PDA

View Full Version : Venus today

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Every one is talking bad things about the way Venus played today, including me.

But she had awesome points too.

I saw that her second serve is getting more powerfull
Her forehand was really good
And for me she is moving really well

I think this will not stop Venus, I mean she's in her comeback she should be better next week.

Sorry if you don't like this thread , I'm just getting a little sad because everyone thinks this is Venus end a thing I don't believe. I think we all are making this loss a big thing wich is not.

GoDominique
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:06 PM
:lol:

Demska
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:08 PM

:lol: :lol:

Bruno71
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:09 PM
She needs some shoes with better traction for clay.

frontier
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:12 PM
venus had almost eight months off and she is just trying to find her game.qf is not so bad i am sure her ranking will be like 27 after this tourney.if she plays well in south carolina her rank can be around 20 before she goes to europe.

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:12 PM

In some points!!!!!
:mad: :lol:

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:13 PM
:lol: :lol:

In some points her forehand was really good.
But we all know her forehand wasn't all that great but we have to agree her forehand sometimes in the match was really strong.

The Dawntreader
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:14 PM
It wasnt all bad!

Her second serve looked very deep at times, and she was sliding well into the backhand. I mean in that opening game, she looked very sharp. obviously though, means crap-all when she couldnt produce for the rest of the match...........

Venus must never lose again, the treatment she recieves on this board:rolleyes:

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Please don't come her to make me feel worse than I feel

I'm just trying to find what Venus did well and did bad

Don't come here to make fun of Venus or even me :awww:

winone23
It wasnt all bad!

Her second serve looked very deep at times, and she was sliding well into the backhand. I mean in that opening game, she looked very sharp. obviously though, means crap-all when she couldnt produce for the rest of the match...........

I know some people on this board are totally bogus

winone23
I also saw some postives in her game today.

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
It wasnt all bad!

Your telling me I'm not being a good fan of Venus

I didn't want to insult Venus or something

You guys are making me feel really bad
:sad: :sad: :sad:

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I also saw some postives in her game today.

Yeah that's what I'm tryng to say but a lot of people didn't get me

:sad:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Her forehand was horrible. I did not see Venus today. It was an impersonator. The only time I saw a glimpse of Venus was when she started to hit less errors and broke back twice in the second set. I'm still waiting for the real Venus.

winone23
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Hacberto I wasn't referring to your comments I was talking about the bogus treatment Venus get on the board from other posters b/c according to them Venus is now a horrible clay court player. My comment was a little out of context. :hug:

Tennisaddict
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Venus today played a horrible match. But she will come back stronger don´t worry hacberto.

mr_parental
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM
One word- RUBBISH!!!

The Dawntreader
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:26 PM

:eek:

I wasnt talking about you winone, you're sticking up for Vee:smooch:

I was talking about the board's general reaction to Vee losing:rolleyes:

booshbish
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:26 PM

Venus is a mover.. She always moves well; it's the strongpoint of her game and a point of major confidence.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Every one is talking bad things about the way Venus played today, including me.

But she had awesome points too.

I saw that her second serve is getting more powerfull

I think this will not stop Venus, I mean she's in her comeback she should be better next week.

Sorry if you don't like this thread , I'm just getting a little sad because everyone thinks this is Venus end a thing I don't believe. I think we all are making this loss a big thing wich is not.

I disagree especially with the movement.
Venus to me is one of the best sliders on clay this generation.
Kim might be more drastic at it and Justine is consistent at it but Venus is the only one that can slide in every direction on clay including diagonally in a backwards fashion.
She's the best American slider on clay and she moved like an average American pro on it today.

starin
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:34 PM
i saw some great things in the first 3 games. but somehow she still ended up 0-3 down. I think Golovin hit 1 winner and 0 errors and she ended up 3-0 ahead. Venus, venus, venus...what else to say. Right now she's playing top 25 at best. The one thing I was really disappointed by was when she broke back twice and was serving @ 3-4 she hit a df and then like 3 or 4 UE. It was so wierd and totally let Golovin off the hook.

Venus gets total crap treatment on this board. People disrespect her left and right. But I think its mostly people who hate the WS and at the moment can't say many things about Serena who has been wonderful and so unleash their hate toward Venus who has been struglling and losing matches to lesser players.

I still believe Venus can make it back. I refuse to believe that the form she showed in the memphis final was a one time thing. She just has to get more matches under her belt and I'm glad she's playing lots of tournaments.

winone23
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:34 PM
:eek:

I wasnt talking about you winone, you're sticking up for Vee:smooch:

I was talking about the board's general reaction to Vee losing:rolleyes:

Dl05 I know :hug: I was clearing it up with Hacberto, that we are all on the same page.

winone23
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM
i saw some great things in the first 3 games. but somehow she still ended up 0-3 down. I think Golovin hit 1 winner and 0 errors and she ended up 3-0 ahead. Venus, venus, venus...what else to say. Right now she's playing top 25 at best. The one thing I was really disappointed by was when she broke back twice and was serving @ 3-4 she hit a df and then like 3 or 4 UE. It was so wierd and totally let Golovin off the hook.

Venus gets total crap treatment on this board. People disrespect her left and right. But I think its mostly people who hate the WS and at the moment can't say many things about Serena who has been wonderful and so unleash their hate toward Venus who has been struglling and losing matches to lesser players.

I still believe Venus can make it back. I refuse to believe that the form she showed in the memphis final was a one time thing. She just has to get more matches under her belt and I'm glad she's playing lots of tournaments.

She will be back it's only a matter of time.

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Thank you guys

I hope Venus win again and win big!!

PLP
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I think she needs a bit more time. Nobody should write her off, ever.

Also, Tati is a great player who has some amazing days...she was obviously very focused in this match. Venus will get more consistent, and will start gutting these matches out again soon, I am sure of it! Hopefully she can have a really great run in Charleston, come on VEE!!! :kiss:

So don't feel bad. She is doing just fine!!

The Dawntreader
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I think she needs a bit more time. Nobody should write her off, ever.

Also, Tati is a great player who has some amazing days...she was obviously very focused in this match. Venus will get more consistent, and will start gutting these matches out again soon, I am sure of it! Hopefully she can have a really great run in Charleston, come on VEE!!! :kiss:

So don't feel bad. She is doing just fine!!

exactly:D

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM

Just look at your stat to find out why Golovin was up 3-0.
Having 1 winner to 0 UEs is playing very good clay court tennis.
Being in the positive with winners to UEs or even even is playing very good clay court tennis and Golovin stayed that way for the majority of the match.

The other stuff is :bs:. More conspiracy theories that are absurd.
There are people on this board stating fact after fact to back up their opinion and if you don't want to see that, then that's on you but there's no reason to make up things.
There's a reason why people are questioning Venus and it has nothing to do with Serena.
She's the one who expects to make it to the top 16 by the French Open.
She's not going to do it with the way she's playing right now and it's not disrespectful to mention it.
Even Richard went as far as to chastize his own 26 year old daughter, a full grown women in the media after her lost to Sharapova.
It's not disrespectful when we all know there's no way Venus should have lost to Maria in her state at that tourni.

Sure Venus can make it back.
I don't believe it to be on this surface.
You have to switch up things when it comes to approach shots.
Just going down the line works on every surface except clay.
She can angle her forehand for a short reply.
She hasn't done it in the gamestyle she has played on clay in the last 2 years.
She's predictable and that's not something you want to be on clay.
The only way to learn how to come in on the right time is to play doubles unless you're a natural player on the surface.
Venus is good but not a natural on clay.

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:03 PM
mmm I can feel a lot of love for Venus in this thread.
Us, Her fans love her no matter what

I know Venus is struguling ( I think I write that incorrect) but she'll start to play better in the next weeks

She can only go up and play better in each time.
She'll be better in Charleston and in her next tournaments

For Venus fan: I love You Guys I really do :hug:
I Love Venus :inlove:

starin
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Just look at your stat to find out why Golovin was up 3-0.
Having 1 winner to 0 UEs is playing very good clay court tennis.
Being in the positive with winners to UEs or even even is playing very good clay court tennis and Golovin stayed that way for the majority of the match.

The other stuff is :bs:. More conspiracy theories that are absurd.
There are people on this board stating fact after fact to back up their opinion and if you don't want to see that, then that's on you but there's no reason to make up things.
There's a reason why people are questioning Venus and it has nothing to do with Serena.
She's the one who expects to make it to the top 16 by the French Open.
She's not going to do it with the way she's playing right now and it's not disrespectful to mention it.
Even Richard went as far as to chastize his own 26 year old daughter, a full grown women in the media after her lost to Sharapova.
It's not disrespectful when we all know there's no way Venus should have lost to Maria in her state at that tourni.

Sure Venus can make it back.
I don't believe it to be on this surface.
You have to switch up things when it comes to approach shots.
Just going down the line works on every surface except clay.
She can angle her forehand for a short reply.
She hasn't done it in the gamestyle she has played on clay in the last 2 years.
She's predictable and that's not something you want to be on clay.
The only way to learn how to come in on the right time is to play doubles unless you're a natural player on the surface.
Venus is good but not a natural on clay.

of course that is why Golovin was up 3-0. She let Venus hit the winners and the errors. It was just wierd for me to see Venus hit some great shots and still end up 0-3 down. It went by really quickly too, so it just caught me off guard. I just hadn't realized Venus had hit that many errors to go down 0-3.

As for the other stuff I said. Open your eyes man. The majority of people on this board are fair and even. But honestly, the stuff I remember most is the stupid comments made by the WS haters. Any time one WS is down they are there ready to pounce. Its not conspiracy theory, Serena is playing fantastic and there are people (not a lot but def. a few ) who would love to hate on her but there is not much to say about a player who has beaten two no.1's and won a slam and a tier I. Anyhoo....this was a waste of time.

starin
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:10 PM
mmm I can feel a lot of love for Venus in this thread.
Us, Her fans love her no matter what

I know Venus is struguling ( I think I write that incorrect) but she'll start to play better in the next weeks

She can only go up and play better in each time.
She'll be better in Charleston and in her next tournaments

For Venus fan: I love You Guys I really do :hug:
I Love Venus :inlove:
:) Venus has too much talent. She'll be back...the question is when and for how long?

sky20748
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:16 AM
and u summed it up very well.venus has got to cut down the errors.thats not going to happen because she goes for it which is all good.but she is predictable.she has to change it up.the element of complete surprise.venus tried hard today i saw that.but she didnt switch in time to complete plan b.but its going up.hell she lost in the 3rd round.and now she made it to the quarters.i am never going to turn my back on her.but its hard to see her lose to players who she should be beating.and then that players goes out either the next round or there after.she can win i feel on any surface.she needs patience and go back and watch tapes of what she did to win her other titles on clay.the right shot.learn the drop shot.oh man on clay it would be wicked for her to surprise opponents with that.hit more angles.run the opponent.take them off the court and then when they are stretched out come in for the kill.man how wicked would that be.get off that baseline because its predictable.just like they try to pick on her forehand.like at wimbledown when sharapova's dad was yelling hit it to her dam forehand.see its predictable.now with serena,she came back with something on her serve and placement.now venus its your turn.i am not mad at you cuz u did get a title this year ur first tournament.so go for it girl u have it in you.take a breath,close your eyes,exhale and whoop some straight ass now.