Julia Vakulenko UKR [WC] vs Katarina Srebotnik SLO [12]

Mara Santangelo ITA [16] vs Tamarine Tanasugarn THA
Ashley Harkleroad USA [WC] vs Laura Granville USA
Eva Birnerova CZE vs [Q/LL]
Jelena Janković SRB [2] has a BYE

rseto
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:09 AM
this is a very good draw for tati.

but it might be tough with the travel. and she'll have to play tuesday and straight through the week.

yukon145
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:46 AM
good luck Tati. its a good draw, but i hope she won't be tired.

.:sk:.
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:03 AM
The draw is OK. Hope Tati' break is long enough between her final today and her 1st round match

Oural56
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Very good draw, it could be a great week too

FrenchY52
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Too bad she hasn't a Bye. I hope she won't be too tired.. But the French FedCup team staff is with her right now so they're taking care of her..

Slutiana
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Very good draw, it could be a great week too

definatly

Zombielicious
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Let's hope she finds some time to rest up...

And darn it...I was a little suprised she didn't get a bye, but I think she'll do great without it. :worship:

Good luck tati!

Ballbasher
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Hope she gets a good Q and not Cibulkova or Dushevina,so she has a nice opening,if she plays there.

XCoco
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Decent draw ;) . It's a shame she doesn't get a bye after her win over Petrova. She needs to rest up.

Anyway, good luck Tatiana! :yeah: .

souam
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Good draw and hopefully she's in a momentum... She could do some damage again ;)

Ballbasher
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Of course she draws Cibulkova :help:

ZAK
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:40 PM
LOL I knew it! The one person I wanted her to avoid

Iceland
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:46 PM
It's always like that ! I don't think Tatiana will struggle against her, Kremer gave her a 6-1 so Tati won't be too much in difficulty. It will be still sad for Dominika.

I like this draw, I hope Tati will be healthy enough to win some more matches here. She needs some more points. Moreover, she certainly wants to prove herself she can play 2 events in a row so as to prepare the grand slams.

Good luck Tati, do what you can, it's true that you deserve a little bit of rest ! :)

FrenchY52
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:51 PM
There won't be any problem against Cibul' if she plays like in AI, but i'm not sure she'll be that motivated, so let's see !

selyoink
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:56 AM
It is a great draw. I wish she didn't get Cibulkova since I like her and wanted her to do well again this week. Oh well.

As long as Tati is motivated and full of energy she should go deep here as well. I will forgive her if she doesn't.

Apr 9th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Tatiana Golovin (FRA) vs. Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
Tatiana Golovin is a strong competitor on any surface, but particularly on green clay where she recently defeated Venus Williams in the quarterfinals at Amelia Island en route to capturing her first Sony Ericsson WTA Tour title besting defending champion Nadia Petrova on Sunday. She also has notched a 3rd round victory over Williams in the 2005 Family Circle Cup, and a victory over No. 7 seed Nadia Petrova in the quarterfinals that same year. Tatiana Golovin has earned nearly $1.5 million in career prize money, and is ready to make her mark against a strong player field in Charleston. She will face qualifier Dominika Cibulkova in her first round match at the Family Circle Cup. Tatiana will not be in action on Monday, but will appear in the LACOSTE Fashion Show (http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070330150358.html) on King Street in downtown Charleston on Monday night!

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070407212419.html

rseto
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:48 AM
i would rather see tati resting on monday night. :confused:

between the finals stuff in AI, the travel, and the lacoste event, i hope she'll be ready to play tennis on tuesday. at least we get a look at what she'll be wearing this upcoming year.

Ballbasher
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:16 AM
That's nice :D Hope she's ready on Tuesday!

rockwithme
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:40 PM
the only thing that causes mild concern is the possibility that tati might be tired. but she's looking fit and very in-form, and just oozing tons of confidence :)

given the field, this is yet another fantastic opportunity to make a good run...perhaps, nadia's "luck" rubbed off on tati during the handshake and kisses and she'll win back-to-back :p

Zombielicious
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Tati in a fashion show?! Shes going to be the star and the most beautiful of course. :rolleyes: (but I wish she would be resting too...but shes probally so excited and energetic about the win she probally thinks she can do it...*sigh*)

Good luck tati!

What if this could be another title shot?

But the people standing in the way are Vaidisova and Serena. Maybe a few others possibly, but to me these two are the biggest threat.

:shrug:

FrenchY52
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Omg Tati is everywhere right now !! I can't follow anymore.

Hopefully we'll have tons of pics !!

And Tati had more than a week off before AI, then she "only" played 5 matches in a row. Top5 players have to play much more so..

~Kiera~
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stadium (from 10.00hrs)
1. Ruano Pascual vs. Schiavone
2. Golovin vs. Cibulkova
3. Stosur vs. V.Williams
4. Vaidisova vs. Krajicek
5. Chan vs. S.Williams (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Li vs. Pratt

yukon145
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:20 PM
good luck Tati.

selyoink
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:08 AM
I hope Tati can make short work of Dominika. She has a good chance to go deep again this week but it will be a big help to win the first few matches quickly.

Zombielicious
Apr 10th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Kick some ass tommrow, Tati!

selyoink
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Kick some ass tommrow, Tati!

Well said my friend.

Zombielicious
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Well said my friend.

:hug:

rseto
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:24 AM
hope you're ready and try to make it a quick win, tati!

Oural56
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Allez Tati!!!

Iceland
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Good luck ! :)
Get some more points !

FrenchY52
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Nice schedule for me. Good luck ;)

FrenchY52
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Btw anything from Lacoste fashion show ?

Demska
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Tati is second on stadium court today.

She has a good draw. Patty probably in the 3rd, which shouldn't be too tough, and probably Dinara in the QF's, which judging by Tati's recent form, should be close but seeing Tati win

Apr 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Btw anything from Lacoste fashion show ?

:shrug: :help:

Zombielicious
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I wish we had some pics or video...but oh well.

G'luck tati!

FrenchY52
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Tati hardly won the first set 6-4..
And in the second set she has broken and is leading 2-1, but the scoreboard sucks :shrug:
C'mon Tat' !

Oural56
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:55 PM
It's logically difficult to start 2 days after a final

Zombielicious
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Tatiana won 6-4 6-1
:)

Apr 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
6-4 6-1 :bounce: but it was hard work especially in the first set. I think she really tired after her win in AI

Now rest a bit Tati:zzz:

FrenchY52
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
10-1 on American clay :drool:
Well done and good luck against Craybas (Tati's 1-0 against her. She defeated her on Red Clay in Rome in 2004 6-4 6-2)
Good luck Tat !

Oural56
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Good job Tati!:yeah:

Harju.
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:06 PM
The first match is always the trickiest. Glad Tati pulled it off. BP conversion was really bad. Serve stats were not that good either but she managed to have 3 aces! Good luck against Jill!

Zombielicious
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Good luck Tati!

XCoco
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Well done Tatiana :yeah: . The score sounds good to me, she didn't spend a lot during this match.

rseto
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:17 PM
that was a long 6-4 6-1 match. i'm wondering whether there was an injury timeout at 2-1 in the 2nd.

just happy tati survived her 1st match here.

Iceland
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM
She did what she has to do I would have prefered her to have a quick win, but it's not the right moment for complaints ;)
Good job, have some rest now ! :)

And yes, I hope Tati has no injuries, there was indeed a long break at 2-1.

A QF would be great here. Allez !:bounce:

MarineGoTati
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:30 PM
A QF would be great here. Allez !:bounce:

If she's not too tired i think she can reach the semis. She can beat Schnyder and Safina if she is in form like in Amelia Island.

Craigy
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Nice win for Tati! :)

Rod the Bama
Apr 10th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Good start to the tournament for Tati. :clap2:

yukon145
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM
nice job Tati, good luck in the second round.

selyoink
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Good win. Would have preferred a quicker match but must not be too picky.

Next match should be an easy win.

I think if she plays Patty it will be very tough though.

Zombielicious
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Nicole is officially out of the draw.

Tatiana has a big opportunity! :eek: :worship:

Iceland
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I think if she plays Patty it will be very tough though.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking too. Thus I will be cherering for Peng tomorrow ^^ even though the more top 20 players Tatiana defeats, the happier I am. Patty remains very tricky on clay and as Tati is tired, I fear that this will be too tough for her.

Nicole is officially out of the draw.

Tatiana has a big opportunity! :eek: :worship:

Don't forget Ivanovic or Zvonareva ! ;)

~Kiera~
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Althea Gibson (from 10.00hrs)
1. Peer vs. Zheng
2. Zvonareva vs. Tu
3. Golovin vs. Craybas
4. Harkleroad/Mattek vs. Dechy/Zvonareva
5. Safina/Srebotnik vs. Granville/Kostanic Tosic

~Kiera~
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.thestate.com/311/story/32272.html

Vaidisova bounced, Venus Williams, Golovin advance at Family Circle
By BRUCE SMITH - Associated Press Writer

CHARLESTON, S.C. --Top-seeded Nicole Vaidisova was upset Tuesday at the Family Circle Cup, falling to unseeded Michaella Krajicek 4-6, 6-4, 6-3.

It was the only the second time in her career that Vaidisova, ranked No. 8 in the world, had entered a tour event as a top seed. But both here and at Memphis last year she was eliminated in her first match.

"I didn't feel in any part of the match I played well," said Vaidisova, of the Czech Republic. "I wasn't really hung up on the fact I was the No. 1 seed, but of course I'm disappointed."

Vaidisova's loss leaves No. 9 Jelena Jankovic of Serbia as the highest-ranked player remaining at the Family Circle.

Krajicek, sister of 1996 Wimbledon men's champion Richard Krajicek, is ranked 54th.

Earlier, Venus Williams easily advanced, defeating Samantha Stosur 6-2, 6-2.

Williams, ranked No. 29, needed just over an hour to defeat the Australian on a chilly day.

"I feel really good," said Williams, playing in her fourth tournament after being sidelined earlier this year with a wrist injury. "I don't think of myself as an underdog. I just think of myself not being as highly ranked as I should be and that happens when you take time off."

Tatiana Golovin of France, who won her first tour title last week at Amelia Island, won 6-4, 6-1 victory over Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia.

Golovin, now ranked No. 19, is seeded 10th.

"I've never really played back-to-back tournaments after winning one," said Golovin, who added she has not had time to savor last week's win. She said she felt confident, but struggled because she was tired.

"You know what you can do and I'm playing well," said Golovin, who was treated for a blister on her toe during the match. "It's just a matter of how I'm going to be able to hold up physically."

Serena Williams, ranked No. 11 and seeded third, was to meet qualifier Chan Yung-Jan of Chinese Taipei in an evening match.

The Williams sisters could meet in the third round if they continue to advance.

In other matches, Francesca Schiavone of Italy advanced 6-2, 2-0 when Virginia Ruano Pascual of Spain retired with a back injury.

Virginie Razzano of France defeated Meghann Shaughnessy of the United States 6-3, 6-4; Katrinia Srebotnik of Slovakia defeated Julia Vakuleno of the Ukraine 1-6, 6-2, 6-4 and Gisela Dulko of Argentina beat Julia Schruff of Germany 1-6, 6-4, 6-4.

Sybille Bammer of Austria defeated Alicia Molik of Australia, 6-3, 6-1; Mara Santangelo of Italy beat Tamarine Tanasugarn of Thailand 7-5, 6-1; Elen Daniilidou of Greece defeated Romina Oprandi of Italy 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-4 and Anabel Medina Garrigues of Spain defeated Martina Muller of Germany, 6-3, 7-6 (4).

Zombielicious
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Ana...I'm not too worried about her. Tati beat her in AI (but....Tati was pretty much well rested and playing like a maniac then though...) and I feel confident that if she has to, she'll be her again.

I am definately worried about Vera. She leads Tati 2-0. :scared: But maybe Tati will be confident enough to beat her, who knows.

Tati has definately shown me how amazing she can be last week. ;)

Good luck tommarow Tati! :worship:

yukon145
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:15 PM
good luck tomorrow Tati.

get as much rest as you can.

the blister treatment probably came at the delay in the second set that everyone talked about.

wurzelman
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Well done Tati :hug: Good luck for the rest of the draw :yeah:

Craigy
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Well Tati, 100% support from me to win this tourney.
Serena is injured, once again. :sobbing:

selyoink
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Serena is now out of the tournament after retiring down 3-5. So some of the big guns in the tournament are falling.

I think Tati's biggest test will really be Schnyder who should really be able to frustrate Tati on clay. Plus if Tati is fatigued for that match, I have hard time seeing her beating Schnyder.

Zombielicious
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Well Tati, 100% support from me to win this tourney.
Serena is injured, once again. :sobbing:

SHUT UP. NO WAY. :eek: :sad:

Zombielicious
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:19 AM
This is good for Tatiana (but really...its not good...Serenaaaaaaaa!! :hysteric:) and it gives her some more chances to get deeper into the tournament.

Allez Tati!

(Get well soon Serena...:hug:)

rseto
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:28 AM
short interview with tati after today's match.

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070410212751.pdf

selyoink
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:49 AM
short interview with tati after today's match.

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070410212751.pdf

Thanks for the link.

Didn't you use to have a signature :scratch:

Magic07
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:59 AM
I think Tati can win easily her match against Craybas, if she continue to play like she did in last weeks, but I hope she will not be much tired. GO TATI :bounce:

Demska
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:38 AM
"World number 19 Tatiana Golovin, who defeated Nadia Petrova last week in the Amelia Island final, was hampered by a blister on her toe but still managed to beat Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia 6-4 6-1"

"My whole body is kind of giving up on me slowly, little by little," said the 19-year-old Moscow-born Frenchwoman. "But my trainer is here and he'll take good care of me and I'll be ready to go."

Craigy
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Uh oh.
Injury Galore - the WTA tour! :o

rseto
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the link.

Didn't you use to have a signature :scratch:

nah, never. :)

i guess it's good the blister is on her toe and not on her hand. :confused: hope tati can summon some extra energy since she is one of the favorites to win the tournament now. try to get a quick win today, tati!

Craigy
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:31 AM
nah, never. :)

i guess it's good the blister is on her toe and not on her hand. :confused: hope tati can summon some extra energy since she is one of the favorites to win the tournament now. try to get a quick win today, tati!

Hmmm its not really a good thing, she has been hampered by toe injuries before :sad:

FrenchY52
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:07 PM
It's ok if it's only a blister..
Hopefully she can win at least one more match.

Harju.
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Tatiana Golovin defeats Dominika Cibulkova
6-4, 6-1
First Round

AMY BINDER: Questions for Tatiana in English first.
Q. Hey, Tatiana. Coming out of last week's tournament and coming into this
tournament, how important was it for you to come out and do what you did today?
TATIANA GOLOVIN: It's like a first-time experience, you know, because this is my first tournament, so I've never really played back-to-back tournaments after winning one. I think definitely confidence wise and mentally wise I want to play. I'm really excited to be here. I have great memories from two years ago where I played well, so getting back on
that center court was an awesome feeling, but it just was, I think, a matter of how I'm going to be able to hold up physically because yesterday I was feeling all right, and this morning I woke up and it's so much work to kind of keep on moving and kind of get going. So hopefully I'll be better
every day and I'll be able to loosen up, but today was more of a struggle against me because it was so hard physically to move, and she was getting everything back and she's a great mover, and I'm really, really glad and proud of myself that I was able to handle the physical part of it.

Q. How is the toe and do you think that would bother you going forward?
TATIANA GOLOVIN: The what?

Q. Did you hurt your toe or have a blister today?
TATIANA GOLOVIN: Yeah, just my whole body is kind of giving up on me slowly, little by little, but my trainer is here and he'll take good care of me and I'll be ready to go tomorrow.

Q. What is that experience like coming off a win like that last week? Has
it been kind of exciting? Has it been distracting some way?
TATIANA GOLOVIN: It hasn't really sunk in yet because we left right after the tournament and we got here, and yesterday I had to rest to get ready to play today, so it's going by really fast, but really when I get back to France, I'll try to enjoy with my family and celebrate, but it's just your
confidence. You're out there on the court and you have no hesitations. You know what you can do and I'm playing well. It's just a matter of how I'm
going to be able to hold up physically and kind of be able to kind of get past that.

AMY BINDER: Thank you.

Harju.
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Golovin hoping fatigue will not ruin her dance

By PATRICK OBLEY - pobley@thestate.com

CHARLESTON — Tatiana Golovin is a ballroom dancing aficionado whose favorite movies are “Dirty Dancing” and “Grease.”
In that vein, “Dancing With The Stars” is something she would love to watch. Problem is, she has been too busy whipping her opponents to turn on the TV.
Fresh off her first tournament title at last week’s Bausch & Lomb Championships, Golovin routed Dominika Cibulkova 6-4, 6-1 in the first round of the Family Circle Cup on Tuesday.
“It’s like a first-time experience; I’ve never really played back-to-back tournaments after winning one,” she said. “I think (it’s) going to be a matter of how I’m going to be able to hold up physically.”
Golovin developed a blister on one of her toes late in the second set, which forced an injury timeout, and said she never was able to get comfortable. She chalked it up to not being able to take a break after winning on Sunday at Amelia Island, Fla.
It’s a new problem for her, and one she admits might break her physically.
“Yeah, just my whole body is kind of giving up on me slowly, little by little,” she said. “But it sure beats losing.
“It’s just your confidence. You’re out there on the court and you have no hesitations,” she said. “You know what you can do, and I’m playing well.”
When she returns home to France next week, regardless of what happens in Charleston, Golovin said her family will celebrate. She also will be brought up to speed on “Dancing” by her mother, who is a big fan of the show.
“I never really ever have time to watch it, but my mother does, and when we get together, we talk about it,” she said. “They really do more of the salsa than straight ballroom dancing. I really love the dresses, though. I definitely try to pattern mine after those.”

yukon145
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:51 PM
6-0, 6-1 over Craybas :drool:

Apr 11th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Yes, she had no problems in this match! No signs of her blister...:)

Zombielicious
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:03 PM
She was playing like a maniac and doing wonderfully.

Does anyone know who she'll play next?

Allez Tati!

I will now offically call Craybas....Jill "stole Tati's double bagel" Craybas...:mad:

FrenchY52
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Wow, great score !
I wanted a double bagel as she was leading 6-0 5-0, but i'm still very happy with this win. :D

FrenchY52
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Then she'll play Schnyder ou Pengy

Zombielicious
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
:scared:

Good luck Tati!

Craigy
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
She must have been playing flawless tennis :hearts:

Craigy
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:09 PM
This is a great draw. She is now confident that she can beat the top players, and the fact that she's beaten these two players before will be a great boost for Tati.

Iceland
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Glad she made it quick !!! :D The next match will be tougher. I will be a little bit worried if she had to play Schnyder. But she has the confidence with herself ! Allez Tati :)

Oural56
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Wow Tati! :worship:
I think she isn't very tired!!!

Fired
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Then she'll play Schnyder ou PengyHopefully ES will show it 2morrow! :bounce:

XCoco
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Another great match from her :cool: ...

Keep it up! :yeah: .

Zombielicious
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Hopefully ES will show it 2morrow! :bounce:

ESPN probally won't....:boxing:

selyoink
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Great job from Tati up until 6-0, 5-0. Then of course we had the typical choke. A double bagel was in her grasp and she let it slip away :lol:

In all seriousness that was a great performance. On and off the court in a hurry.

She saved precious energy which she will need for Schnyder tomorrow. May not need the energy so much if it is Peng.

yukon145
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM
glad it was a fast win so she can rest up.

i think the only thing holding Tati back from doing really well here is that she might be tired. hopefully she keeps playing well and isn't too worn out.

Rod the Bama
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Tati looked very impressive today. :) :clap2: Her play was near flawless. I think today`s win definitely sends a message that Tati is the favorite in Charleston. She needs to keep it going in her next match.

Magic07
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Good match Tati :worship:

Slutiana
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:48 PM
ESPN probally won't....:boxing:

they're more than likely to show vee's match but now shes not playing rena, they could still show tati..lets pray....im guessing there are no highlights 4 this match?

Ballbasher
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Tati :D

~Kiera~
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Santangelo vs. Jankovic
2. V.Williams vs. Chan (NB 1.00hrs)
3. Golovin vs. Peng or Schnyder
4. Molik/Santangelo vs. Dominguez/Krajicek
5. Zvonareva vs. Ivanovic (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Raymond/Stosur vs. Peng/Sun

Zombielicious
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:21 AM
they're more than likely to show vee's match but now shes not playing rena, they could still show tati..lets pray....im guessing there are no highlights 4 this match?

Exactly. I don't think it will be so big since its not vee/rena...so i'm really hoping they don't show it. And show the new champ of AI, TATI!!

but lets still pray...:tape:

selyoink
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:59 AM
ESPN is showing the Venus match since their coverage begins at 1. I doubt they will extend their coverage to show the Tati match even if the Venus match ends quickly.

selyoink
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Peng has just upset Schnyder in three sets. A break for Tati in my opinion. I think she should be able to beat Peng rather easily. Patty would've been tougher in my opinion.

I guess we will see tomorrow.

Craigy
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I can see Tati winning easily aswell :D

yukon145
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Peng did beat Tati on clay in 2005, but i hope Tati will beat her this time.

Craigy
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:32 AM
I don't think Peng is quite the same player anymore. And Tati is just getting better and better. Hope the body holds up though.

Zombielicious
Apr 12th, 2007, 03:24 AM
Good luck Tatiana! Kick her dayum ass. :p

(I don't wanna jinx it...BUT I SAID IT!!!!)

FrenchY52
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:47 AM
She will spend less energy against Peng. Tati'll have to make her moove much and i hope she can win in 2.. But with Tati i still can't be sure of anything.
Good luck !

rseto
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:47 AM
i'm actually a little worried about the match against peng. they've always had some close matches but it's good tati won against her earlier in the year in sydney.

go tati!

souam
Apr 12th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Wow! A bagel and a breadstick! :drool: Keep going like that against Peng Shuai! :rocker: And i hope this blister problem is over... :hug:

Allez Tati!

rockwithme
Apr 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Wow! A bagel and a breadstick! :drool: Keep going like that against Peng Shuai! :rocker: And i hope this blister problem is over... :hug:

Allez Tati!

yay!! tati's doing great :D
back-to-back titles is not stretching it at all considering the upsets and remaining field :bounce:

Zombielicious
Apr 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Good luck today Tati! Show no mercy...and all that good stuff.

HTE
Apr 12th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Impressive Tati, keep it up :)

selyoink
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Tati barely survived against Peng 6-2, 4-6, 6-3. I'm glad she fought for the win.

Unfortunately I have to think if she was already tired this match must have taken a lot out of her. Probably no chance she can the title now. Safina is a tough customer so Tati will have her work cut out.

Apr 12th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Tati won 6-2 4-6 6-3 in 2 hours:woohoo:

Oural56
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Tati won 6/2 4/6 6/3
It was not easy today but I'm very proud of you Tati!:)
Do your best tomorrow against Dinara :wavey:

Apr 12th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately I have to think if she was already tired this match must have taken a lot out of her. Probably no chance she can the title now. Safina is a tough customer so Tati will have her work cut out.

Yes, I think the same. She had to invest much energy to win this match! Vs. Safina it will be hard - but Tati: Don't worrie, your are our QUEEN OF GREEN CLAY;)

Zombielicious
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Tatiana! You are amazing! :hug:

I know she must be dead tired. But I still can't help but think "OMFG! She could make it to the final again!!!" but yes. Secretly, in the back of my mind, I kinda wish she would get beat so she could go home and rest for a while. :sad:

Tati, head to head, leads Dinara 3-1.

I think she can beat her, but shes tired. That will be a main factor of that match. Dinara isn't playing too well. Tatiana she use it to her advantage.

Go and rest tonight Tati!!!!

souam
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Boy was it hard and how tired must Tati be now but she came through anyway! :yeah:

Well done! :)

I was so pissed when i saw she had lost the 2nd though... :o So thank you for winning the third Tati!

Gosh so many BPs in the 2nd...

yukon145
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:41 PM
nice fight by Tati, i really thought she might tank after losing the second set, but im glad i was wrong.

hopefully she can beat Safina, too bad Tati isn't getting any days off inbetween matches.

orfeus
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:42 PM
wheeeeeeeeeeew....now please go to bed asap and have a good rest Tati!;)

if anyone's interested, here's a point-by-point walkthrough in excel:
http://s16.quicksharing.com/v/5384602/1walkthrough.xls.html

Apr 12th, 2007, 08:45 PM
wheeeeeeeeeeew....now please go to bed asap and have a good rest Tati!;)

if anyone's interested, here's a point-by-point walkthrough in excel:
http://s16.quicksharing.com/v/5384602/1walkthrough.xls.html

hehe, thanks:hug:

rseto
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Tati barely survived against Peng 6-2, 4-6, 6-3. I'm glad she fought for the win.

that was a good win over a tough opponent. actually i was more concerned about her 1st couple of matches with all the other stuff she was doing. now, she's just concentrating on this tournament and is back on a rhythm.

but this match was probably tiring. right now, i'm happy tati made it to the QF and anything more is icing on the cheesecake. ;)

selyoink
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Maybe Tati will get a night match tomorrow. That could help her regain some energy. I'm assuming Venus will have the 1 p.m. match once again. I just hope Tati doesn't have the morning match.

Rod the Bama
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Glad that Tati got the win today. It was a little too close for our comfort, but a win is a win. I really hope she gets plenty of rest before her next match against Safina tomorrow.

Demska
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Great performance sweetie. :hug: :kiss:

Was a very tight match that could have gone either way but I knew you would previal the winner. :dance:

Get a good rest ahead of tomorrows match agaisnt Dinara. I'll be rooting for you as always. :inlove:

Ballbasher
Apr 12th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Tati :hearts: She really needs a lot rest now hope she gets it. but I also like Shuai hope she gets to more T1 R3's soon and gains experience.

Slutiana
Apr 12th, 2007, 09:26 PM
that was a good win over a tough opponent. actually i was more concerned about her 1st couple of matches with all the other stuff she was doing. now, she's just concentrating on this tournament and is back on a rhythm.

but this match was probably tiring. right now, i'm happy tati made it to the QF and anything more is icing on the cheesecake. ;)

LOOOL...she might not be tired anyway...remember we thought she was tired after the ivanovic match and then she battered petrova..shes getting fitter and will be less tired after matches now...but she does need as much rest as possible...i hope its shown:)

Iceland
Apr 12th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I'm so happy to see her in QF again, that's an amazing job despite the tiredness. She seems so motivated ! Hopefully, people will stop calling her an inconsistant player now ;)

I guess she will be too tired to upset Safina but I think she still has a chance. But above all, I want her to stay healthy. I notice that she doesn't have any signs of injury on today's pictures :D

Good luck Tati and congrats !
If she beats Safina, she could be 17th.

wurzelman
Apr 12th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Good win Tati :) rest up so you can beat Safina :smash:

selyoink
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Tati will play the night match at 7 p.m. at the earliest. So that is good news for Tati.

Zombielicious
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Yes! :D

yukon145
Apr 13th, 2007, 01:15 AM
good luck in the quarters Tati.

selyoink
Apr 13th, 2007, 01:20 AM
It sucks that Tati will probably have to make the final for us US viewers to get to see her play again.

selyoink
Apr 13th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Tournament webpage has put up Tati's interview from today. Here is the link:

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070412175822.pdf

Zombielicious
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Golovin had what was perhaps the toughest test of all of Thursday's winners, taking out China's Peng Shuai, 62 46 63. Peng had taken out one of the Family Circle Cup's most successful players, Patty Schnyder, the round before.

"I should've won the second set; I made a couple of stupid errors, which I think is due to the wind and me not being 100 percent physically," said Golovin, who had dropped two of her three previous encounters against Peng. "I was not really moving that well but I was glad that mentally I was able to tough it out in the end, and that I stayed strong. I really went to get that match."

Golovin spoke on the dynamic created by ATP legend Michael Chang's presence; he came on court when Peng requested him, as per the on-court coaching rule.

"It felt awkward having Chang on the court. It's like you're playing Peng and Chang at the same time - it's kind of intimidating. But I knew either way it was going to be tough, whether it was going to be Patty or Peng."

its from Wtatour.com. Buts its pretty much the same thing from Selyoink's interview. :tape: :)

Harvs
Apr 13th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Tati really suprised me with her win last week. I think she will this title as well... would LOVE to see that!!!

marion127
Apr 13th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Tati really suprised me with her win last week. I think she will this title as well... would LOVE to see that!!!

I hope so !!!:)

Slutiana
Apr 13th, 2007, 08:20 AM
cant wait...i have a good feeling about this match.....

Neptune
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:12 PM
It will be late but I hope Tati will win this one in two sets as she begins to be very tired now.Allez Tati.:bounce:

Demska
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
It good news she has a night match. Good long sleeep. :yawn: :hug:

I really think Tati can win this.

If she gets past Dina, then she'll have to play Vera or Misa, who I think she can beat comfortably.

Then, she'll probably Venus or JJ, which I think too she can beat.

But we'll have to see!

HTE
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:30 PM
:yeah: well done

Zombielicious
Apr 13th, 2007, 03:29 PM
good luck tonight Tatiana! :D

FrenchY52
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:54 PM
It was a hard match and i hope she hasn't lost too much confidence and form.
Good luck tonight against Dinara. Don't know if i'll be courageous enough to follow the match at that crappy time :zzz:

XCoco
Apr 13th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Well done Tatiana! :yeah: . It was a good fight from her, I hope she rested up well a bit then. Good luck against Dinara :unsure: . Take your 9th win in a row ;) .

rockwithme
Apr 13th, 2007, 06:40 PM
i'm thinking this will be another 3 setter, for the same reason that i thought peng's would be a 3 setter.

but tati will edge it out...come on tats :D

Harju.
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I don't think she'd be as tired as you guys seemed to be worried about. Physically, I think she should be fine since it's one match per day and she's not playing double. It's just a matter of rhythm like what she's been saying this week and once she got past the first few rounds, she should be fine. IMO, the weather would be the factor. In Miami, I think it was pretty windy and she didn't deal with it that well.

Good luck against Dina. Should be a fun match to follow! ALLEZ!

Slutiana
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I don't think she'd be as tired as you guys seemed to be worried about. Physically, I think she should be fine since it's one match per day and she's not playing double. It's just a matter of rhythm like what she's been saying this week and once she got past the first few rounds, she should be fine. IMO, the weather would be the factor. In Miami, I think it was pretty windy and she didn't deal with it that well.

Good luck against Dina. Should be a fun match to follow! ALLEZ!

FUN!!i'll be grey by the time i go to bed!!!LOL

Craigy
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:26 PM
FUN!!i'll be grey by the time i go to bed!!!LOL

Same here. Although Im like that with every fave of mine.

Slutiana
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Same here. Although Im like that with every fave of mine.

lol same..tennis is a stressful game!

Craigy
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:13 PM
lol same..tennis is a stressful game!

Its worse when you're playing tournaments yourself :tape:

JS
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Come on Tati! :bounce:

Craigy
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:03 AM
:o I hate this tournament. My 2 big faves injured now.

selyoink
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:05 AM
I think Tati is just tired.

I would rather she took a bagel in the second set than quit :o

Craigy
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Personally I'd quit :o I hate being given bagels.

selyoink
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I hate quitting.

rseto
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:14 AM
hopefully, it's precautionary. i'm sure tati wants to be as fit as possible for fed cup.

Craigy
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:18 AM
I hate quitting.

Me too. I did it once and felt so bad. But I couldn't walk :(

yukon145
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM
i hope Tati isn't seriously injuried, and i also hope she just didn't quit. blisters would be ok with me. ;)

selyoink
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:22 AM
i hope Tati isn't seriously injuried, and i also hope she just didn't quit. blisters would be ok with me. ;)

Blisters would still be quitting in my opinion.

Just in case it isn't as obvious as I think it is:

I am really pissed at Tati if she retired because of exhaustion or blisters. Just take the beating like a man or woman.

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Me too. I did it once and felt so bad. But I couldn't walk :(

i've never quit a match...even if i broke my leg i'd find a way to play lol

Craigy
Im scared for the ankles :unsure:

Craigy

I thought the same. But when you're in that much pain that you can't walk there is obviously no point.

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:24 AM

I am really pissed at Tati if she retired because of exhaustion or blisters. Just take the beating like a man or woman.

yeh that would be TERRIBLE but then we dont want it to be a bad injury do we? godd tati!!!maybe the scoreboard got it wrong and the match is still going on? LOL

rseto
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:25 AM

me too. :confused:

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I thought the same. But when you're in that much pain that you can't walk there is obviously no point.

yh true...r u a boy or grl?EDIT...I JUST NOTICED UR USERNAME LOOOOOOOOOL

selyoink
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:27 AM

I probably would too. I ran cross country for about a month on stress fracture before I had to accept that it would probably be better to get medical treatment.

Craigy
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:27 AM
yh true...r u a boy or grl?EDIT...I JUST NOTICED UR USERNAME LOOOOOOOOOL

:spit: Yeah :p
Well I'll ask you, because I don't know :p

Craigy
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I probably would too. I ran cross country for about a month on stress fracture before I had to accept that it would probably be better to get medical treatment.

Damn :eek:
Yeah, I've had to make the hard decision of cutting back on tennis now. My knee is getting worse :(

yukon145
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:46 AM

so am i, but the "good" part is that she retired at the end of a set. so whatever it is, hopefully its not that serious.

wurzelman
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:50 AM
I'm sure it is just fatigue that meant she retired. I wish so anyway :tape: A great effort in this tourney after last week's exertions :yeah: Rest up well Tati :hug:

~Kiera~
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Guys, it's an ankle injury :sad:

rseto
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:05 AM
the bad news is right ankle injury. :sad:

the not so bad news is that she was able to do the interview afterwards and from her responses, she didn't seem distraught or anything bad. but any ankle injury can't be good.

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070413205546.pdf

get better and hope you can play fed cup, tati!

NittanyJefe
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Get better Tati :hug: At least it doesn't seem too serious, but why must this keep happening?

yukon145
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:36 AM
the ankles again, damn it. :sad:

i hope its not serious. get well soon Tati. she always gets injured when she starts to play well.

selyoink
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:53 AM
It sounds more just like an ache rather than an actual injury. I think with a few days of rest she will be fine.

Tati thinks Dinara has chances of going far in this tournament. Tati is not too smart if she doesn't think semis is going far.

Rod the Bama
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:03 AM
I really hate that Tati had to quit today. :sad: I`m torn about this. On one hand i wished that Tati would`ve played on a little longer, but on the other i think she made the right move as a precaution. Hopefully this time off will give her time to heal.

ZAK
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Tati tried to come back on court after destroying her ankle against Sharapova at Miami at last year. I doubt she just gave up

Zombielicious
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Tatiana....:hysteric:

But i'm very glad she decided to quit. Just think if she kept on playing and something happened to her ankle again. I would just die. And I know she would be horribly upset herself, now that she is playing good.

Now she can have to rest her body including her ankle..so i'm happy she retired.

Good luck in Fed Cup and Berlin, Tats.

:hug: to Tatiana and :hug: to all Tati fans.

rseto
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Tati thinks Dinara has chances of going far in this tournament. Tati is not too smart if she doesn't think semis is going far.

:( i'm sure tati knew she just played a quarterfinal match. :rolleyes: and i wouldn't take these transcripts literally word for word.

Apr 14th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Get well Tati!!!:sad: :wavey: I hope it's not too serious...

9 matches in 10 days were too much I think...

rockwithme
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:32 AM
oh what a bummer! :(

but after reading the interview, it seems like a wise decision to retire as a precautionary measure. it sounds like there is a slight injury there. I think tati is traumatised by the miami incident and would not want a repeat of that again..and neither does the rest of us

on another note, how much does it suck to sustain an injury during pre-match warm-up :eek: :(

FrenchY52
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I hope it's the big blister and not something due to Zurich.
I really hope it isn't too important, and that she'll be in a good shape for FedCup !

Oural56
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I'm quite confident

Demska
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:11 AM
When I saw her retire on the scoreboard my heart sunk and I was very :scared: I thought it would be due to exhaustion but you just don't quit a match if you're tired.

Then, I woke and up saw right ankle injury was a doubley :scared:. But reading some interviews and seeing some pics of her walking off court, the injury doesn't seem to be that bad. Glad she retired in the end, could have been worse.

Tati :hug: Get some rest, breakfast in bed and massages and come back strong for Fed Cup and kick some more ass! :dance: :kiss:

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:40 AM
oh what a bummer! :(

but after reading the interview, it seems like a wise decision to retire as a precautionary measure. it sounds like there is a slight injury there. I think tati is traumatised by the miami incident and would not want a repeat of that again..and neither does the rest of us

on another note, how much does it suck to sustain an injury during pre-match warm-up :eek: :(

its probably nothing serious since she didnt move properly but in the off-season she has learnt so hopefully she will be fine...will they televise the fed cup?

Apr 14th, 2007, 10:21 AM
will they televise the fed cup?

The times and channels you can read here:
http://www.fedcup.com/ties/tvschedule.asp?tie=100008901

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:44 AM
The times and channels you can read here:
http://www.fedcup.com/ties/tvschedule.asp?tie=100008901

thank you:)

do you know where she'll be whewn the rankings come out on monday? is it still 19th if zvonereva loses today or 18th because of schnyder's early loss?

Neptune
Apr 14th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Too bad.:sad: I hope she will be ok. :yeah:

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:22 PM
According to my amazing maths (lol im joking) Providing that Safina Beats Zvonereva today, Tati will go up to 18th place with Schnyder going down to no.19....If Zvonereva loses today, She will be around 100 points below tati, if she is RU the around 5-10 points and obviously if she wins she will be above tati. No matter what, tati will be around 50 points from Li which is really good...Li has 202 points to defend between now and stratsbourg and since shes not playing very well and tati is, its only a matter of time before tati Jumps to a new high of at least 17 so expect more bandwagoners soon!:)

rockwithme
Apr 14th, 2007, 02:42 PM
she should be 15-ish at end of clay season :) i'm hoping...

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:07 PM
she should be 15-ish at end of clay season :) i'm hoping...

with some good results then definatly..im hoping she gets that 16th seed by at least wimbledon but you never know...she could get it by roland garros

rockwithme
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:19 PM
with some good results then definatly..im hoping she gets that 16th seed by at least wimbledon but you never know...she could get it by roland garros

yeh it's all dependent on her performance :) i say should 'cause judging by the way she's playing...;)

nouf
Apr 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM
georges goven on eurosport france said its ok for Tati! she'll play the fedcup next week!

Apr 14th, 2007, 04:51 PM
georges goven on eurosport france said its ok for Tati! she'll play the fedcup next week!

:woohoo: Great news!!!

nouf
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM
on dailymotion
http://www.dailymotion.com/tatiworld/video/2880408

Zombielicious
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Yay!!

wurzelman
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:40 PM
:bounce: Go Tati

HTE
Apr 15th, 2007, 10:33 AM

And risk not being able to play the next tournament? I don't think so. Of course the players should finish a match if they are able to, but Pro tennis is a job and they can't afford to gamble too much with their health.

Tati tried to come back on court after destroying her ankle against Sharapova at Miami at last year. I doubt she just gave up

:yeah:

Slutiana
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM
:spit: Yeah :p
Well I'll ask you, because I don't know :p

Boy of course lol

i hope i dont sound like a girl:scared:

Zombielicious
Apr 17th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Boy of course lol

i hope i dont sound like a girl:scared:

Its okay, Tumaini. Everyone in the Camille Pin board thought I was a guy...:lol: :tape:

Slutiana
Apr 17th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Its okay, Tumaini. Everyone in the Camille Pin board thought I was a guy...:lol: :tape:

lool..whats you name?

i noticed you didnt say that i dont sound like a girl..does that mean i do?

Zombielicious
Apr 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Anna. :cool: It would be cool if it was spelt Ana and then I would be like Ana Ivanovic...minus the huge tennis star status.

But no! you sound very manly!!

Slutiana
Apr 18th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Anna. :cool: It would be cool if it was spelt Ana and then I would be like Ana Ivanovic...minus the huge tennis star status.

But no! you sound very manly!

:lol:

wel pleased to meet u ;)