PDA

View Full Version : Serena now calmer than Venus?

Groenefelder25
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:08 PM
i dont know if its just me. but around about 2000 - 2004, u would hardly see a negative reaction out of venus and serena would be all :fiery: :mad: :(

but now it seems the reversal, serena seems much more calmer and venus seems much more stressed out

anyone else noticed this?

kiwifan
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:11 PM
no.

SV_Fan
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:18 PM
No it's still always been Serena. I don't think Venus be smashing raquets like Serena.

tennnisfannn
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:18 PM
With Venus it was the quiet confidence that was oozing out of her. She didn't have too much to be frustrated about. Serena on the other hand is passionate about every point nad constantly needs to clam down to keep her points in check.

treufreund
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:20 PM
VENUS will always be the classier of the two :hearts: but Serena is the better player. :sad:

bandabou
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Hmmm..nah, Serena will ALWAYS be more passionate and expressive than Venus. Just the way it is...and that's the main difference. Serena totally hates losing and that's why she plays better when she's down.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I think Serena is the same...Venus seems to show her emotions more now but not the same level Serena does

trufanjay
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Serena shows a lot more emotion than Venus. But even when Serena shows she is frustrated she is able to calm her game down and cut back on errors to win. But Venus shows her emotion I think through her game and the errors come rolling in. That's pretty much what happened in the Golovin match, went for too much.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Serena shows a lot more emotion than Venus. But even when Serena shows she is frustrated she is able to calm her game down and cut back on errors to win. But Venus shows her emotion I think through her game and the errors come rolling in. That's pretty much what happened in the Golovin match, went for too much.

agreed....:)

Marshmallow
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:54 PM

Concur, totally. But i don't think it's a reversal.

Black Mamba.
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Venus lacks confidence and as we now confidence and self belief are important elements in tennis.

Stamp Paid
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:00 PM
No, Serena is constantly working to calm herself down on court.
But Venus has been losing her cool more than she used to lately.

volta
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:37 PM

agreed

azmad_88
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM

ditto

mckyle.
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:03 PM
i love how serena goes for every single point and is always thinking. it's hard to find a player who goes out there and plays every single point like it is the last point of her life

serenafan08
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Serena is still the same. Venus's negative emotions are showing more nowadays. She gets flustered and upset with herself more, and that's when the errors start creeping in.

raquel
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Serena is always intense and full of expression. At the Australian Open 2005 she was just raw emotion out there, screaming and almost on the verge of tears at times but I think it was that intensity that helped win her that title. I don't think Venus wears her heart on her sleeve as much as Serena but that's what works for her.

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Venus is NOT reversing with Serena.

Since WHEN have you ever heard Venus scream, "COME ON" after a point, or anytime for that matter.

The only reason Vee hasn't been ACTING like this, is because she's never been PLAYING like this. She'll get it together soon though. Vee just needs time, and hey, it's not like she's out of the top 30 or anything, she's still up there...just not where she NEEDS to be.

On the OTHER hand...I've noticed, especially with some of the Miami matches, that Serena's temperment is VERY similar to 2002-2003 :hearts::drool:....so is her clay schedule...and she was ranked +/-5 spots then to where she is now ;)

I hope that Vee can keep playing and go deep (SF or better) at the rest of the majors she plays. I mean we all know she's practically a LOCK at Wimbly (if she's in ANYTHING near decent form), and pretty solid @ the US, but she needs to keep playing to get that ranking up, so she won't have to play Henin/Sharapova/Serena in the first couple of rounds.

frontier
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:23 PM
serena is so open with her emotions,its easy to tell what she is going through,whether its anger frustration joy.
venus can be so stone faced,the only time she showed emotion was at wimbledon 2005 and it worked out fine.

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Since WHEN have you ever heard Venus scream, "COME ON" after a point, or anytime for that matter.

Um..multiple times. :shrug:

joshwel
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM

this is so true :worship:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Um..multiple times. :shrug:

really? :shrug: I don't ever remember her doing that. I know she'll do other stuff, but I've never seen her be so emotionally demonstrative.

Well maybe except for Wimbledon 2005, but I mean when she hits amazing winners she'll just go back to fixing her dress and go onto the next point, whereas Serena'll scream, shout "COME ON" stare down her opponent, and THEN fix her dress :lol: