PDA

View Full Version : Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Brooks.
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:48 AM
why are Venus and Serena drawing each other so early in every single draw they both are in....it is just getting beyond ridiculous...from miami 05, wimbledon 05, us open05, miami07, charleston 07...it's like every time they both are in a tournament they draw each other

its really pissing me off and Serena better not lose to Venus or I am going to be freaking pissed.....

ok I feel better now:) :o

DutchieGirl
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:53 AM
5 tournaments that they actually played, and together. :eek: (joking). :shrug: It's just how the draws go. It'd help them more if they were seeded 1 & 2 though - or even top 4 - then they wouldn't have to meet until SF at least.

rjd1111
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:55 AM
why are Venus and Serena drawing each other so early in every single draw they both are in....it is just getting beyond ridiculous...from miami 05, wimbledon 05, us open05, miami07, charleston 07...it's like every time they both are in a tournament they draw each other

its really pissing me off and Serena better not lose to Venus or I am going to be freaking pissed.....

ok I feel better now:) :o

Randomly of course.

AJZ.
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:56 AM
And they only actually played twice of those four you mentionned :tape:

Things happen :shrug:

hingis-seles
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Don't you know the draws are rigged because all the officials in tennis are racist? Those bastards. That also explains all of Kim's catwalk draws. Now, Maria gets all the catwalk draws. Maybe because the cheating officials think Maria is the closest thing tennis has to a supermodel.

Haters!!!111!1 :mad: :fiery:

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Okay... seriously, another *separate thread* on this?

DutchieGirl
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Don't you know the draws are rigged because all the officials in tennis are racist? Those bastards. That also explains all of Kim's catwalk draws. Now, Maria gets all the catwalk draws. Maybe because the cheating officials think Maria is the closest thing tennis has to a supermodel.

breathe in-breathe out! :p

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:05 AM

I know! I'm like so sick of Hyperova. I mean... what the fuck has she done? Won 2 slams with luckyass draws. :shrug:

Brooks.
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:10 AM

ok

1. Im not saying anyone's racist
2. Im not suggesting that anything is rigged
3. I don't care what draws Sharapova or Clijsters get

I was just frustrated that my two favorites drew each other yet again early in a tournament..especially since I have tickets for the semis and final and I was hoping there would be a possibility that they might be able to play each other later on

oh and you're really not as funny as you think you are...

PatrickRyan
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:24 AM
They know it's not a real good chance they will meet in the finals, like they once did. So they want a all Williams match up, and they put them close in the draw to get it.

hingis-seles
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:30 AM

Leslie's retarded comment was the first thing I thought of when I entered this thread. :lol: You're old school so you know what I'm talking about. :p

I know! I'm like so sick of Hyperova. I mean... what the fuck has she done? Won 2 slams with luckyass draws. :shrug:

It's because she's the fucking Great White Hope that she gets catwalk draws. I mean, we all know that Ree was only 0.003% at Wimbledon '04 and Juju was 1.3% at the US Open last year (She didn't even 'Allez!' much!). :sad:

ok

1. Im not saying anyone's racist
2. Im not suggesting that anything is rigged
3. I don't care what draws Sharapova or Clijsters get

I was just frustrated that my two favorites drew each other yet again early in a tournament..especially since I have tickets for the semis and final and I was hoping there would be a possibility that they might be able to play each other later on

oh and you're really not as funny as you think you are...

Your thread title suggests you asked for opinions on the situation but now you claim you were just venting your frustration. Confused much? As for drawing each other early, on a serious note, could their respective rankings have anything to do with it? You'd have to be mentally retarded not to grasp that concept. This is a completely pointless thread.

PatrickRyan
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:41 AM
LOL being a moron is a genetic trait... C'mpn now... venus has a poo ranking... serena, considering her talent and results, does as well

so pacomexican my illiterate friend 1+1=2.... Stop the madness and conspiracy theory train right now ok? I mean right now... ya right now.......

Wow what a great first post! :wavey: :rolleyes:
And your post makes no sense of to what I stated in my post, maybe you should learn how to read a little bit better.

DutchieGirl
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Leslie's retarded comment was the first thing I thought of when I entered this thread. :lol: You're old school so you know what I'm talking about. :p

:lol: I know. :angel:

tennnisfannn
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:24 AM
because they are sisters, the match up stands out. But consider this, how many times did serena draw jen in the quarters, as early as their seeding allowed. How many times did Kim draw hingis in the quaters, not to mention petrova and maria, stosur and amelie, ana and amelie etc.

lecciones
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:35 AM

lol :P

Well two factors could be really important: their rank and the last tournaments they played. Serena and Venus play more events this year and their ranks go higher, they won't be meeting much anymore. Right now thats what happens when you haven't played much tournies for the past months and your ranking isn't high. Your chances of being drawn in the same quarter are very high.

-Sonic-
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Martina drew Sveta in the same quarter 4 times in 8 months, and maybe even more in draws where one of them lost early.

Also same quarter as Kim 4 times in same quarter in space of a year, with possibly more where one of them lost early.

She would have been unseeded or seeded low in lots of those.

Louis Cyphre
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:01 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Orion
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:11 AM
you know, it is frustrating, but that's the nature of the game. unless they get to 1 & 2 (or 3 & 4) they'll keep on meeting before the final

frontier
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:35 AM
at one time they were no8 and 9 they still played each other,its really weird.there definitely is beef between the williams and wta.

schorsch
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:39 AM
haha, maybe there could be a new rule if serena and venus play and one of them loses they automatically beat every other player and advance to the final... so you can go watch'em

DutchieGirl
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Martina drew Sveta in the same quarter 4 times in 8 months, and maybe even more in draws where one of them lost early.

Also same quarter as Kim 4 times in same quarter in space of a year, with possibly more where one of them lost early.

She would have been unseeded or seeded low in lots of those.

Misa and Dinara have drawn each other 2ce in the second and once in the 1st r in the space of about 1.5 months. :lol: