fed cup all the time Proffesional should know how to deal with that. When you play at home the crowd will obiviously cheer for you and irratate the opponents and when you play away ties local guy will cheered loudly.

A Davis cup tie and a GS SF are 2 different things.

The crowd at RG where horrible that day. I would like to see any player not running off the court after that. And the fact that Juju raised her hand and denied it, riled Serena, hence the cold handshake at the end.

Nicolás89
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
always saying the truth is alright but at least admit that the other player played better than you :rolleyes: :wavey:

ASP0315
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:28 AM
A Davis cup tie and a GS SF are 2 different things.

First of all WTF are you talking about.? They equally same. Fed is playing your country and as a team.(Just like World Cup.) and GS is playing for your personal achievement.(ranking points etc.

i'm talking about proffesionalism here. Serena was unproffesional that day. period. Whatever damn excuse you make admit it that Henin was better that day. Just because Henin outplayed your favorite,you don't have to make up excuses.
US Open crowd were terrible when james blake played Roger Federer. But Roger handled them very well and also didn't accuse his opponent of robbing him.

You aren't really a proffesional player if you can't deal the crowd.

Anyway i don't care about Serena's attitude on or off court. I respect her as a player. But she should start learning show the same respect to her opponents.

John.
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:43 AM
First of all WTF are you talking about.? They equally same. Fed is playing your country and as a team.(Just like World Cup.) and GS is playing for your personal achievement.(ranking points etc.

i'm talking about proffesionalism here. Serena was unproffesional that day. period. Whatever damn excuse you make admit it that Henin was better that day. Just because Henin outplayed your favorite,you don't have to make up excuses.
US Open crowd were terrible when james blake played Roger Federer. But Roger handled them very well and also didn't accuse his opponent of robbing him.

You aren't really a proffesional player if you can't deal the crowd.

Anyway i don't care about Serena's attitude on or off court. I respect her as a player. But she should start learning show the same respect to her opponents.

I was talking about the crowd involvement. Davis Cup crowds tend to be rowdier than your average tennis crowd at a GS.

The French crowd were diabolical that day.

Henin played a good match. I don't deny it. But if Serena had done the hand thing, would Justine have acted any differently at the end than Serena did :shrug:

I'm not making excuses for Serena. I understand why she was pissed.