PDA

View Full Version : Tati and Venus press conference comments from Friday

vw.
Apr 7th, 2007, 02:23 AM
http://cgi.jacksonville.com/multimedia/video/070406182458.shtml

vw.
Apr 7th, 2007, 02:24 AM
I didn't know that Tati has basically no French accent!

cellophane
Apr 7th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Was Golovin chewing gum? :lol:

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Venus "I think I had too many erorrs. I maybe went for too much"
"I think I was playing well"

:tape: :help: Venus you are becoming delusional. You always go for too much and you always have too many errors. Add to the fact that you can barely hold serve anymore against scrubs like Meilin Tu and that is why you will never be at the top again. The fact that she thought she was playing well this tournament is scary cuz she struggled in almost every round against opponents she should not be struggling against. Horrible play for Venus has become regular play for Venus.

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:04 AM
venus WAS NOT playing well. she obviously needs a lot of work...

supergrunt
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I think that she is just trying to stay positive. :)

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:11 AM
I hope so.

vejh
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:14 AM
I agree that Venus is trying to stay positive. But there may be other ways to do so then belittling her standards by saying she think she played well. lol. Gosh, back in the days I remember being so strict on V. After all these years I'm a little bit more mellow towards her...

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:17 AM

Her own dad blasted her for poor play in Miami. I believe in staying positive, and playing more events can only help her become more match tough. But I assume that some coach is also working with her? Serena went to Nick Bollettieri for some extra help. I hope Venus has done the same. And most importantly has some kind of medical assistant helping her with rehab on her wrist while she works through the process of getting her "game" back...?

junlee_vee
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:07 AM

:tape: :help: Venus you are becoming delusional. You always go for too much and you always have too many errors. Add to the fact that you can barely hold serve anymore against scrubs like Meilin Tu and that is why you will never be at the top again. The fact that she thought she was playing well this tournament is scary cuz she struggled in almost every round against opponents she should not be struggling against. Horrible play for Venus has become regular play for Venus.

Quite a bold statement...

Jeff
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:19 AM

She didn't say she was playing well in this match, she said she felt she had been playing well this tournament. Big difference, although you're a good example of taking things out of context, as others are also claiming she said she played well this match...tell me where she said that, cuz I sure don't hear that. She said the reason she lost was because she was playing Tatiana and she was playing herself...both of which are true. She said she went for too much and made too many errors...I think she knows what's going on. The only delusional one is you...making it seem she says something she didn't.

serenafan08
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:22 AM
I think Venus knows what needs to happen. Right now it's straight up tennis that's bugging her. She's healthy, fit, and looks terrific! Her game is what's failing her, and that's what she needs to work on right now. Unforced errors did her in against Sharapova, and again today against Golovin. She needs more topspin and control on her shots; she's playing too wrecklessly right now.

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:23 AM
She didn't say she was playing well in this match, she said she felt she had been playing well this tournament. Big difference, although you're a good example of taking things out of context, as others are also claiming she said she played well this match...tell me where she said that, cuz I sure don't hear that. She said the reason she lost was because she was playing Tatiana and she was playing herself...both of which are true. She said she went for too much and made too many errors...I think she knows what's going on. The only delusional one is you...making it seem she says something she didn't.

I know what she said but I don't think she was playing well this tournament. I didn't see her first 3 matches so its hard to say. But she struggled against Schnyder who's in a huge slump and she struggled in the second set against Meilen Tu (Tu won more on her 1st and 2nd serve than Venus did on hers). In the first set Schnyder was winning 80% on her first and second serve. If Venus was playing well she would not be strugglign against Schnyder and Tu. I never said she was playing badly only in the Golovin match. I said she was playing badly the whole tournament.

sundoulos
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:42 AM
This is obviously not the Venus of old. The comeback Venus thinks this is good tennis, and grudingly give credit to her opponents when she loses. It more like I lost the match rather than you beating me. The reality is you won't be sharp unless you train hard, play in tournaments, learns from your errors, improve your skills, and read these threads and listen to your fans and critics. I can't believe I just said that, forget the last remark. Thanks.

mr_parental
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:57 AM
The Venus of old is firmly dead and buried. So, she needs to come up with something new to get back where she belongs at the top of the game......but I ain't holding my breath. This tournament has been laughable, constantly struggling but saying she was here to fight and this was a New Venus :rolleyes: ! Open your eyes sweetheart, you ain't the player you once were, so it time someone kicked you in the bum, to get you fired up again!

Slutiana
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:26 AM
She needs to understand that she is not playing well and do something about it...thats the problem..but anything we say won't change the fact that its upto her...only she can change herself...maybe now the memphis hype has died down and many people are still in love with serena, it will be a wakeup call to get back to serena's level

AcesHigh
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Venus, you need some serious help :help: and it has nothing to do with fitness or playing more tournaments.

Go to Nick.. get another coach... DO SOMETHING!!

Tati :hearts: good match and great interview :worship:

vesanto
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Venus looks really sad and disappointed. Hopefully this defeat will turn out as a good thing for her game.

Tennisaddict
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Well, Venus needs to tighten up her B-game. Yesterday she just could not step back and hit the ball with more topspin to have a better chance to win the rallies. She used to be able to do that.

Instead she started to rush and play low percentage tennis making many errors. I think this is all part of the proces of her coming back. Hopefully she will work on this aspect because she needs it especially on clay.

Sefo
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Tati's talking like the sisters. Definitely no french accent, and definitely no english accent in her french speeches. wow

Venus doesn't look too disappointed.

The Dawntreader
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Venus is fine, she knows what she has to work on for the next tourny:)

Mina Vagante
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:11 PM
:eek: tati is american :eek:

Slutiana
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:16 PM
:eek: tati is american :eek:

No but she lives there and has trained there for ages

Venus is fine, she knows what she has to work on for the next tourny:)

well we'll see....i just hope she is near serena in the draw

Mina Vagante
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:21 PM

lol i know, i was just saying that becuase she has no russian OR french accent

new-york
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM
i just hope Venus measures her words when she says that she feels she was playing well this tournament.

yep. yep.

Nemo_Kool
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:38 PM
give venus a break godammit...she played poorly so what...had Venus been on form she would have demolished Golovin. The fact that most of the points Golovin won were Venus' errors says it all. Venus needs time to improve. Your ready to say she's over yet shes won 10 out of 12 matches this year. She is far from over!

stkenyi
Apr 7th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I hope Zina Garrison is able to communicate all this things to her at Fed Cup.
Right now the girl just can't control her shots period.

treufreund
Apr 7th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Every time that Venus or Hingis or anyone loses a match we hear that it's the end of the career. Conversely if they win a tourney or big match we here that they will dominate. She just had a really bad day at the office. chill out people. :rolleyes:

Callystarr
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Venus will always have haters, as soon as she starts getting tennis under her belt she will be fine. As soon as people realize that Venus & Serena are not the same people the better off people will be. Will Venus win more titles and slams..? More than likely...but then again, this exact thing was happening during 2005...during the hardcourt and clay court season, she just did average and she walked away with another grand slam...she is going to lose matches, everyone does...

meyerpl
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:27 PM

.........and then she'll win another slam.

rockwithme
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Was Golovin chewing gum? :lol:

i noticed that too :lol: i think she lost the stick from her lollipop :D

V-fan
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM

It's obvious that Vee needs to go back to the practice court........But you're opinion is the same as everyone else had before Wimbledon 2005...She proved she can do it...Last year was just lost because of injuries......I think it's wrong to underestimate any champion (also with Hingis and Clijsters struggling with their forms)......And let's be honest who was making most of the winners? I think Venus was, she only needs more practice and match play.......

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:18 PM
People seem to forget that she is coming back from a wrist injury. I forgot it since she won in Memphis. She definitely has to play her way through tournaments and get more match play. We need to give her a break.

volta
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:22 PM
i just hope Venus measures her words when she says that she feels she was playing well this tournament.

yep. yep.

agreed

mr_parental
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Why are people so sure that playing the way she is...good things will come. God, the consistency has now totally gone out of the window!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Tati's english is flawless. That pink top though, not flattering at all.

Too bad for vee, still adore her, but i was worried about this match. Still some solid wins, beating patty on clay is never easy. Keep up the work vee!

And omg at Jankovic saying Ana was lucky :lol:

V-MAC
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:13 PM
give venus a break godammit...she played poorly so what...had Venus been on form she would have demolished Golovin. The fact that most of the points Golovin won were Venus' errors says it all. Venus needs time to improve. Your ready to say she's over yet shes won 10 out of 12 matches this year. She is far from over!

geez, give Golovin some credit at least. I'm by no means a fan of hers but I think the game that Tati played against Vee contributed hugely to her loss, as well as just Vee making loads of errors,etc. I mean Tati was returning amazingly well, especially on the 1st serves that Venus was getting in. She was just returning the ball so deep and at a consistent level, that definitely affected Venus. I watched a replay of the match again earlier today on Eurosport and as I was calmer watching it this time ( I guess already knowing of the outcome helped :lol: ), I could appreciate more how well Golovin played rather than just how poorly Venus played.

sweetpeas
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:33 PM
People seem to forget that she is coming back from a wrist injury. I forgot it since she won in Memphis. She definitely has to play her way through tournaments and get more match play. We need to give her a break.

sO TRUE?

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I don't know why people are so surprised with this loss from Vee.

Just as she's capable of winning the biggest tournaments, she is capable of losing the smallest. :lol: That's just Vee. It ALWAYS has been her.

Being a fan of hers is nothing less than an emotional rollercoaster. :lol:

While I'm disappointed in the loss, I'm necessarily surprised by it nor am I panicking that this is the doom and gloom end for Vee. She's Mercurial like that. Just hang on for the ride, that's all I say.

Thkmra
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:58 AM
The Venus of old is firmly dead and buried. So, she needs to come up with something new to get back where she belongs at the top of the game......but I ain't holding my breath. This tournament has been laughable, constantly struggling but saying she was here to fight and this was a New Venus :rolleyes: ! Open your eyes sweetheart, you ain't the player you once were, so it time someone kicked you in the bum, to get you fired up again!

Sadly I agree:sad: It's like she's living in an alternate reality! She's always been introverted,and self absorbed, but now it's to the point, where she's almost delusional.

She's see's Serena off to a banging start, picking up right where she left off in 03, and Venus, in her mind at least still believes w/o a shadow of a doubt, shes's the best player, and only has to wait for the results, or 'game' to comeback, and prove it!

Direwolf
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I think apart from Memphis...

her play has just been fine from a person coming back from wrist injury...
I mean even in Memphis
she wasnt playing that well...
i think her score vs harkleroad/granville was like 7-6 6-4...
i mean.. wtf??
then suddenly it all came together in one match...

somehow its still there...