nbaker53
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM
:mad: :fiery:

Craigy
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Go Serena :hearts:

Vlover
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Poor Vee she is getting no breaks with these draws. Anyway my girl, chin up and try to get your game back. Keep plugging away and hope things come together for the FO where it matters most. Still love you regardless:hearts:

auntie janie
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:34 PM
The Family Circle Cup can't get any breaks this year. First all the top guns pull out one after the other -- and then one of the two biggest stars of all has to knock out the other one early on. What a shame for this historical tournament to be hit by so much bad luck. :sad:

frenchie
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
it sucks!!

Slampova
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Serena! :D

Kunal
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM
it is in venus's hands to make inroads.....she needs to get her rankings higher.

too bad she will finish off in the 3rd round

Slutiana
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Why have you guys lost hope in venus...she has possibly two matches to find her form and anythings possible in a williams' match...im backing venus LOL

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:41 PM
this blows :o

:shrug: come on Vee, get that ranking up girl

SJW
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM
If Venus would get her ranking higher, this problem wouldn't exist.

Mina Vagante
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:43 PM
cmon serena :bounce:

Conor
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Completely unsurprising considering their rankings... Serena should win easily...

:inlove:
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Dang it. :help:

soomaal
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Why have you guys lost hope in venus...she has possibly two matches to find her form and anythings possible in a williams' match...im backing venus LOL

:yeah: All these people moaning about Venus needing to get her ranking up, but considering it's only not long ago she started competing in tournaments... you all need to chill!

I am also backing Venus on this one and think that if she gets through the earlier rounds...she still has a good chance against Serena. ;)

jj74
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Vamos Serena

but Venus will be a real thread for a seed in Roland Garros if she doen't up her ranking soon

vw.
I will be happy if Venus can win two matches to set up the match with Serena.

As much as Serena should hand Venus a serious beatdown, I think the tension between the two will still be there, giving Venus a chance to win.

Il Primo!
Serena is the favorite logically BUT I'd love to see her state of mind playing her beloved sister. I'm sure she won't have the same attitude she had against Sharapova.
Venus has more chances to beat Serena than nobody else on tour.
I'm still fed up with these fucking draws. Miami and now Charleston :o

Lulu.
Go Serena :D

frenchie
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM
the draws are rigged

Mightymirza
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
gooo venusssssss

Fabunny
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Venus has won more titles on clay than Serena so there is always the chance that Venus will prevail

new-york
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM
:(.

serenafan08
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Wow...yet another tough draw for the Williamses. I really don't know who will win this one because you can't ever go on form when the sisters play each other.

MrSerenaWilliams
I just hope it's a good match ( :unsure: if it happens)

;) with Serena winning :yeah:

Wannabeknowitall
Yey!!!
Sorry I'm not one of the people who wants Serena/Venus to only meet in the final nor am I one to want Roddick and Federer to only meet in the final.

You earn the distinction of meeting on opposite parts of the draw as the number one and number two players in the world in the ranking or as the number one and number two seed in a tournament.
Either way they have some work to do.

The winner has a pretty good chance to win this tournament.
I just hope it comes down to who wants it more.

harloo
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Serena is the favorite logically BUT I'd love to see her state of mind playing her beloved sister. I'm sure she won't have the same attitude she had against Sharapova.

Sadly, I agree with you. Venus is the older sister and she has the advantage regardless of Serena's recent results. I just hope Venus doesn't end up winning then goes into the next match playing like crap like she did at the US Open.

No Name Face
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:06 PM
well either way, i hope it's serena who wins.

new-york
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Sadly, I agree with you. Venus is the older sister and she has the advantage regardless of Serena's recent results. I just hope Venus doesn't end up winning then goes into the next match playing like crap like she did at the US Open.

Venus has no advantage.

Serena won the AO & Miami.
Whatever feelings about her sister may trouble Serena if they actually play the match, Venus has to play decently, otherwise she has no shot.

Don't lose to anyone else Venus, at least.:)

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:09 PM

Well the odds say that this will happen frequently if they play in the same tournaments with the rankings they have now.

If Miami didn't use the rankings before Indian Wells for their draw there's a chance they might not had a chance to meet in the rd of 16.

The last time the Williams Sisters played a tournament outside of the slams together before Miami 2007 was Amelia Island 2005, and they were on opposite parts of the draw until the finals.

Venus lost to Lindsay in the quarters and Serena lost to Farina Elia in the quarters.

joshwel
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:09 PM
venus, fix ur game plz

Il Primo!
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:10 PM
this blows :o

:shrug: come on Vee, get that ranking up girl

I just hope it's a good match ( :unsure: if it happens)

;) with Serena winning :yeah:

:confused:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I don't want them to keep meeting so early, so that's why I want Vee to start playing better so her ranking can get higher.

BUT, if they do meet, I want Ree to win :wavey:

Williams-forever
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Let's see if Venus gets to the 3rd round...

Slutiana
:yeah: All these people moaning about Venus needing to get her ranking up, but considering it's only not long ago she started competing in tournaments... you all need to chill!

I am also backing Venus on this one and think that if she gets through the earlier rounds...she still has a good chance against Serena. ;)
the field is sooo weak, i'd say venus is the second favourite afta serena lol..with tati near after if she wins AI (but i just hav a feelin that v will beat serena i am acually CONFIDENT coz serenas run isnt just gonna go on and on and i think the only person who CAN stop it is Vee

Ballbasher
Stosur might be really tough too :confused: Vee is far from her best!

Il Primo!
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Well the odds say that this will happen frequently if they play in the same tournaments with the rankings they have now.

If Miami didn't use the rankings before Indian Wells for their draw there's a chance they might not had a chance to meet in the rd of 16.

The last time the Williams Sisters played a tournament outside of the slams together before Miami 2007 was Amelia Island 2005, and they were on opposite parts of the draw until the finals.

Venus lost to Lindsay in the quarters and Serena lost to Farina Elia in the quarters.

I know, I do know this. The point is that the draws annoy me cause I want Maria/Venus/Serena to go the furthest and it's frustrating to see them playing against each other so early. That's why I also talked about Miami

With some luck, Venus and Serena can be at different sides of the draw. I'm not suprised they play as soon as the 3rd tour, I'm just pissed of.

kadirelf
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:17 PM
peffffffffffffffffffff bad hingis

hingis withdraw serena 3 seed
but hingis play serena 4 seed and williams sisters final

ugly hingis

cypher_88
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:25 PM
peffffffffffffffffffff bad hingis

hingis withdraw serena 3 seed
but hingis play serena 4 seed and williams sisters final

ugly hingis
huh???Hingis is bad because she withdrew? :rolleyes:

Andrew Laeddis
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:32 PM
poor venus, but if she does get past serena i think shell make it to the semis.

vw.
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:33 PM
If this match occurs, it'll be shown on TV I believe!
ESPN2's coverage starts on Thursday with 3rd round, so that'll be nice to see.

Poova
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I wonder if Serena will be ruthless and give the same beatdown she gave Maria to her big sister :eek: :p

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:57 PM
I don't think so...although, for all intensive pursposes Miami 2002/US Open 2002 were beatdowns :shrug:

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Stosur might be really tough too :confused: Vee is far from her best!

seriously, the way Venus' been playing she's not a sure bet to get past stosur. Stosur has a really good serve (I think?) while Venus has been struggling on her serve and her return game. I would rather Venus not play Serena this early. argghh i hate this draw. WTF is going on? enough of this random draw shiz...reshuffle Venus and serena so they can meet at least a little later in the tournament.

tennnisfannn
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Serena has not touched clay in almost two years, venbus best results these last couple years have been on clay save of curse that wimbledon.
So far this year, venus has lost to maria and tatiana, that ain't so bad. It would have been a diferent story if hse had lost to the likes of razai and melien tu.
form or not, the williams matches are fought in the head, so it is 50/50 chance for either player.

Craigy
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:06 AM

2002 Miami Semi-Final. :)

volta
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM
LAwd not this again :fiery: :sad:

volta
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:09 AM

true :sad:

Bruno71
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:14 AM
enough of this random draw shiz...reshuffle Venus and serena so they can meet at least a little later in the tournament.

Yeah, and they should make it so Jankovic doesn't have to play anyone ranked better than 30 before the final, because I say so ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Venus is not ready to play the likes of Serena. She is far far from her good (let alone best) form. So Serena if she's serious about this match-up should win quite comfortably.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM
I firmly believe that Venus is trying her best raise her ranking up. These draws are not kind to her, but hey she is still a player you don't want to see in the early rounds.

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Serena has not touched clay in almost two years, venbus best results these last couple years have been on clay save of curse that wimbledon.
So far this year, venus has lost to maria and tatiana, that ain't so bad. It would have been a diferent story if hse had lost to the likes of razai and melien tu.
form or not, the williams matches are fought in the head, so it is 50/50 chance for either player.

Do you REALLY think 2 years have passed w/o Serena at least PRACTICING on clay? :confused:

And Serena's MUCH more of a natural slider than Vee (just look @ 2002 FO Final)

At BEST it's 75/25 really :shrug:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:29 AM
she is still a player you don't want to see in the early rounds.

most definately. When she's on: :eek:

but when she's off: :bolt:

-Sonic-
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:29 AM
the draws are rigged

They want to give the decent players cakewalk draws right?

Venus = cakewalk

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Kiss it.

Black Mamba.
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Vee ain't getting that far.

southpaw58
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hopefully Vee gets there. I want Serena to win the whole thanggg

henree
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Espn won't start coverage until the 4th Rd. So no chance of seeing Vee and Ree playing each other.

TaxPower
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:47 AM
I suppose it won't be a very exciting match

hacberto
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:52 AM
If this match occurs, it'll be shown on TV I believe!
ESPN2's coverage starts on Thursday with 3rd round, so that'll be nice to see.

Oh man I love you

Is this true??
Please confirm it to me

hacberto
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Espn won't start coverage until the 4th Rd. So no chance of seeing Vee and Ree playing each other.

Are you sure??:sad:

vw.
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Actually, I think there is a chance.
Coverage begins on Thursday. If Friday is the Quarterfinals, the third round would be Thursday (the draw is size 64, not 128, so no 4th round) so I think ESPN will be showing Venus vs Serena on Thursday (if they make it to that round)

Mightymirza
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Yey!!!
Sorry I'm not one of the people who wants Serena/Venus to only meet in the final nor am I one to want Roddick and Federer to only meet in the final.

You earn the distinction of meeting on opposite parts of the draw as the number one and number two players in the world in the ranking or as the number one and number two seed in a tournament.
Either way they have some work to do.

The winner has a pretty good chance to win this tournament.
I just hope it comes down to who wants it more.

Who wants that?? :confused: I would rather if A rod gets his ass whooped in 1st round by federer :lol: Now rafa or canas is a different story..;)

Mightymirza
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Well lets not jinx them now..Rena still have to win a match and Vee 2 :scared:

Slutiana
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Well lets not jinx them now..Rena still have to win a match and Vee 2 :scared:

hopefully vee can use the stosur match as a return practise and then take it from there

50Sense
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Come on Serena!

DomenicDemaria
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Maybe people should wait until they both make the third round before they start talking. Sam is tough and if she comes into the match playing well she could push Venus. We all know that anything happens in tennis.

TomTennis
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Dang :sad: I feel bad for the FCC, first they had a super line up, then one by one the top 5 dropped like flies, leaving Venus and Serena who have to play a 3rd round match. :sad:

Tis a shame :sad: Lets hope they both make it and have a great battle with the winner taking the title.

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Serena in 2.

SV_Fan
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:41 AM
WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DO THAT:fiery: :fiery: :sad:

SJW
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:46 AM
The sad thing is, regardless of their current form, if Venus makes it that far I fully expect her to give Serena fits. :rolleyes:

Dani12
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Come On Stosur :D:);)

charmedRic
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Allez Venus!

RJWCapriati
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Will be interesting

Brooklyn90
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:54 AM
You never know whats gonna happen in this match, remember back in 05 Miami when everyone thought Serena was going to take down Venus. Venus surprised everyone, and since then she has owned Serena in H2H. And Serena hasn't played on clay in 2 years!
I hope Rena can pull this one off :yeah:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:55 AM
well Serena wasn't exactly in the best form

3 setter to Elena L...and Vee wasn't playing that badly :shrug: not to mention the fact that Serena couldn't win a TB to SAVE HER LIFE :o

it's a different Vee and a different Ree

vesanto
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Well, first Venus a good test against Stosur and I really hope she gets through it...:tape: Let's just wait...

Stamp Paid
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Damn.
Well ladies, play well.

Couver
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Ugh this is such bad news.

But either way hopefully at least one of them will advance if they get there.

I wouldn't discount Venus in this match either. There are a lot of psychological factors at play when they play each other and neither brings their best on those occassions, so it leaves room for the one who plays better than day to win.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:56 AM
another crap draw....solution....venus needs a higher ranking....who do I want to win?? Serena...her game is more dependable than Venus....Venus could play well against Serena then play like crap the next round...I lover her but her game ain't there at this moment...Serena is a better bet to win the tournament after coming through that round....but 1 match at a time ne???

tae04
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Yea I think Serena should handily beat Venus, but the sister tension will make it closer.

Brooks.
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I will be happy if Venus can win two matches to set up the match with Serena.

As much as Serena should hand Venus a serious beatdown, I think the tension between the two will still be there, giving Venus a chance to win.

of course....Serena mentally has not been the same when she plays Venus the last couple of times ...Venus will just fuck it up if she gets past Serena:rolleyes:

and I really want to see Serena in the semis...if Venus fucks it up I am going to be pissed:fiery:

rjd1111
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:59 AM

Random is as Random does

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:25 AM
well Serena wasn't exactly in the best form

3 setter to Elena L...and Vee wasn't playing that badly :shrug: not to mention the fact that Serena couldn't win a TB to SAVE HER LIFE :o

it's a different Vee and a different Ree

:yawn: Serena was playing well and she still got beat by a better player that day. deal with it. :rolleyes:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I didn't say Vee wasn't a better player...in fact, I said she WAS playing better than Serena...and @ the US Open too.

Fact is, in all 14 of the times that they've played...the one in better form wins , because mentally it's 50-50

I would never discredit a Venus win :(.....in fact the only time I think the person in worse form won was the 2003 Wimbledon Final. I really thought it was Vee's, but the injury was too much.

If they meet it'll be mentally competitive, but unless Vee finds a way to clean up her game a bit, it won't be as close as many people think/hope.

Chance
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:02 AM
a pity.... but bound to happen.
I want Serena to get back to the top 10 and Venus to find some form.... but first thing first is Venus needs to beat Stouser...

LucasArg
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I hate this is happening again at Charleston:mad: :sad:

~Eclipsed~
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:21 AM
Serena has yet to play a claycourt match...

I don't know why everyone is looking at her as the favorite "if" they were to meet. Like others have been saying, Stosur is up first.

junlee_vee
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:31 AM

They're called fair weather fans, and a lot of them seemed to have popped up here recently.

junlee_vee
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:42 AM

Oh yes, let her just magically snap her fingers so she can get back in the top 10 overnight.

mm1147
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:55 AM
serena will win but venus should win

Direwolf
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Im thinking Serena could win this in 3 sets or lose it
in three 7-5/6-4 or tiebreak in third...

but Venus could win this in 2 sets...
or win in three with a tight third set...

but its cool that this is the 3rd time theyre gonna play on clay...
IF THEY MEET...