PDA

View Full Version : Venus doesn't deserve a new clothing contract!

mr_parental
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I don't think she deserves one at all. When she won Wimbledon, it was her best chance to get one. But, if were gonna be honest who would give her one now, her results are no longer stellar and she is highly inconsistent (even in many of current wins). Basically if you were Nike and Lacoste would you sponsor (asking for a lot of money) who doesn't constantly make it to semis and beyond. I would not and they should do the same. Until she starts winning, she should bring her asking price (as many have hinted is the problem) or realise with her current results she doesn't deserve what she's asking for.

I know people won't agree with me but, its how I feel!

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Maybe she won't

You know what I think she won't
I want her to have a clothing contract but I know she's not getting one

When she won Wimbledon in 05 she didn't had one and it's going to stay the same no matter if she wins the three next Grand Slam

To be honest it's really cool to see Venus with her clothes. It's like Classic Venus she only wears them and I haven't seen anyone wearing something similar to Venus' and for me that makes her unique.

cellophane
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Players don't get clothing contracts based on their results only. Stupid thread anyhow.

hacberto
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Ohh another thing

I always think that will be nice if Serena Williams desing clothes for Venus

Venus should wear Aneres

The Dawntreader
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:10 PM
:rolleyes:

God Venus loses a tennis match and a witch-hunt ensues...........

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Ohh another thing

I always think that will be nice if Serena Williams desing clothes for Venus

Venus should wear Aneres

:hearts: They should

or Vee should go to Nike :hearts:

mr_parental
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Not a witch-hunt, just stating the facts. I'm just not confident in her anymore, a flash of brilliance for short period of time every few years, then playing like crap and getting injured- is a waste of her abilities. :o

The Dawntreader
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Not a witch-hunt, just stating the facts. I'm just not confident in her anymore, a flash of brilliance for short period of time every few years, then playing like crap and getting injured- is a waste of her abilities. :o

Yeah, buts its a bit far saying she isnt deserving of anything. At least she's out there playing, loving what she's doing. When she's injured you cant blame her for that........

She's far more deserving of contracts for all her dedication and achievments in tennis than a lot of players i could care to mention....

Marcell
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:19 PM
How do we know she is seeking a clothing contract?

Tennisaddict
Oh, I forgot to mention it but Venus was looking very beautiful today in her orange dress. She was working it :yeah:

frontier
a clothing deal is easy to get ,its the conditions attached that venus might no like.you have to play and represent the sponsor even if you dont want to.
i think she has a year to year deal with reebok,maybe for a small amount.

volta
hmm there are players lower ranked then her and with 0.001% of the media coverage that Venus has and still have clothing deals. Venus doesn't have a new sponsor cuz she doesnt want one

winone23
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I don't think she deserves one at all. When she won Wimbledon, it was her best chance to get one. But, if were gonna be honest who would give her one now, her results are no longer stellar and she is highly inconsistent (even in many of current wins). Basically if you were Nike and Lacoste would you sponsor (asking for a lot of money) who doesn't constantly make it to semis and beyond. I would not and they should do the same. Until she starts winning, she should bring her asking price (as many have hinted is the problem) or realise with her current results she doesn't deserve what she's asking for.

Without a clothing contract Venus is still one of the highest paid women in tennis, so big deal.

mr_parental
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Thank god for Serena I say...keeping the family name alive!

p.s. Venus doesn't deserve a contract for way she is playing. As I said she obviously asking for too much- the 'other players' who you choose not to mention must not ask for as much. And, seriously do you honestly think Venus went from designing her outfits to wearing the same sh1t for over 2 years- she's a fashionable girl afterall! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

winone23
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Thank god for Serena I say...keeping the family name alive!

p.s. Venus doesn't deserve a contract for way she is playing. As I said she obviously asking for too much- the 'other players' who you choose not to mention must not ask for as much. And, seriously do you honestly think Venus went from designing her outfits to wearing the same sh1t for over 2 years- she's a fashionable girl afterall! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Venus doesn't care why should we?? She's still a multi-millionaire at the end of the day. If you don't like Venus stop being a fan and following her it will make your life easier. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm sure Venus is losing plenty of sleep because you're displeased with her.

mr_parental
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:57 PM
You don't know she doesn't care, just like I don't know she does care! :rolleyes:

hacberto
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:26 AM
:hearts: They should

or Vee should go to Nike :hearts:

Yeah, I send a message to Serena in her blog a couple of months ago about making cothes for Venus but I think she didn't have time to reply me :fiery:

But I think it's a good idea

new-york
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:33 AM

What the hell Venus is asking for.

mr_parental
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:44 AM
an awful lot, obviously!

new-york
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:45 AM
elaborate. :shrug:

did you hear her asking for a clothing contract anyway. (???)

Viktymise
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Some people have too much time on their hands making this kind of thread :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:50 AM

I never understood why Serena didn't start her own line for Venus, like Martina and Judy Navratilova did.

jdyshrky
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:54 AM
only 43 women on tour have had a better year so far...so where does this line for stopping sponsorship begin? please...

Slutiana
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:02 AM
i think shes happy designing and putting her ideas into her closthes without having to get anyone else's approval..i think its her choice 100 %...obviously they wanna b her sponsor...the bloody name williams must b worth millions!!!

supergrunt
Apr 7th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Well who are you? :lol:

Experimentee
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Stupid thread :rolleyes:

If she doesnt deserve one in that case anyone outside the top 20 shouldnt deserve one according to you.

rockstar
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:55 AM
i thinks she does deserve a new contract, but definitely not some multi-million dollar per year type of contract based on her form right now

Marshmallow
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:01 AM
:rolleyes:

God Venus loses a tennis match and a witch-hunt ensues...........

:rolls:

On the subject of clothes, i don't care, Venus looked stunning today. She should wear this all seasons.

On the subject of results, clay is her weakest surface, especially green clay. Venus is patchy, but if you actually watch her matches, she still has what it takes to win the big ones. She may never regain her early consistency, but she is still always a title threat wherever she plays. She just couldn't adjust her balance today.

JackWalker
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:04 AM
i think she definetely deserves it. if venus were to play at her worst throughout the year, but play a full calendar, she would at least be in the top 20.

why doesn't she have one?

Veronique
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:04 AM
So this is a speculation thread! Wake me up when you get real facts.

Jeff
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Who gives a crap if she doesn't have a clothing contract.

davidmario
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:14 AM
she's 10-2 at the season, better than many other certain players.

Wiggly
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Venus in Lacoste? Weird.

She's a RBK girl.

VS Fan
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:20 AM
Well, she is STILL wearing Reebok for free, so they did well on her Wimbledon win. Maybe some company will take a chance??

CuteLatinGirl
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:52 AM
All players deserve a clothing contract... please... It’s more than unfair
that some players who had good results and now are not in their best
level are left by the companies.

It happened to Guga Kuerten, he won a lot and now he has to use his
own clothes because nobody wants to sign him... more than unfair.
But Venus still sells a lot, so obviously she deserves it.

hingis-seles
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Anna Kournikova had an Addidas sponsorship even when her results were not comparable to Venus in her current form. It's about star power. And Venus is a star.

tennnisfannn
Apr 8th, 2007, 07:38 AM
She is still the third highest paid tennis player after maria and serena. Obviously money is changing hands and we may never know how.
contracts do not and have never depended on results.
Mary pierce said she chose not to sign up with anyone simply becuases she did not need the mnoey and didn't want the pressure of having to please someone else.

SV_Fan
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:17 PM
So what you saying is Venus is no longer sponsored by reebok?

But I think yall need to give VEe some time to whip her self back into shape like Serena did. I know Venus wants more trophies and plates just give her time.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Well... Mary Pierce has been without a sponsor for time now... and it boils down to a couple of things: player value, asking price, performances, marketability, longevity and whether the brand would appeal to a player (target market etc). When Mary was left high and dry by her so called lifetime sponsor Nike, Nike wished to sign her up for cinsiderably less... so naturally she gave them the bird. Whilst Mary appears to be a popular figure in womens tennis, it would only seem she cannot land a sponsorship due to the fact of the amount of days left in her legs and for the fact that if they were to sing her for a sizable amount it wouldn't be a short term thing, it'd be a 3 or 4 year contract - the possibility of Mary retiring was just too much for a sporting company to gamble on. Similarly Venus, Venus is still young, but the years are catching up with her... and it shows in her performances. Her popularity isn't as strong through the media as it once was due to the fact she plays very little tennis with patchy results. For Venus, she believes that she's worth a lot... that's why she has no sponsorship. She'll get one... she shouldn't be without a brand for that long.

backhanddtl4
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:41 PM
there are players much worse than venus that have one....soooooo

MyskinaManiac
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:24 PM
there are players much worse than venus that have one....soooooo

Yeah, but not to the value of hers.