PDA

View Full Version : TGo's Net Game Improving?

Danke Anke
Apr 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I thought she did a nice job at the net today. She didn't come in a lot, but she handled some very difficult shots beautifully at the net today. It seems like she has a better court sense up there than she did just a few months ago. Perhaps all the doubles she's been playing? I used to cringe whenever I saw her coming forward because I knew it meant an ugly botched volley... Allez Tati!

FrenchY52
Apr 6th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah i was actually very surprised too coz usually she can't put an easy one in the court :spit: . Probably Courteau showed her some basics this last week :)

timafi
Apr 6th, 2007, 09:43 PM
working on her volleys with Loic is working :woohoo: :woohoo:
some of her volleys were so:speakles: I'm sure Ame would have a huge :D on her face:) :yeah:
good job Tati:woohoo: :rocker: :banana: :banana: :D

Orion
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:26 PM
She's looking much sharper out there on court today than I've seen her before, and is taking advantage of her opportunities well. Good thing, too. If she can put together a good clay season and a nice little run at Wimbledon, she has a buffer for her US Open points.

schorsch
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:29 AM
my god there were some volleys were i was like BOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Slutiana
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:12 AM
well she must be starting just the foundation of the volleys...she did well..especially on the drop volleys...she just needs to get a bit of confidence on them, practice the punch volley more and keep the racket head up at all times coz she tends to drop it and it looks bad and i think think that scares everyone more than anything...thats really good...shes trying out new stuff which could aid her in the task of 1. Winning her first title and 2. Getting into the top 15 and then trying for the top 10 from there..bravo tati!

Craigy
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:25 AM
:lol: When she first came to net I was like :unsure: But yeah, shes got better :D

Lulu.
Apr 7th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Her net game has really improved. She hit some nice dropshots too

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:29 PM
its improving :)

FrenchY52
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks god

sweetpeas
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her net game has really improved. She hit some nice dropshots too

So true.It was a nice game of tennis?Good show,both ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danke Anke
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I think she still has some work to do with the first volley, she often makes herself hit more volleys than she should in a point, but she's developed some amazing touch up there! She just looks so much more comfortable.

Sefo
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I think she still has some work to do with the first volley, she often makes herself hit more volleys than she should in a point, but she's developed some amazing touch up there! She just looks so much more comfortable.

That's true. She's improved alot, but she shouldn't smash or volley toward the opponent that much, as she did today. There was a point that was clearly in her hand and she volleyed back to Ana, who closed it with a great passing shot. :(