Nicolás89
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
ohh, god no!!! :(

ToeTag
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Is she busy planning her wedding too??

Dexter
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:15 PM
please post a source with this kind of information.

Brooklyn90
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM
please post a source with this kind of information.

well she's not in the draw!

Vaidisova
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070407155809.pdf

Dexter
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Nicole a top-seed in a Tier I. http://www.corpuskey.net/foro/images/smilies/Animados/faint.gif

MistyGrey
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Wow!

Craigy
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Nicole a top-seed in a Tier I. http://www.corpuskey.net/foro/images/smilies/Animados/faint.gif

:inlove:

Dexter
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:21 PM
:inlove:I love it as well, hope you didn't get me wrong. :lol:

jochem
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:24 PM
haha third round match up between V & S!

Craigy
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I love it as well, hope you didn't get me wrong. :lol:

Oh I know :p

égalité
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:27 PM
NOOOO What the hell?!?!

papru
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Nikki go for the title :woohoo: :inlove:

jazar
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM
she is too busy fucking radek

Lulu.
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Too bad

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:31 PM
They showed her the draw, she decided to WD to fuck it up for the Williams sisters bumping up Serena to the 3 seed instead :devil:

Mightymirza
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:31 PM
WTF :bigcry: Now win it all ana :o Adje...(serena should roll over the whole field..:o )

frenchie
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:33 PM
just give the trophy to Serena!

b_o_r
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Serena hasn't played on clay in a little over 2 years. She's no lock either;)

Slampova
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Omg :help: Nicole, Take adavantage of your No.1 Seeding :kiss:

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Serena hasn't played on clay in a little over 2 years. She's no lock either;)
She hasn't played a tournament on clay in 2 years. Doesn't mean she hasn't practiced on it in 2 years. Either way, it's another tournament she can play her way into. Even with Hingis' withdraw, I don't expect this to be easy for her, though.

timafi
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM

http://yelims.free.fr/IPB/Invision-Board-France-580.gif

I tell ya people this tournament is turning out to be Montreal 2006 :shrug: :help:

Dexter
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I tell ya people this tournament is turning out to be Montreal 2006 :shrug: :help:If we have the same winner I don't mind at all. :angel:

Williams-forever
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I can't believe Serena and Venus are the only top players having not withdrawn...:eek: :lol:

LoveFifteen
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:50 PM
:bigcry:

joshwel
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Oh Marti, noo:sad:

Mightymirza
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I can't believe Serena and Venus are the only top players having not withdrawn...:eek: :lol:

seriously....when was the last time that happened.....!!!!!!!!!

JackWalker
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:55 PM
im actually happy she withdrew. martina has been playing very badly since tokyo. she's taking a break to get her game and her head together. come back stong in warsaw martina.

sapir1434
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM
what is going on with this tournament :o :help:

PLP
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:08 PM
http://yelims.free.fr/IPB/Invision-Board-France-580.gif

I tell ya people this tournament is turning out to be Montreal 2006 :shrug: :help:

Excepte Marti was in that tournament! :sad:

I am very sad but not at all surprised, I was totally dreading this. Martina has a lot of work to do on her game, she isn't happy where it's at, so it's probably a wise choice...maybe she decided to hit the gym after all.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I expected Serena to withdraw from Charleston too, but they're probably begging her to stay at this point! An event like this makes me understand the under the table payments to guarantee a player...even if I don't agree with appearance fees in general. But they need Serena to play or else few others outside of tennis fanatics are going to be watching and following the event.

PLP
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:14 PM
She hasn't played a tournament on clay in 2 years. Doesn't mean she hasn't practiced on it in 2 years. Either way, it's another tournament she can play her way into. Even with Hingis' withdraw, I don't expect this to be easy for her, though.

Yeah, but Hingis might have been able to get inside Serena';s head on clay...they know each others games very well, it could have been a good match at least.

So with the top 6 players in the world not there, actually 7 cuz' Nadia isn't playing either, the only player left in the draw that should really challenge Serena is Venus, maybe Shahar, Nikki, Ana, JJ.

This tournament has gone from one of the best to a pretty average looking field, with some amazing players scattered about the draw.

Ford
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Hingis hit the balls of Radek to get stronger. So poor. Second year`s comeback is a fiasco for Hingis. She is planning to get married instead of.

hu2891601
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Why isn't Petrova defending her title??

Martian Jeza
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I can't blame her : she has to work gaining confidence and believing in her game back ! She also has to rest, she played a bit too much since the beginining of the season and underachieved the last matches/tournaments she played.

Vaidisova
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Hingis withdraws from Family Circle with hip injury

The Associated Press
CHARLESTON, S.C.
A hip injury forced Martina Hingis to withdraw from the Family Circle Cup on Saturday.

"I have been working as hard as possible to be in competitive shape for the tournament but unfortunately have not recovered enough from an injury to my left hip that I suffered this past week," Hingis said in a news release from tournament organizers.

Hingis, ranked No. 6 this week on the WTA Tour, joins a long list of top players to withdraw from this year's tournament.

Svetlana Kuznetsova, ranked fifth in the world, withdrew Friday because of a wrist injury. Earlier, top-ranked Justine Henin withdrew, followed by No. 2 Maria Sharapova and No. 3 Amelie Mauresmo.

The clay-court tournament begins next week.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070407/APS/704074269

serenafan08
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Why isn't Petrova defending her title??

I wondered the same thing. She'd be seeded in the top four ahead of Serena. I don't get it. :shrug:

PLP
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Hingis withdraws from Family Circle with hip injury

The Associated Press
CHARLESTON, S.C.
A hip injury forced Martina Hingis to withdraw from the Family Circle Cup on Saturday.

"I have been working as hard as possible to be in competitive shape for the tournament but unfortunately have not recovered enough from an injury to my left hip that I suffered this past week," Hingis said in a news release from tournament organizers.

Hingis, ranked No. 6 this week on the WTA Tour, joins a long list of top players to withdraw from this year's tournament.

Svetlana Kuznetsova, ranked fifth in the world, withdrew Friday because of a wrist injury. Earlier, top-ranked Justine Henin withdrew, followed by No. 2 Maria Sharapova and No. 3 Amelie Mauresmo.

The clay-court tournament begins next week.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070407/APS/704074269

:eek:

Hopefully it's not that serious...isn't that the same side that bothered her at Wimbledon against Sugi? :sad:

Oh well, at least it isn't her feet.

colt13
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Well, quickfound confirmed it, but also claims that A. Bondarenko pulled out late. Seeing the draw though, she would have been a floater.

starin
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM

:lol: :lol:

Lindsayfanumber1
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM
:tape::tape::tape::tape:
This tournament was going to be one of the best :o

PLP
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:14 AM
:tape::tape::tape::tape:
This tournament was going to be one of the best :o

It's still a good field, but I do wonder how pissed the WTA is at all top 6 not playing!? It's sort of a nightmare for Charleston to lose so many big names. Anyway, I don't want any of my faves playing while they're injured/exhausted, even though I must admit it has turned into a rather disappointing field compared to what it was a few weeks ago. :help:

Demska
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Dropping like flies..

-Sonic-
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:36 AM

What irony.

volta
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:39 AM
oh my :eek:

kittyking
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:50 AM

And who would blame her :angel:

Williamsser
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Marti :sad:

Martian Stacey
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Get well soon Martina, I hope its not serious :awww:

lukehingis
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:55 AM
get well soon, martina!

Blu€
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Nice move Martina, still surprised you did it :lol:

lecciones
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Boy, maybe thats what's been bugging her. her results were so surprising, and no wonder why in the interview when she were asked about Charleston she said she thought she didn't have enough time and she needed to rest, etc. I guess this was it. Good decision, sometimes its better to withdraw rather than aggravate a sprain in your hip, more time for her to really get rested and fresh and play the best tennis you can. I'm sick of her getting 3rd-4th round defeats.

ce
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:42 AM
vaidisova first seeded,:help:

ioni
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Nikki go for the title :woohoo: :inlove:

:) hopefully !

Martian Jeza
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Boy, maybe thats what's been bugging her. her results were so surprising, and no wonder why in the interview when she were asked about Charleston she said she thought she didn't have enough time and she needed to rest, etc. I guess this was it. Good decision, sometimes its better to withdraw rather than aggravate a sprain in your hip, more time for her to really get rested and fresh and play the best tennis you can. I'm sick of her getting 3rd-4th round defeats.

You are not alone in there :o

Martian KC
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:57 PM
LMAO@devilsova being top seed now.

mm1147
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:09 AM
this is just sad:sad:

Mynarco
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Martina :sad:
Get Well Soon...
I don't wanna see another Radwanska's loss again...

It'll be a really LONG break
will she join back J&S cup instead?

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Excepte Marti was in that tournament! :sad:

I am very sad but not at all surprised, I was totally dreading this. Martina has a lot of work to do on her game, she isn't happy where it's at, so it's probably a wise choice...maybe she decided to hit the gym after all.

She better hit the gym: at least the eliptical machine and the step master to impove her endurance. Otherwise I don't see this move as such a great idea aside from helping her release some tension from playing so poorly over the last 5-6 weeks passed. Usually going for too long a period without playing tennis has hindered Hingis' form and game in the past, she's a player that keeps her game sharp by playing at regular intervals, her game suffers when she goes on too long of breaks.

Hopefully this is not one of those moves she makes out of no reason and good purpose. She better know what's good for her career at this stage. :rolleyes: