PDA

View Full Version : Venus get it together.

VishaalMaria
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Even though she lost her match against Golovin in such horrible style I still believe that she'll win a slam this year. People are so quick to write her off when she loses but when she wins they jump on the bandwagon again until her next lost. The same happened with Serena last year until she won the Australian Open but be sure of it, when Serena loses those some haters will rear their ugly heads and will hate hate hate. At least we can differentiate the real fans from the fakers. :)

Go Venus. ;)

hacberto
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
God Bless you.

I totally agree in everything you said
And yes, I think Venus will win a grandslam this year too

Nicolás89
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:24 PM
God Bless you.

I totally agry in everything you said
And yes, I think Venus will win a grandslam this year too

first agry? :lol:

second i wouldnt be surprised if she win wimbledon

Black Mamba.
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I think most of the criticism against Vee is very fair.

jazar
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:36 PM
venus winning a slam this year?

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

she is washed up.

Tennisaddict
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Yes, I also believe that Venus will win a slam this year.
Besides a lot of people are giving to much weight to her losses. She lost in the fourth round of Miami and in the quarterfinal of AI.
She was not playing well in those matches but she has played pretty well and is just going up and down. It's a matter of finding her consistency.

Once she does that she will be fine. People also have to stop comparing her to Serena. Venus' losses might look worse because of Serena's amazing succes but it's good to keep it in perspective which means just look at Venus' situation. She's not back that long and will find her stride. And when she does it will be even more satisfactory for us Venus fans. Just like Wimbledon 2005 was just the best acknowledgement and reward of Venus' effort and talent in her career IMO.

John.
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM
It's too early to write her off.

Hasn't anyone learned that from Wimbledon 05?

hacberto
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:40 PM
first agry? :lol:

second i wouldnt be surprised if she win wimbledon

Ohh my bad :lol:
Sorry but English is not my first language you know :p:

Paneru
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Even though she lost her match against Golovin in such horrible style I still believe that she'll win a slam this year. People are so quick to write her off when she loses but when she wins they jump on the bandwagon again until her next lost. The same happened with Serena last year until she won the Australian Open but be sure of it, when Serena loses those some haters will rear their ugly heads and will hate hate hate. At least we can differentiate the real fans from the fakers. :)

Go Venus. ;)

Funny you say that, because ever since
this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rcw-5ygIbg
her words about "support" or lack thereof chime.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Those that always support, will always.
Those that jump on and off, will always.
Those that love to be negative, will always.

Remember what Venus said during AI Interview,
she knew it would take time and patience. So,
she knows it all will come and til' then she'll continue
to put in the hard work she's been putting in all the long.

Venus has wonderful perspective and
all she does will pay off as they do.

I personally as a fan of her's am very greatfull! :cool:

She's relatively healthy with the wrist going good
(looks like the surgery worked), she's eager to play
(entering AI at the last minute was HUGE), and as I
said, she's working hard. So, I'm happy! :)

Everything will come to her in due time. :yeah:

V-MAC
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Is this thread directed at the doubting Venus fans or at wtaworld people in general? I have no doubt Vee will win more slams in her career but I think we, as Venus fans, are quite justified at the moment to be a lil annoyed at her poor play. It is all part of being a fan, doesn't mean you are suddenly writing someone off. Anyway, seeming that Tati has now won the title, it puts a slightly differant slant on Vee's quarter-final with her ;)

The Dawntreader
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Venus is serene and calm. she knows her best tennis is on the way, be it in her next tourny in Charleston or future tourny's such as RG or Wimbledon.

Venus is winning and she's healthy. Its only a matter of time;)

Have faith in the goddess, she knows her power:D

hacberto
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM

she is washed up.

You can say what you want and laught what you want.

Because you know what? I don't really care

Have a nice day...

:wavey:

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:54 PM
She seems more trim

jazar
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:56 PM
You can say what you want and laught what you want.

Have a nice day...

ok, i will say what i want and i will have a nice day

50Sense
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:03 PM
:yawn:

Yes, Venus won Wimbledon 2005. No one fails to acknowledge that. For two weeks almost two years ago, she was the best player in the world. She didn't do a whole lot before that, and hasn't done much since. You can't keep using that single tournament as the reason Venus will win another slam. Because the 10+ tournaments she's played since tell a different story.

Of course she has the natural ability to win another slam, but she simply is nowhere near the form necessary to win a major tournament. Instead of wanting her to win a slam, and potentially have a letdown, you should hope she returns to form and can play Top-10 tennis first.

treufreund
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Everyone plays bad matches, folks. No reason to start this kind of thread. :rolleyes:

santhuruu
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Venus will be in shape sooner or later, I think she just misses match rythm, she is fit, she is healthy, she needs more matches under her belt I think, and the last few tournaments she had been unlucky with the draw, except for the Amelia Island draw, but now the bad draw in Charleston, but I would not be surprised if she would be able to beat Serena in Charleston don't get me wrong. I think her hitting will be there during the UsOpen series hardcourt tournaments. Also like someone else mentioned on this thread, a lot of people wrote of Serena after the UsOpen of 2006 but stopped with that at this years Aussie Open. I said, well you guys you have to be realistic, I hope Serena will be back in top shape at this years UsOpen. And look what happened Serena got back very early and the things that will happen to her on the WTA TOUR can only be a bonus for me for sure, cause I expected her to be ready for the UsOpen. I think we shouldn't put Venus under pressure, she will be there, just enjoy while she is playing out there:);)

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I'm a Venus fan, so I always wish her well. If we're looking at how she's playing right here in the moment, there's work still to be accomplished. I don't know if she'll win a slam this year, but I see that she's at least playing tournaments and looking to improve. If she continues to do both, then the rest will take care of itself.

hacberto
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
ok, i will say what i want and i will have a nice day

I'm glad you will

hacberto
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Everyone plays bad matches, folks. No reason to start this kind of thread. :rolleyes:

Yes, I mean when a great tennis champion losses you know the world goes crazy so we have to get used to it. :D

starin
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Venus will be in shape sooner or later, I think she just misses match rythm, she is fit, she is healthy, she needs more matches under her belt I think, and the last few tournaments she had been unlucky with the draw, except for the Amelia Island draw, but now the bad draw in Charleston, but I would not be surprised if she would be able to beat Serena in Charleston don't get me wrong. I think her hitting will be there during the UsOpen series hardcourt tournaments. Also like someone else mentioned on this thread, a lot of people wrote of Serena after the UsOpen of 2006 but stopped with that at this years Aussie Open. I said, well you guys you have to be realistic, I hope Serena will be back in top shape at this years UsOpen. And look what happened Serena got back very early and the things that will happen to her on the WTA TOUR can only be a bonus for me for sure, cause I expected her to be ready for the UsOpen. I think we shouldn't put Venus under pressure, she will be there, just enjoy while she is playing out there:);)

:yeah: I'm just going to enjoy the fact that she's actually playing and stop being so upset when she plays like crap out there, cuz at least she's out there and not off the court injured for months at a time.

Tennisaddict
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:00 PM
:yawn:

Yes, Venus won Wimbledon 2005. No one fails to acknowledge that. For two weeks almost two years ago, she was the best player in the world. She didn't do a whole lot before that, and hasn't done much since. You can't keep using that single tournament as the reason Venus will win another slam. Because the 10+ tournaments she's played since tell a different story.

Of course she has the natural ability to win another slam, but she simply is nowhere near the form necessary to win a major tournament. Instead of wanting her to win a slam, and potentially have a letdown, you should hope she returns to form and can play Top-10 tennis first.

I do not want her to win a slam I believe she can win and will win a slam. She doesn´t need to be in the top 10 for that. Venus is for the first time in years healthy. The only thing she needs right now is a lot of matches to get into a good rythm and get consistency. She also needs to get her confidence back. If she does that she will be fine and her results will come.

DemWilliamsGulls
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM

she is washed up.

I bet you were one of the ones sayign that when she won wimbledon in 05. She will make you eat cheese (suck up) like she did everyone else. She just needs to pull herself together...when she's on there not a woman on the tour (including Serena) that cant beat her...i've said it once and I'll say it again..Venus and Serena are still the #1 and #2 players on the tour when they are on their game....